Reporting in World of Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Eide #1 Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
World of Tanks and the development team strives to make this game as good as possible. Unfortunately there will always be issues which need the attention of the Wargaming.Net support team or the World of Tanks Moderation team. Between all the different posts and documents, it can be a little hard to find the right way to report various violations. For that reason this post was written, a one-stop overview of what you can report, how you can report and where you can report for In-Game related issues.

Ways of contact

Wargaming.net Support:
  • World of Tanks Support Website

What can be reported:

Griefing
  • 4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.
  • 4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.
  • 4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team.
  • 4.06. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle.
All of these types of behaviour can be reported to the WN Support team. Make screenshots which clearly show the event and provide an accurate description of the event, including the server you play on, and the full name of the responsible player. Do not post this on the forum, naming/shaming is not acceptable.

Bugs and errors:
In-game Bugs and errors should be reported through the World of Tanks Support Website. Bugs and errors can also be posted on the relevant World of Tanks forum areas for discussion purposes.

In-game inappropriate chat conduct:
In-game inappropriate conduct that can be reported:
  • Insults, provocation and/or personal attacks of any kind.
  • Spamming, excessive use of caps, as well as excessive posting of battle results.
  • Comments or discussion that violate the EULA or encourages people to violate the EULA.
  • Racist or discriminatory comments or discussion, including logos, symbols, emblems, figures and abbreviations.
  • Asking for, linking to and advertising for hacks and cheats.
The above covers the most common cases of inappropriate chat conduct. For the full list, please refer to the World of Tank Game Rules. The above applies to all channels in-game.
Serious chat related reports that go beyond a single swearword that can be caught by the filter should be sent to Support. Include screenshots which clearly show the event and provide an accurate description of the event, including the server you play on, as well as the full name of the responsible player. Do not post this on the forum, naming/shaming is not acceptable.

What can not be reported:
  • Teamkilling is not reportable anymore since the introduction of patch 0.6.4 as outlined in this post. Details about the automated teamkilling system can be found here http://forum.worldof...ill-autosystem/
  • Swearing and profanity is covered by the in-game chat filter. The exception is filter evasion which can be reported to the Moderators.

Hopefully this clarifies what people can contact the World of Tanks team on regarding in-game issues. If you have any questions regarding the above, contact any Moderator, or leave your question in this topic. This topic is not exhaustive by any means. The full set of rules can be found in the World of Tank Game Rules. This post should cover the most common questions though.

Updated inappropriate chat conduct reporting.
- Bundin

Komachi #2 Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1745 battles
You forgot about afk/inactive players and bots.
Ok, that's better :P

kirstar #3 Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9305 battles
  • [316] 316
It is a shame there is no ingame reporting so that the chat logs etc upload with the report.

1ionatus #4 Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15282 battles
  • [SMILE] SMILE
Its also a shame that the automated system doesnt take into account accountability for TKers. My last match I was hit 8 times in the rear armour turned and turret and took another 4 hits just as I got gun on target. Took another 8 shots whilst I 3 shot the aggressor. I then went onto take out 3 enemy tanks before being destroyed. NET result 0XP and 39 credits. Am assuming the rest went to the guy that hit me 20 times and I had to kill him... 4000+ battles including beta and I get PENALISED for killing him????? Obviously a new tactic to get more xp from the top players in the team.. Get him to kill you and then steal his xp

R1CHB #5 Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View Post1ionatus, on 25 May 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

Its also a shame that the automated system doesnt take into account accountability for TKers. My last match I was hit 8 times in the rear armour turned and turret and took another 4 hits just as I got gun on target. Took another 8 shots whilst I 3 shot the aggressor. I then went onto take out 3 enemy tanks before being destroyed. NET result 0XP and 39 credits. Am assuming the rest went to the guy that hit me 20 times and I had to kill him... 4000+ battles including beta and I get PENALISED for killing him????? Obviously a new tactic to get more xp from the top players in the team.. Get him to kill you and then steal his xp

Id be interested to here the response to that, also someone was deliberately shooting his own team-mates at the start of a game yesterday. It was getting so irritating I lined my sights on him myself and nearly fired back. If the shooting at your own team-mate doesnt result in an actual kill are these idiots still being penalised with the new system?

Eide #6 Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Post1ionatus, on 25 May 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

As stated in the Team-Kill post by Mediahead here: http://forum.worldof...ill-autosystem/

If you shoot a teammember the following comes into action:
The calculation after the battle looks like this:

1. Bonuses for the battle are taken away (teamdamage excluded)
2. The amounts of contribution are taken away from the amount received
3. Penalty for teamdamage is taken away from the remaining sum
4. The rest is given to the player as bonus for the battle

The same of course goes, in this particular case, for the person who shot you. Even with the new system in place, retaliation is still not allowed, unless the teamkiller is actually branded teamkiller by the system, also explained in Mediahead's post. In all other circumstances the system will see you as another teamkiller and the above penalties apply. Frustratting as that may be, the solution is of course not to let people provoke you. The person will be branded teamkiller soon enough, and then you can shoot him till your heart's delight and he will get a bonus ban to boot. The only thing you need to do is let the system do its job, and that is the only advise I can give you.

View PostKomachi, on 24 May 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:

You forgot about afk/inactive players and bots.
I intentionally didn't include it because of this post: http://forum.worldof...ti-bot-system…/
You are correct however in stating that botting accounts can be reported.

Madjamjar #7 Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4194 battles
  • [CIRC3] CIRC3
During a battle a team member on very low armour collided with me and exploded.  I was marked as a -1 for kills.  Is this correct?, its not as if i shot him.  If he reported me would i be deemed a player killer?

Eide #8 Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Added botting due to popular demand.

Skull_Cracker #9 Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 930 battles
I play arti a lot and I found that my team kills are getting up a bit.
It is not intentional that I kill them but exploding damage of shells and a friendly target next to enemy can kill them off at 1%.

It's not what I want but it happens. Can there be a system for this?

Greetz

Oeilduciel #10 Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18633 battles

In-game inappropriate chat conduct:
In-game inappropriate conduct that can be reported:

Insults, provocation and/or personal attacks of any kind.
    Spamming, excessive use of caps, as well as excessive posting of battle results.

I was just ban for "offensive language S47" for one day.

The forum is not the correct place to discus disciplinary sanctions. For questions about those you can contact our support team.
Thank you,
Eide

MatheoB #11 Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13396 battles
  • [GST] GST
hey,
i had a game today and the system is not complete in functionality!
In our Team was a arty that shot our own teammates and killed me aswell, he wasn't blue or something, after the TK and the Teamdamges we lost tank for tank cose of him, we loose this battle and he dind't turned once blue, not any time of it....
Sorry but pls correct the system pls ... Arty can Teamkilling and damaging our hole team without fear, because he know that the system in this case doesn't work... and was happy to damage us with much fun!

Clop #12 Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 84 battles
They should turn blue at the second hit on the same target, one could be a mistake, 2 is intent.

Scratch #13 Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2867 battles
  • [FAIL] FAIL
Would really like to be able to report people who deliberately exit from battle to avoid being killed.

Snazza #14 Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12169 battles
  • [2PAC] 2PAC
I'd like to see a limit on the use of the minimap location ping in game. The constant chimes make voice chat difficult, and the associated chat spam (and lack of chat history) makes typing worthless too. The game rules clearly prohibit excessive spam of in game chat, which is generated as a side effect of ping spamming.

Obviously this could be reported under the game rules every time it occurs, but it seems more reasonable to put some kind of cooldown on the function itself, perhaps one ping every 5 seconds, or removing the text associated with pinging. The minimap is already flashing, so it's not really necessary to waste a line of chat on the grid reference.

Potrkalo #15 Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6049 battles
  • [EXS] EXS
No offtopic please, thank you
Eide

Andruszka #16 Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17343 battles
  • [SBP-W] SBP-W
This system is annoying. New funn for tk is to shoot as many allies withot killing them and u cant report them. They can kill one player, and still not be banned or reported. U can be hited in rear several times by one guy and u cant roprt him and system doesnt bann him. In my opinion u should implement some voting system for the players who have been tk and let him decide about punisment of player. Right now its just annoying.

pan_smajl #17 Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3485 battles
I am being TKed by some *** players (mainly in arti) too many times now and it's starting to drive me crazy.. Just as few minutes ago <removed, no naming/shaming, Eide>. He killed me stating "i hate campers" in the beginning of a round (he thinks defending your flag is camping?) and dind't turn BLUE! Why?

I was TKed by arti 3 times today.. I want accounts of these notorious teamkillers get banned or I will stop paying money for this game.

Eide #18 Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpan_smajl, on 11 June 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

I am being TKed by some *** players (mainly in arti) too many times now and it's starting to drive me crazy.. Just as few minutes ago <removed, no naming/shaming, Eide>. He killed me stating "i hate campers" in the beginning of a round (he thinks defending your flag is camping?) and dind't turn BLUE! Why?

I was TKed by arti 3 times today.. I want accounts of these notorious teamkillers get banned or I will stop paying money for this game.

1. I just searched both the EU and NA register of clans. As off today I cannot find that clan, nor the tag of that clan. Contact me in PMs for more on that if you want.
2. The system works by people tripping a set amount of parameters for them to be identified as a teamkiller. The reason for that is of course to avoid punishing people who accidentally make a teamkill. In this case the person hasn't yet tripped the parameters, but that's just a matter of time if he continues to display that type of behaviour.

FellHanded #19 Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15246 battles
its anoying that u be punished for accidents..like today,some smartass drove infront of my ferdinand just as i fired,dident see him coming as i was in sniper mode,
no xp for me and just a tiny amount of cash.

same happend yesterday,some guy drove infront of my VK(a IS-3) just as i fired,and i shaved 25% of his hp(cant belive my VK did that)
and yay..no xp or money for me.

SteelWraith #20 Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3333 battles
i had an incident with a bt-2 circling my kv and rattling off shot after shot with his auto-cannon. nothing was penetrating so the cash penalty would not have applied to him. the incident went on for several minutes and he was not flagged as blue. i was more concerned by him attracting hostile artillery fire, so 2 shots later i had -1 kills and had a great match getting dmg onto about 7 hostiles, but due to the system i was heavily penalised.

Tkers will read the rules of the new system and they will attempt to bypass them. in this instance taking a tiny gun up against some heavy armour to harass without fear of the system taking note of their zero team damage.

i hope the system has room for improvement as its dealing with the sort of people who actively seek out exploits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users