Jump to content


Operation Spring Awakening: Battle At Lake Balaton


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,329
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Celebrate the upcoming Historical Battles Mode in 9.0 with a look at some of the historical campaigns that will be available.
Full news text

hojo11 #2 Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 6625 battles
  • 24
  • [-ICD-] -ICD-
  • Member since:
    12-21-2010
Had a nice read while waiting for the servers to get back online.

The_Challenger #3 Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 5052 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View Posthojo11, on 16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Had a nice read while waiting for the servers to get back online.

 

Hahah exactly what I was just thinking :smile:



BMW_MPower_e30 #4 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7565 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    03-14-2014
They should add Eastern european tanks to the game

maniac212 #5 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2667 battles
  • 84
  • [ROET] ROET
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
That Jagdpanzer IV  is amazing , makes me sad how bad it is ingame :( Please give it a proper gun for its tier.

Mart988 #6 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 35879 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    10-29-2010
Dear WG!

What kind of is that? Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia not existed in 1944 and Austria was a part of the Third Reich...Why use fake maps?

Vulgarny #7 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 29133 battles
  • 1,162
  • Member since:
    01-07-2011
Poor germans. In every WG article they just lose and lose against Soviets. Wonder when they will post some article about german victory over Russia?

maniac212 #8 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2667 battles
  • 84
  • [ROET] ROET
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostVulgarny, on 16 April 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Poor germans. In every WG article they just lose and lose against Soviets. Wonder when they will post some article about german victory over Russia?

In Mother Russia there is no defeat ! :izmena:



BMW_MPower_e30 #9 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7565 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    03-14-2014

View Postmaniac212, on 16 April 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

In Mother Russia there is no defeat ! :izmena:

lol



TheKroo #10 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,656
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostMart988, on 16 April 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Dear WG!

What kind of is that? Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia not existed in 1944 and Austria was a part of the Third Reich...Why use fake maps?

 

Hi Mart,

Czechoslovakia was a sovereign state in Central Europe that existed from October 1918, when it declared its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until its peaceful dissolution into Czech Republic and Slovakia on 1 January 1993.

Yugoslavia existed as Kingdom of Yugoslavia until WWII, then it was split up on 6 April 1941. In 1943, a Democratic Federal Yugoslavia was proclaimed by the Partisan resistance.

 

Therefore the map is OK :)

 



SilentstalkerFTR #11 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51 battles
  • 1,003
  • Member since:
    04-08-2014

View PostHunter1911, on 16 April 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

.....until its peaceful dissolution into Czechia and Slovakia on 1 January 1993.
 

 

 

Gahhhhhhh.... my eyes...  :angry:

 

Hunter is right though. Legally, Czechoslovakia never ceased to exist during wartime, its continuity assured by treaties with exile government. The "Protectorate" as far as I recall didn't exist de iure.


Edited by SilentstalkerFTR, 16 April 2014 - 02:30 PM.


SilentstalkerFTR #12 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51 battles
  • 1,003
  • Member since:
    04-08-2014

View PostThe_Challenger, on 16 April 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

Hahah exactly what I was just thinking :smile:

 

Yea, I kinda dropped the ball on that part today...



TheKroo #13 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,656
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostSilentstalkerFTR, on 16 April 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Gahhhhhhh.... my eyes...  :angry:

 

Hunter is right though. Legally, Czechoslovakia never ceased to exist during wartime, its continuity assured by treaties with exile government. The "Protectorate" as far as I recall didn't exist de iure.

 

My Croatian overtook my English skills, corrected the country name to a proper one. Thanks for the heads up :)



Luck_Boris #14 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10708 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012
  • You mention the Bulgarian First Army among the Soviet forces that fought in this battle, but Bulgaria was on the Axis side. What's up with that?


Sotahullu #15 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010

View Postmaniac212, on 16 April 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

That Jagdpanzer IV  is amazing , makes me sad how bad it is ingame :( Please give it a proper gun for its tier.

 

And it is the less known Alkett -variant with actual schürzen plates. Quite sexy to boot ;)



Sotahullu #16 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010

View PostLuck_Boris, on 16 April 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

  • You mention the Bulgarian First Army among the Soviet forces that fought in this battle, but Bulgaria was on the Axis side. What's up with that?

 

Well Bulgaria was never officially with Germans but was quite cooperative with them and that goverment was never popular. But like Romanians they switched sides during 1944 but not before getting over 150 tanks and assault guns from the Germans.

 

 



Leutnant_Kramer #17 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35329 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
Just to clarify for those wondering about it: The 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend" was a "regular" (as regular as it gets with the Waffen-SS not being Wehrmacht and all) or for that matter, supposed elite unit of the Waffen-SS. It was not a Hitlerjugend (the NSDAP youth organization) organizational unit nor was it Volkssturm (old and very young men poorly armed to prolong the war a few days).

The_Challenger #18 Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 5052 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostVulgarny, on 16 April 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Poor germans. In every WG article they just lose and lose against Soviets. Wonder when they will post some article about german victory over Russia?

 

Ummm, considering the Germans invaded the Soviet Union the Summer of 41 and looked set to take Moscow by October, the Bltzkrieg was devastating, in one week alone the Soviets had lost more soldiers than the numbers that fell during the five months of the Battle of the Somme.  

 

Plus we could also mention the fall of Kiev of course, but as the article is written in light of the patch release it wouldn't make much sense. 

 

 



Davic019 #19 Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 4663 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    12-20-2010
Wohoo Hungarian battle :) I'm happy cuz I live near to lake Balaton ;).

Shade1982 #20 Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20088 battles
  • 905
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostLeutnant_Kramer, on 16 April 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Just to clarify for those wondering about it: The 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend" was a "regular" (as regular as it gets with the Waffen-SS not being Wehrmacht and all) or for that matter, supposed elite unit of the Waffen-SS. It was not a Hitlerjugend (the NSDAP youth organization) organizational unit nor was it Volkssturm (old and very young men poorly armed to prolong the war a few days).

Ah, that makes it bit clearer for me... I was wondering what kids where doing on the eastern front...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users