Jump to content


9.0 - Armor of Maus will be changed


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

ARES_IV #1 Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15621 battles
  • 1,753
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013

Source: FTR - http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/03/27/9-0-test-new-armor-models/

 

Pictures:

 

CURRENT:

 

200mm front (those violet stripes are 200+80mm armor), 105mm sideskirts, 25mm tracks, 185mm upper side armor, 105 and 50mm hull roof, 60mm “shields”, 240+30mm mantlet (blue zone is 160mm), 240mm turret front, 210mm turret sides, 65mm turret roof

 

 

 

NEW:

 

 

As you can see, very little has changed. All the roofs (hull and turret) lost 5mm of armor”, the blue area around the mantlet disappeared and the entire mantlet is now 240mm thick (with no armor behind it), the gun ring is 150mm thick.

 

 

My opinion:

 

5mm of roof armor seem rather unimportant, however one has to ask why WG thinks the Maus needs to be more vulnerable to artillery.

 

The mantlet however.... what the hell was WG thinking?

 

 

Your opinion?



Jean_Bart #2 Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9185 battles
  • 435
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

An already useless tank being nerfed and as a matter of fact it is a german tank - what a coincidence :trollface:!

I only wonder why i am not surprised by such kind of "coincidences" :sceptic:!



A_Hardy_Buck #3 Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 4220 battles
  • 2,286
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013

View PostJean_Bart, on 31 March 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

An already useless tank being nerfed and as a matter of fact it is a german tank - what a coincidence :trollface:!

I only wonder why i am not surprised by such kind of "coincidences" :sceptic:!

 

 

Omg why is this German tanks are under powered crap still going on

 

E-50m , best solo pub stomp tank

E-100 best side scrape tank

VK72 , best tank for invoking the jelly

Leo , hellcat of T10

WTF-E100 , broken



Iron_Funeral #4 Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33938 battles
  • 1,017
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 31 March 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

 

 

Omg why is this German tanks are under powered crap still going on

 

E-50m , best solo pub stomp tank

E-100 best side scrape tank

VK72 , best tank for invoking the jelly

Leo , hellcat of T10

WTF-E100 , broken

Have you been at the British vehicles subforum lately? The real gems are hidden there in "UP tanks" and "Soviet bias" posts :teethhappy: 


Edited by Iron_Funeral, 31 March 2014 - 07:35 PM.


ManePaleon #5 Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35212 battles
  • 1,047
  • [52BGN] 52BGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011
Yeah I agree, but why they nerfed the Maus? I mean dos anybody think the Maus is be to strong? 

7049 #6 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 155 battles
  • 1,495
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 31 March 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

 

 

Omg why is this German tanks are under powered crap still going on

 

E-50m , best solo pub stomp tank

E-100 best side scrape tank

VK72 , best tank for invoking the jelly

Leo , hellcat of T10

WTF-E100 , broken

 

E-50M best tank. You are funny.



Zarax999 #7 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,239
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
Maybe the nerfs will finally make the tank tier IX material and WG will introduce the mighty Maus II, armed with the long 128.

PeeTank #8 Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11963 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011
Can not understand this nerf.

CrazyDawid #9 Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20021 battles
  • 1,072
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011
@up
Same here :sceptic:

izroda #10 Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles
  • 869
  • Member since:
    07-24-2010

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 31 March 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Leo , hellcat of T10

 

YEAH :teethhappy: Right! More like Swiss Cheese of T10.



Kredes33 #11 Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39520 battles
  • 1,184
  • [WIDMA] WIDMA
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 31 March 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

E-100 best side scrape tank

Leo , hellcat of T10

Leo isn't T10 Hellcat. Hellcat has great camo on its tier, great gun - can kill all tanks on 6 tier with 4 rounds, and very strong mantlet.

Maybe E-100 can do good angling, but turret is rather weak and huge.



Ascender #12 Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21985 battles
  • 2,592
  • [EFE] EFE
  • Member since:
    12-03-2010

As i said in the Maus topic, going from 240+30 to 240 shouldn't make much difference, besides the fact that i don't experience it as 240 (it barely ever gets penned even on the current spaced armor part) you are required to rotate your turret to make it effective anyway, your turret cheeks will ALWAYS be weaker than your mantlet and if your mantlet is somehow exposed in the new situation your turret cheeks will ALSO be (and are larger too) so it won't effectively change much in how it functions.

 

The various roof armors....  i have never been penned by arty HE, ever. Once i had a GW T do over 1k dmg on me with HE (even though super heavy spall liner + Maus) which was unusual, but i don't think this will effectively change much in that regard. The Maus is still tall enough to not have someone overmatch it or even be able to hit it in straight-up fights (though this would be worth checking out for the taller tanks such as E-100, JP E-100 and other Mauses), a shottrap would penetrate either way so it won't change much in that regard as well.

 

Realisticly i do not think ANYTHING will change when you're actually fighting with or against this tank.



ARES_IV #13 Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15621 battles
  • 1,753
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013

View PostAscender, on 02 April 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

As i said in the Maus topic, going from 240+30 to 240 shouldn't make much difference, besides the fact that i don't experience it as 240 (it barely ever gets penned even on the current spaced armor part) you are required to rotate your turret to make it effective anyway, your turret cheeks will ALWAYS be weaker than your mantlet and if your mantlet is somehow exposed in the new situation your turret cheeks will ALSO be (and are larger too) so it won't effectively change much in how it functions.

 

The various roof armors....  i have never been penned by arty HE, ever. Once i had a GW T do over 1k dmg on me with HE (even though super heavy spall liner + Maus) which was unusual, but i don't think this will effectively change much in that regard. The Maus is still tall enough to not have someone overmatch it or even be able to hit it in straight-up fights (though this would be worth checking out for the taller tanks such as E-100, JP E-100 and other Mauses), a shottrap would penetrate either way so it won't change much in that regard as well.

 

Realisticly i do not think ANYTHING will change when you're actually fighting with or against this tank.

 

You are not correct.

 

The mantle was 240mm before.... and the turret behind was 240mm, too.

 

So you had an area, where you had 480mm of effective armor.... meaning that shots that MISSED the turret cheeks had a large chance to hit the gun area and bounce.

 

While you can shot a maus into the gun mantlet, the current size makes it very very difficult to do so.

 

In the future however, shots that have missed the turret cheeks will have a very good chance of penetrating the gun mantlet, because now there is no 240mm hull behind the majority of it.

 

 

Nerfing Maus is just plain stupid.... it is one of the weakest Tier X verhicles already.



MetalManiac69 #14 Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23425 battles
  • 1,385
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

I have to agree that removing armor behind the mantle is plain stupid. anything at T10 can pen the turret cheeks on Maus, and this way it will be even easier to pen it from longer range.

 

View Post7049, on 01 April 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

E-50M best tank. You are funny.

no, you're funny. believe what you want, but E50M can kill  any other tank at any range, without losing more than half of HP (given that enemies aren't shooting gold at it). how, that's yours to find out, but it's actually quite easy. I tested every single T10 tank on the TS, and E50M is definitely the best solo tank for random battles, no question about it.


Edited by MetalManiac69, 02 April 2014 - 06:52 PM.


A_Hardy_Buck #15 Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 4220 battles
  • 2,286
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013

View Post7049, on 01 April 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

E-50M best tank. You are funny.

 

In this thread , baddies being bad 

Charcharo #16 Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 31375 battles
  • 1,414
  • Member since:
    09-16-2010
I dont know why they nerf its mantlet. Seems ilogical, and I am against it 100%. The turret armour nerf, I think should not happen either, but its minor stuff :P

 

Ascender #17 Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21985 battles
  • 2,592
  • [EFE] EFE
  • Member since:
    12-03-2010

View PostARES_IV, on 02 April 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

 

You are not correct.

 

The mantle was 240mm before.... and the turret behind was 240mm, too.

 

So you had an area, where you had 480mm of effective armor.... meaning that shots that MISSED the turret cheeks had a large chance to hit the gun area and bounce.

 

While you can shot a maus into the gun mantlet, the current size makes it very very difficult to do so.

 

In the future however, shots that have missed the turret cheeks will have a very good chance of penetrating the gun mantlet, because now there is no 240mm hull behind the majority of it.

 

 

Nerfing Maus is just plain stupid.... it is one of the weakest Tier X verhicles already.

 

Well that's what i get for taking FTR information for granted then, i always thought it was 240+240 or something along those lines as well. I'm...  skeptical, if it becomes just a plate of 240mm, but again angling the turret should probably still prove sufficient, but it's a pretty stab in the back for what i was in recent months able to concider my favourite vehicle in WoT again. It started off as my favourite until the gigantic nerfs that were T10 MTs and T10 TDs (with 220 front turret armor, r u kidding meh! that's VK45B stock turret stuff), came back with hitpoints + armor + normalisation, and now...  well, we'll see, but if mantlet proves to be as weak as the front turret (not counting the weird angels round the guns etcetera) it may prove to be an issue.

 

Be kind WG, give it another 500 hitpoints or so to compensate then atleast ;)



Zarax999 #18 Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10117 battles
  • 3,239
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
To make things worse, WG ATM is excluding any chance of bringing Maus II to the game.

ollonborre #19 Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17004 battles
  • 2,266
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
Nerfing the already bad turret front, I could not care less. If you know where to aim the turret is not going to protect you if you also want to shoot back.

Rokim #20 Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29214 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    03-04-2012
Little offtopic,I dont belive russian medium tank with 35-37 tons had same turret armour as Maus witch turret alone was 80tons.Something not right here,Rofl




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users