• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

SnowRelic #1 Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For the TL;DR-crowd:

My previous topic about my experiences with the Panther in historical battles on the test server left me with a slight sense of incompleteness.

The missing ingredient: the replay.

I tried uploading it to wotreplays but it generates an "invalid file format" error. Other historical and 9.0 test server replays upload fine, so the problem's on my end.

Next thing I tried was nVidia's ShadowPlay, software that runs in the background and can be used to record gameplay. The resulting video was very stuttery towards the end. In contrast, watching it in WorldOfTanks.exe felt a lot smoother.

Then I considered that I hadn't tried ShadowPlay at on a working replay (trying out the tier 4 Luchs). This time most things went pretty well except for some slight hiccups. Turns out ShadowPlay's a part of the GeForce Experience software and that had produced numerous error messages of the "fatal exception-must close the program" variety. I clicked all of them away and the software kept running, no problem. Typical beta software. I assume the hiccups are related to those errors. Uploaded it to see what youtube video was like anyways.

I talked a bit video capture hardware with some friends and colleagues of mine and decided to get a Roxio HD (mostly it's cheap and it includes software). Will experiment a bit with it in the next few weeks. I mostly intend to use it for professional purposes rather than uploading WoT-replays to youtube, but I figure it's nice that I can also throw some friends a link and show them what I spend my free time on.

Anyone else been playing around with recording software/hardware lately?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users