Jump to content


Mangled Metal


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,030
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Take your Tier X beast out for a spin and roll over the competition!

Full news text

TRuE_77 #2 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37049 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
Tier 10 oh sweet :smile:

incurably #3 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 38628 battles
  • 1,841
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

mangled metal with 9 player teams ......

 

the text and the pictures are not correct !!!!

 

it says

Block Quote

  In this tournament, teams composed of 14 players get to battle with virtually no limitations. Prove that you are the heavyweight master of World of Tanks!

 

which would be fine but

 

 

who is doing these news ??


Edited by incurably, 15 April 2014 - 10:40 AM.


Swoopie #4 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 28017 battles
  • 2,526
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    01-15-2011

Block Quote

 Mangled Metal is a very specific tournament created for the fans of the biggest and heaviest vehicles in the game. In this tournament, teams composed of 14 players get to battle with virtually no limitations. Prove that you are the heavyweight master of World of Tanks!

 

 

So which one is it? 9vs9 or 14vs14? Tier point limit of 90 would indicate that it'd be 9vs9, since in WG's tournaments they rarely use "leftover" points after the big tanks have been selected, like in 7/42 (The T1's I mean).

 

Edit: Incu ninjaedited me.


Edited by Swoopie, 15 April 2014 - 10:41 AM.


Monster95alpha19 #5 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View Postincurably, on 15 April 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

mangled metal with 9 player teams ......

 

the text and the pictures are not correct !!!!

 

it says

 

which would be fine but

 

 

 

who is doing these news ??

some wg bob that "wasted" 2 min to copy&paste..



incurably #6 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 38628 battles
  • 1,841
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostSwoopie, on 15 April 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

 

 

So which one is it? 9vs9 or 14vs14? Tier point limit of 90 would indicate that it'd be 9vs9, since in WG's tournaments they rarely use "leftover" points after the big tanks have been selected, like in 7/42 (The T1's I mean).

 

Edit: Incu ninjaedited me.

 

 


Edited by incurably, 15 April 2014 - 10:49 AM.


RyuSkyliner34 #7 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

    Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 28491 battles
  • 228
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
The picture of the last map is not ruinberg, but siegfried line. 

incurably #8 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 38628 battles
  • 1,841
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostVitkov, on 15 April 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

The picture of the last map is not ruinberg, but siegfried line. 

 

dont be fooled its the "new" ruinberg on fire .. and if it isnt they will make it so :P

but nice catch didnt even realize



Berbo #9 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • 4,970
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postincurably, on 15 April 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

mangled metal with 9 player teams ......

 

the text and the pictures are not correct !!!!

 

it says

 

which would be fine but

 

who is doing these news ??

 

Hey Incu

 

First of all, there is team size for registration and there's a battle team size. Which obviously isn't the same.

In order to register you must have a minimum of 9 players and you can use 7 more subs. 

How many will you use in the battle is totally up to you. You can use 9xT10 or any combination up to 14 players.

 

We didn't want to limit teams to 9 players in game so you can use lower tiers and play around with different strategies and setups.



Berbo #10 Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • 4,970
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostTitaniu, on 15 April 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

some wg bob that "wasted" 2 min to copy&paste..

 

Call it whatever you like but many times happens that players don't read it properly :)

 

Cheers



Hoffi123 #11 Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36240 battles
  • 368
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

And still this page, which is linked in the official announcement talks about 140 points as maximum.

 

http://worldoftanks..../mangled-metal/

 

Same for the english one...

 

http://worldoftanks..../mangled-metal/

 

How hard can it be to make consistent rules. And dont blame the Players for Not Reading properly when you cannot even announce a tournament with consistent rules...


Edited by Hoffi123, 15 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.


MolochZ #12 Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16248 battles
  • 1,007
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

View PostBerbo, on 15 April 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

Call it whatever you like but many times happens that players don't read it properly :)

 

Cheers

 

Edit: Nvm


Edited by MolochZ, 15 April 2014 - 11:27 AM.


Berbo #13 Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • 4,970
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostHoffi123, on 15 April 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

And still this page, which is linked in the official announcement talks about 140 points as maximum.

 

http://worldoftanks..../mangled-metal/

 

Same for the english one...

 

http://worldoftanks..../mangled-metal/

 

How hard can it be to make consistent rules. And dont blame the Players for Not Reading properly when you cannot even announce a tournament with consistent rules...

 

All the captains must follow the info and updates topic. Already communicated this  but thanks for the feedback in any case.

 

We're not trying to blame the players, our goal is to make it simpler. That's why we're answering all the questions asked.

Most of the times many players don't understand the rules just because they didn't read them, but that's ongoing problem and we're constantly working on improving our communication. It's far from perfect. (as majority of players don't like the forum)

 

If the rules are consistent it doesn't mean they're good. As time moves on, we learn and try to improve and honestly I think think this Mangled Metal will be a bigger success than the previous one and definitely more fun. Not to speak about the fact the captains will need less players = easier to make the team = more teams

 

Regards



Mr_Deo #14 Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39990 battles
  • 1,586
  • [ESAF] ESAF
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012
Will all 16 members on the team get the gold, or just the 14 who play?

Berbo #15 Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • 4,970
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostMr_Deo, on 15 April 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Will all 16 members on the team get the gold, or just the 14 who play?

 

Everyone in the team gets the gold :)

 

cheers



incurably #16 Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 38628 battles
  • 1,841
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostBerbo, on 15 April 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

Hey Incu

 

First of all, there is team size for registration and there's a battle team size. Which obviously isn't the same.

In order to register you must have a minimum of 9 players and you can use 7 more subs. 

How many will you use in the battle is totally up to you. You can use 9xT10 or any combination up to 14 players.

 

We didn't want to limit teams to 9 players in game so you can use lower tiers and play around with different strategies and setups.

 

 

well you know i do thend to read stuff before i post and thats why i am confused that on the rules page it says

 

A team roster must consist of 14 players, and may include up to 6 registered reserve players.

 

and on the picture its 9+7



Berbo #17 Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • 4,970
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postincurably, on 15 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

 

well you know i do thend to read stuff before i post and thats why i am confused that on the rules page it says

 

A team roster must consist of 14 players, and may include up to 6 registered reserve players.

 

and on the picture its 9+7

 

That's one of the things I couldn't influence a lot. Issue with the link, working on the fix ^^

I posted the info about it on the MM forum, thanks for the feedback :)

 

Cheers



Dengar79 #18 Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 83513 battles
  • 16
  • [CRY2] CRY2
  • Member since:
    03-12-2012

hmm the news says 60 - 90 points, but the rules say "Total tier points for a team must not be less than 70 points and no more than 140 points."

which is correct?



Cobra6 #19 Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • 15,291
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

I only have the Foch155 and that was nerfed beyond useless so can't participate, sorry.

 

Cobra 6



incurably #20 Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 38628 battles
  • 1,841
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

but bottem line because i have confused myself a little bit now :D and people might be wondering too

 

THIS particular tournament is gonna be 9v9 with T10s and 7 reserve right






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users