Ask the Unicum

unicum new player ask learn answer

• Please log in to reply
2757 replies to this topic

L3gionaire #2741 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• 31645 battles
  • [S-R-R] S-R-R

Few posts hidden since they were completely irrelevant.

Be respectful

• Show others the respect and good behavior you would expect to receive from them. Remember our forums are open for discussion to anyone playing our games.

SteVer1n0 #2742 Posted 10 December 2020 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16100 battles

I have a question I would like to ask:

How do I complete Union 10 for Excalibur, the cap mission? I have been trying for hours today and I still have not managed to cap a base.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BR33K1_PAWAH #2743 Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13663 battles
  • [AAV] AAV
Just cap the base dude.

Dramya #2744 Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostSteVer1n0, on 10 December 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

I have a question I would like to ask:

How do I complete Union 10 for Excalibur, the cap mission? I have been trying for hours today and I still have not managed to cap a base.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Don’t expect this to be possible in just any game, you have to be a little bit luck to be able to put yourself into a position where you can cap.

First of all you need to exercise a little patience, you need to be alive to be able to cap. Don’t just run for the cap, it is likely you will die. Also, don’t cap when enemies are covering the cap, watch out for unspotted vehicles which maybe camping near.

Capping base is way faster in standard mode, you may want to disable assault and encounter because either you do not have a base to cap or you have to wait far longer. There is also the possibility to cap with a platoon, this is a lot easier. Make sure you are getting enough cap points though.

This is the kind of mission you would usually do while just playing the game, eventually you will get the opportunity. If you’re really hunting this mission, platoon up.

D4RK89O #2745 Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4400 battles

How can I to print screen (to capture a image, to take a shoot of screen) when i am in game? 

Dramya #2746 Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostD4RK89O, on 14 December 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

How can I to print screen (to capture a image, to take a shoot of screen) when i am in game? 

By pressing the Print Screen button on your keyboard. You can find your screenschot in the folder where WoT is installed.

Edited by Dramya, 14 December 2020 - 07:34 PM.

Focus_Saber #2747 Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9535 battles
  • [NEVUS] NEVUS

View PostD4RK89O, on 26 October 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

Where i can find the news in  real time. For example, when the maintenances are programmed, if the servers are down, the content of the patches, etc. ? Now, i can't enter in game and i don't know why. It is the server down, it is a maintenance, is my fault ? Have Wot a Discord Community? I need a invitation, a link.... something

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/

Dramya #2748 Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
Well, regular maintenance is at 05:00 UTC time, so around that time you can expect the servers to be offline. Don’t know how long that usually takes, like most other Europeans I’m either sleeping or I just woke up.

As for servicing updates, usually around the same time but I guess the maintenance window is longer

Flash_Man5 #2749 Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3245 battles

Hi - please could anyone help with this question regarding crew training?

I've got T78 premium and a Wolverine TD's. I'm working on training up a good TD crew. I tend to play the Wolverine more as I'm grinding to get a Jackson (and i think its a better TD personaly).

So the question is - do I give the crew 100% Tank Acadamy training on the T78 prem tank or the Wolverine I'm grinding? 

I know that the skills training on a prem tank is quicker than the tree tank - but woundered if having the main specilisation in the tree tank rather than the prem tank made a diference?

Thank you

Dramya #2750 Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostFlash_Man5, on 16 January 2021 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hi - please could anyone help with this question regarding crew training?

I've got T78 premium and a Wolverine TD's. I'm working on training up a good TD crew. I tend to play the Wolverine more as I'm grinding to get a Jackson (and i think its a better TD personaly).

So the question is - do I give the crew 100% Tank Acadamy training on the T78 prem tank or the Wolverine I'm grinding? 

I know that the skills training on a prem tank is quicker than the tree tank - but woundered if having the main specilisation in the tree tank rather than the prem tank made a diference?

Thank you

Couple of things you may want to pay attention to:

Crew interchangeability: You can put a regular crew in a premium tank of the same nation and class without penalty. However, it does not work the other way. In general, it is better to just get the regular crew and put it in the premium tank when you need it.

Crew loadout: The Wolverine has an extra radioman, whereas the T78 has the commander acting as the radio operator. If you are planning long term this is not an issue, the E3 line drops the radio operator at tier 7 and the E4 line drops it eventually at tier 10, however when you are grinding your Wolverine you will not be able to train Situational Awareness on the commander until you get the T25/AT and retrain your crew to this tank.

Training capabilities: The T78 has a different crew layout, notably the missing radio operator. You will not be able to train the entire Wolverine crew, but you will have the advantage of having all the major qualifications to fill a crew into the T78.

In short, get the crew on the Wolverine and use it in the T78 when you want. Retrain your crew whenever you get a higher tier and once you unlock the T25/AT you can train Situational Awareness on the commander. For the remainder of the E3 line you will have a good crew compatibility with the T78.

Blubba #2751 Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 68495 battles

Anyone know how ramming works?

I just rammed a Panther with a T-34-85 in the side and did 300 to him and 700 to myself. Whilst I appreciate he is heavier, I thought a T bone had a different effect on the damage dished out. He weighs 45 tons, I weigh 35.

Panther gets a side impact but does more than twice the damage to the most armoured part of my tank. This just seems odd.

Dramya #2752 Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
The Panther is not only heavier, his side armor is also thinker then your frontal armor.

Blubba #2753 Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 68495 battles

Back again!

What's a good equipment setup on the M4A1 FL 10?

Currently using IRM, GLD and vents but that's because: A) they sort of work and  B) I had them in inventory and C) I'm a cheapskate. 

Dramya #2754 Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20650 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostBlubba, on 27 February 2021 - 10:28 AM, said:

Back again!

What's a good equipment setup on the M4A1 FL 10?

Currently using IRM, GLD and vents but that's because: A) they sort of work and  B) I had them in inventory and C) I'm a cheapskate. 

Well, it all depends on how you play the tank to be honest, and opinions differ. So keep in mind, my playstyle might differ from yours.

I haven’t played the tank yet, but from the stats I would choose a different setup. 

• Optics/Binos: depending on crew skills and resulting viewrange. I value the ability to spot for myself for gameplay, and incidentally you get more xp when you shoot enemies you can spot on your own.
  • Improved Aiming: traverse speeds are decent, and since you are a mobile support vehicle you will not stand still much. For EGLD you need to stand still (albeit less long then without) for full effect, IAM always has effect. Standing still without proper armor is a bad idea.
  • Vents (first slot): Simply because this tank does not use rammer and it also improves viewrange.

This would be my setup, but that doesn’t mean others do not have merit. You might play around with a Turbo for better mobility or IRM/GLD for better gun handling, but in my opinion they are good enough.

One more thought on IAM vs GLD, taking IAM gives you more flexibility. GLD only has effect when you stand still, and in the case it is safe to stand still you probably also have the extra 0.2 seconds without the GLD. And in the case you can’t stand still at least IAM still has effect. I would prefer Vertical Stabilizer over any, but alas it is no option.

Edited by Dramya, 28 February 2021 - 11:57 AM.

Smoke24 #2755 Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5290 battles

[Edited]

Edited by L3gionaire, 21 March 2021 - 06:07 AM.
Abusive language

TheOneWhoTOGES #2756 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 137 battles
  • [_INA_] _INA_
Why did I receive random churchill III and 7 days of premium without using invite code? I actually forgot to use the invite code when registering and was bummed about it. Did activate some other invite codes but they had nothing to do with churchill III. Should be mentioned that I am in referral program and that once again has nothing of such sort. Asking because my other friend is also in referral program but he did not get one while I did.  At first I thought that completing bootcamp that gave it to me but It was more like a minute later after using ,'EHRE' code. Any idea how to figure out why did I receive it?

Edited by TheOneWhoTOGES, 07 April 2021 - 11:58 PM.

TijgernootTank #2757 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 61390 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

I started a referal account recent then i had to try several invite codes as none seemed to be working , and in end it was bit unclear wich one was accepted, i did end up with the Churchill in the end .

A friend started new account and he used some invite code and ended up with churchill and excelsior , i think he used invite code that normaly only give excelsior , so to me its not very clear .

One of the invite codes u did use must have given the churchill .

It cant be the ehre code , that code only give rental tanks and a german camo style , also this is regular bonuscode and not invite code .

TheOneWhoTOGES #2758 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 137 battles
  • [_INA_] _INA_

View PostTijgernootTank, on 08 April 2021 - 10:19 AM, said:

I started a referal account recent then i had to try several invite codes as none seemed to be working , and in end it was bit unclear wich one was accepted, i did end up with the Churchill in the end .

A friend started new account and he used some invite code and ended up with churchill and excelsior , i think he used invite code that normaly only give excelsior , so to me its not very clear .

One of the invite codes u did use must have given the churchill .

It cant be the ehre code , that code only give rental tanks and a german camo style , also this is regular bonuscode and not invite code .

Thats the thing, I did not use any invite codes, only thing I did was create the account through the referral link. Might referral link be considered some sort of invite code that gives churchill III?

Edited by TheOneWhoTOGES, 08 April 2021 - 02:58 PM.

Also tagged with unicum, new, player, ask, learn, answer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users