T54 matchmaking after the patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

MARMIST #1 Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles
Ok, here I am. 71% winning ratio player, nothing strange.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE T54 ?!?!?!?

I wanna know how in hell the matchmaking was modified so that now if you drive a T54 you ONLY get paired with teammates with less than 52% winning ratio and less than 40% cerebral capability. Tier 9 mediums will have increased matchmaking value you said ? What does it mean ? That we get less than 50% wins mates ?

It's like a nightmare. I had 72% in closed beta with this tank. NOW 63% and it's gettin lower and lower. It has ruined my winning ratio down to 71% and I seem to always get paired AGAINST hordes of IS4s and in my team I seem to attract only mediums. Like we 3 T54 and 2 panthers 2 ALWAYS NOT UPGRADED and them 4 IS4s and T34 FULL UPGRADED. I still have to meet a Panther 2 with the 105mm in my team. What the hell ?!!?!? I do my best, play at best, try to tell them what to do and the result is "iddofclol can you expect people to do what you say lolwtf,dude stfugtfoplzkthxcya"

I see my team dying like flies and they're happy to do it !  :)  "Hey dude know's just a game right ?"

Something has been modified to get more credits, I see it. But hell, bring it back the old system and give me decent teammates PLEASE. IT's 2 consecutive nights that I rage quit. Like I said, it's like a nightmare.

Any other 58%plus wins T54 player experiencing this ? If you don't have at least 58% you're not the target of my question.

Sturmtiger_304 #2 Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles
Oh my god, I lost ONE WHOLE PERCENTAGE OF MY WIN RATIO omg omg OMGFMTFTL.

VictorixMagna #3 Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2764 battles

POPULAR

View PostMARMIST, on 18 May 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Ok, here I am. 71% winning ratio player, nothing strange.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE T54 ?!?!?!?

I wanna know how in hell the matchmaking was modified so that now if you drive a T54 you ONLY get paired with teammates with less than 52% winning ratio and less than 40% cerebral capability. Tier 9 mediums will have increased matchmaking value you said ? What does it mean ? That we get less than 50% wins mates ?

It's like a nightmare. I had 72% in closed beta with this tank. NOW 63% and it's gettin lower and lower. It has ruined my winning ratio down to 71% and I seem to always get paired AGAINST hordes of IS4s and in my team I seem to attract only mediums. Like we 3 T54 and 2 panthers 2 ALWAYS NOT UPGRADED and them 4 IS4s and T34 FULL UPGRADED. I still have to meet a Panther 2 with the 105mm in my team. What the hell ?!!?!? I do my best, play at best, try to tell them what to do and the result is "iddofclol can you expect people to do what you say lolwtf,dude stfugtfoplzkthxcya"

I see my team dying like flies and they're happy to do it !  :)  "Hey dude know's just a game right ?"

Something has been modified to get more credits, I see it. But hell, bring it back the old system and give me decent teammates PLEASE. IT's 2 consecutive nights that I rage quit. Like I said, it's like a nightmare.

Any other 58%plus wins T54 player experiencing this ? If you don't have at least 58% you're not the target of my question.

im sorry MARMIST ( king of capslock) ..but the only thing i really want to say to you again, and again, and again...all of the time - please -  stfu!
im so tired of guys like you - i was the king in beta, im the best here, im a pro and your all noobs, your ruining my stats and so on, cmon - play in team/companie/clan and let the random grps play - there is really - really no reason for you to play with us dumb-stupid non beta players..
i remember a game with you, i was on my way to hill with 6 or 7 other players ( you were there too) .. and i was one-shoted by the artillery (burnt down) -- and 1 sec after you called me a noob player...i remember that i thought wtf and watched the rest of the game ( you died abot 1min later with your t44 in a very stupid way) ... but it was not enough - no, you told the rest of the team that they are noobs, should l2p and so on..i thought that your maybe 12 years old - well now i know.
just move away, play wow or cs or something like that - but pls move.

last but not least - im not surprised that you play the t54 - what else a godlike player like you should play;)
let me guess, your second tank is an is7? - lol..
come back when you have a win ratio at 70% with german tanks, mixed with american tanks..

edit: i remember groundtrooper was there too, its seems your allways mixed with clan-members and play in teams - well - he was a nice guy - maybe your older brother, your father ..im sry for your clan your in .. anyway ..i wonder about what your stat look like without playing constantly the strongest tanks ...

playing allways alone in random groups/battles like many of us noobs must do, with stock tanks .. well, we will never know ...

Mikicat #4 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3408 battles
You know, the average win-ratio is 50%... So if ANYONE is over 50% they are ABOVE AVERAGE and so have NO reason to complain.

Obviously that statistic is warped somewhat by games that end in a draw, but as a rule: When you win, someone else loses. The fact that a player has for example 40% win doesn't make said player a bad player, but circumstances unforeseen has caused his statistic to show a slightly negative trend. It's unfortunate that someone has to lose in an online game, but that's kind of the idea...

Synwave #5 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12474 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

View PostMikicat, on 19 May 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

You know, the average win-ratio is 50%... So if ANYONE is over 50% they are ABOVE AVERAGE and so have NO reason to complain.

Obviously that statistic is warped somewhat by games that end in a draw, but as a rule: When you win, someone else loses. The fact that a player has for example 40% win doesn't make said player a bad player, but circumstances unforeseen has caused his statistic to show a slightly negative trend. It's unfortunate that someone has to lose in an online game, but that's kind of the idea...

I can only imagine this guy on Starcraft 2 ladder:

"OMG I was 70% win ratio in Gold and I got promoted to Diamond ladder and now Im 50% OMGZZZ Blizzard why do you hate me personally! Why did you promote me to a fair ladder and now I only win half the time!!"

:lol:

Comedy Gold

squint_eyes #6 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25097 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

It's like a nightmare. I had 72% in closed beta with this tank. NOW 63% and it's gettin lower and lower.

I think you should file a petition, obviously its game fault

Inflatable #7 Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11805 battles
  • [CYW] CYW
Win % should be arround 50% indeed.. Having over 70% is way to high, unless you got lucky a lot of times with matchmaking.. Also T-54 is simply not funny at all to play against, especially if they are in a pack.. Way to fast, way to powerfull, way to armored.. And now with the much harder detracking they are even harder to beat.. But now he got some bad games in when put in bad teams and starts whining.. Well, wanna show real skill and earn respect? Stop using oped Russian tanks and try to get the same win % in a Tiger for example..

Tbh, win % means very little.. I had brilliant battles with many kills etc but still lost because the rest of the team screwed up..

Thor_Hammerschlag #8 Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19470 battles
Hello King Of Capslock,
Posted Image

Kaihlan #9 Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8054 battles
  • [ROTH] ROTH
Id rather take a look at avarage exp per battle then win ratio. You still can get a decent amount of exp while the rest of the team screws it up :P

kymrel #10 Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32918 battles

...I seem to always get paired AGAINST hordes of IS4s and in my team I seem to attract only mediums.
Sorry, but this is the only part of your post I find interesting. The rest is rant.

I also find it annoying that the matchmaker stacks the high-tier (for that battle, can be tier 5) mediums in one team and the high-tier heavies in the other. Also that it stacks tanks of the same type (can be KVs, can be T-54s) in one team. I can't understand why this has not been fixed.

MARMIST #11 Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostVictorixMagna, on 18 May 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

im sorry MARMIST ( king of capslock) ..but the only thing i really want to say to you again, and again, and again...all of the time - please -  stfu!
im so tired of guys like you - i was the king in beta, im the best here, im a pro and your all noobs, your ruining my stats and so on, cmon - play in team/companie/clan and let the random grps play - there is really - really no reason for you to play with us dumb-stupid non beta players..
i remember a game with you, i was on my way to hill with 6 or 7 other players ( you were there too) .. and i was one-shoted by the artillery (burnt down) -- and 1 sec after you called me a noob player...i remember that i thought wtf and watched the rest of the game ( you died abot 1min later with your t44 in a very stupid way)i wonder about what your stat look like without playing constantly the strongest tanks ...

playing allways alone in random groups/battles like many of us noobs must do, with stock tanks .. well, we will never know ...

That battle I found myself on top of the hill against T54, Pershing and IS4 cause our IS7 and T34 and Panther2 were camping in the base. I remember it. I held those 3 for one minute alone playing pekaboo around the houses on top yeah.

You died cause I screamed you to stay near the border of the map so that the enemies on the other side would have not spotted you. Still you climbed in the open side, got spotted and artied. This is noobish. Especially if your nearly top tank is tryin to teach you how to play. Cause, looking at your stats, you DON'T KNOW how to play.

And on the hill I WAS ALONE. not with 6/7 other players, This is why I died. I already told where the heavies were. I always win in that map if all the team moves up.
German tanks ? Why didn't I play German tanks ? Nice question ! Here's the answer : CAUSE THEY ARE WEAK.

Cause the IS4 is overkill, cause the T54 is better than the Panther 2, and cause the T29 I have is better than the Tiger. I played all German heavies in beta until the Maus. And you can't imagine how I raged at the developers for that behaviour. Then, since I'm in a clan and our clan needs GOOD tanks I went Russian at the release.

Playing constantly the strongest tank ? DO you think I spawn T54s ? Don't you think that MAYBE I had to grind ALL THE WAY UP ? Don't you think I played all Russian mediums and heavies to get there ?
Check my stats with T34, T34/85, T43 (on which you can see a record 2707 exp in a match NOT DOUBLED) and T44. Or KV, KV3, IS and IS3. Do you think I win cause I get lucky in the matchmaking ?

FOR 1,4K BATTLES ? Ok, then check the average exp. Please. Those people who purchased the HEAVY PACKAGE and now have 600 battles with the M6 to, then, convert the exp, THEY GOT IT EASY. NOT ME.

Third and last, my dear noob, WHY DO YOU PLAY ALONE ? Get a platoon with some friends if you think that just platooning will get you a 70% wins.

Plus, If I remember who you are, I already told you to try out barbie fashion designer. Have you ?

View PostMikicat, on 19 May 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

but circumstances unforeseen has caused his statistic to show a slightly negative trend.

Once Lianna Silverwind said "Good players seem to have better luck in matchmaking. Constantly."  :rolleyes:

View PostInflatable, on 19 May 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

Win % should be arround 50% indeed.. Having over 70% is way to high, unless you got lucky a lot of times with matchmaking..

Tbh, win % means very little.. I had brilliant battles with many kills etc but still lost because the rest of the team screwed up..

Yeah, like 1,4k battles. Damn how luck I am.

The Tiger is simply inferior. I will go German line when they buff it. As for now it's joke.

View PostKaihlan, on 19 May 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

Id rather take a look at avarage exp per battle then win ratio. You still can get a decent amount of exp while the rest of the team screws it up :P

When you can have both, it's better. PLus more wins mean more exp, cause in a victory you get more exp than in a loss.

View Postkymrel, on 19 May 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

I also find it annoying that the matchmaker stacks the high-tier (for that battle, can be tier 5) mediums in one team and the high-tier heavies in the other. Also that it stacks tanks of the same type (can be KVs, can be T-54s) in one team. I can't understand why this has not been fixed.

And I still haven't seen any developer responding this : Why this ? 4 mediums don't stand a chance against 4 heavies.

2T54 and 2 Panther2 are DEAD against 4 IS4. This is the last battle I had yesterday. OUR WHOLE TEAM was dying. Like flies. me and my platoon mate were hiding waiting for the enemy to show up. OUR WHOLE TEAM meanwhile was suiciding attackin frontally. In the end it was just me and him, 100% health. Alone. Map was...don't remember the name, the one with the island in the middle that got reworked in the last patch.

I screamed the whole time to stay back but nothing. Then I simply ragequit. This is not just a game. And suiciding and losing is not fun.  :angry:

SimonK #12 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11841 battles
  • [RDDT2] RDDT2
You sound like someone who picked the wrong tree.

Besides, you're expecting WAY too much from random battles.

Derelict #13 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19937 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

[...]Check my stats with T34, T34/85, T43 (on which you can see a record 2707 exp in a match NOT DOUBLED) and T44. Or KV, KV3, IS and IS3. Do you think I win cause I get lucky in the matchmaking ?[...]

Yes

As of now WoT is just about wich team gets more retards.
A single good player or maybe even 2 dont make enough difference.

As for your original complaint, the way i understand is that the matchmaker goes for the "weight" of a tank first and foremost, and it seems in terms of weight a T-54 is considered equal to a IS-4. Insert the strange bug that similar tanks get stacked up and you get the current state.

Larunnon #14 Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5605 battles
Matchmaking system needs some work. Playing a TD is horrible with this system. If you drive a JT you will see 90% of the battles the top enemy is IS-4 and you directly know ... just you and Arty can hurt this thing badly, nothing else ...

BishBoshBash #15 Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostInflatable, on 19 May 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

Win % should be arround 50% indeed.. Having over 70% is way to high, unless you got lucky a lot of times with matchmaking.. Also T-54 is simply not funny at all to play against, especially if they are in a pack.. Way to fast, way to powerfull, way to armored.. And now with the much harder detracking they are even harder to beat.. But now he got some bad games in when put in bad teams and starts whining.. Well, wanna show real skill and earn respect? Stop using oped Russian tanks and try to get the same win % in a Tiger for example..

the t54 is around the same speed as the other tier9 mediums and it has the LEAST POWERFUL gun out of all the tier9 meds and the LEAST HP so you also want it to have the least armor as well???? the t54 is no more powerful than the other tier9 meds its just more popular so when you meet a group of them it seems op but if you run into 4 is4s or 4 pershings or 4 t34s then they will seem op as well. if you want the t54 to have less armor then make its gun and hp as good as the p2 and m26, i drove a p2 in beta and used to rip through t54s and now the p2 got (in my eyes) the best all round gun in the game, so tired of people crying about t54s being op, try playing a t54 before you say they are op cos t54s are the first tank that arty and the whole team for that matter aim for and its very had to say alive as your number 1 on the other teams hit list, an is4 or t34 can take half my hp in 1 shot and very offten do. ussr tank are not op its ussr tanks have the worse t10 tank the t30 is way op it can 2 shot an is4 the t29 is way way op for its tier AND the soon to be in game usa tds are going to be the only tds in the game with a moving turret so are they going to be op too cos of the turrets????

Jamezdin #16 Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3880 battles
I happen to like the changes, its good that the T-54 is getting put in tougher games. Im sorry but steamrolling Tier8 and lower opponents is not exactly challenging or fun on my book.

Bring on the T9s and T10s. It sure is tougher, but this tank is the TOP MEDIUM tank what opponents is it supposed to be fighting if not the best???

Bring it!  :Smile_honoring:

VictorixMagna #17 Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2764 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

That battle I found myself on top of the hill against T54, Pershing and IS4 cause our IS7 and T34 and Panther2 were camping in the base. I remember it. I held those 3 for one minute alone playing pekaboo around the houses on top yeah.

You died cause I screamed you to stay near the border of the map so that the enemies on the other side would have not spotted you. Still you climbed in the open side, got spotted and artied. This is noobish. Especially if your nearly top tank is tryin to teach you how to play. Cause, looking at your stats, you DON'T KNOW how to play.

And on the hill I WAS ALONE. not with 6/7 other players, This is why I died. I already told where the heavies were. I always win in that map if all the team moves up.
German tanks ? Why didn't I play German tanks ? Nice question ! Here's the answer : CAUSE THEY ARE WEAK.

Cause the IS4 is overkill, cause the T54 is better than the Panther 2, and cause the T29 I have is better than the Tiger. I played all German heavies in beta until the Maus. And you can't imagine how I raged at the developers for that behaviour. Then, since I'm in a clan and our clan needs GOOD tanks I went Russian at the release.

Playing constantly the strongest tank ? DO you think I spawn T54s ? Don't you think that MAYBE I had to grind ALL THE WAY UP ? Don't you think I played all Russian mediums and heavies to get there ?
Check my stats with T34, T34/85, T43 (on which you can see a record 2707 exp in a match NOT DOUBLED) and T44. Or KV, KV3, IS and IS3. Do you think I win cause I get lucky in the matchmaking ?

FOR 1,4K BATTLES ? Ok, then check the average exp. Please. Those people who purchased the HEAVY PACKAGE and now have 600 battles with the M6 to, then, convert the exp, THEY GOT IT EASY. NOT ME.

Third and last, my dear noob, WHY DO YOU PLAY ALONE ? Get a platoon with some friends if you think that just platooning will get you a 70% wins.

Plus, If I remember who you are, I already told you to try out barbie fashion designer. Have you ?

Once Lianna Silverwind said "Good players seem to have better luck in matchmaking. Constantly."  :rolleyes:

Yeah, like 1,4k battles. Damn how luck I am.

The Tiger is simply inferior. I will go German line when they buff it. As for now it's joke.

When you can have both, it's better. PLus more wins mean more exp, cause in a victory you get more exp than in a loss.

And I still haven't seen any developer responding this : Why this ? 4 mediums don't stand a chance against 4 heavies.

2T54 and 2 Panther2 are DEAD against 4 IS4. This is the last battle I had yesterday. OUR WHOLE TEAM was dying. Like flies. me and my platoon mate were hiding waiting for the enemy to show up. OUR WHOLE TEAM meanwhile was suiciding attackin frontally. In the end it was just me and him, 100% health. Alone. Map was...don't remember the name, the one with the island in the middle that got reworked in the last patch.

I screamed the whole time to stay back but nothing. Then I simply ragequit. This is not just a game. And suiciding and losing is not fun.  :angry:

sometimes your funny, really.
yes, my stats tells you, im a new player, trying many different tiers and tanks ..well, and now?
your going the way up, every new should go - the only tanks that really compete at the end - its not your shame, its the developers - i agree.
i never said your a bad player - but your behavior is pathetic.
and yes, sometimes matchmaking, especially when your playing alone and random only - is just pure luck - even me, a foolish neewbie player ( on my knees) .. can kill and win some games in a row, just to loose some afterwards.

and yes, i think if im allways platooning .. and start again new - now with the experience after 2000 battles and more - and just going the russian heavy line up (i like heavy more than medium) - with all the experience what the crew means, the modules you can buy, whats the difference between a new, stock tank and 50%crew instead of a full 100%crew with some specific modules required for my playstyle, knowing of the maps and much more - my stats would maybe look better, maybe not as good as yours but thats not the point.
and thx for the hint for the barbie fashion designer, its awesome ..not as good as hello kitty online but i really enjoy it.
gave you a + for your comments.

Small_Bob #18 Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:48 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5659 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
MARMIST, you could have a 90% victory ratio and be the best tactician since Patton became a women and had Napoleon's lovechild and I still wouldn't listen to a damn thing you say.

Why? Because you act like a tool.

Corporal_Punishment #19 Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20914 battles
I admire so much the attitude of anyone taking any credit for being the game-winning linchpin in any match made up of a 15 person team, while accepting no responsibility whatsoever for any losses because obviously its one of the other 14's fault.

The game win/loss ratio is a poor statistic to base levels of personal success on. I dont see Marmist's complaint really, as his personal statistic indicates on average he gets the killing blow on 3 tanks every 2 games, plus a number of other awards.

Frustrating as it is to be on the losing side, granted, you cant control what 14 other people do in a random game.

MARMIST #20 Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostSmall_Bob, on 20 May 2011 - 02:48 AM, said:

MARMIST, you could have a 90% victory ratio and be the best tactician since Patton became a women and had Napoleon's lovechild and I still wouldn't listen to a damn thing you say.

Why? Because you act like a tool.

Lol hi BOB, another one who got my barbie fashion designer suggestion if I remember

View PostCorporal_Punishment, on 20 May 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

1)I admire so much the attitude of anyone taking any credit for being the game-winning linchpin in any match made up of a 15 person team, while accepting no responsibility whatsoever for any losses because obviously its one of the other 14's fault.

2)The game win/loss ratio is a poor statistic to base levels of personal success on. I dont see Marmist's complaint really, as his personal statistic indicates on average he gets the killing blow on 3 tanks every 2 games, plus a number of other awards.

3)Frustrating as it is to be on the losing side, granted, you cant control what 14 other people do in a random game.

1) Of all 15 people in my match, I know I'm always the only one who has 71%. WHy that ? Cause I'm 9th and the ones above me are using the hotckiss to improve their winning ratio. WHy do you think I win so much and all the others win less ? The one with 48% wins will probably cause your team to lose much more than the other onw with 71%. Cause the last one knows how to play.

2)Being english not my mother language I didn't understand what you said here. Can you explain better please ?

3)I can. I did. I always type in the beginning to everybody, arty included, what to do. BELIEVE ME OR NOT, 60% of the times they listen to me. They say ok, and do it.
The other 11% they don't listen but collaborate and we manage to win anyway.
The rest they don't listen and suicide and we lose.

You know they do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users