Jump to content


BMP 1 Prototype


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

boomboom517 #1 Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4027 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

What do people think of the BMP1 as a tier 8-10 light tank.

And before people complain about the missiles they can be ignored.



Banelord300 #2 Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17540 battles
  • 2,102
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

View Postboomboom517, on 02 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

What do people think of the BMP1 as a tier 8-10 light tank.

And before people complain about the missiles they can be ignored.

Its not a light tank its a IFV.



anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #3 Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018

It fires rockets and missiles.

Not a viable tank.

 

 

Plus all the crying by the drivers: "Why does the gun lag" (hint: it fires RPG's, which need 20m stand-off distance for their rocket engine to ignite...)

And the opponents "ZOMG, gold noob!!!!"  (it only fires H.E.A.T. shells and H.E.)

 

Spoiler

 



boomboom517 #4 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4027 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View PostCostarring, on 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

It fires rockets and missiles.

Not a viable tank.

 

 

Plus all the crying by the drivers: "Why does the gun lag" (hint: it fires RPG's, which need 20m stand-off distance for their rocket engine to ignite...)

And the opponents "ZOMG, gold noob!!!!"  (it only fires H.E.A.T. shells and H.E.)

 

Spoiler

 

 

The Missiles can be ignored like smoke launchers. Also it has a 50mm cannon or the production model has one at least. I don't know what other guns were considered during prototype stage.



samphilconlor #5 Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14597 battles
  • 429
  • [-UTC-] -UTC-
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011

It's possible 65kph with a 73mm autoloading gun:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

 

Not sure I'd want on but it would be an option and we have 1960's tanks in game already, my money would be on the WZ-132 tearing it a new one each and every time though....



Gvozdika #6 Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38171 battles
  • 550
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

The BMP's GROM main gun is a smoothbore; so would probably not be allowed into WoT on that basis alone. Even if you gave it AP rounds as default (the real thing fires some form of HEAT as it's main AT munition) - historically it was a low-velocity weapon; only really meant to tackle 'soft targets' such as enemy IFVs or APCs. I think the main AT capability of the BMP family only really came with the roof-mounted ATGMs like the Sagger - again way out of WoT's timeframe. 


The armoured protection is also only resistant up to ZSU auto-cannon fire or less. After all; it's role was to ferry the infantry around - not going head-to-head with NATO MBTs. In the wacky world of WoT with T10 TDs and Auto-loaders - a BMP wouldn't last long....

:smile:

 

 

 

 

 

 



anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #7 Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018

View PostGvozdika, on 15 April 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

The BMP's GROM main gun is a smoothbore; so would probably not be allowed into WoT on that basis alone. Even if you gave it AP rounds as default (the real thing fires some form of HEAT as it's main AT munition) - historically it was a low-velocity weapon; only really meant to tackle 'soft targets' such as enemy IFVs or APCs. I think the main AT capability of the BMP family only really came with the roof-mounted ATGMs like the Sagger - again way out of WoT's timeframe. 


The armoured protection is also only resistant up to ZSU auto-cannon fire or less. After all; it's role was to ferry the infantry around - not going head-to-head with NATO MBTs. In the wacky world of WoT with T10 TDs and Auto-loaders - a BMP wouldn't last long....

:smile:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like I said, it fires Rocket Propelled Grenades (which is a HEAT round, you are right about that).

 

Rocket propelled, rocket propelled..... (echo's in the distance: rocket propelled...)


Edited by Costarring, 16 April 2014 - 08:15 AM.


boomboom517 #8 Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4027 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View Postsamphilconlor, on 15 April 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

It's possible 65kph with a 73mm autoloading gun:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

 

Not sure I'd want on but it would be an option and we have 1960's tanks in game already, my money would be on the WZ-132 tearing it a new one each and every time though....

 

Think of it as a T8 scout and give it good camo and view range for passive scouting.

 

View PostGvozdika, on 15 April 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

The BMP's GROM main gun is a smoothbore; so would probably not be allowed into WoT on that basis alone. Even if you gave it AP rounds as default (the real thing fires some form of HEAT as it's main AT munition) - historically it was a low-velocity weapon; only really meant to tackle 'soft targets' such as enemy IFVs or APCs. I think the main AT capability of the BMP family only really came with the roof-mounted ATGMs like the Sagger - again way out of WoT's timeframe. 


The armoured protection is also only resistant up to ZSU auto-cannon fire or less. After all; it's role was to ferry the infantry around - not going head-to-head with NATO MBTs. In the wacky world of WoT with T10 TDs and Auto-loaders - a BMP wouldn't last long....

:smile:

 

The only difference between smooth bore and rifled guns is smooth bore has higher muzzle velocity and less accuracy. As to dealing damage and taking it as i said i'm thinking as a scout so it's only really meant to spot/kill arty.

 

After some consideration here is my where on the tree proposal.

T2=T26

T3=T46

T4=T50

T5=T50-2

T6=MT25

T7=BMP1 Prototype

T8= Medium tree

Opinions

 


Edited by boomboom517, 03 June 2014 - 09:43 AM.


boomboom517 #9 Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4027 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

In light of the fixing of MT25 the above post has been changed

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users