T54 matchmaking after the patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

Panzerfausten #21 Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6596 battles
  • [MOP] MOP
I actually thought the people, like the writer of this thread, were just a myth, that scream IN CAPS for every nerf made to theyre precious soviet darlings. Now I see the countless people were right and not just stereotyping soviet drivers. There are people like MARMIST out there, ready to whine because they arent gettign the w/l they "deserve" because the devs are biased against theyre tanks, they got a bad team.. Yaadi yaadi yaada. Shit happens. Deal with it or change the game. I am actually going to tell you to go play CoD!

Guillotine #22 Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16858 battles
I like this new match making in a way when you get high  tier battles where lowest tier is 7-8 its nice even fight, Seen few games in past days that you get ~9x T9 tanks on both sides execpt other team has all those tier 9's as mediums and other team has heavys. Well you all know what happens to unorganized medium horde vs Heavy tanks of same tier ^^.

Btw T9 mediums have more or less same HP than same tier heavys.

MARMIST #23 Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostGuillotine, on 23 May 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

I like this new match making in a way when you get high  tier battles where lowest tier is 7-8 its nice even fight, Seen few games in past days that you get ~9x T9 tanks on both sides execpt other team has all those tier 9's as mediums and other team has heavys. Well you all know what happens to unorganized medium horde vs Heavy tanks of same tier ^^.

Btw T9 mediums have more or less same HP than same tier heavys.

If more or less means nearly 300 less, yes, more or less the same

RokRoland #24 Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13996 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
So, before patch your T-54 was matched against KTs and IS-3 in random battles, or other T9 mediums. Now you're being matched against IS-4 and VK4502, or other T9 mediums. Now your win ratio is plummeting hard.

The above are facts, first one from patch notes, and other one told by you. The conclusions here, then, are:

1) The previous matchmaking was imbalanced, favoring teams that had T9 mediums, and consequently drivers of T9 mediums
2) Part 1) means that by some parts your high win rate in T-54 was unjustified and really due to poor matchmaker creating unbalanced teams
3) You are now being placed into teams that are more equal with the opponents
4) Part 3) means that your win ratio is moving towards a number that reflects your skill more, and not OPness of T-54 in matchmaker
5) You deserve the experience you are having at this time (well, this conclusion really comes from the OP, not the two facts).

Pro tip: If you want T9 heavies in your team too, consider driving one, or platooning with someone who has one. It'll always work!

necrodeath #25 Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14485 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 20 May 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

1) Of all 15 people in my match, I know I'm always the only one who has 71%. WHy that ? Cause I'm 9th and the ones above me are using the hotckiss to improve their winning ratio. WHy do you think I win so much and all the others win less ? The one with 48% wins will probably cause your team to lose much more than the other onw with 71%. Cause the last one knows how to play.

I lol'd.
Play 1,4k battles without any clan mates or friends without converting exp and let's see your w/l.
W/L is the most useless stat there is if you use random battles. And don't try to tell me it actually means something when u got almost the whole herdin on one flank (mostly dying also) while you and perhaps 1-2 others try to defend the abandoned flank.

Guillotine #26 Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16858 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 23 May 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

If more or less means nearly 300 less, yes, more or less the same

Well fully upgradet IS-4 has 1790 hp Fully upgradet VK4502 has around 2k hp so depends wich one you compare, German tanks have more hp anyway.

MetalForever #27 Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9772 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 18 May 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

I wanna know how in hell the matchmaking was modified so that now if you drive a T54 you ONLY get paired with teammates with less than 52% winning ratio and less than 40% cerebral capability.
And you believe the enemy team consists only of people with a 60% win ratio? You want a team of ‘veterans’ to play against newbies? Where is the fun in that?

But hell, bring it back the old system and give me decent teammates PLEASE.
You cannot expect anything from a random battle, its random! But be sure that in general both teams have the same amount of noobs, epic failures etc.

If you don't have at least 58% you're not the target of my question.
Oh, look at me! I’m so good and everybody else is so bad! Oh, look at me! Seriously, your ego is the size of the Titanic. Stop whining, maybe then people will stop clicking the red ‘-‘ button below your posts.

Chocolat #28 Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7264 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

This is not just a game.

It is.

MARMIST #29 Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostRokRoland, on 23 May 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

So, before patch your T-54 was matched against KTs and IS-3 in random battles, or other T9 mediums. Now you're being matched against IS-4 and VK4502, or other T9 mediums. Now your win ratio is plummeting hard.

The above are facts, first one from patch notes, and other one told by you. The conclusions here, then, are:

1) The previous matchmaking was imbalanced, favoring teams that had T9 mediums, and consequently drivers of T9 mediums
2) Part 1) means that by some parts your high win rate in T-54 was unjustified and really due to poor matchmaker creating unbalanced teams
3) You are now being placed into teams that are more equal with the opponents
4) Part 3) means that your win ratio is moving towards a number that reflects your skill more, and not OPness of T-54 in matchmaker
5) You deserve the experience you are having at this time (well, this conclusion really comes from the OP, not the two facts).

Pro tip: If you want T9 heavies in your team too, consider driving one, or platooning with someone who has one. It'll always work!

1)Sorry but you're not telling the truth.
My complaint was not that I get matched against IS4 and other tier 9 heavies only.

My complaint was that since the patch I get paired against IS4 and other tier 9 heavies AND MY TEAM GEETS NEARLY ALWAYS TIER 9 MEDIUMS.

Ther's a gigantic difference.

2)When I'd drive my IS4 in closed beta I had no troubles killing T54s.

3)Heavies of the same tier are superior to mediums of the same tier. IS4 is superior to the T54 is both players have the same skill.

4) Too bad this means you have not checked my stats at all with all the other tanks. I have more than 70% with all of them. The T54 is my lowest winning tank. Next time check before talkin please. T54 is not the most op tank I have.

5) Good, so I deserve to have 71% overall. Thanks.

ProAnswer (Jesus Christ I just checked your stats  :D ) : I tried both Maus and IS7 in closed beta (got screenshots if you need), plus the T54. Even more, I tried every single tank (thanks to my clan) except the Pershing which I'm gonna grind immediately after getting the IS7 and the Object.
I have the IS3, I'm only 30k away from the IS4 and then in not more than one week I'll have the IS7. I know what I drive.

View Postnecrodeath, on 23 May 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

I lol'd.
Play 1,4k battles without any clan mates or friends without converting exp and let's see your w/l.
W/L is the most useless stat there is if you use random battles. And don't try to tell me it actually means something when u got almost the whole herdin on one flank (mostly dying also) while you and perhaps 1-2 others try to defend the abandoned flank.

I type when I play. I tell what to do to every single mate. Many times they don't listen, but many more they do.
I platoon, yes, so what ? It's good training for clan wars. I had 59% before closed beta ended. In release I just wanted to push to the limit to see what the maximum wins this game allows me to have before screwing the matchmaking and making me lose.  ;)

View PostGuillotine, on 23 May 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well fully upgradet IS-4 has 1790 hp

Still 140 hp more than a T54, with a gun that does much more damage and that can set me on fire or blow my ammo rack.
And an immortal turrett.

View PostMetalForever, on 23 May 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

Stop whining, maybe then people will stop clicking the red ‘-‘ button below your posts.

They'll do it anyway, so be it.

View PostChocolat, on 23 May 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

It is.

No it's not.

Axel_Foley #30 Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17770 battles
  • [ONKLZ] ONKLZ

View PostThor_Hammerschlag, on 19 May 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hello King Of Capslock,
Posted Image

Posted Image

necrodeath #31 Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14485 battles
They listen to you (well, the few matches ive been with you, you have had some good advice for some peeps)? all i get is "i/we know how to play u noob!!!" or something similiar to that and ending up in a loss within the first 3 mins, that's about 60% of the time i bother saying anything in the chat.  <_<
Few guys sometimes listen or do great on their own, but you can't do a damn against the 13 people that passed the other flank. I still usually show my respects for the few guys that did not go with the sheepherd and thought for themself.  :Smile-hiding:

As for the t54, it's not hard to kill with s-70, if it doesn't bounce every single damned AP round (even from side felt like 50/50), which it used to do alot. I had better luck getting a pene on another is4 hull when it was perfectly angled compared to a t54 rushing straigh towards you. Weakspots? no idea, i bounced on every possible part, haven't encoutered too many of em after 6.4 thought, but the few i have encountered seemed to bounce less. Either that or i secretly figured out where to aim.  :unsure:

How silly of me, i forgot what i was originally supposed to say:
Don't take it too seriously, all of us end in those teams that get outsmarted by their own shoe, and i do rage about them especially if i get sent into a few of them arow.

T54? I think it's still a great tank, just more balanced.

klesk #32 Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28883 battles

It's like a nightmare. I had 72% in closed beta with this tank. NOW 63% and it's gettin lower and lower. It has ruined my winning ratio down to 71% and I seem to always get paired AGAINST hordes of IS4s and in my team I seem to attract only mediums.

Maybe you should try growing a pair of balls?

MARMIST #33 Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View Postnecrodeath, on 23 May 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

well, the few matches ive been with you, you have had some good advice for some peeps

Oh nice  :)  do you remember if we won, also ?

Sharana #34 Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17772 battles
stop complaining against that T-54. It's good tank but it's not the imba you want from it to be. It's powerful against arty and TD's but you don't have a chance against heavy tanks (unless they are noobs). Meds are powerful against TD and arty - heavys against Mediumd and other heavys. So take it there will be no tank strong against everything!

fabse #35 Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 46035 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Well... after all the Marmist bashing I think I will be the first one to back him up a little ;) .

He basically is complaining about the fact that it happens from time to time, that one team gets the T9 heavies, and the other one gets the T9 Mediums as top tanks (for example one team gets two is4, the other one t54). Then there are a few T8 on each side and the rest is T7 and lower.
The problem is that the team with the mediums will have a very hard time winning because they lack powerful tanks that can actually engage the enemy T9 heavies headon.
Basically the match is balanced, but the team with the meds will have to use a lot of teamwork to succed (what will almost never happen in a random match), while the enemy heavies can just steamroll everything without too much trouble.
That is why these matches are often lost the moment they are randomly created.

SimonK #36 Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11841 battles
  • [RDDT2] RDDT2
fabse, it's not like it happens in t9 only. I'm driving a t-44 and very often I end up at the top of the team with a lowe/is-3/tiger2 on the other team. Meds on my side, heavies on theirs.

Jamezdin #37 Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3880 battles
I actually enjoy these games more, since they provide for a better challenge but true enough most times teamwork fails since its very hard to get organized, especially if its two or three T-54s vs two or three IS-4.

MadInAShed #38 Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20731 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View PostMARMIST, on 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

This is not just a game.   :angry:

View PostChocolat, on 23 May 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

It is.

View PostMARMIST, on 23 May 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

No it's not.

OH MY GOD! are you telling me I am actually driving round in REAL goddam tanks??

or

You are SO deluded that it is beyond funny!

View PostSmall_Bob, on 20 May 2011 - 02:48 AM, said:

MARMIST, you could have a 90% victory ratio and be the best tactician since Patton became a women and had Napoleon's lovechild and I still wouldn't listen to a damn thing you say.

Why? Because you act like a tool.

QFT

pouchy #39 Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11334 battles
@marmist
OMG you're so cool. Even ice cubes are jelous :D

Atren #40 Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11332 battles

View Postfabse, on 24 May 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

Well... after all the Marmist bashing I think I will be the first one to back him up a little ;) .

He basically is complaining about the fact that it happens from time to time, that one team gets the T9 heavies, and the other one gets the T9 Mediums as top tanks (for example one team gets two is4, the other one t54). Then there are a few T8 on each side and the rest is T7 and lower.
The problem is that the team with the mediums will have a very hard time winning because they lack powerful tanks that can actually engage the enemy T9 heavies headon.
Basically the match is balanced, but the team with the meds will have to use a lot of teamwork to succed (what will almost never happen in a random match), while the enemy heavies can just steamroll everything without too much trouble.
That is why these matches are often lost the moment they are randomly created.

You are aware this is not T54 issue? Any tier with mediums and heavies suffer from this issue. Considering how much he has played the game (it is game) I am sure he is aware of it, but just so fixated on his own performanse. This rant would have had far better reception if he had left winning % out and concentrated on the issue of mediums equaling heavies in matchmaking.

In fact I would say most, if not all including myself, totally support that it is imbalanced matchmaking. However, the rant part is like red cloth to bull (albeit I seem to recall reading somewhere that is actually myth) and people comment that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users