Match Making....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

OlafTheBold1477 #1 Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7235 battles

Why is MM so broken in this awesome game?!?!?!

WTF is this?

It puts me at the bottom of the list with a tier IX heavy and I get to fight against trained PROS.

And when it puts me on top of the list AGAIN with tier IX heavy my team is full of morons and noobs EVERYTIME!!!!!!

I think you must balance this.

Make MM sort by winrate and tier (or smth like it) PLEASE!!!

I bet I am not the only one who complains about this s***.

And yeah btw for what are these 10 reports?!

No matter how much you report someone for his STUPIDITY he doesn't get banned?!

You have to fix this. Its really fu*ked up[.

Jean_Bart #2 Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9185 battles

View PostOlafTheBold1477, on 08 May 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Why is MM so broken in this awesome game?!?!?!

Because the game is "awesome" :trollface:! >sarcasm<

I think you must balance this.

They are balancing this by "balancing" each player's win rate!

Spoiler

Make MM sort by winrate and tier (or smth like it) PLEASE!!!

This is already done, but its goal is not to ensure fair play and fair chance for everyone and to progress according to one's own skills and efforts but to create a mass of 49% WR "average players"! The reasons for this are simple:

• no matter how good you are at some point the MM and RNG will troll and screw you - the purpose is to make you resort to "premium" content (shells, retraining or premium account) :trollface:
  • to let noobs win enough to keep them under the brink of giving up and uninstalling :trollface:

I bet I am not the only one who complains about this s***.

Of course you are not the only one - everyone with at least a bit of common sense and 1000+ battles has come to see that problem already :glasses:!

And yeah btw for what are these 10 reports?!

Nobody (let alone WG's staff :trollface:) is actually observing and evaluating any particulr issue encountered in the game (botting, AFK-ing, unfair play whatever)! That is why the justice is left on the mercy of the mob - that is what are these 10 reports for! The reporting system in WoT is basically lynching and "kangaroo court" by the mob and not justice by authorised authorities :ohmy:!

No matter how much you report someone for his STUPIDITY he doesn't get banned?!

A person may not be allowed to play the game according to EULA, but this doesn't matter as long as he is playing and paying and as long as he is not attracting the attention of the mob in game! "Justice" (i am not sure i should use this word here) in the game is not based on common sense! Even if N number of people report him for something, he would recieve an autoban (doesn't matter for what reason :trollface:) lastng a couple of days and when the ban is over he will return and will carry on with whatever he was doing! Meanwhile the same person might continue playing with and alternative account :teethhappy:!

You have to fix this.

They won't, i have no dellusions about this anymore!

Its really fu*ked up[.

I agree, there is really something...

fu*ked up[.

... in this game and it seems that the players are being ...

fu*ked up[.

... by WG :trollface:!

AksuPaksu #3 Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4485 battles
So you complain about noob teams when your stats are bot-like

xdeathcraftx727 #4 Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11765 battles
Maybe his stats are botlike or whataver you call it because MM drops him in shitty maps where he cant do sh*t to win because of stupid team.Are you so blind?MM is absolute piece of s*it and only pros dont complain.What about noobs like us?How do we raise stats when MM is letting us only in s*it games where we always loose?!I lost about 00,30% in the last 3-4 days because matchmaker was "balancing" me.Pfft what a piece of crap..

John_Preston #5 Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View Postxdeathcraftx727, on 09 May 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

What about noobs like us?How do we raise stats when MM is letting us only in s*it games where we always loose?!

Hmmm...maybe....do it like those did who you call pros? Everybody started the game with 0 battles and 0 knowledge of game mechanics. It's up to you whether you want to improve or just "plei4fun".

xdeathcraftx727 #6 Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11765 battles
With this wonderfull mm "plei4fun" is not possible at all.

GemmaLou #7 Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostJohn_Preston, on 09 May 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Hmmm...maybe....do it like those did who you call pros? Everybody started the game with 0 battles and 0 knowledge of game mechanics. It's up to you whether you want to improve or just "plei4fun".

a lot of the time it's because people rush to tier 10 and don't leanr stuff as they go, i'm doing it slowly, got 4 tier 6 heavys now and gonna stick here for a bit until i'm good enough to get a 7

John_Preston #8 Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View PostGemmaLou, on 09 May 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

a lot of the time it's because people rush to tier 10 and don't leanr stuff as they go, i'm doing it slowly, got 4 tier 6 heavys now and gonna stick here for a bit until i'm good enough to get a 7

And this is the difference between people who come here to whine about unfair mm and those who actually have some brain.

Yag0 #9 Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles
No, no!
Let's hear them out, it could be interesting?

John_Preston #10 Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

look, whn i started the game i had no idea what i'm doing. I was that player who's driving his Pz 38Na right across malinovka field to "scout". These games were usually short and i was happy when i got a scout medal(i died in the first 30s but whatever). Then i started to read the wiki, came here to read guides/how-tos from other people and watched some videos on youtube. When i've hit 2k battles i had ~50% wr and i had "average" stats.

Now i'm a badass pleyerer, but i can still improve a lot.

- Stop whining.

- Read tutorials/watch videos - learn how to play.

- Don't rush to tier10 - only go for the next tier when you have enough experience on the previous one.

- ?????

- Profit.

Yag0 #11 Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

Oh John!

You killjoy :p

GemmaLou #12 Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostJohn_Preston, on 09 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

And this is the difference between people who come here to whine about unfair mm and those who actually have some brain.

yay i have a brain :p lol

i'm learning all the time, and all my stats are going up (even cap, sorry  i was in a frustrating himmelsdorf game and couldn't be arsed to chase the last kv1 so i got invader) so i must be doing something right :D but i have a very long way to go!

___Lone_Wolf__ #13 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10651 battles
The match making on here stinks -- the worse, you stats become the worse your team's chances of winning become and this reflects on your stats which in  turn gives you crap teams to play with, this becomes an ever increasing downward spiral which really pisses me off - the only answer is to get rid of the win loss count and also the stat count!! ---- But as normal the so called  elite players on here would scream blue murder and NOOB , that's one of the reasons why I have stopped playing a premium account because although I enjoy the game WOT are taking the piss expecting me to give them money for a rigged game, when I log in its normal to only win a few then the stats kick in and the losses rack up!1 So far I am nearly up to 300 losses behind my win rate and its accelerating in the wrong direction.:sceptic:

vh77 #14 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40513 battles

Thanks to Jean_Bart for his article because only when I read about "patent US 8425330 B1 filled by WarGaming in 2012 and published April 23, 2013 - Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game" I found out is reality what I was just guessing for longer time. I'm just an average player but I'm reading a lot of articles and trying to improve and I'm quite sucessfull in case of WIN7 or 8 stats but what is really hard to influence (of course if u don't wana drive OP tanks only untill became crazy from) is winrating. Now I know why I can loose many games in a row without any influence of my playstyle adjust or enormous top damage and kills achieved. Of course it's partially because I'm on the bottom of the tiers list chart in the battle list with around 30% XWM win-chance and in the team full of tomato players and nobody is listenig what I'm recomending them during the game - they are somehow not using brain or they just don't care or they used to loose many games in a row... What is ridiculous in other hand after such a loosing games chain I will win many times if I bearly shoot any round because XVM shows me 78% win-chance befor the battle and purple/blue pro players in OP platoon tanks on my team side just stromed the battlefield and kill everithing they spot and I in my slow HT or TD even had a problem to follow them from distance...

Example 1: I bought GBR HT tier 5 - Churchil1 and of course everithing was stock in it from the begining in a couple of games. But Im quit experienced player and I encountered this tank in a battle many times before so I knew what is thi tank strong in and after around 20 of battles I had approximatelly 70% win rate with this tank at the end of the day. It had shity penetration but somehow rapid fire on a weakspots and hard armor enabled me to kill literally everithing I spotted and encountered. What a surprise for me when I used a few free XP to mounted all top equipment on it next day. I expected if this tank performed so well in stock it will be a real killing machine with top gun but literally it fu*ked everithing up. I found myself at the botom of the tiers line at the start of the battle most of the time fighting Tigers and ISs which I could penetrate hardly even if weak spots targeted after they angled slightly, but most of the time low mobility means death sentence for Churchil if encounter IS or Tiger. So after chain of many defeats (even if I tried to adjust playstile I couldn't simply win a battle no matter I done top damges on the enemies) I finished with around 33% winrate in this tank after his full upgrade yesterday. So I will try today to test if this above mentioned WG system (patent US 8425330 B1) really works and I expect the wining chain today to get back to at least on 50-60% winrate with this tank statistics... but to tell the truth if its really like this it sucks!

Example 2: Now I also understand why Im circling around 51,8% winrate for longer time and working hard not to decrease it too much if Im grinding new tanks. When I'm loosing too much and XVM shows me that Im below 50% winrate for today I use OP tanks like KV-1S or IS to improve statistics a little. But I started to work on Superpershing mission and had to use/grind tier 4 chinese light tank to go up and trobles started - I had a loong chain of looses and all the time against Tier 8 tanks like IS-3, Tiger2 or equal I couldnt many times penetrate even from behind. What is more I was many times only Tier 4 tank in the battlefield - even enemies had at least Tier 5 scout. So at the end of the day I finished with horible winrate around 30% and was fed up to improve it with my OP tanks. So my overal winrate drops down a little (I have 12.5k of battles so it was minor drop like 0,04 or something like that). What a surprize for me next day when I was in the same LT - the system put me all the time in the games with equal tiers tanks or at max tier 7 tanks with XVM 50-78% winchance befor teh match started. Of course I was winning nearly every game I joined in finished many times with 2-3 kills per game - finally finished with overal winrate improved back up around 0,04 again - I didn't knew about above mentioned WG MM patent so I gussed winning chain is because of my crew is more experienced and I knew driving this tank better... If only I read this before I could find out that it's not my skill but system decided: "ok man u will have a chance to win more battles today because u lost enought battles previous day"

...........OMG :facepalm:

In other words if it really works like this and it is set by the system (and I thing now it really does) - no matter how good player u are and how u use your brain, the system will decide insted of u if u will have a chance to win or not long before u will even start the game... so maybe from now I will try not to blame tomato players in my team (in fact they were choosen intentionally to play with me as punishment for me and of course for tem too by the systemwhen I will be put in to the game with XVM 25-38% win chance - I thing now I will just simply write them a message:"ok kids this is lost game just do as much damage as u can to do not loose with extreme difference like 15:0" and after chain of 5-7 games like this I will swith computer off to log in next day hoping WG MM system will decide I was loosing enought previous day and will be more favorable to me and give me something like 50:50 win chance before the match start.

So stay calm if u are loosing few mtches or u are on the loosing chain sudenly and somehow u can't change it - most likely it's not your fault just the system decided!

Have a nice day and I wish u fawourable MM team set up!

John_Preston #15 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View Post___Lone_Wolf__, on 09 May 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

The match making on here stinks -- the worse, you stats become the worse your team's chances of winning become and this reflects on your stats which in  turn gives you crap teams to play with, this becomes an ever increasing downward spiral which really pisses me off -

GemmaLou #16 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8113 battles

that patent also mentions helicopters... where are they?

it's pure bull btw

___Lone_Wolf__ #17 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10651 battles

View PostJohn_Preston, on 09 May 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

NO but i've seen that crap hairdo before lol and its on a big pillock.

Yag0 #18 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

They could be onto something here!

:popcorn:

Yag0 #19 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

View Post___Lone_Wolf__, on 09 May 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

NO but i've seen that crap hairdo before lol and its on a big pillock.

I guess that clears that up then.

Ignore my earlier post please :p

John_Preston #20 Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View Postvh77, on 09 May 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

[wall of text]

So how is that possible that there are players with <50% and others with >60% winrate?

If the game is rigged, it's rigged for everyone.

If WG really would want to "balance our winrate", everyone would be at 50%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users