Video: Developer Diaries - Game Modes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Find out what’s in store for World of Tanks with our Developer Diaries video series!

Full news text

Bymbyris #2 Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25058 battles
FIX LAGS first please, cause now it's just totally unplayable. Then introduce new mods. Thanks in advance.

Murphy1up #3 Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11069 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

Fortifications?

zerosumgame #4 Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45514 battles
  • [T-N-T] T-N-T

Had this been released April 1st, everyone would have thought that Fortifications were an april fools prank.:harp:

Nevertheless, sounds interesting.

Private_Bufu #5 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14718 battles

lol

/giggles

But yeah sounds cool, lots of interesting things ;)

HerrStefutz #6 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24480 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
I'm getting the feeling that I will not play Historical battles at all...I'm interested in the TB changes though...

Hatouya #7 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46648 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

iv seen my friend playing a game "Travian", it looks the same as fortification :sceptic: , it looks boring for me but maybe if we get enough bonus credit, gold or XP for it, it will look better...

otherwise garage battles will be nice...

Edited by Hatouya, 09 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.

altu26 #8 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27221 battles

View PostHatouya, on 09 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

iv seen my friend playing a game "Travian", it looks the same as fortification :sceptic: , it looks boring for me but maybe if we get enough bonus credit, gold or XP for it, it will look better...

otherwise garage battles will be nice...

It not the same cause you'll have to defend your fortifications in battle.

zveris #9 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14501 battles
it is cool modes, hope you wont be able to rain barrage on random battles thought..

Thunder_Jet #10 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16225 battles
Command & Conquer :- World Of Tanks : RPG Revenge :izmena: 

OgiTerminator #11 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44616 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
That is all nice..but..WILL YOU ,FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,MAKE MM LESS FRUSTRATING BY IMPLEMATING PLAYERS SUGGESTIONS ACCORDING THIS ISSUE???

CroPanzer #12 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19648 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS

Words cannot express the epicness of that game mode, can't wait for fortifications! :bush: 

Denial_of_God #13 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12291 battles
  • [WGSCS] WGSCS
And please, dear WG, do something about bots and troll platoons and lags. Historical battles and other modes look promising, but for once, concentrate one big patch on contemporary issues and then add some new stuff.

repapa #14 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3699 battles

Hope nobody gets angry at me for it.

I want to introduce a degree of scepticism regarding the possible changes shown in this particular video.

The concepts presented can lead to a great range of problems. The concepts are present in existing multiplayer games and therefore its quite easy to draw from experience.

Fortifications for the clan: If a clan is not able to progress and keep its members together it is very unlikely that this new game-feature will aid in this regard. Moreover giving more power and currency to clans only makes the game worse for people who want to enjoy the game outside of a clan. This leads to a few clans farming whatever resource is available, with micro-management or bots, and making the game unplayable for the rest because they get a increased disadvantage in the battles (worse tanks, no bonuses, no gold ammo).

The added value of the fortification mode also eludes me from other points of view actually. There is more than enough to do for a clan; organize and execute proper trainings, teaching new members, having more than enough fun/entretainment in company mode, training mode, the new team-fight mode.. Participate in clan-wars (with all the different zones)..discuss strategies, do the daily/weekly/monthly missions, work towards new tanks, create a webpage for the clan, etc. etc... Why add something more that will overall not improve the game?

Also creating new game-modes draws people from the availability pool. Team-fight mode quite ruined the company mode already. And now there is historical battles comming on top.. And wait.. fortification mode also? Sounds bad.. Oh, I am forgetting.. on top "garb, em garage mode. This will thin out people available for matches too much! Very bad.

We all appreciate the upgraded graphics, nice maps, ocassionaly new tanks.. Even the 'historical battles' may be interesting for a change, although possibly not really adding that much value. Right now I feel better if the rest is skipped, simply put ad acta. Forgotten.

Goaheadandshootme #15 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13946 battles

Brilliant, clan players didn't have enough advantages with the ability to win gold and exclusive rewards during clan campaigns and (more recently) exclusive missions for clan players.

No - let's give them even more advantages by adding another element that gives bonuses regardless of battle mode :teethhappy:

IRSanchez #16 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49870 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Very interesting stuff. My thoughts:

1. (fortification mode) Not really sure how the fortification battles makes endgame more available to broader audience though.

2. (historical battles) The hitpoints reduciton on high tiers in HB mode is a good idea. Hope the respawning of low tiers wont lead to some silly gameplay with suiciders everywhere...

3. (garage battles) - making it T10 exclusive dosn't seem the way to go - that way, only WoT veterans would be able to participate... and in effect nobody would play it (lack of players).

I'm looking forward to more info on garage battles.

4 (team battles) They are really great for players, who can't/don't want to commit a lot, like it's required with CW when playing on decent level.

It's also much easier to organize 7 friends to have some nice, fast paced games, than getting 15 ppl like company mode.

TB feels like a perfect mix of casual/competitive gaming and I really like it :medal:

Edited by IRSanchez, 09 April 2014 - 12:52 PM.

_ramrus_ #17 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23831 battles
Clans are fighting on the global map for gold. What's the point of fortifications if they are not a source of gold income and have no effect on global map ?

Trail_Dust #18 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22428 battles

nice and part of it is close to this suggestion 

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

@ ramrus 

they are saying that you gonna have rewards on credits, xp and free xp, that is almost the benefits that gold gives you.

Edited by Yanis73, 09 April 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Britzz #19 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25490 battles

My thoughts:
-(garage battles) I do NOT like this gamemode: it makes me think of people wasting theyr tank when they shouldn't and with this implemented it would be impossible to advance properly along a route, because from the base there will always be someone progressing to catch up with the enemy providing support, as well on the allied side... I think the "value" of the single tank would be nullified or at least deminished by a lot.

-(Historical battles) I kind of like the changes and accept the fact the tanks will have a completely different "weight" in stats than in random battles, being this mode not organized in tiers, rather than in tanks by themselves. I also appreciate the respawn of light tanks and smaller tanks, BUT it must be implemented correctly: for example only spawn a definite numeber of times AND at defined times in the battle. This was made to prevent the lack of lower tiers in the HB, I do not want it to be a way of promoting sucide rushing.

-(fortifications) I'm looking forward to this, but I still do not get if an enemy clan could conquer a fortress which isn't theyrs. I get the fact that I must defend mine, but why should I defend it? what does a successful attack on my fortress mean? I also think the number of attacks per day on a fortress should be limited, this mode was made for clans that can not commit enough forces to be really competitive on the global map, do you think they would have the time and effort to provide 2-3 teams for 7-8 different battles in one evening? I guess not
-(team battles) Like it now, will wait for changes.

I also hope that this large amount of modes will not affect the presence of players in the queque for randoms, did you think about the large "splitting" you are provoking?

Alabamatick #20 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostHerrStefutz, on 09 April 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I'm getting the feeling that I will not play Historical battles at all...I'm interested in the TB changes though...

i'm quite the opposite, i'm looking forward to it even more, i hope they do the crew swapping feature:justwait:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users