How to be an utter Donkey and actively drag your team down when you are top tier. A tutorial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Deimnos #1 Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37106 battles
  • [RO-MW] RO-MW

So there i am a tier 7 in a tier 9 match. Lucky me, there are only 2 tier 9s, i can do something, surely ill get some damage done once our higher tier heavies get rolling into town, i will help my brave teammates will well executed flanking maneuvers!
Wait? what's this? Our ST-1 is camping in A1? Surely he is preparing to roll forward and crush the opposition? Nope, he just camped there.

I decide to call for a report, since surely he is a bot, no other explanation. But he proves me wrong, he is not a bot. How do i know this? Well the only shot he fired was to TEAM KILL ME. and i wasn't in the way of  a sniping shot either. Complete and utter donkey, that should be banned from WOT, and frankly from any other online game. But, hey do you guys think I'm over reacting? Watch the replay, and you tell me

link:

http://wotreplays.co...-deimnos-t-34-1

Lord_WC #2 Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles
Put him on ignore and TK him next time you meet. Otherwise move on. [edited]are numerous in this game and nothing forces them to get better. Let them bloom in their great tomatoness, I'm pretty sure if someone's that bad in an easy game like WoT, he has other, more pressing problems.

Deimnos #3 Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37106 battles
  • [RO-MW] RO-MW
I am not mad, surprisingly, but i am not. It is not the first time i witness something like this, but this had to get out there. I still don't understand what he was thinking, but then again, i will probably never understand such behavior. And i disagree with you, if he had more pressing problems, he wouldn't be in WOT. Also, even if he had a bad day(while playing), he still would have shot at the enemy. Yet his only shot was to team kill me. That is what i really find strange.

mikesalt #4 Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17459 battles

I think players moving up through the tiers too fast could be one cause of all the complaints about MM.

Too many tomatoes driving top tier tanks in battles, usually heavies. 

I'm not a good player, I'm taking my time, trying to learn & improve as I move up the tiers.

I've played nearly 6000 games and my highest tank is tier 7. I don't see the point in getting into tier 8,9,10 games too soon, where I'll just be free xp & a liability to the team.

Unfortunately, I see lots of players in T29's etc, who haven't got a clue and are worse than useless, if not dangerous to their team mates.

So remember kids, its not what you've got, its what you do with it.    :izmena:

Ullakkomorko #5 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11658 battles
  • [HKI] HKI
I bet you let him know your thoughts on him camping in A1 before he tk'd you.

CuteGargoyle #6 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17983 battles

"How to be an utter Donkey and actively drag your team down when you are top tier. A tutorial"

I need no help in doing this.

I am quite good at it now thanks.

Trying to learn the opposite though.

Deimnos #7 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37106 battles
  • [RO-MW] RO-MW

View PostUllakkomorko, on 17 March 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

I bet you let him know your thoughts on him camping in A1 before he tk'd you.

Nope, you can watch the replay. I did say on general chat that our ST-1 is camping in A1, and is probably a bot, he should be reported, and thanked the enemy team. After he killed me, i said in general chat that players like him actually drag the team down and to please report him because he might be in their team next time. And that's it. I did not insult him, and i actually though he was a bot. Actually, i he would have been a bot, it would have helped the team, that's how bad he was. And like i said, he actively did not shoot the enemy team. Its like he decided:'Nope, screw this team, i am doing nothing this whole match. that will show them"

CptBarney #8 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

welcome to randoms i guess?

to be honest you get players like that anyway. Although more pop out during special events like St.Patricks day.

3Form #9 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17618 battles
They get to tier X, barely win 40% of their matches, struggle to deal half their hitpoints in damage… yet don't for a single second stop to think why. I don't understand how so many lack the capacity to criticise themselves, a capacity which has arguably been key to the survival of the species. Finally they get owned repeatedly by BatChats/T57/Foch/WT and decide to grind to these tanks instead.

CptBarney #10 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Post3Form, on 17 March 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

They get to tier X, barely win 40% of their matches, struggle to deal half their hitpoints in damage… yet don't for a single second stop to think why. I don't understand how so many lack the capacity to criticise themselves, a capacity which has arguably been key to the survival of the species. Finally they get owned repeatedly by BatChats/T57/Foch/WT and decide to grind to these tanks instead.

Then they get owned by something else and the vicious circle continues till they stop playing the game or finally realise that they are doing something wrong.

GemmaLou #11 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

View Post3Form, on 17 March 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

one of my games last night, our top tiers were 45% and 43%.amazingly, we lost. i don't get why they don't learn to play better, it must be frustrating getting blattered all the time

CptBarney #12 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostGemmaLou, on 17 March 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

one of my games last night, our top tiers were 45% and 43%.amazingly, we lost. i don't get why they don't learn to play better, it must be frustrating getting blattered all the time

depends who and/or what is playing the game you could have a child whos managed to get into his dads account and wreak havoc.

or bots or people who delibertly play bad. Or just people who take a very very long time to realise that they are "doing it wrong"

Folau #13 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Have you seen it from his point of view though?

He's one of only two top tier tanks on the team, so the pressure is on him to put in a good performance for the Greater Good Of The Team. He decides that rather than rush too far and get killed needlessly, Dragging Down The Rest Of The Team, he'll play it safe for it bit (approximately 14 minutes at 53 seconds). Then some low tier starts yelling about him botting/haxxing/MM/camping/firing gold [delete as appropriate] and he feels that his honour has been called into question, and dissent within the ranks will only Drag Down The Rest Of The Team, so he crushes any talk of rebellion against him with one fell swoop. Turns out he is actually the ultimate team player and it is simply a question of the other team making a fantastic play than any poor judgement on his behalf.

Players like this make me proud to be a bottom tier without these sorts of crucial, match-changing decisions to make. I just have to do exactly as ordered and die for the Glory Of The Top Tier Gods.

:trollface:

Edited by Folau, 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM.

GemmaLou #14 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

View PostCptBarney, on 17 March 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

depends who and/or what is playing the game you could have a child whos managed to get into his dads account and wreak havoc.

or bots or people who delibertly play bad. Or just people who take a very very long time to realise that they are "doing it wrong"

true :) or they're drunk, or high, or both, or playing with their nose

Mr_Sukebe #15 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32318 battles
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO

The way you've written that, almost sounds like it's a rare occasion.

Personally I see it all the time.  Invariably a tomato in an IS8 or M103.  46% WR, no clue at all.  Either camps at the back until overrun, or rushes in, exposes side armour to enemy tanks and sits still for enemy arty.  Typical damage is often a single penetrating hit.

If I had my way:

- I'd impose a cap, preventing genuinely BAD players from play upper tier tanks.  Initial proposal would be         Max tier Playable = Players WR - 40.  So if you want to play T9, you need to have at least a 49% WR, i.e. be an AVERAGE skilled player

- Introduce leagues, (One Upper, One Lower), such that players can choose to play in a league with someone of a vaguely similar skill level.  The better players get to avoid the tomatoes.  The inexperienced get to avoid being owned/outplayed by unicums.

steview162 #16 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33583 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Bad players will spend money to get to T10. Money makes WG happy. Bad players make WG happy. Learn to love the bad player.

Mr_Sukebe #17 Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32318 battles
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO

View Poststeview162, on 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Bad players will spend money to get to T10. Money makes WG happy. Bad players make WG happy. Learn to love the bad player.

Agreed.

So give them their little play area, where they can play against other "tomatoes", without being ripped to pieces in a matter of seconds by genuinely good players.

Surely that benefits BOTH sides?

- Better players don't have the frustration of watching muppets lose games for them

- Worse players get to feel like driving gods as they last more than 5 mins and get to inflict more than 400 damage

CptBarney #18 Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostMr_Sukebe, on 17 March 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

The way you've written that, almost sounds like it's a rare occasion.

Personally I see it all the time.  Invariably a tomato in an IS8 or M103.  46% WR, no clue at all.  Either camps at the back until overrun, or rushes in, exposes side armour to enemy tanks and sits still for enemy arty.  Typical damage is often a single penetrating hit.

If I had my way:

- I'd impose a cap, preventing genuinely BAD players from play upper tier tanks.  Initial proposal would be         Max tier Playable = Players WR - 40.  So if you want to play T9, you need to have at least a 49% WR, i.e. be an AVERAGE skilled player

- Introduce leagues, (One Upper, One Lower), such that players can choose to play in a league with someone of a vaguely similar skill level.  The better players get to avoid the tomatoes.  The inexperienced get to avoid being owned/outplayed by unicums.

that would be difficult to implement though and sound similar to the skilled mm thing. Not saying it's a bad idea i just don't know how it can be implemented without so many people complaining about this.

though a good idea.

Edited by CptBarney, 17 March 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Mr_Sukebe #19 Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32318 battles
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO

View PostCptBarney, on 17 March 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

that would be difficult to implement though and sound similar to the skilled mm thing. Not saying it's a bad idea i just don't know how it can be implemented without so many people complaining about this.

though a good idea.

Some thoughts:

- Relatively easy to implement.  there's already an ingame PR rating for players.  You could use that to logically split the player base into the Upper, and/or lower league

- NEEDS to be optional.  I don't believe you should be FORCING people to play in leagues.  Inexperienced may CHOSE to go into a "standard" random, just to watch better players perform

- There would be a need to CAPTURE data based upon players performance in EACH league.  Chances are that players in the upper league would have worse WRs than in the standard.  However, capture data separately and you can SHOW just how well you do in each

- My thoughts are to suggest promotion/demotion from the lower to upper tier (and vice versa) once a week (e.g. on a Monday, top/bottom 5% of each league)

To me, that lot doesn't look too difficult to build, but hey, I'm only an ex-software developer.

Path64 #20 Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26834 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Wow so maybe if the enemy had called him a robot idiot he would have come out and fought them??  Doubt it.  Hope the ban hammer hits him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users