Jump to content


Finished with WOT


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Kothaar #1 Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 58555 battles
  • 373
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

I have been playing this game regularly during the past three years. Liked the game a lot although it is quirky in many ways. I have always liked simulation games, and I took this game as a ultra-light kind of simulator game of tank warfare. Of course it is not a real simulator and several things, like that shrinking aiming circle, make the game totally unrealistic, but still, liked the game a lot.

 

So, what finally made me stop playing this game? It was this months challenge of earning a Superpershing (which I could easily afford with real money, but I like to have goals in this game). I had originally calculated that daily doubles would make most of the experience credits needed to earn the tank. 

 

First three wins this morning: in one game I was the bottom tank of the team, so not surprisingly managed only one penetration on a KV-1 and did not make it to the top 10 of the team.


Second game, played with artillery, destroyed one tank, hit two others, had two of those "funny" misses where a fully aimed shot, with to enemy tanks inside the aiming circle, simply goes over and lands far behind. Earned 1000 experience, did not make it to the top 10.

 

Third battle, driving a medium, put several shots on a Jagdtiger, no artillery support, got killed by enemy artillery even when I kept moving my tank back and forth behind cover.

 

So, 3 wins and not a single point went towards earning the Superpershing. I would have to gather 7500 points playing these same tanks in ordinary games. That would take at least three hours, maybe even five hours if I got into a loss streak.

So, I realised that because playing the special would take about 20 days, this would probably happen several times, since there are 14 daily doubles to earn *every day*, 20 days in a row, in order to get the required experience points. Missing the daily double would mean that I would have to play at least six games to compensate (on average, three losses, two wins in top-10, one win not in top-10). That would take at least an hour, probably hour and a half.

So, earning the special would mean winning 10 doubles while getting to the top-10 and to compensate the 4 missed top-10's, another 8 ordinary wins. That is 18 wins in a day, always in top-10. You do not get into the top ten every time and you loose half of your games. So that is 36 games or at least SIX HOURS of playing EVERY DAY for at least 20 days! And if you have a loosing streak, you might have to play TEN HOURS. I have a life and hobbies, so no thank you sir.

Strange how small things add up and finally cause you make a final decision. Call me a quitter but I had enough. Farewell, World of tanks.


Edited by Kothaar, 07 May 2014 - 08:56 AM.


_TiddyMun_ #2 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26220 battles
  • 542
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

View PostKothaar, on 07 May 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

I have been playing this game regularly during the past three years. Liked the game a lot although it is quirky in many ways. I have always liked simulation games, and I took this game as a ultra-light kind of simulator game of tank warfare. Of course it is not a real simulator and several things, like that shrinking aiming circle, make the game totally unrealistic, but still, liked the game a lot.

 

So, what finally made me stop playing this game? It was this months challenge of earning a Superpershing (which I could easily afford with real money, but I like to have goals in this game). I had originally calculated that daily doubles would make most of the experience credits needed to earn the tank. 

 

First three wins this morning: in one game I was the bottom tank of the team, so not surprisingly managed only one penetration on a KV-1 and did not make it to the top 10 of the team.


Second game, played with artillery, destroyed one tank, hit two others, had two of those "funny" misses where a fully aimed shot, with to enemy tanks inside the aiming circle, simply goes over and lands far behind. Earned 1000 experience, did not make it to the top 10.

 

Third battle, driving a medium, put several shots on a Jagdtiger, no artillery support, got killed by enemy artillery even when I kept moving my tank back and forth behind cover.

 

So, 3 wins and not a single point went towards earning the Superpershing. I would have to gather 7500 points playing these same tanks in ordinary games. That would take at least three hours, maybe even five hours if I got into a loss streak.

So, I realised that because playing the special would take about 20 days, this would probably happen several times, since there are 14 daily doubles to earn *every day*, 20 days in a row, in order to get the required experience points. Missing the daily double would mean that I would have to play at least six games to compensate (on average, three losses, two wins in top-10, one win not in top-10). That would take at least an hour, probably hour and a half.

So, earning the special would mean winning 10 doubles while getting to the top-10 and to compensate the 4 missed top-10's, another 8 ordinary wins. That is 18 wins in a day, always in top-10. You do not get into the top ten every time and you loose half of your games. So that is 36 games or at least SIX HOURS of playing EVERY DAY for at least 20 days! And if you have a loosing streak, you might have to play TEN HOURS. I have a life and hobbies, so no thank you sir.

Strange how small things add up and finally cause you make a final decision. Call me a quitter but I had enough. Farewell, World of tanks.

 

For someone with 33k+ battles that has to be the most ridiculous reason for quitting the game i've seen....lol......you'll be back playing withing 24hrs. :blinky::teethhappy:



Kothaar #3 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 58555 battles
  • 373
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View Post_TiddyMun_, on 07 May 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

 

For someone with 33k+ battles that has to be the most ridiculous reason for quitting the game i've seen....lol......you'll be back playing withing 24hrs. :blinky::teethhappy:

Well, no. It is spring, and I have hobbies. http://www.geocaching.com/



moomoo2 #4 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20719 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

No-one is making you do the special.

I am not interested as I don't play enough and wouldn't be able to get 75k in Japanese tanks without losing my mind.

Just play the game and stop getting over-excited about the special, it's meant to be just annoying enough to weed out 99% of the user-base otherwise there would be 15 v 15 SuperPershing games by the end of the month.



Furlock #5 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62154 battles
  • 666
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

You can still find some fun in the wreck. At least it will make it easier for you to await another tank game... but then you will find out that the other tank game also mms you.

 

In the end, what matters is to have fun. Find it, in fact the more the ship burries into the sucking mud, the funnier the matches become.

 

Now take that tank out again, commander and blow them to ... hell.



BrokenWing #6 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

http://www.noobmeter...haar/500241736/

 

We'll miss you. :child:



BauermitGewehr #7 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7167 battles
  • 844
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 May 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

WoT "Community" in a nutshell.



blademansw #8 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14075 battles
  • 1,839
  • [A-W-G] A-W-G
  • Member since:
    09-26-2012

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 May 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

 

That's very elitist of you...



skurke #9 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4786 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

How about you re-evaluate why you play the game? If the SP special doesn't fit you because you can't play enough time or aren't good enough to do so efficiently how about you just set another goal? I'm personally ignoring that special because I don't have time to play that much and I could if I wanted just buy the SP. While I'd laugh and call you stupid for quitting over that I've been close to doing the same but that has been more over shitty teams, RNG and arty screwing me over which shits all over my expectations when it comes to how I want the game to be played.

 

But yeah, this was your tipping point for quitting?



Kothaar #10 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 58555 battles
  • 373
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
I dis

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 May 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:


I disabled the game chat at least two years ago and rarely accessed the forums. Wonder why :D



Kothaar #11 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 58555 battles
  • 373
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View Postskurke, on 07 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

How about you re-evaluate why you play the game? If the SP special doesn't fit you because you can't play enough time or aren't good enough to do so efficiently how about you just set another goal? I'm personally ignoring that special because I don't have time to play that much and I could if I wanted just buy the SP. While I'd laugh and call you stupid for quitting over that I've been close to doing the same but that has been more over shitty teams, RNG and arty screwing me over which shits all over my expectations when it comes to how I want the game to be played.

 

But yeah, this was your tipping point for quitting?



Like I said, small things finally added up, several of which are the same you mentioned. The horrendous amount of time needed to complete the special was one, which meant I had no realistic goal to complete this month.


Edited by Kothaar, 07 May 2014 - 09:21 AM.


ics3s #12 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25666 battles
  • 500
  • [TUPEU] TUPEU
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013
See you tomorrow :trollface:

clocky #13 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19693 battles
  • 697
  • [ONB] ONB
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

33k battles? I have 8k and i have made the account i think from the same year as you. do you really need to finish all those stupid WG marketing events designed to keep noobs close to their monitor so unicums can sealclub more and justice their gold investments?

 

 Meh , can't be bothered by their "events"


Edited by clocky, 07 May 2014 - 09:35 AM.


TheMagicalSpottingFairy #14 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13272 battles
  • 97
  • [EMB3R] EMB3R
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011
Sorry to see you go. 

SanyaJuutilainen #15 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20812 battles
  • 1,876
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

"First three wins this morning: in one game I was the bottom tank of the team, so not surprisingly managed only one penetration on a KV-1 and did not make it to the top 10 of the team."


It's all about the mindset. Never give up, even when the odds are against you.
That said, I have games like this too. But believing I can be important in any tank leads to games like I had two days ago, killing off Cromwell and 30.01H in Ke-Ho, doing some 3k+ XP (double and prem included, though).


If you give up even before starting, then you'll hardly do better.

 

And see you around~



Kothaar #16 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 58555 battles
  • 373
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View Postclocky, on 07 May 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

33k battles? I have 8k and i have made the account i think from the same year as you. do you really need to finish all those stupid WG marketing events designed to keep noobs close to their monitor so unicums can sealclub more and justice their gold investments?

 

 Meh , can't be bothered by their "events"


No I do not, and I have not in the past. For example, did not even try the IS-6 special. I liked the game a lot, so that is the reason for the 33k played games :D Although in an afterthought, the game was already seen after a few thousand games. Playing a tier 10 tank does not feel that much different from a tier 6.



custardSPARTA #17 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38997 battles
  • 954
  • [SPRT] SPRT
  • Member since:
    09-14-2011

Don't let the bastards grind you down

 

@ Brokenwing no need dude



_b_ #18 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 55128 battles
  • 3,985
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

Take a break, then come back... this game is just to fun....even with all it's faults :)

 

These days,.. hmm.. like always?...I play and yolo around with whatever I feel like driving...vehicles that I like to play

 

... so some 50 - 70 vehicles I at least take out for a spin ever so often?... among therese, there are those I still grind...and those I just enjoy and play for fun (Lee included)...

 

Think this month I'll play more of the tier 4 - 8 than usual,.. but still with those tanks I like... and if I make it so be it... if not...well then not.. anyhow I will have enjoyed the play (as far as some red-tide nighmare special events can be...) ...and then there is the upcoming cw event too :P

 



BrokenWing #19 Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

Average player creates a whine thread because he can't do the SP mission? And then totally gives up WoT because of this?

 

Nobody says you have to do the mission, there are other things to do in the game.

 

I'll struggle to complete the mission myself, I have a life and hobbies too, but I'm not creating whine threads and threatening to quit WoT.

 

How is this thread different from the multitude of others where they all cry "I can't win, artillery hates me, I bounce all my shots, FU WoT I'm leaving!"?



BauermitGewehr #20 Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7167 battles
  • 844
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 May 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Average player 

Because your arbitrary circlejerk number entitles you to prominence and thus, you are right, and important.

Typical Dinger trippo.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users