Jump to content


VK 2801 is it still worth it?


  • Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

Iddra #1 Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26828 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011
Hello! I was thinking of getting myself a VK as i like scouts but since that tank got nerfed so many times and he HE got nerfed is it still good? i have a good camo crew and stuff im a fairly good player i might make it work? Is it still good and worth getting?

TenguUK #2 Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3973 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

I've only just acquired the VK 28.01 today and so far I'm loving it.

The 10.5 still seems good to me, you won't be doing extreme damage against most targets but it's good to blow the tracks off enemy tanks leaving them immobile for your team to take out.



Tazilon #3 Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Post__xXMASTERXx__, on 18 April 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Hello! I was thinking of getting myself a VK as i like scouts but since that tank got nerfed so many times and he HE got nerfed is it still good? i have a good camo crew and stuff im a fairly good player i might make it work? Is it still good and worth getting?

 

It is very much worth it - it is the best TIer VI scout there is - and it is supposed to get a buff in 9.1!

 

YouTubes of the VK 28.01 at play.


Edited by Tazilon, 20 April 2014 - 03:40 AM.


Askorti #4 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11776 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012
Tazilon, do you take into consideration that VK28 might be the best tier VI scout only in your hands? After all, it is your pimp tank. Your trademark. It is no wonder that you do great in it after thousands of battles. But perhaps for other people it might not be the case. ;)

Ace_of_Sp4des #5 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25481 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012
Can't wait to get it, totally loved pz i c, loved luchs and now loving leopard more than any other tank currently in the garage. :3 It's ment for me

DMG #6 Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3399 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011

Absolutely worth it, i came back from a long break just to drive vk28 , i didnt even realize it was nerfed :tongue:

Because of the relatively small size & sloped armor i prefer it to chaffee, the derp gun is also amazing.

Just remember to get spall liners so you can ram other scouts & LT's, its really the most fun tank i have driven in this game:tongue:



Iddra #7 Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26828 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View PostTazilon, on 20 April 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

 

It is very much worth it - it is the best TIer VI scout there is - and it is supposed to get a buff in 9.1!

 

YouTubes of the VK 28.01 at play.

You've played like 35,000 games in it which is awesome ill get it, one question how many crew skills do you have on it?



Lloyd5 #8 Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32807 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

View PostTazilon, on 20 April 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

 

It is very much worth it - it is the best TIer VI scout there is - and it is supposed to get a buff in 9.1!

 

YouTubes of the VK 28.01 at play.


I want to say thanks for your great vid's Tazilon . You prompted me to get a Luchs yesterday and its fantastic fun ( only 14 games so far but 93% , lets see after a couple of hundred). Taking out Borsigs is a right laugh :)

 

Looking forward to the buffs in 9.1, but really  thats just icing on the cake.



Lloyd5 #9 Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32807 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

View Postmccqa, on 20 April 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Can't wait to get it, totally loved pz i c, loved luchs and now loving leopard more than any other tank currently in the garage. :3 It's ment for me


What does the Leopard do that the Luchs doesn't ?
 ( genuine question )



Ace_of_Sp4des #10 Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25481 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

Didn't like it. In my opinion leopard is superior to it. Why?

 

VK2801 is speed bleeding while turning (really much, can't circle enemy normally) , it was killing me. 

VK2801 has a gun that is not stable, you don't know how much damage you can deal, it's only good for tracking and papers.

VK2801 gets worse mm. 

VK2801 looks worse. :D My opinion, I came back to leopard. It's one of the best tanks in the game for me. ;)


Edited by mccqa, 26 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.


Orlunu #11 Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8380 battles
  • 142
  • [PRAVD] PRAVD
  • Member since:
    08-01-2011
It's a good tank and great fun.  It's biggest problem is that it's too fun and I get carried away and do stupid things in it.

Tazilon #12 Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostAskorti, on 20 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Tazilon, do you take into consideration that VK28 might be the best tier VI scout only in your hands? After all, it is your pimp tank. Your trademark. It is no wonder that you do great in it after thousands of battles. But perhaps for other people it might not be the case. ;)

 

 

Nope.  I don't consider that at all.  I had to start out with it partly stock and with a Basic training 50% crew just as many of you have to.  Learn the basics of scouting and get it elited and it will rock for anyone.

 

PS:  It is supposed to be getting a buff in 9.1, too!


Edited by Tazilon, 28 April 2014 - 01:33 AM.


Askorti #13 Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11776 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostTazilon, on 28 April 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

PS:  It is supposed to be getting a buff in 9.1, too!

Knowing WG, it will be a completely insignificant buff that wont change anything important. 



Tazilon #14 Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostAskorti, on 28 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Knowing WG, it will be a completely insignificant buff that wont change anything important. 

 

You are way too negative.



Pete_SB #15 Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10675 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
Love my Luchs, Leopard and Vk28.01, all keepers

Askorti #16 Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11776 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostTazilon, on 01 May 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

 

You are way too negative.


Maybe, I just don't trust WG when it comes to buffing German tanks.



Tazilon #17 Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostAskorti, on 04 May 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:


Maybe, I just don't trust WG when it comes to buffing German tanks.

 

I understand completely.  I'm crossing my fingers myself...lol



Flinsenberger #18 Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7981 battles
  • 577
  • [OE] OE
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

View Postmccqa, on 26 April 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Didn't like it. In my opinion leopard is superior to it. Why?

 

VK2801 is speed bleeding while turning (really much, can't circle enemy normally) , it was killing me. 

VK2801 has a gun that is not stable, you don't know how much damage you can deal, it's only good for tracking and papers.

VK2801 gets worse mm. 

VK2801 looks worse. :D My opinion, I came back to leopard. It's one of the best tanks in the game for me. ;)

 

Leopard has such a shitty gun. You can't snipe in it. VK2801 has higher traverse, and it has more weight and way more hp, which is good for ramming and for not getting onehit by everything you encounter.
And the gun alone makes it the better tank; being able to oneshot Arty instead of emptying a 4-of-3 autoloader clip... which takes a while and where the 3rd round tends to go astray and bounce or miss, then wait for 16 seconds... this is terrible, must be the worst gun in the game. Low dpm, low alpha. 

 

I just got sick of the Leopard because I couldn't make it work, and got worse and worse in it. So I sold it and moved the crew to a VK2801.

VK16.02 is so much worse than vk2801 that it's not even funny. Give it a real gun and we can talk, but the current thing is just beyond abysmal.


Edited by Flinsenberger, 06 May 2014 - 09:33 AM.


anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #19 Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018

View PostFlinsenberger, on 06 May 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

 

Leopard has such a shitty gun. You can't snipe in it. VK2801 has higher traverse, and it has more weight and way more hp, which is good for ramming and for not getting onehit by everything you encounter.
And the gun alone makes it the better tank; being able to oneshot Arty instead of emptying a 4-of-3 autoloader clip... which takes a while and where the 3rd round tends to go astray and bounce or miss, then wait for 16 seconds... this is terrible, must be the worst gun in the game. Low dpm, low alpha. 

 

I just got sick of the Leopard because I couldn't make it work, and got worse and worse in it. So I sold it and moved the crew to a VK2801.

VK16.02 is so much worse than vk2801 that it's not even funny. Give it a real gun and we can talk, but the current thing is just beyond abysmal.

 

Since when are LT's made for sniping? If you are sniping (on a regular basis) in a LT you are doing something wrong...

Auto cannons are not for sniping either.

 

You want to park behind a heavy, unload in the engine bay, and drive away for a reload.  (basically)

With a bit of luck (happens pretty often...) the engine will catch on fire if you manage to get a full clip in.

 


Edited by Costarring, 07 May 2014 - 10:00 AM.


Flinsenberger #20 Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7981 battles
  • 577
  • [OE] OE
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

Funny. Light tanks scout and have high maneuverability. The main goal is not to be seen. This includes being in cover or popping up on a flanking position. When having the opportunity you shoot at targets that do not point their gun in your direction.

 

In every other tank than Leopard or Luchs it is irrelevant at what distance that happens. You see the side or rear of a tank, you are concealed and stationary, you shoot. E.g. being in Malinovka at the lake shooting at the hill. Luchs and Leopard have autobounce at 250m. I once had a game, encounter on El Halluf, where I couldnt reset cap against an Pz38nA, although I could hit him. Autobounce.

 

Please stop telling other people what their tank is supposed to do, when 85% of similar tanks can exactly do that. I think you have a misconception about what it means to play a scout. It involves shooting. And if Iu cant hit anything that is more than 250m away that kinda makes your better viewrange obsolete. Because you shoot them when they cant see you. Sometimes that means concealment, sometimes that means distance. And when its distance, the process of aimed shooting at distant targets is called sniping.


Edited by Flinsenberger, 07 May 2014 - 07:09 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users