• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

IsoA #81 Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 16087 battles

View Postcracktrackflak, on 20 March 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

It plays like a nerfed T-44.

Its sluggish in movement, and has much slower turret traverse. Gun is similar to the T-44's 100mm, but is less accurate and has longer aim time.

It does have slightly better front armour than the T-44, but still doesn't really seem to bounce anything at all.

No limited MM, of course. Its pretty feeble in a Tier 9 game, and there is no alternative but to hide somewhere in a Tier 10 game...

Not like a nerfed T-44. Like a heavier cousin of T-44. The turret is way more bouncy as is the front armor.

Skankir #82 Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4520 battles
Well I've been looking forward to a Russian medium crew trainer for a while now. Tried the Matilda IV, it's as awful as you'd think. Bought the T-34 85M during Christmas and it is decent. It's a regular T-34 85 with the second best gun and more armor, a lot worse aim time, and a bit sluggish....... This tier 8 premium sounds like a copy of that with a T-44 base.

Edited by Skankir, 20 March 2015 - 11:46 AM.

ApocalypseSquad #83 Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27145 battles

Had a couple of runs out in it on the test server.  Feels OK, plays a bit like a Centurion but better armoured at the expense of a much weaker gun.

mortalsatsuma #84 Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14074 battles

Just finished my first game in it on the test server and I quite like it. It was a Tier 8 game and I had to carry hard at the end to win. Even with APCR and cHEAT ammo flying about it bounced a fair bit of damage including a BL-9 shell from an IS-3 off the front plate. My main disappointment is that it takes seemingly forever to accelerate even with off-road driving fully trained on my driver. Its gun is also a bit low in terms of pen but with all my crew skills and equipment it has a good rate of fire. 

It seems to play more like a heavy than a medium with a mediums gun. Its armour seems very sturdy at least in tier 8 games and I spose it's basically a T-44 with heavier armour bolted on. 

I probably will get one as I need a crew trainer for my T-34-85 crew.  

joyuesp #85 Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52953 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postmortalsatsuma, on 20 March 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Just finished my first game in it on the test server and I quite like it. It was a Tier 8 game and I had to carry hard at the end to win. Even with APCR and cHEAT ammo flying about it bounced a fair bit of damage including a BL-9 shell from an IS-3 off the front plate. My main disappointment is that it takes seemingly forever to accelerate even with off-road driving fully trained on my driver. Its gun is also a bit low in terms of pen but with all my crew skills and equipment it has a good rate of fire. 

It seems to play more like a heavy than a medium with a mediums gun. Its armour seems very sturdy at least in tier 8 games and I spose it's basically a T-44 with heavier armour bolted on. 

I probably will get one as I need a crew trainer for my T-34-85 crew.  

t8 game with almost no hts wont be your average game in the live server...

brisha #86 Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16798 battles

They are really taking the piss with this one, are people really going to buy this? T7 gun with no speed to make up for it, even the prem ammo is only 235 so it wont cut it. No point saying it's a flanker because it almost the same speed as the SP.

It needs to be played like the heavies so mostly long range and if it's not top tier, which it wont be most games, then it will struggle badly. WG really need to give something for the real cash they are charging, this is not it.

Sadly people are so desperate for a T8 Russian med they will buy it, but it will only bring frustration.

IsoA #87 Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 16087 battles

View Postbrisha, on 21 March 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

They are really taking the piss with this one, are people really going to buy this? T7 gun with no speed to make up for it, even the prem ammo is only 235 so it wont cut it. No point saying it's a flanker because it almost the same speed as the SP.

It needs to be played like the heavies so mostly long range and if it's not top tier, which it wont be most games, then it will struggle badly. WG really need to give something for the real cash they are charging, this is not it.

Sadly people are so desperate for a T8 Russian med they will buy it, but it will only bring frustration.

It's not as slow as SP. You actually can get to places, but it's no T-54 either. Somewhere between T-54 and SP.

Eila_Juutilainen #88 Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21258 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postbrisha, on 21 March 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Stop saying things that are just pure rubbish. The speed of T-54 Prototype doesn't even compare to the Super Pershing. T-54 Proto does over 40km/h, Super Pershing struggles to reach 30km/h even in favourable terrain. The mobility stats on Super Pershing are significantly worse than the T-54 Prototype: http://tank-compare....73I56I44I88I109

View PostIsoA, on 21 March 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

It's not as slow as SP. You actually can get to places, but it's no T-54 either. Somewhere between T-54 and SP.

As I've been saying in the other thread, the mobility is quite like Type 59 and T-34-3. It's a bit slower than them. As you said, it's sufficient to get you to places.

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 22 March 2015 - 10:52 AM.

brisha #89 Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16798 battles

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 22 March 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Stop saying things that are just pure rubbish. The speed of T-54 Prototype doesn't even compare to the Super Pershing. T-54 Proto does over 40km/h, Super Pershing struggles to reach 30km/h even in favourable terrain. The mobility stats on Super Pershing are significantly worse than the T-54 Prototype: http://tank-compare....73I56I44I88I109

As I've been saying in the other thread, the mobility is quite like Type 59 and T-34-3. It's a bit slower than them. As you said, it's sufficient to get you to places.

And I'm still telling you it's nothing like the speed or mobility of the type or the 34-3, I even raced a 34-3 on the test server and it was no where near it,(try it find a 34-3 there are plenty of them in the CT and them eat it's dust) as well as the fact I also own one, your either a troll or work for WG if your pushing this POS. Ok i'ts not as slow as the SP but it has more in common with one than the type or the 34-3. All it has is it's armour, which is actually pretty useless against T8 heavies and any T9 and 10 guns. So like the SP it bounces T6 and 7 but don't hold out much hope of seeing many of them without limited MM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #90 Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View Postbrisha, on 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

And I'm still telling you it's nothing like the speed or mobility of the type or the 34-3, I even raced a 34-3 on the test server and it was no where near it,(try it find a 34-3 there are plenty of them in the CT and them eat it's dust) as well as the fact I also own one, your either a troll or work for WG if your pushing this POS. Ok i'ts not as slow as the SP but it has more in common with one than the type or the 34-3. All it has is it's armour, which is actually pretty useless against T8 heavies and any T9 and 10 guns. So like the SP it bounces T6 and 7 but don't hold out much hope of seeing many of them without limited MM.

Sorry but you lost all credability the moment you compared T-54P speed to Spershing. Spershing speed is horrific, T-54P can drive past an IS-3 and in my books thats pretty good.

Eila_Juutilainen #91 Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21258 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postbrisha, on 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

In no freaking way does a T-54 Prototype have more in common with a Super Pershing than a Type or T-34-3. Just look at the goddamned stats. It's stats are almost as 'good' as the Type and T-34-3 (only ground resistance is a bit worse), whereas it's orders of magnitudes better than the crappy mobility of a Super Pershing. The only troll here is you, who is trying to claim that we should not compare a tank to it's closest relatives (which it resembles not just according to me but also many others) and instead insists on comparing to a completely different tank that it has little in common with.

Also, I'm not pushing 'this POS', I'm just trying to stop your fountain of misinformation based on clearly not unbiased posts.

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 23 March 2015 - 09:04 AM.

General_McMuschi #92 Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles

Which equipment do you use on this tank?

So far I have mounted stabs, and I use toolbox and binocs until I decide what to put next. I'm 99% sure next equipment I'll put on it will be rammer. So stabs, rammer and what would be your third choice?

I cannot decide between optics, GLD, and vents. I don't think I'll mount GLD, but still cannot decide between vents and optics. Tank has 360m view range so optics would improve that, but then again the tank is pretty slow so most often other tanks spot for me. Vents improve everything but is it worth it, giving up the view range for that?

this is the crew that I use on this tank. Can anyone explain why is Situational awareness on my loader transparent like it's not working? This usually happens when I put 2 crew members in premium vehicle that both have the same skill, then only one works, while the other is transparent like this. But I don't have 2 crew members with Situational awareness in this tank so... why is it transparent?

IRSanchez #93 Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55264 battles
  • [F4W] F4W

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 19 January 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

Which equipment do you use on this tank?

So far I have mounted stabs, and I use toolbox and binocs until I decide what to put next. I'm 99% sure next equipment I'll put on it will be rammer. So stabs, rammer and what would be your third choice?

I cannot decide between optics, GLD, and vents. I don't think I'll mount GLD, but still cannot decide between vents and optics. Tank has 360m view range so optics would improve that, but then again the tank is pretty slow so most often other tanks spot for me. Vents improve everything but is it worth it, giving up the view range for that?

this is the crew that I use on this tank. Can anyone explain why is Situational awareness on my loader transparent like it's not working? This usually happens when I put 2 crew members in premium vehicle that both have the same skill, then only one works, while the other is transparent like this. But I don't have 2 crew members with Situational awareness in this tank so... why is it transparent?

Rammer and vstab are obvious.

For the last slot, you can always play it safe and choose optics. It's the standard medium setup, that gives you more vision. It's usefull when quick poking on ridges/corners for spotting.

Vents would be good choice, if you play very aggresive - when enemies are close in your proximity, so they will get spotted anyway.

Binos are not that usefull, as you really should be actively playing/spotting, without staying to long while beeing exposed to enemy fire.

About Situational Awareness:

In T-54-Prototype, the commander is radio operator.

As SA is a radio operator skill, it remains inactive, when you have it on loader. There isn't much you can do about it, if yuo plan to keep that loaded trained for different tank.

BTW - where are you using that loader with SA, what's the tank that have this setup?

Edited by IRSanchez, 19 January 2016 - 11:33 AM.

General_McMuschi #94 Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles

thanks for explaining about the SA skill!

I'll go with optics. Quickybaby uses that combination as well (stabs+rammer+optics).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users