Some WoT Community Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

PyrokineticSock #1 Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4521 battles

Hello everyone,

As part of a project I am looking at the development of online gaming communities and their possible evolution into offline communities. The study will compare participants' anecdotes and experiences to form an image of how the community may have developed, and how new offline social communities may be developing.

There are only two main questions, with some sub-categories within, so hopefully this will not take up too much of your time.

As a formality, here are a few things that would help me greatly if you follow;

- Please be aware that anything that is posted is public and as such, please do not post any personal information, such as real names of yourselves or your friends.

- Please refrain from swearing.

- This is not a complaint thread for this game, I understand a lot of people may have bad experiences and feel free to post them if they are relevant, but please if you have some nice, relevant, anecdotes those are more than welcome.

- Please keep your answers relatively short and concise, not necessarily one word, but not an essay either please.

- If you no longer wish to have your response to partake in the study, feel free to delete it.

The questions

1. How long have you been part of the World of Tanks online game, and what has your experience been like?

- How did you join the World of Tanks online game?

- What do you think is the best thing about the World of Tanks online community?

- What would you say is the worst thing?

- How would you compare the World of Tanks community to that of another game?

2. Have you met anyone you would now consider a friend while playing World of Tanks?

- Have you met someone who you met in World of Tanks in real life? Are you considering doing so? What are your thoughts on this topic?

- How would you compare your online gaming friends to friends who you keep in contact with on social network sites?

_Antipathy #2 Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostPyrokineticSock, on 08 April 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

1. How long have you been part of the World of Tanks online game, and what has your experience been like?

- How did you join the World of Tanks online game? I copied my brother who played it.

- What do you think is the best thing about the World of Tanks online community? Some great guys...

- What would you say is the worst thing? There's always people who say really stupid things :(

- How would you compare the World of Tanks community to that of another game? Much more active and open.

2. Have you met anyone you would now consider a friend while playing World of Tanks? For sure ;)

- Have you met someone who you met in World of Tanks in real life? Nope.

-Are you considering doing so? Why not?

-What are your thoughts on this topic? Interesting survey, we should have more of these :D

- How would you compare your online gaming friends to friends who you keep in contact with on social network sites? I don't use these kind of sites (just a bunch of gmails), sorry :/

soolerman #3 Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

Please elaborate on the project.

What is you involvement in the project?

What is are the aims and objectives of the project?

Are the results and conclusions of the information provided by us going to be published? If so where and in what form?

Lastly why have you picked the wot community as a study group? What is it about this forum that you feel is relevant to your project?

Note I am not trying to be snotty but your questions seem a little off and not very focused. More of a punt that a enquiry with a purposeful element to it.

PyrokineticSock #4 Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4521 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 09 April 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Please elaborate on the project.

What is you involvement in the project?

What is are the aims and objectives of the project?

Are the results and conclusions of the information provided by us going to be published? If so where and in what form?

Lastly why have you picked the wot community as a study group? What is it about this forum that you feel is relevant to your project?

Note I am not trying to be snotty but your questions seem a little off and not very focused. More of a punt that a enquiry with a purposeful element to it.

Apologies for the delayed reply, as a student I have had a fair amount of work to do and as such I have not had much time to come back to these questions until now, but I shall now elaborate for you.

This project is my dissertation project and it is looking at the development of communities (both online and offline) through online gaming.

As for the results and conclusions there is a chance that they will be published in an academic journal, however that is unlikely (in the event of the results being published a link will be placed here for participants to read).

As for why I chose world of tanks, I was actually looking at multiple free to play games that have active real world events (as demonstrated by Wargamings community event days and the WGL)

As for my questions seeming unfocused (understandably, considering that they are two almost completely different topics), I hope that the elaboration that the project looking at both online and offline communities highlights the connection between them.

I hope this answers your questions, and again I'm sorry I took my time getting back to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users