unfair deception theft scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Slyspy #21 Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15296 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
To be fair to the OP the nature of consumables is inconsistent. Premium kit has a passive effect which does not consume the unit. Most are one use only if actively consumed. Some are automatically consumed whereas one isn't really  a consumable at all! Also translations can render sentences which are perfectly clear in English into a more ambiguous form.

incurably #22 Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 43078 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostAim_Drol, on 20 April 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I suppose so. So I guess the OP should ask himself what the word "consumable" means.

View PostAim_Drol, on 20 April 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I suppose so. So I guess the OP should ask himself what the word "consumable" means.

i did not reread the choclate/other for this

but if it say permanent 10% increase and you consume it 

wouldn't that mean that you now have 10% more effective crew and next game you do the same and now it is 10%*10% more effective :P

than again most of the rule nazis dont take the "rules" that serious 

El_Idiot #23 Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

Thanks to all who took the time and made the effort to react.

For me it is clear now. I`ve learned the lesson the hard way, the expensive way.

Next time I will check the Wiki  first (Thanks again Crooq) before purchase.

But I think that we all can agree on the fact that WG should do something about the discription of some good. Make it all more consistent.

jabster #24 Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSlyspy, on 21 April 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

To be fair to the OP the nature of consumables is inconsistent. Premium kit has a passive effect which does not consume the unit. Most are one use only if actively consumed. Some are automatically consumed whereas one isn't really  a consumable at all! Also translations can render sentences which are perfectly clear in English into a more ambiguous form.

When I first read the OP I thought ... not another whine thread but I did then go and read the descriptions - my bad, it's not that obvious as to how the different consumables works.

A simple example is that remove speed governor states multiple use whereas others don't say single use.

El_Idiot #25 Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

View Postjabster, on 21 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

When I first read the OP I thought ... not another whine thread but I did then go and read the descriptions - my bad, it's not that obvious as to how the different consumables works.

A simple example is that remove speed governor states multiple use whereas others don't say single use.

I ain`t as dumb or retarded as my nick suggest. :veryhappy:

I bought those rations after I earned some free big medical packs.

In the description of the big med packs it stated:

"In use" It heals....bladiebla...whole crew...bladiebla in Dutch.

And underneath that:

"Permanent" Gives 10% less change on crew getting hurt...also in Dutch.

As a Dutchman I love all that is for free, so I installed those big med packs in some vehicles. And I see strange things happening.

Even in low Tier scouting vehicles, my tank crew didn`t get wounded that fast. And I could remove the big med packs afterwards and put them on another vehicle with the same result.

A bit like the camo net, artillery binoculairs, big repair  case. All of wich I have about 15 or so of each in depot and install them if I think I need them. Take them off after the battle to be used on another vehicle in another battle.

Why should this kind of using consumables work like this? Well, I played Totall War, and some units have an encouraging effect on the nearby units. They could be set to fight and would do an outstanding job. Not in fight they contributed by beeing there and lifting spirit of neighbouring units.

So why not in WOT if you have certain stuff on board your little tank?

And here comes that word 'permanent' again.

Because that is what it says with the rations. 'Permanent' 10% skill improvement and more bladiebla in Dutch.

If a big med pack can give 10% less change of injury and can heal a complete crew if activated (as stated in the description). That specific consumable has the same price as a ration. Then what might you expect if the description of the ration says..........PERMANENT?

Edited by El_Idiot, 22 April 2014 - 11:19 AM.

jabster #26 Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

@El_Idiot

On the positive side at least a little caution symbol is now displayed next to consuables if you try to sell them when they're on sale!

Crooq_Lionfang #27 Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS
Same goes for equipment and tanks that are on sale I think

El_Idiot #28 Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23657 battles

View Postjabster, on 22 April 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

@El_Idiot

On the positive side at least a little caution symbol is now displayed next to consuables if you try to sell them when they're on sale!

View PostCrooq_Lionfang, on 22 April 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Same goes for equipment and tanks that are on sale I think

Muhahahahaha!!!

No shyte!!

At least we can see how well WG is concerned with the welthfare of those who pay their monthly bills.

Crooq_Lionfang #29 Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS

This symbol hasn't always been there. I remember a while ago selling both a tank and consumables at half price, because I didn't know about an ongoing sale. Was only a tier 5 or 6 tank, but back in the days that was a friggin lot of money for me. 

Oh, and thank you for this thread as a whole, I was stuck in the standard setup of first aid kit, repair kit, fire extinguisher for a long time, this thread made me take a look at other things, and with the planned purchase of a Leopard Pt A I might run that with chocolate for the crew instead of a fire extinguisher, as the engine has a very low chance of fire. If testing that proves to be successful I might do the same with my Russian tier 8+ meds as well. That one consumable slot has the same effect as improved ventilation plus BIA that remains active even when a crew member dies. 

T0byJug #30 Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19545 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEl_Idiot, on 20 April 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

What does WG means with the word 'Permanent' ?

The dictionary says about permanent:

For ever, staying, continues (here: sorry in Dutch. Live with it or look up the word in your local dictionary).

So if I spend a shitload of Gold/Credits on rations for my tanks and it clearly say 'permanent 10% improvement for the crew` in the description, I expect it to be permanent. So not to be bought after every battle. The same as it is with the big repair and health sets. You can use it once and loose it or don`t use them at all and just have them on board for the benefit they give (less change of injury and faster repair).

So WG. Define your interpretation of 'Permanent'. (One choice only. Not if this then and if not then something else.)

For me: I feel robbed, scammed, cheated on, ripped of.

ok i am not at home so cant read what it says in game but i am pretty sure its  Premium Consumables! not permanent consumables

h00d1e #31 Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29720 battles

View Postwims80, on 20 April 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

It's very poorly worded by WG tho, even if it's naive for OP to expect a consumable bonus to last permanently

This.

Slyspy #32 Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15296 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthoodlum1107, on 22 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

This.

Except of course that some of the consumables do indeed have a permanent bonus or in in fact themselves permanent.

Also tagged with unfair, deception, theft, scam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users