Rumours, text based WOT soon to be launched!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Smirre_ #1 Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 31151 battles
  • [S-TG] S-TG

Now we proudly present a text based game that reminds us of a golden age in computer gaming.

Sneak preview, enjoy!

Choose side
1 – US
2 – Germany
3 – USSR
4 – UK
US selected

Press enter to start

Greetings Commander, welcome to your new assignment. A brand new Hellcat is waiting for your command. Now go out and kill some foes!

You are at your base, in the north the Germans camping in the forest, in the south there are rumors about a Japanese blitz & in the east Russians are on the move.

Go west

You bravely hunt for Red October and drowns!

Try again? Y

You are at your base, in the north the Germans camping in the forest, in the south there are rumors about a Japanese blitz & in the east Russians are on the move.

Go north

Covered by the Schwarzwald forest you plan your next move. Go north and you go head to head with the enemy, go west and flank them, go east and join the Russian strike force, go south as the chicken you are.

Go west

Covered by windmills & tulips you spot the enemy camping at the water resort. First shot… missed! second shot… some splash damage on the fearless Tiger. Your move commander!

1 load gold (4)
2 load he (10)
3 load ap (10)

Loaded with gold you aim carefully, the shot penetrates the Tigers hull and….
…. it explodes! Congratulation to your first kill commander!

In the north the Germans now waiting for you, in the east the Russians are on the move. West? Don’t even think about it! South? No time for surrender…

Go east

The Russians wants to ally with you, suspiciously you deliberate your options…

1 – Of course I need an Ally
2 – I don’t trust them and friendly declines

Trust is an issue, you leave the Russians and see them leave for an assault on the Germans in the north.

Next move commander!

Draw back to the west and heal yourself, follow the Russians to the north, aim for the Japs in the south or continue your quest in the east.

Go north

You sneaky bastard! Following the Russians to the north you pinpoint the German defense. The Russians attacking with their superior IS-7, he bravely attacks.  It start to rain big shells from the German defense line, the IS-7 is crippled but succeed to damage the Waffenträgers cannon

Commander! Now have your chance!

1 IS-7
2 Waffenträger

Targeting Waffenträger

1 load gold (3)
2 load he (10)
3 load ap (10)

The wallet warrior in you has no reason to change ammo, aiming carefully at the defenseless German, the outcome is obvious, and it’s a kill! The crew of the IS-7 salutes you and gratefully thanks you for the support given. Still loaded with gold you plot for your next move.

The Hellcats turret turns, now aiming at the IS-7, he’s crippled, time to choose your colors.

1 Team up, there are still Germans out there and the IS-7 is heavy metal, good to have in any platoon.
2 What the hell! Kill the Russian…

BOOOM! You trigger happy kill stealer! You blew up the Russian with no regrets! Reino Lehväslaiho is proud over you. No enemies are too big or fearful for you.

Episod 1 finnished

Edited by Smirre_, 01 April 2014 - 07:09 AM.

s1oan #2 Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 44606 battles
  • [250H3] 250H3

At last a game for my old vt100 terminal! :tongue:

Lord_Percy_Percy #3 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14534 battles
i remember playing Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy as a text game, on a BBC Micro back in the eighties. There was also a Dungeons and Dragons style one ,but I forget the name......

Baldrickk #4 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Posts1oan, on 01 April 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

At last a game for my old vt100 terminal! :tongue:

Your avatar matches this post so well...

satarica #5 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 74633 battles
  • [CT] CT

what if something like this happen

after u chosed side u want to go u recieve next msg

"bcs of huge lag you drove your tank into the lake and your crew drowned"

press "y" if u want to play again...

REDdemidry #6 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50 battles

>Go battle

>going into battle queue

>Choosing your 24 camping TD opponents

>wait useless 1...2...3...4...  ...28...29...30 seconds

>Battle. What do you choose? A for left positional attack without support against premium shell spamming enemy, D for camping on right hand side hill, W for useless scout against camo camping TDs, S for camping behind arty and being generally useless to your self, the game, to other players and humanity in general.

>A

>You died from an enemy you didn't see nor scratched and who gold shelled you into oblivion trough front armor. esc for going back to garage and roll the meat grinder again or esc-down arrow-enter for leaving the game and be able to uninstall.

>_

Edited by REDdemidry, 01 April 2014 - 12:20 PM.

ChipFlexesTT #7 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9645 battles
  • [S-TG] S-TG

@W3$0M3

ChipFlexesTT #8 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9645 battles
  • [S-TG] S-TG

View PostREDdemidry, on 01 April 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

>Go battle

>going into battle queue

>Choosing your 24 camping TD opponents

>wait useless 1...2...3...4...  ...28...29...30 seconds

>Battle. What do you choose? A for left positional attack without support against premium shell spamming enemy, D for camping on right hand side hill, W for useless scout against camo camping TDs, S for camping behind arty and being generally useless to your self, the game, to other players and humanity in general.

>A

>You died from an enemy you didn't see nor scratched and who gold shelled you into oblivion trough front armor. esc for going back to garage and roll the meat grinder again or esc-down arrow-enter for leaving the game and be able to uninstall.

>_

Nice one.

+ 1

Edited by teamtanks, 01 April 2014 - 12:27 PM.

Wolfesblut #9 Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17283 battles
  • [READ] READ

Man, I'd so play this. Should work on a Kindle (or similar) too..

Maybe WG can come to help and develop this? :smile:

Edited by Wolfesblut, 01 April 2014 - 05:14 PM.

sword_of_Damocles #10 Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60859 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
+1 for bringing up memories

Smirre_ #11 Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 31151 battles
  • [S-TG] S-TG

View PostWolfesblut, on 01 April 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Man, I'd so play this. Should work on a Kindle (or similar) too..

Maybe WG can come to help and develop this? :smile:

Hope so! Time to learn programmers to use good old "basic", so we can play it on our "supercomputers" ;)

Yag0 #12 Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

View PostLord_Percy_Percy, on 01 April 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

i remember playing Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy as a text game, on a BBC Micro back in the eighties. There was also a Dungeons and Dragons style one ,but I forget the name......

Took me about a week just to get the babelfish!

"Disappeared down a drain"

TerpsyX #13 Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 77790 battles

I can still remember some folks playing that "dungeons and dragons" game at my college's computer lab, as I was trying to finish some paper or homework! hahahaha.... made an impression those days (1991).... At the time I liked Civilization I, had no clue how those guys use to play that game, didnt know how a pc worked, or any programming and internet was still something only in the imagination of most of the people. And look at us now... 

Somehow I dont miss those games tho... They were good for those days, yes. Now Wot is just fine I think. I miss the ladies I used to date in college, yeah! Gimme some of those girls back anytime! Not the pcs or the pc games we used to have. The photos of the terminal are just about enough memorabilia for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users