Girlz shooting tenks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

GolDragon2 #1 Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles

I've met a few hundred women in my short life (21), in a country that is backwards by western standards, but fares much better than the majority of the world (Hungary), and a fair number of them abroad, and now here in England. Obviously, most of them I didn't know well, but I'm quite good at picking up people who have something out-of-the-ordinary going on for them.

And I've never ever met one who was interested in modern military stuff. Okay, my assistant manager at my first London job was a funny one, but she's just one of the god-knows-how-many-hundreds. 

I've met a few who were interested in cold warfare (swords and stuff), I even fought women in my Roman gladiator group.

But one who is interested in da steel beasts we drive here? Nnope. I once gave a long presentation about WWII warfare on our History class, and when I was talking about armored vehicles most of them gave me weird looks, and I could see the word: ,"Creepy" being processed in their brain.

A girl who plays violent computer games is already a rarity from my POV (again, I know they exist, I just haven't met many). 

What I'm getting at: I find it interesting that we have a female player base.
I had a match on Lakeville where somebody messaged the match saying: ,,Anyone wants to do a platoon with a nice girl like me?". And I found myself not believing her. Perhaps because her tone was strange, if you are a girl, why would you shout that into the chat? She camped our base with her Panther but..whatever, guys do that to.
But the idea that the person behind that batchat who just circle-of-deathed me might has a womb blows my mind. Call me backwards, but my experience is, chicks just don't dig shooting, especially not shooting with tanks.

Now, I have to say, it's my experience, not my expectations or views (I'm trying very hard to dodge negreps). If a girl wants to blast some tonks, it's perfectly fine by me, but I'm still surprised she wants to!

Do we have any data about our gender percentages? My guess would be 5-10%, and anything above 20% will probably blow my mind. Are there any tankergirls who might want to share why they decided to hop into their metal monsters and start shooting guys dead? Is there an all-female clan out there by any chance?

Also, an interesting one: I've noticed that lot's of girls who got into a hobby that's related to combat did so after finding a boyfriend who were, and after breaking up she suddenly "lost" interest. I'm not saying she was faking it, quite the opposite, and that makes it more interesting! She really was enthusiastic about learning that parry or that stance, but once she dropped her dude she suddenly lost...interest. Again, not a view, experience, please don't shoot your anti-sexist guns at me.
So if any of you girls got into wot via a boyfriend, that would be interesting for me.

GemmaLou #2 Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles
my bf got me to start playing :)

CuteGargoyle #3 Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17983 battles

When our family moved back to Britain from the USA our house wasn't quite ready.

We have a very large family and my room is a garage conversion with on suite bathroom. It was mostly still a garage when we moved back.

So I got shipped out to live at my uncle Joe's house until the work was done. (He was still in the UK Military at the time.)

I had left all my friends in the US and was (still am) finding it hard to fit in at my new British school. After school clubs here are either non existent or not part of the school. I don't like school in England. I used to love going to school in the US it was a home from home.

So after a few weeks my uncle made me an account on WoT just to give me something to do after school. (Desperate I think..)

I had never played online games before and my dad wasn't exactly pleased. Hey Ho.

I have learned that it is actually OK or possibly even slightly cool to be a gamer girl.

Who showed me this?  One name.

Felicia Day.      Who is truly awesome.

If you don't know who she is go watch all 6 seasons of The Guild  http://www.watchtheguild.com

Or watch the associated music vid  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Despite some brief journeys into Azeroth I have played WoT since then.

But not for too much longer.

I'm going to college back in the US in the fall. (Yay \o/ )

I have been training my little brother to take over my account. He's pretty good.

Edited by CuteGargoyle, 21 March 2014 - 10:06 AM.

John_Preston #4 Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

Gamer girls are cool indeed, just hard to find them. My ex-gf was playing WoT too, but i guess it was only because of me.

I think girls don't really like shooters, but you can find plenty of them in mmorpgs.

Andreas2202 #5 Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 459 battles
Girls are girls and boys are boys. They have plenty of differences.

GolDragon2 #6 Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles

View PostAndreas2202, on 21 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yyyup, but lot's of people are against that view.

Yag0 #7 Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

Ahh jeez.

I was gonna' take the p!ss, but I see that would spoil the picnic to say the least.

Girls play games, boys play games, old farts play fames, people play games, primates play games...

The list goes on, part of our animal condition I suppose.

Ha, I posted without being a condescending, cynical, tw4t, so there YaGo :tongue:

Edited by Yag0, 22 March 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Krogenator #8 Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAndreas2202, on 21 March 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Well you are partially right.Girls will tend to be girly,but never put all your eggs in one basket. And boys will tend to be boys,again basket. But take a second to think "Do we act like this because we want to or because society tells us to?". Lets take 300 BC, it was normal for all men of status to have a wife to have children and clean the house,then a younger male partner to do the nasty's with and generally do the role as boyfriend. So back then it was normal for boys to flirt with older richer men,meaning back then "boys are boys" could be uttered if a guy flirted with a other guy.Do you see that today? so "boys are boys" counts for the general standard of boys for this period of time and I kinda lost where I was going with this as I started dreaming myself away...nvm

The thing is,most girls will be to scared of not being normal to do what they want or at least stay inside a acceptable level of normal when doing what they want.Same goes for boys.

But the level stuff is being accepted now a days means more people are being less "normal" and going for what they want,which is why you see so many bronies and transgenders and all sorts of "strange" people now a day,stuff is getting more and more acceptable so people will be more comfortable doing what they want to do.

View PostYag0, on 22 March 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Ha, I posted without being a condescending, cynical, tw4t, so there YaGo :tongue:

Good for you,have a cookie

As for girls playing tanks....I don't know if it counts but I know 2 people born as boys that want to/have started to change gender.

But I bet you there are girls out there that would love to play WoT.My sister used to love playing Warcraft2 and Starcraft,those are not considered "normal" for girls to play but I bet you there are more people like that out there.

Malleted11 #9 Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13899 battles
I see the WoT dating agency/bleeding hearts are out in force! & school is crap in the UK, because everybody just wants to fill each other in, it became too feminised, (lost it's balance) the respect has gone, along with all the youthclubs etc (Government cuts, Maggie took our milk)

Edited by Malleted11, 22 March 2014 - 11:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users