• Player
  • 4343 battles
i

Akhorahil_ #42 Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18827 battles

View PostiScending, on 11 April 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Mods that totally alter *how* you play the game, are the types of mods we would recommend players to reconsider and exercise caution when you think about using them. When you’re being fed information that is not normally available either from your own eyesight/field of vision, and are basically relying on your mods to dictate what you should do and when, that’s when things are going too far. If you’re sitting next to someone with a default client, you would clearly have an advantage over them as you’re getting game data they don’t have and you’re using that to decide what to do. Even if this information was estimates, it’s giving you too much detailed info that normally you’d never know. At that stage it’s less about you playing the game but more about you playing your mods and the game is a secondary factor.

Are you guys serious?

"Some mods give you an unfair advantage. Please be nice and don't use them, no matter how much they help you (but there will be no sanctions or blocking)?"

This is your solution? Hoping that people will play nice despite it not being in their best interest?! 

Edited by Akhorahil_, 14 April 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Ulltussa #43 Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29040 battles

So you can freely use those mods without risk of being caught.

This is bad really bad.

Unurautare #44 Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11362 battles

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

You were 10 days late, m8.

Golem501 #45 Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19228 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

I would like to suggest that next time... you copy the Wargaming NA post on this..

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/339090-policy-on-prohibited-modifications/

Block Quote

Tankers!

We all love World of Tanks. We also love seeing the unique things you create through the application of mods like original garage designs, vehicle skins, or new types of color filters. It's one of the many facets that help World of Tanks stand apart from other MMO's.

However, there are mods that give players a distinct advantage when used in matches, both public & competitive. Mods such as these are not allowed as they offer an unfair advantage to players using them.

Starting today we're taking steps to ensure that every time you hop on the battlefield in your favorite vehicle, you'll be given as fair a chance for victory as possible -- we're tightening restrictions on all mods that give players a statistical advantage over their opponent.

Players found to be using illegal mods (as detailed below) will be penalized based on the severity of the infraction. We're also actively looking into more effective ways in which to monitor the use of banned mods. 

Modifications to the World of Tanks client (and other products) that provide an unfair advantage against other players will warrant a restriction upon the players account.

The type of restriction depends on the severity of the modification infraction.

• 3D-Skins with Display of Modules and Crew Positions
  • Removal of trees, leaves and bushes or change transparency
  • "Lens scope" modification that removes tree leaves and alters bush transparency around the aiming reticle.
  • Script automated use of manually activated equipment. I.E. Automatic use of Manual Fire Extinguisher
  • Modified Tracer Display (case-by-case basis)
  • Free camera
  • Laser Reticle (red line starting from the gun barrel)
  • Modified Tracer Display (case-by-case basis)
  • Mini Map modifications that passively provide information to the individual player without the use of active teamwork.

ErikLeppen #46 Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1944 battles

Most people who actually read these forums are in general bright enough to understand the word "advantage".

So basically everyone who reads this post knows exactly what iScending means....

Perfectly clear for someone with common sense which mods are allowed in game and which ones are not.

I don't think this is the point.

It's not about the people with sportsmanship. It's about the people without. It's also not about the tiny fraction of players that use this forum. It's also about the huge masses that don't.

The point is, those with good sportsmanship know they shouldn't install mods that give them an advantage. However, there are people around who don't care for others, and grab all advantage they can get. It's those people that this is all about. After all, those people getting an advantage that we don't, means we are at a disadvantage due to our sportsmanship. I think unsportive behavior shouldn't be rewarded this way.

In the end, rules are only there for those who can't control themselves without. And those are usually the people who don't read topics like this.

So, the post is aimed at the wrong people. That's why it's ineffective. You (WG) can't rely on our common sense for this case, because it puts the people that don't use it at an advantage. That's why it's unfair.

Edited by ErikLeppen, 14 April 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Raffy5 #47 Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26710 battles

Bla bla bla and bla bla bla; also more bla bla and as a conclusion more bla bla.

Just make a list of the banned mods, remove them from the forum if they are posted of if there are any set of mods that contain them. Also make a set of rules on what happens if you are caught using them like 1st time 1 week ban, 2nd time 1 month, 3rd time bye bye account and so on.

But you wont do that, simply because the ones that use this are also cows to be milked.

So if you want to make something go all in not just "Well play fair".

Block Quote

Most people who actually read these forums are in general bright enough to understand the word "advantage".

So basically everyone who reads this post knows exactly what iScending means....

Perfectly clear for someone with common sense which mods are allowed in game and which ones are not.

No, this should not be done like this because it leaves to much room for interpretation. Common sense? What is that, if I can use something to create an advantage for myself while that thing is not illegal why should I not use it? When it becomes illegal I will stop using it or use it on my own risk.

When you get banned you do noty get banned on common sense you get banned because you broke some rules, common sense differs from individual to individual, this is why we should have a set of rules for this. But this is just my opinion.

LE: Every online game has very strict rules about hacks/mods etc... that can be used or not.

Edited by pussinbootsraffy, 14 April 2014 - 10:32 AM.

Tall_Toot #48 Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24458 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

This sounds like most EU Health and Safety law; you have to follow a set of ambigious rules left to the individual to interpret, which basically say don't do anything wrong.

Which you can continue to do quite legally, until something goes wrong.

Then you have to prove you weren't acting illegally, which is impossible since as you were caught doing something wrong.

Way to go WG, like you're thinking.......:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Edited by Tall_Toot, 14 April 2014 - 10:31 AM.

Nienazwany #49 Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23289 battles
  • [DPA_W] DPA_W
Thing is, they can't detect (most of the time) if you're using "legal" or "illegal" mods. When you're using custom skins it's impossible to know if you simply applied custom camo or hit zone skins. Files used by harmful mods are also used by mods that could give you an advantage. Changing 3D models require core game files modification which is detectable thus they explicitly said it's illegal. WG would have to ban all mods to level a playing field.

Bryghtblade #50 Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12804 battles
  • [2RTR] 2RTR

Well I've never seen a post stir up such a storm of abuse in ages but you can't blame iCending for it, he's just the poor sod the company chose to post their namby pamby response to the application of mods in the game,I easily understood the the difference between "cosmetic" mods like Gnomefathers historical sound mods and skins( a mate of mine drives around in a gold maus lol) and then the  mods which give ingame information which could feasibly give a player an unfair advantage....,many times my tilly has been blown of the map with a single shot to the ammo rack or even when with other tanks in a group usually to the rear(tillys are slow,REAL slow lol ) I start catching rounds first :P.

I think a simple rule on illegal mods such as on the american servers is perfectly clear and reasonable ,,,for gods sake  just cut and paste WG!

Bryghtblade #51 Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12804 battles
  • [2RTR] 2RTR

View Postonetruecharlatan, on 12 April 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Is it really not obvious to all and sundry yet?  WG don't give a F**K about any of us. If they cared, they'd have told us all LONG ago what we can and can't use. But no, they just let us go on, flailing blindly in the dark, whilst allowing bitches to get away with TK'ing, platoon damaging, being complete fucktards and ruining your game play as well as mine.

Never mind the mods that are allowed/dis-allowed, just make NEW servers, call them WL 1, 2 & 3, (Window Lickers, for all the mongs and Polak's), and let the rest of us have happy tanking fun.

Yay for the LAG! Can we have some more please? My game isn't being ruined enough yet, what with x5 and gold to be won, drawing all the inbreds from Eastern Europe out of the wood work!

Good work WG, you're the BEST!

talking of a storm,are any mods paying attention to the forums these days? it would appear not

Balc0ra #52 Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 58094 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well I'm so glad that the EU mods create a topic about this at long last, but don't take time to reply to any of the questions given here. But instead spends time sorting out trolls in General Discussion.

Why create a "solution & answer" if you don't care to elaborate on what you have written later?

Cobra6 #53 Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 15526 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostiScending, on 11 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Installing a mod and checking for what it does ultimately is your responsibility as a player. Improperly installed (or non-compatible) mods might cause your game to lag or crash. Some mods may data mine your PC for sensitive data and corrupt your system.  In short, if it the mod/addon is too influential and it changes your own gameplay we would recommend using common sense and uninstalling the mod/addon. 

Regards,
EU Community Team 

Great try to shove the responsibility on the user but that is not how it works in the grown up world.

Since Wargaming is the creator of this game and the rules WARGAMING will also compile a list of mods that are and aren't allowed for their users or they simply can't ban anyone anymore for using mods as there are no official rules on what is and isn't allowed.

Just keep an eye on the forums, if a new mod pops up see what it does, talk about it in the office and add it to the list. It's really not hard.

It's your game so you have the responsibility to make sure the users know what is and isn't allowed.

Cobra 6

bubbas #54 Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13908 battles
  • [1ST] 1ST
Worst official post from WG . . . ever . . .

Cobra6 #55 Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 15526 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Heck, just compile a list of the mods that aren't allowed, that is all we are asking and you can have one of your interns do that in half a day.

Cobra 6

Golem501 #56 Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19228 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostGolem501, on 14 April 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

I would like to suggest that next time... you copy the Wargaming NA post on this..

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/339090-policy-on-prohibited-modifications/

https://na.wargaming...on/rules/rules/

Hang on we have that on EU as well:

http://eu.wargaming....on/rules/rules/

ugh... Here we go:

Block Quote

1. No modifications shall be created which, according to Wargaming.net, bring undesirable changes to the gameplay of Wargaming.net Games. The list includes, but is not limited to:
    • Transparent textures on game objects penetrated by game armament.
    • Replacement of game models with collision models.
    • Explicit highlighting of game objects that may seem dangerous as non-hazardous (e.g., white textures on destroyed tanks).
    • Any changes to auto-aim (e.g., leading targets, automatic targeting of vulnerable areas).
    • Fixing for the player the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility (locking the position of the player that disappeared from sight on map by tracer flares, display of the name of an enemy player that inflicted a non-critical hit remaining out of sight, etc.).
    • Fixing the destruction of destructible objects on the minimap.
    • Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions, and the use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles.
    • Using keyboard macros in game situations (e.g., automation of work of “manual fire extinguisher”, except for an automatic shot from a reloaded weapon).
    • Indication of an aiming point of other players which is different from its visual representation based on the position of a standard, unmodified 3D vehicle model operated by the player.
    • Full or partial automation sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and firing (use of bots).

That's pretty clear for developers. Doesn't that mean that any mod including these items is illegal ?

Edited by Golem501, 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Samantha_Pia #57 Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26523 battles

List of approved mods: 

Approved by Wargaming NA

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/295182-lamp-lees-all-mods-pack-0811v10-all-the-best-hangar-pack0811-updated-3302014/

- XVM Mod 5.1.0 latest nightly (using Ded_Shalfey's xvm (now using his new version but modified to look like the old, and with changes by lee)
- TAIPAN Crosshairs by Dicky93 (has enemy armor indicator with scope, now with Armor Penetration Dot) and Kriegstreiber's ArtyCrosshairs UPDATED 0.8.11.v4
(NOTE go into game settings to change styles to get the red pen dot, etc.)
- 7 other of the best Crosshair and Arty sights to choose from..... (you can pick the sight you like)
- Gun Traverse Indicator for SPG and TD
- Gun Constraints for TD & Arty, two styles to choose
- MeltyMaps Armor Indicator NEW 0.8.11v2
- 60x zoom level.... instead of 30x NEW 0.8.11v1
- SPG Shell travel time
- Old Server Side Reticle
- Max Zoom In & Out Arcade + Arty
- Fire Alarm Sound, Visual and Text Notification
- Custom SixthSense + Audio (allows editing style only)
- Custom Icons modules, shells and consumables
- Colored messages
- MiniMap + Pointer Lines
- Battle Messenger SPAM/Bad word Filter (blocks sentences you don't want/need to see) NEW 0.8.11v1
- Railway and Trains Colored NEW 0.8.11v2
- Colored Icons Tanks (H. M, L, TD, A)
- Clock in Battle Loading
- Extra statistic information in Battle Reports, Service Record and new Gadget
- Chance to win & more
- White_Dead_Tanks & White Damaged Tracks NEW 0.8.11v2
- Kiskami-paintball (red for hit, green for ricochet)
- Custom Tank icons
- Custom Consumable icons and Tank Men Medals
- Multi-RowTank Carousel
- Platooning Battle Tier indication.
- No_Intro Videos
- Damage indicator (with 15 sec indication) NEW 0.8.11.v7
- Zayaz_BattleInterface (replaced HitLog with my advanced detailed version)
- Webium-killcounter-locastan-timer-Customizable radial menu (see Install below how to edit radial menu)
- InfoPanelEnglish(masheene)
- Zoom in, out, no gun shake, server side recticle
- Messenger V3 by Yasen Krasen
- Ingame_Skulls
- Chat_Scrolling UPDATED 0.8.11.v4 (sorry, still doesn't work with BattleMessenger Spam Filter Mod)
- Battle Loading Background screens (map strategy)
- Extra Server side Rectical variations in colors and design (you choose the style you like).
- Extra Sixth Sense options images and audio (you choose the icon and sound).
- SafeShot (helps prevent shooting teammates and dead tanks, blocks firing when gun illuminates tank) Updated v0.8.11
- No Zooming of Arty Aiming Box on Minimap NEW 0.8.11.v2
- Colored Lettering & Numbers on the Minimap Border NEW 0.8.11.v2
- Auto-Telescope (auto loads and unloads Binos, Camo, & Toolbox in that order of avail. slots, now remembers manual selected item and will load automatically afterwards) UPDATED 0.8.11.v4
- Server Selection Fix (your selected server is remembered, fixes Wargaming bug) NEW 0.8.11.v3
- ColorBlind Map Border NEW 0.8.11.v3
- Free Camera Mode NEW 0.8.11.v4 (Works only during Replays see operation instructions below)
- I'm Spotted Mod NEW 0.8.11.v4 (improved version, now no-spam, only relays already available info to team)
- BalCalcMod NEW 0.8.11.v4 (Bouncing sight stabilization, press "F" to use, see Install info below)
- ATAC! Mod NEW 0.8.11.v7 (tank proximity detector, relays more visually info already available on mini-map)

Now if this is approved mods by WG-NA, then i believe that WG-EU can use these mods too right?

Edited by Samantha_Pia, 17 April 2014 - 11:30 PM.

Cobra6 #58 Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 15526 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Where are the KODOS mods? Aren't they allowed anymore?

Cobra 6

Golem501 #59 Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19228 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Strangely they approve the white tanks mods while it's illegal to develop such a mod... 

The_Boot #60 Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 17113 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE

confused...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users