Permanent. Explain what that means WG!

unfair deception theft scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

El_Idiot #1 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

What does WG means with the word 'Permanent' ?

The dictionary says about permanent:

For ever, staying, continues (here: sorry in Dutch. Live with it or look up the word in your local dictionary).

So if I spend a shitload of Gold/Credits on rations for my tanks and it clearly say 'permanent 10% improvement for the crew` in the description, I expect it to be permanent. So not to be bought after every battle. The same as it is with the big repair and health sets. You can use it once and loose it or don`t use them at all and just have them on board for the benefit they give (less change of injury and faster repair).

So WG. Define your interpretation of 'Permanent'. (One choice only. Not if this then and if not then something else.)

For me: I feel robbed, scammed, cheated on, ripped of.

Crooq_Lionfang #2 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS
Wait, do I understand correctly that OP complains that a consumable is being consumed?

Aim_Drol #3 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24136 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I suppose so. So I guess the OP should ask himself what the word "consumable" means.

Superbigel #4 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54 battles
Isnt that permanent for the course of the battle?

RobvEijndhoven #5 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2891 battles

Oi! Stop reinforcing the stereotypical views I already have of Limburgers.

Also: Someone picked their name right.

Edited by RobvEijndhoven, 20 April 2014 - 08:22 PM.

El_Idiot #6 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

No people.

I know damn well what consumable means. But if they put in the word permanent with a consumable I expect it to be in one way or the other to be so.

View PostSuperbigel, on 20 April 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Isnt that permanent for the course of the battle?

Yes. That was my idea also. The same as the special fuel and oil you can get to improve speed.

But it gets a little bit out of perspection if some consumables with the tag permanent are really permanent (meaning lasting over many battles as long as you don`t use them. For example the fire extinguisers, small health sets and stuff) and some others ain`t.

Try it yourself.

Put in a big repairset. Don`t use it. Just see that it will repair faster then if not installed. After the battle you don`t have to replace it. It is still there and doing it`s job. Permanent although it is a consumable. The same will go for the big health set and for that every consumable you install and don`t use.

So what I am trying to say here is that WG should get it`s descriptions right. Otherwise the stuff they are selling and the info they give about it could be considered misinformation to gain profit. Still a criminal offense.

View PostRobvEijndhoven, on 20 April 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Oi! Stop reinforcing the stereotypical views I already have of Limburgers.

Also: Someone picked their name right.

If you have a stereotypical view of whom or what ever, then it says more about you (in a very negative way) then of those you 'view'. I think they call it short sighted, stupid or some where along that line of thought.

Yes I picked that name right. I love to play like an Idiot...it is fun....because that is what that game is about...no? Fun? But fun can be destroyed by things like this.

I play fair and square. No cheating on my part. I see this as cheating from WG....say something and don`t live up to it.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Did you really expect to get a 10% buff to repair speed every time you mount and use a large repair kit permanently?

No its an indication, well since WG expects most players to have half a working brain. Its so that when you USE the kit and its NOT in your slots ANYMORE.... you still get the 10% repair speed buff for the duration of the battle. We could argue that WG could add the side note that its only for that battle. But since its a consumable. Most had already figured that part out.

Crooq_Lionfang #8 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS

WOT Wiki 

Adds a flat 10% to the training level of all roles and crew skills for one entire match, so 75% would become 85%, etc. Perks are also affected, but only through diminishing returns. This bonus is still added to crews that have reached a 100% base training level (hence they would have a skill of 110%). There is no activation, the item is consumed automatically at the start of a battle and the effect is triggered.

wims80 #9 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles
It's very poorly worded by WG tho, even if it's naive for OP to expect a consumable bonus to last permanently

JemmaLou #10 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 10300 battles
it says 'for the course of the battle' so it's obvious the things like pudding and tea get used up

El_Idiot #11 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 April 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Did you really expect to get a 10% buff to repair speed every time you mount and use a large repair kit permanently?

No its an indication, well since WG expects most players to have half a working brain. Its so that when you USE the kit and its NOT in your slots ANYMORE.... you still get the 10% repair speed buff for the duration of the battle. We could argue that WG could add the side note that its only for that battle. But since its a consumable. Most had already figured that part out.

To be honest about the 10% speed,yes. But then again I am still a n00b considering this game. So still learning and the only way I can learn is to question the things I encounter, hoping on more experienced players to enlighten me with constructive reply. In this case I thank you Balcora. Lesson learned.

Ulv_Jaeger #12 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

Large repair kit is 'permanent', until or unless used to make an instant fix for which the description sates 'single use only', but it's still ambiguous to whether it can be used once for a fix per battle,  or is used up by an instant fix.

Chocolate should be labelled 'For one battle only'.

In general the descriptions are ambiguous and should be fixed.

Gleb_Reawer #13 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28806 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I've only found the Removed Speed Governor to be reusable. I was a bit surprised but then again it damages your engine when it's turned on, so I'm fine with it.

wims80 #14 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles
It's reusable, but it costs you 3k every time you take it to a battle

El_Idiot #15 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

View PostGleb_Reawer, on 20 April 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

I've only found the Removed Speed Governor to be reusable. I was a bit surprised but then again it damages your engine when it's turned on, so I'm fine with it.

Muhahaha...same over here...burned out an engine or 5 with that crappy thing.

But you put the finger on the right thing here bro.

With the removed speed governor they tell you it can be used more then once. But then again (using my tin foil hat) for the removal of the speed governor you don`t have to spent a lot of credits or gold. Damnd aliens!

View PostUlv_Jaeger, on 20 April 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Large repair kit is 'permanent', until or unless used to make an instant fix for which the description sates 'single use only', but it's still ambiguous to whether it can be used once for a fix per battle,  or is used up by an instant fix.

Chocolate should be labelled 'For one battle only'.

In general the descriptions are ambiguous and should be fixed.

Aye m8. That is my point. Tell n00dles like me what is and what is not. Clear language, not once this and the other that.

Consumables.

To be consumated at your whil. Not to be shuffed down your throat wether you like it or not. If so then tell so!

I thought initialy that the ration could be used like you use all consumables. Hit the button to activate it. I got thrown of track with the word 'permanent'.

Considering the price these things have...could well be.

View PostCrooq_Lionfang, on 20 April 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Thank you Crooq for that Wiki article. I am just sorry I didn`t read that on forehand. I guess I won`t be playing for some time......have so much reading to do...........

Serious Crooq, thanks for the link, apreciated. It`s just that it is impossible to know all about this game. In my opinion WG should be more carefull in how they name and sell things to their customers.

El_Idiot #16 Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

View Postwims80, on 20 April 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

??!! :ohmy:

Come again?

I kicked those things off my tanks, but never had to pay 3K for them......I think and bloody well hope.

Edited by El_Idiot, 20 April 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Merdis #17 Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26767 battles

View Postwims80, on 20 April 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

That statement  is not true in case of Removed Speed Governor. You buy it only once and then you can use it in all battles in the future.

Lepr0n #18 Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28258 battles
  • [V24] V24
If you consume something, it is not permanent, else i'd be eating my cookie, aaall the damn time! 

taattis #19 Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23202 battles
  • [OLENI] OLENI
It is indeed very poorly worded.

Crooq_Lionfang #20 Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS

View PostEl_Idiot, on 20 April 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Muhahaha...same over here...burned out an engine or 5 with that crappy thing.

But you put the finger on the right thing here bro.

With the removed speed governor they tell you it can be used more then once. But then again (using my tin foil hat) for the removal of the speed governor you don`t have to spent a lot of credits or gold. Damnd aliens!

Aye m8. That is my point. Tell n00dles like me what is and what is not. Clear language, not once this and the other that.

Consumables.

To be consumated at your whil. Not to be shuffed down your throat wether you like it or not. If so then tell so!

I thought initialy that the ration could be used like you use all consumables. Hit the button to activate it. I got thrown of track with the word 'permanent'.

Considering the price these things have...could well be.

Thank you Crooq for that Wiki article. I am just sorry I didn`t read that on forehand. I guess I won`t be playing for some time......have so much reading to do...........

Serious Crooq, thanks for the link, apreciated. It`s just that it is impossible to know all about this game. In my opinion WG should be more carefull in how they name and sell things to their customers.

All sarcasm aside, the very nature of this kind of consumables and the power they bring lead me to the conclusion, that they are spent per battle. You drink coffee, eat rations and whatnot, they are used up - and from using them up your guys get stronger until all those calories are burned. When you have a nice breakfast you feel better as well for a few hours, don't you?

Now, if permanent wouldn't mean "permanent through the duration of a battle" it would mean that either you only have to ever use one ration per crew to make them 10% stronger forever, or the effect is stackable - which would mean that you could run around with a 1000% crew after just 10 battles. that would be quite overpowered now, wouldn't it? Or you mention the passive 10% increase in repair speed while you have a large repair kit on board and don't use it. That consumable would give you 10% to repair, to aiming speed, to your commanders spotting skills, to accuracy, to your drivers skills of moving at higher speed and turning, to your crews camouflage skills and basically a trillion other things (and sometimes even perks). Wouldn't it a little illogical to have all this for a one time investment at the same price of that repair kit? Maybe you come to different conclusions, to me it sounds logical considering all this.

Also tagged with unfair, deception, theft, scam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users