T54 matchmaking after the patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

Benden #41 Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14089 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 18 May 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Ok, here I am. 71% winning ratio player, nothing strange.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE T54 ?!?!?!?

I wanna know how in hell the matchmaking was modified so that now if you drive a T54 you ONLY get paired with teammates with less than 52% winning ratio and less than 40% cerebral capability. Tier 9 mediums will have increased matchmaking value you said ? What does it mean ? That we get less than 50% wins mates ?

It's like a nightmare. I had 72% in closed beta with this tank. NOW 63% and it's gettin lower and lower. It has ruined my winning ratio down to 71% and I seem to always get paired AGAINST hordes of IS4s and in my team I seem to attract only mediums. Like we 3 T54 and 2 panthers 2 ALWAYS NOT UPGRADED and them 4 IS4s and T34 FULL UPGRADED. I still have to meet a Panther 2 with the 105mm in my team. What the hell ?!!?!? I do my best, play at best, try to tell them what to do and the result is "iddofclol can you expect people to do what you say lolwtf,dude stfugtfoplzkthxcya"

I see my team dying like flies and they're happy to do it !  :)  "Hey dude know's just a game right ?"

Something has been modified to get more credits, I see it. But hell, bring it back the old system and give me decent teammates PLEASE. IT's 2 consecutive nights that I rage quit. Like I said, it's like a nightmare.

Any other 58%plus wins T54 player experiencing this ? If you don't have at least 58% you're not the target of my question.

Lol Marmist, at first I thought this post was written on 2nd degre. Oh my, nice if those are your only worries in the game  :Smile-bajan2:

Bulcsu #42 Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

Why don't I play German tanks ? Nice question ! Here's the answer : CAUSE I AM WEAK.

The Tiger is simply inferior. I will go German line when they buff it. As for now I am a joke.

This is what I got from this post, anyone else?

Intruder313 #43 Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8644 battles
Putting aside the nonsense about W/L Ratios I think this is touching on a bug in the matchmaking, certainly bad programming. The bug I refer to is where it stacks the same tank in a big pile in one team and then the other team gets a big pile of a different tanks.
Then you get 5 x T29 vs 5 x Tiger etc. Where this really hurts you is not just when same-tier tanks are mismatched but when one team gets 5 top Mediums vs 5 top Heavies.
As a Panther driver I all too-often see this sort of thing at the top of the list:

T-54 v IS-4
Panther v IS-3
Panther v IS-3
Panther v IS-3

Now sure I've won those games by instigating a speed-cap once the heavies are bogged down brawling but if you get in a straight fight you are almost certainly doomed.

Somewhere in the mechanics of sorting the matches it's clearly pooling identical tanks and allocating them in batches.

pouchy #44 Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11334 battles

View PostBulcsu, on 24 May 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

:D

Atren #45 Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11332 battles
To be fair only thing that is remotely balanced in matchmaking are artilleries as one side can't be without one. Of course there is some difference in quality in them and their number can differ by one (at least I do not recall ever seeing 2 more on one side). Tank destroyers on other hand suffer same issue as medium vs heavy, one side can have plethora of them while other can have 0.

Alejando #46 Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18527 battles
  • [LBG] LBG
holy negreps batman

MARMIST #47 Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostBenden, on 24 May 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

Lol Marmist, at first I thought this post was written on 2nd degre. Oh my, nice if those are your only worries in the game  :Smile-bajan2:

It is.  :Smile_great:

View PostBulcsu, on 24 May 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

Nice thing hiding your stats, shows sincerity  :rolleyes:

kymrel #48 Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32325 battles
It might be slightly off topic but the other day I was in my T32 and on the opposite team was none other than Marmist in his T-54. I did not really notice who was driving that single T-54 on the other team. It was on Lakeville and my team and I failed pretty bad. I went down in the village, the last heavy remaining on that side of the map facing an IS-4 and one other tank from the front, and then got flanked by an annoying little T-54. I knew my number was up and concentrated on doing damage on other tanks as the T-54 could run rings around me, with my tank more or less perma-tracked. In the end that T-54 got the killing blow on my tank.

I then watched the rest of the match. It did not take too long. But as I did I remembered the name of the cocky T-54 player from the forums. And watched as he tore the rest of my team a new one. He got 8 kills in that battle. Say what you will about how he comes across on the forums, but you better hope if you meet him in battle that you are on his side  :Smile-hiding:

kymrel #49 Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32325 battles

View Postintruder313, on 24 May 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Putting aside the nonsense about W/L Ratios I think this is touching on a bug in the matchmaking, certainly bad programming. The bug I refer to is where it stacks the same tank in a big pile in one team and then the other team gets a big pile of a different tanks.
I agree with this. This is "working as intended" and is "designed to add variety" according to the developers, but I find it horribly annoying as I really love driving medium tanks.

Bulcsu #50 Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 24 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

Actually this is my primary forum account.  I play on the Russian server but I don't speak Russian so I use these forums.  Here is  my Russian account.

How do you know the account I linked you to is me?  Well, I'm Hungarian and my in-game names come from Hungarian history.  "Bloody" Bulcsu was a Magyar general during the invasion of Europe in the 900s.  He was a Leroy Jenkins kind of screw-up who sent his men into a slaughter Rambo-style (Battle of Lechfeld, it was raining and the Magyar bows weren't working.  Instead of waiting for better weather he sent his light cavalry to fight hand-to-hand with heavy cavalry...What a noob!  Everyone knows medium tanks should use their speed and maneuverability to flank or dogfight heavies rather than fighting them straight up.  Oh, wait, we're talking horses...).

After their defeat, Vajk (another Magyar leader) made a deal with the Catholic Church in order to save his people.  They agreed to become Catholic and to cease all hostilities towards other Catholic peoples.  In exchange, they were allowed to settle in present-day Hungary and parts of Romania.  After his coronation as king, Vajk became known as Saint Stephen of Hungary.

Vlauski #51 Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9662 battles
wow, +70% winning ratio is indeed awesome job dude. But it wont give you authorisation to mock down other players who got winning ratio "just" around 50%. You should take a look kill ratios and what vehicles they use etc. As you allready said, german armors got big disadvantage compared russian ones so i would rate high players who can reach good stats with em!
Anyways gonna salut ur victory ratio  :Smile_honoring:

VictorixMagna #52 Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2764 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 24 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

It is.  :Smile_great:

one thing i really dont understand about you @marmist.
your a good player, sure you are - and your stat looks great.

like you said in a previous post, your an experienced beta player and you played most of the hightier tanks - now your pushing the limit with the experience you have (avoid stock tanks, playing the "strongest" tanks, playing with modules you buy with credits/gold and so on..nothing wrong with it)

BUT

your bashing us "newbies" looking at our stats - we dont have the experience, we dont have the knowledge about the maps - the crewskills - the modules and much more ...some of us play with german tanks ( weak), some of us
never play in platoons ( can be many reasons) ..and most of us are about 50:50
on my opinion, thats not that bad for a new one, trying out many tanks - many stock tanks.

you said your on your way to is4, 30k to go - cant see a match with an is3 in your stat? ..but how about playing the is3 as stock? playing the is3 with the 122mm from IS - grinding( dying) the way up to bl9 - mostly with enemys you cant really hurt without that gun ( well yes, you can - but the bl9 makes the is3 much more fun -  without gold, modules,free xp and platoons?
that would badly ruin your stats - so your not doing it - well, ok - i understand why - but dont blaim others because they must/want do it on that way.
and let me guess, your first round with is4 will be with 130mm, without that the is4 is just a "better" is3. 66k free xp again just for the weapon if i remember right..(dont know atm if the 130mm needs the second turret)
so your is4 stat will from the first beginning not really significant.

i dont blaim you for that  - but there is no reason to bash the rest of us..grinding us up the real- hard way.

your maybe a great player, but your an arrogant person - thats the reason you get that much bashing.
and thats nothing to be proud.

well, at the end .. i dont care, and you neither.

MARMIST #53 Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostSgtViltsu, on 25 May 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

wow, +70% winning ratio is indeed awesome job dude. But it wont give you authorisation to mock down other players who got winning ratio "just" around 50%. You should take a look kill ratios and what vehicles they use etc. As you allready said, german armors got big disadvantage compared russian ones so i would rate high players who can reach good stats with em!
Anyways gonna salut ur victory ratio  :Smile_honoring:

Thanks dude. You're surely more intelligent that many before you in this thread  :Smile_honoring:
Only problem is that until now I haven't seen a single German only player with at least 58% with them. Except one. He's in our clan. And he's indeeed awesome.

View PostVictorixMagna, on 25 May 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

1)one thing i really dont understand about you @marmist.
your a good player, sure you are - and your stat looks great.

2) like you said in a previous post, your an experienced beta player and you played most of the hightier tanks - now your pushing the limit with the experience you have (avoid stock tanks, playing the "strongest" tanks, playing with modules you buy with credits/gold and so on..nothing wrong with it)

BUT

3)your bashing us "newbies" looking at our stats - we dont have the experience, we dont have the knowledge about the maps - the crewskills - the modules and much more ...some of us play with german tanks ( weak), some of us
never play in platoons ( can be many reasons) ..and most of us are about 50:50
on my opinion, thats not that bad for a new one, trying out many tanks - many stock tanks.

4)you said your on your way to is4, 30k to go - cant see a match with an is3 in your stat? ..but how about playing the is3 as stock? playing the is3 with the 122mm from IS - grinding( dying) the way up to bl9 - mostly with enemys you cant really hurt without that gun ( well yes, you can - but the bl9 makes the is3 much more fun -  without gold, modules,free xp and platoons?
that would badly ruin your stats - so your not doing it - well, ok - i understand why - but dont blaim others because they must/want do it on that way.
and let me guess, your first round with is4 will be with 130mm, without that the is4 is just a "better" is3. 66k free xp again just for the weapon if i remember right..(dont know atm if the 130mm needs the second turret)
so your is4 stat will from the first beginning not really significant.

5)i dont blaim you for that  - but there is no reason to bash the rest of us..grinding us up the real- hard way.
your maybe a great player, but your an arrogant person - thats the reason you get that much bashing.
and thats nothing to be proud.

6)well, at the end .. i dont care, and you neither.

1) :Smile_honoring:

2)  :Smile_great:

3) First lie. I never bashed ANYBODY in this thread. I just said that I only want the opinion of experienced drivers. Not one of the thousands of T54 players this game has now. PLaying German tanks ? When I joined this game, playing only GErman tanks (I was a fanboy), I reached 52%. Then I met a great player, in a battle. He surprised me. Really. Then I IMMEDIATELY contacted him. Told him "hi there please can we play together ? Can you teach me what you know". He said "YEs sure". And he told me everything.
Have you ever had the will to do something like this ? The only thing that AS FOR NOW doesn't allow me to do this is that I need to concentrate all my forces in getting the IS7 (only 160k left) cause we need it for clanwar. And I have no time to lose.

4) I stood like a statue for like half an hour after reading this part.
I don't have a single match in my IS3 !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you drunk ?

Posted Image

Here you go.

PLus yes, my IS4 will have the 130mm since the beginning. So what ? If other guys don't want to grind free exp to avoit it, is it my fault ? PLus, if you're a noob, YOU WILL SUCK with your IS4 as well as with a A20.

I've seen IS4 players with 48% winning ratioI've seen a IS7 player with 37%. AS for the first 5 battles with the IS4 I won 4. With 1k exp average.

5) I haven't bashed anybody. I just said that I need certain opinions.

6) False. I care about opinions. Especially sincere ones.  :Smile_honoring:

MetalForever #54 Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9772 battles
Dude, you still don't get it? People agree with your post about T9 medium being grouped against T9 heavy's, but they rage at your fixation at win ratio and apparent disrespect for anybody with a less than awesome win ratio! Half the players don't give a shit about win ratio and it looks like you judge people on that single criteria. They feel offended. It doesn't matter how you intended things, it's all about how other people interpret it.

MARMIST #55 Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostMetalForever, on 25 May 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Dude, you still don't get it? People agree with your post about T9 medium being grouped against T9 heavy's, but they rage at your fixation at win ratio and apparent disrespect for anybody with a less than awesome win ratio! Half the players don't give a shit about win ratio and it looks like you judge people on that single criteria. They feel offended. It doesn't matter how you intended things, it's all about how other people interpret it.

Then this be clear. I DO NOT DISRESPECT the guys with low winning ratio. I never said this. They interpreted this bad.

MetalForever #56 Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9772 battles

View PostMARMIST, on 25 May 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Then this be clear. I DO NOT DISRESPECT the guys with low winning ratio. I never said this. They interpreted this bad.
Are you kidding me? Did you even notice the parts I put in bold?

I said that all that is happening, is that for the entire world it looks like you disrespect guys with a less than awesome win ratio. Thus, next time, maybe you could think twice about the words you use to prevent a hail of '-' reps and people raging against your use of words, not against the point you try to make.

Clear now?

necrodeath #57 Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14485 battles
I love how u bold the w/l ratios. Dont use platoon and get bad luck with teams and that's the w/l u get.

E: They interept it bad because of your poor choice of words.

Galm1 #58 Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25390 battles
First of all, I'd like to apologize for what happened 2 days ago, I did not intend to troll you, if that's the case, again I apologize.
The point I was trying to make with that phrase was actually the choice of words, a 71~72% w/l is worth of respect, especially since you never used (as you said) low premium tanks to farm victories.

Only problem is that until now I haven't seen a single German only player with at least 58% with them. Except one. He's in our clan. And he's indeeed awesome.
I've got a fluctuating 54~55% w/l on my JP, guess that's close to 58%, even if it isn't yet 58%. The only thing I get from that higher w/l is that feeling of being more useful to the team, even if you just shot HE ammo against higher tanks which you can't penetrate. I don't consider it a "skill level indicator", more like of a luck factor and/or contributing ratio (along with damage dealt).

MARMIST #59 Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles

View PostMetalForever, on 25 May 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

reps and people raging against your use of words, not against the point you try to make.

View Postnecrodeath, on 25 May 2011 - 09:40 PM, said:

I love how u bold the w/l ratios. Dont use platoon and get bad luck with teams and that's the w/l u get.

E: They interept it bad because of your poor choice of words.

I say it again. You don't get bad luck for 1,6k battles.

Then, English is not my motherlanguage. This might be the problem.

View PostGalm1, on 25 May 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

First of all, I'd like to apologize for what happened 2 days ago, I did not intend to troll you, if that's the case, again I apologize.
The point I was trying to make with that phrase was actually the choice of words, a 71~72% w/l is worth of respect, especially since you never used (as you said) low premium tanks to farm victories.
I've got a fluctuating 54~55% w/l on my JP, guess that's close to 58%, even if it isn't yet 58%. The only thing I get from that higher w/l is that feeling of being more useful to the team, even if you just shot HE ammo against higher tanks which you can't penetrate. I don't consider it a "skill level indicator", more like of a luck factor and/or contributing ratio (along with damage dealt).

Lolwut, what happened 2 days ago ? Oh, for that sentence during the battle ? Lol, don't worry, you didn't say anything trolly.
I never used the hotchkiss or M6 premium right after the release, no. I have an M6 now cause I purchased the heavy package from a friend who had 2 and I have onle 3 battles with it. I have 38 (thirty-eight) battles with the T2 light tank, but 38 battles don't make a difference on 1,6k. I just play it for the lulz from time to time.
I idn't say it, it's checkable in my stats page.

Actually, in these last weeks I've been not only giving attention to the winning ratio, especially in my clan, but also to the average exp AND DAMAGE DONE. Cause if somebody has 60% wins but 600 exp per battle or 1k damage average with tier 8 heavies, it's obvious that he's platooning with good guys and taking advantage of them.
But still let me tell you that luck doesn't count on 2k battles.

Galm1 #60 Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25390 battles
Well, I don't have premium, I don't play heavies so my avg XP is low, but I guess 45x xp/game on T-44 without premium is just fine (it dropped cause of LOLstock S-53 gun).
And that's another thing that should be considered, not everyone will have a high avg because they may not be able to buy gold or don't want to throw any gold in what is really a F2P game (like me, altho I'm tempted to convert that hefty 16k XP).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users