Jump to content


Video: Science of Victory - Tank Destroyers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,495
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Want to know how to crush your enemies into oblivion? Use science!

Full news text

Oxmaster #2 Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 19449 battles
  • 877
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

What?

Rangefinder of 48 is empty, you will do 0 dmg to it, don't shoot it.


Edited by Oxmaster, 20 March 2014 - 05:55 PM.


darkfang77 #3 Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31246 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Lol... so this noob commentator basically tells us not to use arty and TDs in one video, nice fail WG

Schmeksiman #4 Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostOxmaster, on 20 March 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

What?

Rangefinder of 48 is empty, you will do 0 dmg to it, don't shoot it.

Spoiler

 

 

It was a mistake by the devs, they gave the wrong info to the video department, so yeah even RU devs have their fail moments. I believe it has been fixed now by an annotation.

 

View Postdarkfang77, on 20 March 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Lol... so this noob commentator basically tells us not to use arty and TDs in one video, nice fail WG

 

In team battles, yeah. Arty is completely useless in 7/42 since the nerf and TD's will always have the described drawbacks.

Note before calling someone a noob, this video is ONLY INTENDED FOR TEAM BATTLES, tips about which tank to use do not apply to random games as that is completely different.


Edited by Schmeksiman, 20 March 2014 - 06:52 PM.


darkfang77 #5 Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31246 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostSchmeksiman, on 20 March 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

 

It was a mistake by the devs, they gave the wrong info to the video department, so yeah even RU devs have their fail moments. I believe it has been fixed now by an annotation.

 

Lol... so this noob commentator basically tells us not to use arty and TDs in one video, nice fail WG

 

In team battles, yeah. Arty is completely useless in 7/42 since the nerf and TD's will always have the described drawbacks.

Note before calling someone a noob, this video is ONLY INTENDED FOR TEAM BATTLES, tips about which tank to use do not apply to random games as that is completely different.

 

That's not my point, my point was that we didn't need this video just to tell us that TDs won't work in team battles anymore because of nerfs to the TD branch.... That noob commentator reviewed some of the tanks and then neglected to review some of the others, which was pointless when the endline was telling us not use TDs... A brief summary of all the weaknesses would've been sufficient (and even then they couldn't do that right).

 

I'm surprised WG had the balls to admit arty is worthless in all battles (let alone team ones).



Schmeksiman #6 Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postdarkfang77, on 20 March 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

That's not my point, my point was that we didn't need this video just to tell us that TDs won't work in team battles anymore because of nerfs to the TD branch.... That noob commentator reviewed some of the tanks and then neglected to review some of the others, which was pointless when the endline was telling us not use TDs... A brief summary of all the weaknesses would've been sufficient (and even then they couldn't do that right).

 

I'm surprised WG had the balls to admit arty is worthless in all battles (let alone team ones).

 

  1. Only tier X TD's were hit by alpha damage nerfs, I don't think tier VIII ones were touched
  2. This series is intended to cover everything you need to know about 7/42, from the most basic things, preferred tanks down to advanced strategies which will come in time. Someone new to this mode might wonder if TD's are worth picking, this gives him the answer
  3. Please give me the list of neglected tanks
  4. Even if this is not related to 7/42 weakpoints of those TD's mentioned were highlighted
  5. This series is completely objective, if a tank is worthless in 7/42 it will tell you so, which is the case with arty after the nerf. If some tanks are superior to the other it will also tell you so

 

Haters that do not understand the point will always be present, nothing you can do about it. Instead of backing up an effort to explain team battles to new players, they'll just hate it because it is "popular" to write something bashing WG at every opportunity you get.

 

And for your information, that narrator is the EU commentator of the strongest WG League, the russian cluster as well as the leader of a successful ESL clan, someone knowledgeable of the issue. The expert in question, or "Slide" is a member of NaVi, widely regarded as the best 7/42 team in the world. You'll be able to see him play at the grand finals so judge by yourself if he's a noob.


Edited by Schmeksiman, 20 March 2014 - 08:32 PM.


LordGecko #7 Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17173 battles
  • 35
  • [DAST] DAST
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
no REAL review of Ferdi?? :facepalm: you do not think snipers have their place in team battles? what about the camo factor of the TDs? If all team battle teams used no arty or TDs the ones with TDs may have a good advantage. There is something such as covering an advance from behind you know....

darkfang77 #8 Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31246 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostSchmeksiman, on 20 March 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

 

  1. Only tier X TD's were hit by alpha damage nerfs, I don't think tier VIII ones were touched
  2. This series is intended to cover everything you need to know about 7/42, from the most basic things, preferred tanks down to advanced strategies which will come in time. Someone new to this mode might wonder if TD's are worth picking, this gives him the answer
  3. Please give me the list of neglected tanks
  4. Even if this is not related to 7/42 weakpoints of those TD's mentioned were highlighted
  5. This series is completely objective, if a tank is worthless in 7/42 it will tell you so, which is the case with arty after the nerf. If some tanks are superior to the other it will also tell you so

 

Haters that do not understand the point will always be present, nothing you can do about it. Instead of backing up an effort to explain team battles to new players, they'll just hate it because it is "popular" to write something bashing WG at every opportunity you get.

 

And for your information, that narrator is the EU commentator of the strongest WG League, the russian cluster as well as the leader of a successful ESL clan, someone knowledgeable of the issue. The expert in question, or "Slide" is a member of NaVi, widely regarded as the best 7/42 team in the world. You'll be able to see him play at the grand finals so judge by yourself if he's a noob.

Ferdy? JP2?

 

Camo nerf for TDs? You forgot about those all of a sudden? ;)

 

The answer could be explained in 5s, no don't use it... No point telling us about SOME of the TD weakspots in TB if we're not going to be using them, whats the point in NOT telling us about the weakspots of other tanks that are used in TB (IS3, etc)?

 

 



kuso #9 Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16290 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011
Yet another reason why 7v7 is imba fail :P rebalance to make use off all tanks like just removing the points restriction

Schmeksiman #10 Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postdarkfang77, on 20 March 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Ferdy? JP2?

 

Camo nerf for TDs? You forgot about those all of a sudden? ;)

 

The answer could be explained in 5s, no don't use it... No point telling us about SOME of the TD weakspots in TB if we're not going to be using them, whats the point in NOT telling us about the weakspots of other tanks that are used in TB (IS3, etc)?

 

You do have a point there, while JPII is pretty easy to figure out (much like ISU) Ferdi probably should have been featured. IS-3 weakspots were covered in a previous video I believe...

And I haven't seen anything about the nerf to the camo bonus when firing for TD's in the patch notes, there was a lot of fuss about it but I'm unsure if that was done. Other than that, camo factor of TD's wasn't touched.



mrtvimarijan #11 Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36809 battles
  • 898
  • [PXA] PXA
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
It would be nice if we had a team battle mode where 95% of tanks will not be useless.

Ubertron_X #12 Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30513 battles
  • 199
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View Postmrtvimarijan, on 20 March 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

It would be nice if we had a team battle mode where 95% of tanks will not be useless.

 

Exactly this. Instead of making several videos, they could have made just one video telling us to bl..dy stick to IS-3, T-32, AMX 50 100 and AMX 13 90 and thats it.


Edited by Ubertron_X, 20 March 2014 - 09:19 PM.


darkfang77 #13 Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31246 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostSchmeksiman, on 20 March 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

 

You do have a point there, while JPII is pretty easy to figure out (much like ISU) Ferdi probably should have been featured. IS-3 weakspots were covered in a previous video I believe...

And I haven't seen anything about the nerf to the camo bonus when firing for TD's in the patch notes, there was a lot of fuss about it but I'm unsure if that was done. Other than that, camo factor of TD's wasn't touched.


Must've been rumours, but I heard the recent TD rebalance reduced TD camo by 10% ?

Its hard to work when what is easy to "figure out" like whether TDs are appropriate for TB or where the weakspots of specific TDs are... 

 



Gloris #14 Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19748 battles
  • 1,690
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011

Lol

The whole video sounds like "TDs suck in team battle, just use Is-3s and autoloaders, who needs diversity"

Brilliant, just brilliant



mrtvimarijan #15 Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36809 battles
  • 898
  • [PXA] PXA
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
 

View PostGloris, on 21 March 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

Lol

The whole video sounds like "TDs suck in team battle, just use Is-3s and autoloaders, who needs diversity"

Brilliant, just brilliant

 

With addition of reduced number of maps you get a really boring battle mod. Battle tactics are almost the same on every map, and its just one big repetition. Reduced maps, reduced tactics and reduced usefull tanks = boring gameplay.

 



Luxins #16 Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12975 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

View PostLordGecko, on 20 March 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

no REAL review of Ferdi?? :facepalm: you do not think snipers have their place in team battles? what about the camo factor of the TDs? If all team battle teams used no arty or TDs the ones with TDs may have a good advantage. There is something such as covering an advance from behind you know....

no... just no... 



darkfang77 #17 Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31246 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostLuxins, on 21 March 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

no... just no... 

 

7/42 just doesn't allow you to have that kind of scope... especially when other tanks can just about do that.



Dorjan #18 Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9600 battles
  • 257
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

The premise behind Science of victory's first season is this: "BASIC advice aimed at NEW PLAYERS to Team Battles to help them get good results and have fun doing it".

 

The video series promotes aggressive behaviour as anyone can camp and beat an inexperienced team.  It takes no skill to wait for your enemy to get bored and shoot them from A-1, and if they do the same, it's a draw... woo.

 

So the first few videos are going through the tanks explaining why the pro's use or do not use these tanks.  If you're already pro, and you know exactly what you're doing you can use any tank.   This is said quite often throughout the series.

 

Also; this video in particular doesn't even say all TDs are bad or useless, but rather that the use of TDs in your lineups will cause you to limit yourself to only a certain set of options; usually very defensive.  Which, I'll stress again, the video series is trying to discourage.


If you know how to use the tank better, use it!  "I know some of you will disagree and therefore you'll likely see these TDs in Team Battles" That's exactly WHY the the weak-spots of all the TDs are given in this video (yes the AC 48 was done incorrectly, against my advice I'll have you know, it was miscommunication between the video producer and the research team).

 

Also the video says "Although they might be fast, they barely do more than the IS-3" doesn't mean you should take an IS-3 instead of the TDs... the next line is the true reason "... so not enough to exchange it for a tank with a turret!" .  It's not the IS-3 it's telling you to not replace, it's any turreted vehicle.  Maybe the next episode should be titled: "Why a turret is so valuable." if it will help?

 

Please, instead of getting angry, re-watch the series again with the mindset outlined above and I'm sure you'll agree with it this time around.

 

Regarding team battles being a bad mode because you can't use any tank all the time:

 

In racing, would you use Wet Tires on dry?  Would you use inferior tires that road cars use?  Would you drive an Kia when you could drive a Ferrari?  It's what happens in competitions.  The ones that have extremes qualities or are really finely balanced are used over the others!  It's a natural progression of competitions as each tank has a ROLE TO FULFIL and thus need the extreme qualities to achieve that.

 

When the Indian Panzer was released, the pro's said "It's not a bad tank, just nothing special." because nothing it does it does better than other tanks that are already in use for team battles.  Doesn't mean you can't take it, just that for the role that teams need a tank LIKE the Indian, they would rather have, say, a T69!

 

I really hope the above helps a little to calm your nerves and understand the real point of the videos.

 

Have fun on the battlefield!


Edited by Dorjan, 24 March 2014 - 12:24 PM.


miragawa #19 Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1295 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
So every TD is usless and there is no point researching them? Ok :smile:

Schmeksiman #20 Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postmiragawa, on 26 March 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

So every TD is usless and there is no point researching them? Ok :smile:

 

Did you by any chance read what is written above? :sceptic:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users