214 replies to this topic

HanZi #201 Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39803 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostTinyViking, on 11 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Greetings everyone,

The last few months we have seen multiple threads and comments from players asking for a statement from the EU Community Team on “Game Modifications”. We've seen a lot of discussions about what’s good or bad, what should or shouldn't be allowed and mixed opinions regarding what is too much of an advantage. This has led to a lot of confusion and we would like to share some details regarding our stance in this. Firstly we would like to make clear the following point: 

This statement isn't about presenting a list of officially sanctioned specific mods – this statement is to give you an idea of our perception regarding what’s considered “Fair Play” in World of Tanks. 

There are various different mods that can be used to improve your gameplay by way of convenience and personalization. Examples of mods that would fall into this category would be mods that let you select a different shaped/colored cross-hairs, a different 6th sense symbol instead of the light bulb, or a different realistic and intense engine/gunfire sound changes. You might also for example choose to use a different camouflage skin for a specific tank, (only visible to you) use a different looking garage, or even have a different font for the main text. With or without these mods your gameplay isn't really affected. If you’re sitting next to someone with a default client, you don’t really have any advantage over them other than your UI looks a little different or the game sounds different.  

Mods that totally alter *how* you play the game, are the types of mods we would recommend players to reconsider and exercise caution when you think about using them. When you’re being fed information that is not normally available either from your own eyesight/field of vision, and are basically relying on your mods to dictate what you should do and when, that’s when things are going too far. If you’re sitting next to someone with a default client, you would clearly have an advantage over them as you’re getting game data they don’t have and you’re using that to decide what to do. Even if this information was estimates, it’s giving you too much detailed info that normally you’d never know. At that stage it’s less about you playing the game but more about you playing your mods and the game is a secondary factor.

Installing a mod and checking for what it does ultimately is your responsibility as a player. Improperly installed (or non-compatible) mods might cause your game to lag or crash. Some mods may data mine your PC for sensitive data and corrupt your system.  In short, if it the mod/addon is too influential and it changes your own gameplay we would recommend using common sense and uninstalling the mod/addon. 

Regards,
EU Community Team 

LOL, you know that eastern players, (not all, but majorety) gives a crap, and use all the MODs they can get, and you are doing crap about it. Coz they pay your bills.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wicked1 #202 Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39865 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

Soooo ... basically all mods are banned ??? because no one downloads mods to play this game if it isn't going to be an advantage ! no point ! - unless its the girly tankers and the coloured patterns on tanks.

- after playing this game for a few years now, for fun (note the word game), I can't believe how much the mods and stats monkeys complain about the use of gold, and the amount of tomato complaints and general slagging off before the battle even starts. 

In my opinion the game was better before the stat and mod mobs took over,  the game was more of a laugh ! Get rid of all mods and go vanilla you may like it lol ;)

Gremlin182 #203 Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38288 battles

When and where was this "Official Statement" made the op seems to be a players not a Wargaming Spokesperson if im wrong apologies but the post doesn't quote an original source.

WG could either allow any mod, ban all mods or go for something inbetween.

If they go for the third option they can either produce a list of banned/allowed mods or as they seem to be doing set out some basic guidelines and leave it to us.

I see a problem with this some players are bound to take this as they are free to use any mod so you will be meeting players in games that have an auto aim that can target specific locations, like tracks.

Others will have mods that show a lazer beam from every gun in the game, based on the colour you can tell where they are all aiming and what type of tank they are driving.

Or just simply X32 zoom instead of X8.

The knowledge that some players your fighting against might have these mods or others leads to paranoia when your shot and you think how the heck did he do that, must be a mod hacker cheater etc.

If it goes on you might start using them yourself to remain competitive, and that could lead to more players using them.

Question is can wargaming prevent these mods in fact can they even detect their use.

Zeus_31os #204 Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [YUG-1] YUG-1

[edited]

Please keep all posts on topic.

Edited by Neilloss46, 16 August 2015 - 06:13 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

koditzadispater #205 Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28904 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

For someone who bans you for "certain in-game actions" this post is crystal clear: don't use "some" mods.

grizly1973 #206 Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14487 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

Hello everyone,

If there is and WG stuff reading this please respond to me at this:

STURMTIGER - After the arty rebalancement why cant we have it as the only old-style arty (long reload, (VERY VERY VERY VERY) high alpha)? It could be an alternative T10 arty for the Germans and just think at what would it be:

-VERY VERY long reload time;

-VERY VERY expensive ammo;

-VERY VERY bad accuracy

-VERY VERY low shell velocity...

-VERY VERY big ammorack explosion if it is the case ;)

-VERY VERY easy to destroy the gun: Just shoot in the barrel...

BUT...:

-VERY VERY big splash radius...

-VERY VERY VERY VERY high alpha...

So, is my idea stupid or not... I really dont think that lots of people would want to play this credit-eater-thing-monster... Only for PRO's...

Gremlin182 #207 Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38288 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 09 September 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

If there is and WG stuff reading this please respond to me at this:

STURMTIGER - After the arty rebalancement why cant we have it as the only old-style arty (long reload, (VERY VERY VERY VERY) high alpha)? It could be an alternative T10 arty for the Germans and just think at what would it be:

-VERY VERY long reload time;

-VERY VERY expensive ammo;

-VERY VERY bad accuracy

-VERY VERY low shell velocity...

-VERY VERY big ammorack explosion if it is the case ;)

-VERY VERY easy to destroy the gun: Just shoot in the barrel...

BUT...:

-VERY VERY big splash radius...

-VERY VERY VERY VERY high alpha...

So, is my idea stupid or not... I really dont think that lots of people would want to play this credit-eater-thing-monster... Only for PRO's...

Sturmtiger possible but I would have thought unlikely basically one or 2 shots a game historically.

Brumbar could work and just maybe Churchill AVRE with the spigot mortar.

Have you considered Katyusha or Calliope rocket launchers tankers could equip them to get revenge on SPGs ;)

SastusBulbas #208 Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32469 battles

We have a mod section, surely if WGEU allow a mod to be posted with relevant links within teh mod section, then it is fair to use it?

Otherwise WG's own staff incompetance would infer the deliberate setting up of players to be banned? Or something?

ceejee007 #209 Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23517 battles
  • [SIBA] SIBA

But how comes that the CHEAT mods are so open communicated. On Ebay you can BUY a complete cheat pack   :(.    On Youtube links they give you a "commercial filming" about how it works. Common WG, you have seen them, and if not so, then plz hire capable personel.

Again and again I see tanks react on my aiming and believe me they couldnt by far see mee. But apperently my "Laser" targerting them was noticed. Personally I think they are more then commen used in the Easteren Part of EU, and as stated before "They are paying your bills, so.... you dont bite the hand who feeds you.

Because I dont believe it that you cant detect those mods. :P

Machinist_X #210 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6910 battles

mods are basically a flood gate for cheating, you only have to look at the warpack and WG has done nothing to prevent this, it will only get worse and more refined as time goes on. this issue is a complete joke, you are not policing cheating on your own game.

a easy of the top of my head solution is having approved mods which are checked by WG after being submitted to them, these mods in no way give advantage beyond that of a non addon using regular player, there isnt a huge amount of mods out there anyway, any other mods should be rejected or result to long bans leading to a perma ban.

Edited by Machinist_X, 08 October 2015 - 01:42 AM.

dark_wild #211 Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11408 battles
why I can't buy gold, premium tanks and premium...?

dark_wild #212 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11408 battles

why I can't buy gold, premium tanks and premium...????

georgelazaridhs #213 Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9724 battles
  • [BBGR] BBGR

I wont to buy premium please open peysafe for greece hurry up

Edited by georgelazaridhs, 09 October 2015 - 09:45 PM.

kuonavaunu #214 Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 761 battles

Hi, there is somethign wery wrong whit update 2.2 on Blitz. It keeps crashing whit iPad. I use 20-40€ per month forh this crap? I hate that after 10 restart i'm gone as afk. Fix this crap, please.

Doz_rellik #215 Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12946 battles
  • [-EDC-] -EDC-

Create a submission program where every mod developer needs to submit his/her's mod for approval and post the one's you consider legal.

Everything else ... ILLEGAL and banned until approval.

Easy and fair for every player that wants to use legal mods and also for mod developers that want to develop legal mods.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users