T54 matchmaking after the patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

Imaluk #121 Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11500 battles
Well I have it, just decided not to spend it. And I don't actually miss all that much as is. ;-) And most of those misses wouldn't have been helped by a better gunner, better player might have helped though. ;-) And in 24 matches I've earned 1mil + credits ( net, bought a vertical stabilizer and vents with it ) and almost 20k xp... so it's really not needed.

Real reason is though that I already spent a fortune on full 100% crews for 8 russian tanks... and thought 7.5k to spent on 1 tank is quite enough.

Oh and you really can't use a Löwe as a fire magnet. It's more of a supporting tank really. Although against other tier 8s you do bounce quite a bit if you angle correctly. But any tier 9 will eat you for breakfast in a slugfest.

ArtofWars #122 Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20928 battles
Guys saying a 70% win ratio is all based on luck are talking a load of crap.. I've been in games against and with Marmist, and yes he probably is one, if not the best player on EU Server.. This guy knows exactly how to react to each situation of the game, heavies clashing on a hill.. He'll do his damn best to flank them and relieve pressure, guys capping base.. He'll get back there.. He's got a tactical mind that if your in a game with him and listen to his suggestions (not orders) your chance of winning probably goes up ten fold, Okay he's raged a bit about the whole scenario, but don't all jump on the bandwagon and start flaming him, neg repping him because you know he has a point, the matchmaking is well and truly screwed..

Oh, and don't give me the crap flaming him because he like's to be competitive, he's paying money just like any of us are and i think he has a damn right to voice his concerns on the game.. You may not take the game serious, but doesn't mean everyone does, i know i do.. As if i didn't i'd probably bore of it very easily. He strides to be the best so why take that away from the guy.. I know if i had to choose between fighting with him or against him i'd stand side by side with him..

So unless you have something constructive to say apart from, stfu, or your a newb! let the guy have his say and stop trolling..

Good on you Marmist as well for not backing down when 80% of this thread is against you..

Arkhell #123 Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostxTheArtOfWarx, on 31 May 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

stuff

shhh you shouldnt'tell teh truth you'll get downvoted ;)

people, for most people winrating shows that they are average, when you have a high winrating and doing loads of battles it's prolly not only platoon and company battles, so that means you actually have an influence on the battle's outcome which means you have skill and are better then the average run of the mill player, denieing this is like saying the earth is flat.

as for saying premium account and gold to use free exp to skip stock tanks is cheating ratings... sigh it's an option adn if you have teh disposable income to skip stock parts and go straight to the best stuff it's not cheating it's not wasting time with useless tanks. You would rather have a decently equiped tank over a stock tank wouldn't you?

for everyone saying MARMIST has no skill and his ratings are all luck, i have one abbreviation for you: roflmao

Lord_WC #124 Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles

View Postarminofme, on 31 May 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

*snip*

Lol. I'm a man of reason. I listen to rational, intelligent suggestions/argument. Emotional ones, I tend to disregard. You still speak nonsense.

I want to farm 6,5 mil credit to get my t10 for example. I have a Löwe. If I suicide because repair is oh so cheap as you said I earn around 20k profit in 3 minutes and my second best farming option is a t5 which earns 20k profit in 6 minutes. So it's 40k in 9 minutes.

Or I don't play like an idiot and earn around 60k profit in 6-8 minutes in the first match.

Just consider the following: credit gained = damage done multiplied by a tank coefficient. Löwe has a high coefficient because of its high tiered premium nature, and it does much-much more damage than a t5. It's in every farmer's best interest to stay in that tank and keep shooting the longer the better, because there is no other tank which gives you so much credit for every shot made.

And still you say that repair is so cheap that I go and have myself massacred. That's a terribly stupid argument. Probably you feel that is4s camping behind arty because 'repair costs are too much' is fine as well, right? And I find it hilarious how YOU deicided that I deicided that I won't change my mind. Hypocrite much?

Btw can you tell me what fast farming for creds has to do with someone bashing löwe pilots?

Small_Bob #125 Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5659 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postarkhell, on 01 June 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

for everyone saying MARMIST has no skill and his ratings are all luck, i have one abbreviation for you: roflmao

I don't think I've seen anybody say that. He's doubtless a skilled player. What we are saying is that he's using tricks to make his tank more relevant to battles than the average player does. If you continually play in a maxed out or close to maxed out tank with the best weapons available, you'll have more impact on the battles you fight simply by virtue of the fact that your damage output is on average higher than a player who doesn't. It just costs a lot of gold to do.

Then if you mostly fight in platoons, you at least have 1 or 2 people that you can co-ordinate with, which makes you even more relevant to the course of the battle.

Then if you always only play the best available tank tree...

None of this would matter if he was a bad player though, however as a good player it gives him an important edge in the statistics game. So what does this make MARMIST? It makes him a skilled player who's been taught how to stack the deck in his favour (he admits earlier in this thread that he got his knowledge from another player). It doesn't make him the "best player on the server" or a particularly brilliant tactician, despite what he and his cheerleader squad would like us to believe.

For reference I have a 59% win ratio in a M3 Lee. Why? Because I held off jumping in to it till I could get the better gun, engine and suspension with free xp. I did this because I knew I would hate the tank and I wanted to be out of it as quickly as I could. And I'm not even particularly good, and it boosted my w/l ratio by nearly 10%.

*Edit - My problem with MARMIST is not his skill. It's his obnoxious whining about a percentile loss and blatant attention whoring I object to.

Imaluk #126 Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11500 battles
Yeah I don't get it either, fastest so far has been 140k in 8 minutes or so... yeah I really did well that match. But there's no way suiciding would have gotten anywhere close to that amount. Only way that would make sense is you absolutely hated to play your premium tank... which doesn't make much sense anyway. Cause they're really really fun too play.

And I agree that a 70% w/l percentage does say something, yes there's 14 others, but when you can take out half the enemy team solo... you only really need 8 people to get 1 kill each... big chance that they'll be able to do that. Or if you can defend a good choke letting your team cap across the other flank... or.... or.... lots of ways that 1 person can make all the difference. Yesterday I had a match that after 4 minutes was 4 against their 10 top tanks.... 4 minutes later it was our 2 tanks against their 0... great teamwork, good flanking and positioning from the others, beekaboo and dead accuracy from me... it helps that people really want to kill a Löwe and we came out on top. 1600xp and 140k credits. And tons and tons of fun.

And that just makes those matches we're you just don't have the firepower to take out the opposing team all the more frustrating, no matter how good your wolf pack is.... if their top 6 are heavies and your top 6 is meds, it doesn't really matter what the rest of the team is like... you are gonna lose if those heavies aren't afk or complete... you know.

@Small_Bob: If you look at his statistics in game... it is rather impressive. But indeed with high tier fully upgraded tanks and lots of experience... with lower tier tanks he's done well but not so impressive as to be mind blowing. And while I don't agree with his "high w/l players getting teamed with bad players" theory. It's just random sometimes you end up with game upon game where you wonder if they're driving by slamming their heads into the keyboard or actually playing the game and other games you just know the enemy team got all of em.

BUT he has a very good point about meds vs heavies as the top tanks IMHO. All tank types should have a maximum difference or + 1 or 2 tanks, not just SPGs IMO. Cause it's not just meds vs heavies. Spawning with 8 td en 2 arti on himmelsdorf... vs enemy team with only 1 td en 1 arti......

ArtofWars #127 Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20928 battles

I don't think I've seen anybody say that. He's doubtless a skilled player. What we are saying is that he's using tricks to make his tank more relevant to battles than the average player does. If you continually play in a maxed out or close to maxed out tank with the best weapons available, you'll have more impact on the battles you fight simply by virtue of the fact that your damage output is on average higher than a player who doesn't. It just costs a lot of gold to do.

Oh come on, isn't that what everyone strives to do? and seriously the t54 is a hard tank to play if you don't know how to play it.. I seriously don't mind coming up against them, unless in a skilled players hands.. And who doesn't use Free XP to make a stock tank better, i know it's the first thing i check when getting close to researching a new tech tree

shhh you shouldnt'tell teh truth you'll get downvoted

I really don't care about that, if people took the time to check my other posts on this forum, they would see i'm not doing what half of them are here and trolling..

Lord_WC #128 Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles
I don't think anyone should brand him for playing a strong tank. It's a perfectly rational decision. I for one never understood people who pick the most UP vehicle and then whine because it is bad.

I had two problems: first the way he expresses himself (not too much with this really as we are all different, not a big deal, however due to this I think I misunderstood his first few posts) second claiming something without backup data.

If you think the matchmaker is really biased to extreme win/loss ratio, back it up with data. I can't take a 'this stupid matchmaker is biased because I feel it' seriously, while a 'in my last 100 matches the average w/l of my teammates was 40%+-3% while mine is 70+%, here is the raw data' post would get me thinking.

Batina #129 Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10813 battles
Topic title is "T54 matchmaking after the patch". Subtitle "retarded" - did you mean as in "Im retarded"

Otherwise Im confused.

I.

Batina #130 Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10813 battles

View PostxTheArtOfWarx, on 31 May 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

Guys saying a 70% win ratio is all based on luck are talking a load of crap.. I've been in games against and with Marmist, and yes he probably is one, if not the best player on EU Server.. This guy knows exactly how to react to each situation of the game, heavies clashing on a hill.. He'll do his damn best to flank them and relieve pressure, guys capping base.. He'll get back there.. He's got a tactical mind that if your in a game with him and listen to his suggestions (not orders) your chance of winning probably goes up ten fold, Okay he's raged a bit about the whole scenario, but don't all jump on the bandwagon and start flaming him, neg repping him because you know he has a point, the matchmaking is well and truly screwed..

Oh, and don't give me the crap flaming him because he like's to be competitive, he's paying money just like any of us are and i think he has a damn right to voice his concerns on the game.. You may not take the game serious, but doesn't mean everyone does, i know i do.. As if i didn't i'd probably bore of it very easily. He strides to be the best so why take that away from the guy.. I know if i had to choose between fighting with him or against him i'd stand side by side with him..

So unless you have something constructive to say apart from, stfu, or your a newb! let the guy have his say and stop trolling..

Good on you Marmist as well for not backing down when 80% of this thread is against you..

And it reflects basic idea.

70% win ratio =
5% more influence on battle
15% more then average due to OP tank in the first place / wrong matchmaking

15% more then average got sorted in patch by fair matchmaking. End of story. GL to all let your teammates not be more noob then usual.
I say t54 is great tier 10 med tank...

I.

arminofme #131 Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22900 battles

View Postarminofme, on 31 May 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

you know .. as I was reading this Thread I realized you have your mind set and nothing I will say will EVER change it.

View PostLord_WC, on 01 June 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

And I find it hilarious how YOU deicided that I deicided that I won't change my mind. Hypocrite much?
it was a simple deduction. btw .. when someone "deducts" something, he doesn't decide anything .. just like when someone "realizes" something. I have no idea if you decided or you simply refuse to but I have seen enough of cases like this to safely conclude(again .. it's not decide) you won't back down.
there is something I want you to think about though an old saying, goes something like this: "there is no smoke without a fire"

View PostLord_WC, on 01 June 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

Lol. I'm a man of reason. I listen to rational, intelligent suggestions/argument. Emotional ones, I tend to disregard. You still speak nonsense.
Btw can you tell me what fast farming for creds has to do with someone bashing löwe pilots?
I stated that cred farming differs from exp grinding, in the sense that the average credit farmer has no real interest in his team performing well for 2 distinct reasons: his credit gain isn't affected by match outcome like exp gain is and poor team(and self) performance still earns credits, unlike normal tanks who actually lose credits.

ps. I find it odd you mentioned a Tier5 tank when I specifically addressed that part to you, since you DO own a tier8. were you trying to sugar coat your argument to counter mine? because you have a tank who you want to farm exp with and as such you do have an reasonable option to switch to when your Lowe is in battle.

ps.2 if you would have bothered to ask I wouldn't have kept it a secret. yeah I have a problem with t8 premiums. the sudden influx of T8 tanks has created an artificial problem with the Matchmaker that severely affects tanks of Tier 6 and 7. It has become so bad that a Tier6 heavy tank has less then 10% battles where he is top tier(that is 1 out of 10 battles). None of these tanks stand any real chance against a T8 tank (witch btw was the same as before), the difference would be that when he was thrown in a match vs T8 there were only 1 or maybe 2 present and T6 was upper tier, now it's more like 3-4 and T6 is below middle with something like one third of battles being like these.
as you can see I have a problem with the addition of the tanks. do not mistake my assessment of the tank or their drivers performance with hatred against people willing to spend real money. I could care less about that.

PanzerStranski #132 Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22974 battles
  • [STUFK] STUFK
The w/l ratio defintly is relevant for the matchmaking system. If i team up with two of my buddies (all tier 5, they are new to the game and both have w/l ratio under 50) the matchmaking system puts us often in the weaker team cause of my higher w/l ratio. If some of my buddies creates the platoon, we usually ranked up higher and got better teamplayers in our team. Of cause this my personal impression but it happens too often to be just a coincidence. Im playing solo with t43 and would be happy to team up with Marmist one day. Its so much more fun to play together with skilled players who play for the team and not the kill counter.

Jamezdin #133 Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3880 battles

View PostAstarothPrime, on 01 June 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

Topic title is "T54 matchmaking after the patch". Subtitle "retarded" - did you mean as in "Im retarded"

Otherwise Im confused.

I.

I have to admit this post made me laugh pretty hard... :Smile_great:

Lord_WC #134 Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles

View Postarminofme, on 02 June 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

it was a simple deduction. btw ..

http://oxforddiction...inition/realize

'become fully aware of (something) as a fact'. You took it as a fact that I won't change my mind. But okay, let's say you chose a wrong word, no harm done.

View Postarminofme, on 02 June 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

I stated that cred farming differs from exp grinding...

Partly true. First you would be right if the enemy would have limitless hp, or a Löwe would do negligible damage. However as more often than not you are at the high end of the team and you doing damage means you either kill stuff in the process or leave them so crippled that anyone can finish it. And I wouldn't call poor performance if a player hurts a lot of tanks. Also - capping - gives creds, win - to a certain extent it gives creds (a static amount for tier), kill - no extra creds true, except knocking off that hp AND removing a threat to you so you can keep on shooting and earning. The only difference is I actively hunt down the remaining guys in Löwe while I usually just cap in a heavy.

ps1: No, not really. I specifically said my second best option to farm credits. T8s CAN farm credits with a decent platoon if you are almost sure you will win/make an impact of the game, sadly I lack a static platoon. It's more of a gamble and I would be better off to rape with KV-152 or SU-85. But again why on earth would I use a t5 when I can get three times the creds in a löwe? And no, I don't really use Löwe for xp farm. IS3 is damn sexy and I enjoyed seeing it on screen. BL9 suits more my style than the 105. Why should I play Löwe and convert xp when I enjoy playing the heavy I unlocked? My Löwe matches are for cred farm: putting vent/rammer/stab on all my tanks, buying IS4, ISU, object, and general costs (retraining, consumables - hell my BT7 is fun now with removed speed governor and oil, but gives around 10k loss in a round). It helps a ton if you have all the credits you need at your disposal.

ps2: If you checked that thread you could see the exact same reason come up there. You could also see that I agreed with it as a sensible one. It's kind of bad, and I'm sorry about it and all that, but courtesy aside, I won't spend triple the time to farm to make it easier for other players. And I don't think anyone would deserve bashing for it. Never saw a guy take a bullet for me deliberately in a random match, altruism is not for random matches.

bradbury #135 Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 2762 battles
  • [BFTR] BFTR
funny to see people complaining about t54 medium(not sure) tank

DigitalPsycho #136 Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3266 battles

View PostBatina, on 01 June 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

I say t54 is great tier 10 med tank...

The T54 is not a tier 10 tank it is tier 9, i don't have it after the patch, i'm working on it. But i had it in beta and u can't say the t54 is as good as a t10 heavy tank it is not.

And what i have read on the forums and heart in game, after the patch it thakes to mutch dmg and got down nerft like all the other mediums. But i don't play one, so is that the truth?

Mfg DP

GardenofSinners #137 Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hi
Im from the US server, therefore I cant check his detail stats on the T-54.
so...Could and of you mind taking a screenshot of his T-54s stat and share it with me please?
Regards

MrKristensen #138 Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1985 battles

View PostDigitalPsycho, on 16 June 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

u can't say the t54 is as good as a t10 heavy tank it is not.

Tier 10 mediums aren't supposed to be as good as a tier 10 heavy.

But since the IS-4 is tier 9, and that tank is incredible, the medium can be almost as incredible, and still be within the limitations of a medium in the same tier.

DigitalPsycho #139 Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3266 battles

View PostSirMoric, on 16 June 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

Tier 10 mediums aren't supposed to be as good as a tier 10 heavy.

But since the IS-4 is tier 9, and that tank is incredible, the medium can be almost as incredible, and still be within the limitations of a medium in the same tier.

i'm not sure what do u want to say, because ther are NO tier 10 mediums in this game!
The highest Medium what u can get is Tier 9.

minirhyder #140 Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11491 battles
Grow up dude. People don't play this game to listen to you, and they certainly don't play it to increase your w/l ratio.

Let's all get off the entitlement train here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users