MT-25

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

azakow #21 Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83197 battles

View PostTacPenguin, on 22 July 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I just started playing the MT25 prepping for the new T7, T8 russkies lights. ( i rage sold the MT25 that replaced my T50-2 after about 3 battles  :angry:)

I loved the physics defying rocket motorcycle that was the T50-2 but was not so good with only 56% win.

I tried to play the MT25 as per the T50-2 useing speed and the 57mm but after 20 battles or so i found i was failing hard loseing probably 75% of all battles by getting to far fwd and haveing no way out. (the 57mm was not working for me either)

So i swapped to the 37mm auto cannon and just concetrate on spotting Anti scout and arty killing.  AP or HE does not seem to make much difference fro me.

It seems to be working win rate is up death rate is down and i do more damage.  I think the 37mm auto gun has caused a mindset change to the way i play it.

The 37mm is only usefull verses paper tanks but Its fun sneeaking up on a tank that is engaged and hitting with a hail of shells:justwait:.

another 16000 to get before i get the 40000 needed for the new T7 (hopefully thats enough).

I dont think its a keeper but time will tell.

Modules== Binocs, Net, Vent

Equip==    small repair, small first aid kit, Fire  ext.  (occasionally swapp out Fire ext for oil for more zip)

Crew

6th sense, camo

camo, snap shot

camo, off road driver

camo, awerness, repairs

camo

TacP

gun: ZIS-4; not much dmg, but a stinger every 2,7 seconds, at high speed and long ranges. Loadout: 40/50/10

modules: vent, optics, bino, camo paint

consumables: large rep kit, large med kit, rations / oil

Spoiler

I play it as passive in the 1st part, depending on map.

After that I change to active and supportive mostly form a distance.

It is not as zippy as T-50-2, but fast and "nimble".

Accuracy on the move while using W-key only, is good.

I do not like the sliding, hence steering at speed is more than just pressing W,A- or W,D-keys.

Hence I reskilled the clutch braking for controlled impact, because 25 tones ramming attaks work wonders on other LT5+ (i.e. AMX or T21) and give you an instant HP adavantage.

Is it hard to hit other LT for ramming?

It is much easier on MT-25, than on VK28.01 or any WZ-13x at about the same weight.

Edited by azakow, 25 July 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Poddertw #22 Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30407 battles

well...

I play MT 25 alot using binoculars, optics and net.

can be used as active and passive scout. good at killing wounded and bad at dogfights with other scouts. every other scout tier 6+ is a trouble.

Usually i do like this: 

1. fast active scouting

2. passive scouting at good position for tds

3. finding "holes" in the flanks and tryin to kill every tank which stand with its butt to me.

ofc there are city maps where u cant passive scout. u do just the active phase quickly and go to your base. then u look at minimap and try to find holes to reach the arty or tds.

RogueWraith909 #23 Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10606 battles

View PostKeyhand, on 23 May 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

No offense to the OP, he propably does not know how good the T-50-2 really was so he might mistake the MT-25 for being decent.

However, compared with the old jewel it is just a Prius standing besides a Mustang

I'm sorry but I cannot take anyone seriously who says a Mustang is good, iconic maybe, but good...  nah, not even close...

Just got my MT-25, was looking for pointers on what do with it, whether that auto loader gun is any use, what kind of add-ons to use (camo, binos, coated optics stuff like that).. yet all I seem to find is people talking about tanks that are no longer in the game and bitching about the MT being crap even when they've not used it.  Bit annoying tbh.  Anyone got any USEFUL tips on how to make the MT-25 a relatively useful tank to a team? 

KillSlim #24 Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15436 battles

The MT-25 is abysmal. Before anyone nostalgia's further to me over the T-50-2, I know what it was like, it was too good and needed to go. Not only was it fictional, it made every other scout completely redundant. 

I'll stick with my Chaffee until 9.3. 

TomiF #25 Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25792 battles
I first got MT-25 when it was introduced to replace T-50-2 and it was horrible. Some time ago mt got some buffs and I rebought it to collect some xp for new russian lights. And wow, I am amazed. It is pretty good little tank. I first tried to make autoloader to work, but it just simply doesn't cut it. Too little penetration to be actually reliable. If given a good opportunity, the autoloader can wreck enemy lights and borsigs, but more often than not, you simply don't get a chance to shoot them. Now I use 57mm and it is good. It doesn't kill enemy scouts or low armored vehicles as fast as the autoloader, but this gun is so much more consistent and it has decent penetration to get through most tanks sides and rears. I use mt now as early scout, and right when I get opportunity I will start dealing damage. It can dish out quite a lot of damage with it's small 57mm gun.

Dr_Zap #26 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59551 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA
MT 25 stand for Mega Turd 25, it is by far the worst scout ingame and a disgrace to its predecessor. The way I see it, it is intended as an xp sink for all who want to progress towards the higher tier Russian scouts. It is just not good in anything.

Troubledove #27 Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44535 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I take it not  so seriously: Enhanced torsion bars, spall liner, vent, removed speed governor and my driver has controlled impact.

It takes about 500 games to make that one special where you jump-ram some med's turret, ammorack it and it looks like you ram its turret off.

And the way ELC's/AMX 12t just goes airborne when you ram them with full speed from the front or side. Its total YOLO. Jagdtiger seen? RAM IT! IS-3 ahead? RAM IT! ST-1 downhill? JUMP ON IT AND HUMP IT!

Your global winrate is irrelevant. Fun to the max on this one.

azakow #28 Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83197 battles

View Postpanzerjap, on 15 September 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

MT 25 stand for Mega Turd 25, it is by far the worst scout ingame and a disgrace to its predecessor. The way I see it, it is intended as an xp sink for all who want to progress towards the higher tier Russian scouts. It is just not good in anything.

A disgrace are many of the former T-50-2 commanders, due to their inabilities to adopt playstyle according to the vehicle attributes and changing battlefield evironment.

IMO, most of them were just yolo trolling the first two minutes.

Mostly the comparison of the MT-25 and the legendary T-50-2 ignores the changes of map, the introduction of physics, the nerf of SPG and the overall increased accuracy.

I walk my MT-25 on a regular base.

For me it is a good LT6 that can perform as good as it's predecessor.

Have a look at some of my recent gameplay samples.

JaqTaar #29 Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31142 battles
  • [GSPB] GSPB

I recently drove it, initially just to gather the XP for the LTTB, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and will be keeping it, even though it means training up another light crew for the tier 7 and 8. I've found that just driving this thing around is fun. Never drove the T-50-2 though, so no idea how it compares.

The penetration has been an issue for me, so I loaded 40% APCR, an amount that so far no other tank required, and use it copiously as well.

Valvalecia #30 Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11690 battles

1.Use the autoloader
2. Clip one borsig,arty,whatever

3.???

4. Profit, in this case unicum wn

_M3G4TR0N_ #31 Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25398 battles

Got myself this morning on Patrol Duty :medal:

Spoiler

Crew will stay just for him, love him so much :smile:

Btw here is that prokhorovka replay : 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1219626#prokhorovka-m3g4tr0n-mt-25

Edited by _M3G4TR0N_, 06 October 2014 - 07:16 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #32 Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 54617 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

I just got my first ever Mark of Excellence on this vehicle.  I imagive azakow has three on his by now. It’s a big deal for me though. 

I’ve played a lot of games over the weekend in mine and I’m beginning to feel again the thrill I used to get from the old T-50 and T-50-2. Tanks that I once held as my favourites in the whole game. I was grinding to unlock the LTTB and did so, but there is never a question of selling this tank.

I go with vents, optics and enhanced suspension.  The suspension is handy because I can safely take jumps that would self track me otherwise. I perceive  also that I get tracked by fire less frequently. Tank has camo.

My crew has

Commander: Repairs, BIA, 6th sense and 80% camo

Gunner Repairs, BIA, camo, and 80% snapshot

Driver: Repairs, BIA, camo, and 80% smooth ride

Loader: Repairs, BIA, camo, and 80% situational awareness

I can switch from passive to active very quickly.  That speed can get you into a bush in the path of advance of the enemy long before they get there.  I’ll often site myself with the tank pointing backwards so I can make a swift exit away from the enemy when discovered.  Vs higher tier enemy heavy’s your armour is irrelevant, so showing the rear end of the bathtub isn’t all that risky.

Fire is pretty accurate on the move.  Rate of fire is high.  I particularly love it once I’ve got through to the enemy rear and can carve up their artillery.  I just wish there were 3 arty a side in all games like the old days.

Nearly half the ammo I carry is APCR.  I carry some HE to remove frangible buildings the enemy is using as cover.

HB06 #33 Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24526 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

so its good then? :tongue:

azakow #34 Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 83197 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 06 October 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I imagive azakow has three on his by now. It’s a big deal for me though. 

Premature crew transfer to LTTB at 0.9.3 relase denied the 3rd mark so far.

:sad:

The MT-25 is still in the garage.

The crew has transfered again to T-54 LW and is currently at the edge of 3rd mark at 92%+.

tomosten #35 Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29661 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Worst tank in the game. Dont pen anything except the a s s. Must be homo. Not even with gold. If you want zero wn8 each battle play this tank. Cannot even track tier8 tanks. Yes that is right, track is harder than gold ammo for this so called tank. Pling! Pling! That is the only sound you will hear.  AMX 38 pen more than this joke of a tank. 

I want the next tank in line so I must play it but it is not often. Maybe year 2017 I will get the LTTB.

Edited by tom0st, 12 September 2015 - 10:11 PM.

robw09 #36 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29430 battles
  • [B-C-Z] B-C-Z

View Posttom0st, on 12 September 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

Worst tank in the game. Dont pen anything except the a s s. Must be homo. Not even with gold. If you want zero wn8 each battle play this tank. Cannot even track tier8 tanks. Yes that is right, track is harder than gold ammo for this so called tank. Pling! Pling! That is the only sound you will hear.  AMX 38 pen more than this joke of a tank. 

I want the next tank in line so I must play it but it is not often. Maybe year 2017 I will get the LTTB.

I thought I would hate it.  I thought the T37 would be far superior.  I thought I would do no damage.

I was wrong.  I think the T37 just edges it, but in some areas the MT is better.

Not sure what you are doing with it, but with a mixed load out and a high rate of fire you can do a lot.  I ran at 3800WN8 in it with a shite crew.

I do more damage in the T37, but more spots in the MT-25.  That still equates to a higher WN8 on the MT.  I never thought when I bought it I would ever consider keeping it, but it has nearly won me over.

LTTB.....meh.  I have some dreadful games and I have some great games, but that gun depression......man.

Edited by robw09, 18 September 2015 - 03:41 PM.

_porTa_ #37 Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 56423 battles

I had quite a nice game with this tiny little bugger.Aditionally, it help me finish the fifth Light Mission for the T-55.

Posted Image

NotDeadYettie #38 Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 32866 battles

So, I'm a mediocre player enjoying the MT25 (some of the time) with the popgun (and the front plate - it is really good at ramming :)   ). You really have to scout and select what you can hurt, but the satisfaction of taking down high-health CDCs is huge, the rare times it happens. I'm running suspension, optics, vents & a pretty new crew just about at 100% on camo (when I'll switch commander for 6th sense).

QUESTION - on the pogun, what is the best ammo for tracking ? AP/HE/prem ? I don't mind using prem if it's going to make a difference, but tracking higher tiers with the 37mm isn't trivial, & I don't usually live long enough to get any decent comparison :o

Edited by NotDeadYettie, 18 November 2015 - 11:26 AM.

IRSanchez #39 Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58955 battles
  • [F4W] F4W

View PostNotDeadYettie, on 18 November 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

So, I'm a mediocre player enjoying the MT25 (some of the time) with the popgun (and the front plate - it is really good at ramming :)   ). You really have to scout and select what you can hurt, but the satisfaction of taking down high-health CDCs is huge, the rare times it happens. I'm running suspension, optics, vents & a pretty new crew just about at 100% on camo (when I'll switch commander for 6th sense).

QUESTION - on the pogun, what is the best ammo for tracking ? AP/HE/prem ? I don't mind using prem if it's going to make a difference, but tracking higher tiers with the 37mm isn't trivial, & I don't usually live long enough to get any decent comparison :o

Technically, all type of shells (for the same gun) deal the same module damage, so it doesn't matter what kind of ammo you shoot. HE might sometimes work better due to splash (might be easier to hit that front/back wheel that gives best effects for tracking) but it also denies chances to make damage and tracking.

TL;DR - use AP or APCR (depending of enemy armour) as your goal should be dealing damage AND tracking.

Edited by IRSanchez, 24 November 2015 - 03:45 PM.

Noo_Noo #40 Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

I'm not excited by this tank much. I agree with many that it's under powered. One on one with any other tank of similar tier and it loses. 

Top speed is nice but i'd be happy to sacrifice that for improvements elsewhere. 

Also tagged with MT-25

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users