Horrible game in the KV-1S

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

GeneralNonsenze #1 Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1678 battles

I keep having these games. I can't pen an opposing KV-1S, due to ricochet or just plain 'nope', and then I get slaughtered.

Grrrrrrr

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/842687

And then I have, what I call, an average game.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/842691

:sad:

GemmaH #2 Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8266 battles

i havent watched the replays so no offence meant here :)

make sure you aim for the weakspots on the kv1s and not at the sloped bits of the front armour, the back section of the track is good too cos the fuel tank is there

http://www.wotinfo.n...le=hitzone_kv1s

GeneralNonsenze #3 Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1678 battles

None taken, I'm sure you've got better things to do lol.

Anyway, he kept poking out from the hill, there was no where else to shoot other than the turret. And with the gun's horrible accuracy at such a short range it made it more of a challenge to actually hit the weakspot on the turret. I already know a few of the weakspots anyway.

Major_cjs #4 Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

hey man :smile: I looked at them both, you really need to aim with that 122mm canon for quite some time if you're not in their face.

Weak Spots on the kv-1s:  

From the front:

1. lfp "lower front plate" this is often the best place to shoot if you're not very close because then the angle will become steeper and more likely to bounce.

2. The flat part above the upper front plate and below the turret if your brawling or very close to it then shoot here much bigger chans of penning than the lower front plate when at point blank that is.

3.commanders cupola "the hat on the turret :smile:" this is thicker than the flat surface above the upper front plate so if you see them both then shoot at the flat surface. Also the cupola is sloped and rounded so you must really hit it straight on to penn it and if the enemy kv-1s is good then he will wiggle his turret making it really hard for you to penn it. Never shoot the gun mantlet or the turret cheeks.

From the side:

1. rather shoot farther back than forward of the side of the tank, engine is in the rear so if you lucky you can get a engine fire while penning it around 5-6 wheel "just above the wheels"

2. Tracks acts as space armour so try shooting above the tracks on the flat surface.

3. side of the turret is also very easy to penn and often you kill crew members and if you're lucky the turret will fly off :blinky:

from the rear:

anywhere really, but always try to shoot the engine "you can get lucky to get a fire or knocking it out" otherwise in the machine gun port in the rear of the turret is really easy to penn.

I did watch both your replays and the first thing that struck me was that you went round corners for "peek a boom" tactics, never go sideways because you are really easy to penn from the sides also if you are unlucky they can detrack you by shooting your drive wheel and worse case keeping you tracked so they can penn you but you can't shoot back. In other words always front towards enemy or better yet angle it 40 degrees and they have a much harder time penning you.

On the game on artic you kept shifting between targets making your sight bigger over and over again, if you instead focus on one target then your sight is pre aimed and will have much easier time hitting weak spots in this case the kv-1s cupola.

Sry for the wall of text :hiding:, on my clans webpage there is tons of learning material. here is a link to a tiny bit of it http://www.sgta-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=544

Btw; search for videos about side scraping and learn it, in heavys its probably the best technique there is.

Edited by Major_cjs, 08 May 2014 - 11:11 PM.

Woody1999 #5 Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16337 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
All I have to add is that it's an OP-1S - what else did you expect?

-

Woody

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users