Top of the Tree: Object 430

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Desert_Fox_89 #21 Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21891 battles
Strange, the new russian line...just for make spent some gold to convert free exp?  :trollface:

Murphy1up #22 Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 14 May 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

On Track - Something we should also get on the EU Server

View PostTurkarTV, on 14 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

it was promised by you wargaming that EU would get the same events US would get

that was promised in about september 2013

we are still waiting

edit

OMG it was even YOU who posted it

"Eagle eyed players may notice that this special is pretty much the exact same as the NA special. going forward for all future specials EU and NA will be pretty much doing the exact same. Obirian has been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and talking to our NA counterparts and as a result we will be doing the same specials.This is something that's been requested by the community for a while.
As for changing to a Fri-Sun special from a Sat-Mon, this is still being considered. The number of players over the weekend still fluctuates."

this is pretty much NOT DOING THE EXACT SAME

Back in September that was the plan, and many events from September till about December WERE the same. It's amazing how quickly that is forgotten.  In 2014 it was decided that each region would go back to doing events for their specific communities because if there was any slight difference in the specials, players would kick off and complain about the differences.  The intention was to have over the course of a month, the same events but to also allow for differences (such as featuring different tanks or using different dates in the month to apply different bonus (for example we do an equipment discount in week 3, and NA does it in week 2..). 

Sadly when it comes to specials all some people seem to care about is what's not there. People quickly ignore what's available to them and instead just point out what's missing or what else they'd prefer.

Take the recent Military Parade special as an example:

EU:  From Thursday 8th May at 07:10 until Monday 12th May at 07:00 CEST (GMT +2)

NA: From Friday, May 9, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) until Monday, May 12, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT)

EU got an extra day for the event. Out of 8 pages only 1 single player commented on it.  - At no point does anyone say "Hey we got more this isn't fair" but players are quick to say "We got less, that isn't fair".  That's not cool. 

CoolAutumnRain #23 Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15606 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY

View Postmishatopola, on 14 May 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

WG guys are you normal?

I don't see camo skill and optics :|

You expect them to understand the meta at all? :) 

SP_Legion #24 Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23342 battles
  • [LV_L] LV_L

Pfff EU specials suck mostly.

Russians got x2 exp all may not crew exp all exp I think its pretty easy to get SuperPershing that way no?

US server have "on tracks" That is clearly better than top of the tree.

Yes we had one more day in "Military parade" but ru server had one more thing to it 30% discount on vehicle research pretty neat yes?

All in all conclusion is YES EU GOT WORSE SPECIAL EVENTS THAN OTHERS sadly :(

Eokokok #25 Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18447 battles

On one hand I do get the whine, since so far I believe that counting the total bonus for each server EU would fall short. By a huge margin at that.

Then there is the question why would anyone want to spend their time grinding tanks that are worse then the other line of the nation and other nations at the same time. For special at the same time, seems kinda like w waste of time.

But hey, big discount for top tier tanks, that is still ok, with all the specials and missions flying left and right I could not care less, earning credits without premium even when playing tier 9 and 10, easy money so to speak.

Edited by Eokokok, 14 May 2014 - 06:22 PM.

djuro900 #26 Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16829 battles

View PostEctar, on 14 May 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Back in September that was the plan, and many events from September till about December WERE the same. It's amazing how quickly that is forgotten.  In 2014 it was decided that each region would go back to doing events for their specific communities because if there was any slight difference in the specials, players would kick off and complain about the differences.  The intention was to have over the course of a month, the same events but to also allow for differences (such as featuring different tanks or using different dates in the month to apply different bonus (for example we do an equipment discount in week 3, and NA does it in week 2..). 

Sadly when it comes to specials all some people seem to care about is what's not there. People quickly ignore what's available to them and instead just point out what's missing or what else they'd prefer.

EU:  From Thursday 8th May at 07:10 until Monday 12th May at 07:00 CEST (GMT +2)

NA: From Friday, May 9, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) until Monday, May 12, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT)

EU got an extra day for the event. Out of 8 pages only 1 single player commented on it.  - At no point does anyone say "Hey we got more this isn't fair" but players are quick to say "We got less, that isn't fair".  That's not cool. 

Spare me the cheap patronizing,just give us the same specials as US and problem solved.As someone already mentioned you promised us same specials,and they were the same for 1 whole month and then you were back.I see you pointed out that we had 1 day extra,do you realy want me to pull out every special for EU and US so we can see who got better special more times,or do you want to compare to Ru maybe?And i am not even including top of the tree which is every time without fail better for Us.

And you still didnt answer question,why did you returned to different specials when community was more than happy with same specials as Us????

The_Trickster #27 Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 56309 battles
  • [SCRWD] SCRWD

View PostTurkarTV, on 14 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

it was promised by you wargaming that EU would get the same events US would get

that was promised in about september 2013

we are still waiting

edit

OMG it was even YOU who posted it

"Eagle eyed players may notice that this special is pretty much the exact same as the NA special. going forward for all future specials EU and NA will be pretty much doing the exact same. Obirian has been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and talking to our NA counterparts and as a result we will be doing the same specials.This is something that's been requested by the community for a while.
As for changing to a Fri-Sun special from a Sat-Mon, this is still being considered. The number of players over the weekend still fluctuates."

this is pretty much NOT DOING THE EXACT SAME

Being saying this for last few of these, with no response from Ectar or any of the others. Basically looks like EU is the ugly stepchild of the WG server communities.

I_Thought_She_Was_Tier_8 #28 Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10697 battles

You're digging a grave for yourself and its getting deeper and deeper, maybe you should speak with your managers first before posting something like this, pointing out how we had 1 day longer on an event as compared to every single time the US get something better is just nit picking, to us in EU it is unfair but how you see it you think we should just bend over and take it because we get 1 day longer on 1 event?

A_Hardy_Buck #29 Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles

Rather curious set of equipment, skills& perks for a T10 RU med , who picks those  :teethhappy:

Picking Vents over optics in a game that's all about vision control and BIA before full camo crew ? It's playing against the strengths of the RU meds , but yeah anything for that 0.21 faster reload :child:

Block Quote

Minding that your engine’s chance of fire upon impact is only 10%, it may be a good idea to use the Lend-Lease Oilconsumable instead of a Fire Extinguisher

Considering the it can be flamed from the front from fuel tanks that's a terrible suggestion but if you're going to suggest BIA , Vents why not go all out on the incremental bonuses and suggest combat rations  instead of lend lease oil 

carnivorous #30 Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17925 battles
I would never use Ventilation over Optics on 430. Viewrange is much more important. Also preventive maintenance is great skill to have even with low fire chance.

Raidr #31 Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12491 battles

After playing 12000 games on the EU server i moved to the NA server early last year. What I can say with 100% certainty is that the events and staff over there are leaps and bounds better than they are on the EU server.

The top of the tree event here is EXACTLY the same as the on track event on the NA server. The only difference is we get extra missions that make it worthwhile for people to actually do the grind. The staff on the NA server is unbelievably invested in the well being of the community! I feel so sorry for those of you that have to put up with the crap over here. The staff here just dont care.

Edited by Raidr, 14 May 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Murphy1up #32 Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postdjuro900, on 14 May 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Spare me the cheap patronizing,just give us the same specials as US and problem solved.As someone already mentioned you promised us same specials,and they were the same for 1 whole month and then you were back.I see you pointed out that we had 1 day extra,do you realy want me to pull out every special for EU and US so we can see who got better special more times,or do you want to compare to Ru maybe?And i am not even including top of the tree which is every time without fail better for Us.

And you still didnt answer question,why did you returned to different specials when community was more than happy with same specials as Us????

Top of the tree is exactly the same for all regions. Sometimes other regions add events to go along with it.

Top of the tree is 30% increased credits and 30% discount for 3 tanks at the top of a branch.  That's what it's always been since it started on any server. That is "Top of the tree"  

"On track" is a discount in a branch from tier II to tier VII that's something we have actually already done in the past with it was voted on by the community and also done via an random draw. - Again everyone is quickly forgetting these bonuses have already taken place on the EU server when the NA server didn't have them. 

View PostI_Thought_She_Was_Tier_8, on 14 May 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

You're digging a grave for yourself and its getting deeper and deeper, maybe you should speak with your managers first before posting something like this, pointing out how we had 1 day longer on an event as compared to every single time the US get something better is just nit picking, to us in EU it is unfair but how you see it you think we should just bend over and take it because we get 1 day longer on 1 event?

It may seem like nit picking and I can understand that viewpoint.  Bear in mind common feedback in special topics is such things as:

"It's not fair, there is no garage discount this week but NA has it" 

*next week EU has garage discount*

"It's not fair, there is no barracks discount this week but NA has it"

*next week barracks discount*

"What discount TD's?  But I wanted discount mediums. This is no good for me"

Every weekend individual players disagree with the special and make comments like "Well no WoT for me this weekend"  purely because the weekend special doesn't cater to their individual needs. It's also usually the same players posting in these threads to complain about something different each week, or just drop by to find something they disagree with.

1. The specials will never cater to individual players.
  2. The specials will always have regional differences. 

In the past we tried to match then and it didn't work.  I know our statement (specifically mine) was different in the past but things have changed now (and can still always change again in the future).

SP_Legion #33 Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23342 battles
  • [LV_L] LV_L
And ca

View PostEctar, on 14 May 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

In the past we tried to match then and it didn't work.  I know our statement (specifically mine) was different in the past but things have changed now (and can still always change again in the future).

Can i ask you what have changed?

TurkarTV #34 Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21335 battles

Back in September that was the plan, and many events from September till about December WERE the same. It's amazing how quickly that is forgotten.

As you can see i have been playing since 17.4.2014 so i dont know about prior events.

In 2014 it was decided that each region would go back to doing events for their specific communities because if there was any slight difference in the specials, players would kick off and complain about the differences.

Then create events without slight differences, all it takes is an email to wot.us

The intention was to have over the course of a month, the same events but to also allow for differences (such as featuring different tanks or using different dates in the month to apply different bonus (for example we do an equipment discount in week 3, and NA does it in week 2..). 

what are the advantages of doing this?

i fail to see any

so here i will point out what i am missing,

IF i would be playing on the us servers i would have gotten:

1x Dicker Max

1x 105 leFH18B2

Soon to be:

1x T34

1x Matilda IV

And here is what i got:

1x T2 Light (dont know if this was also an US event)

Soon to be:

1x Super Pershing (or Super Nerfing)

Yes its not cool, US should have gotten another day of 5x EXP too.

But i would trade all 5x EXP for some free Premium Tanks like NA gets.

IF you want to be different then dont make some gutted "On Track" event and Call it "Top of the Tree".

Either make your own On Track to a totaly different tank with SIMILAR rewards (aka tier 2-10 Bonuses in different intervals and a SIMILAR Premium Tank at the Top Reward) or just make the On Track event like the US is doing.

At the moment people will ALWAYS be pissed when there are free Tanks on US and no free Tanks here on EU

EDIT:

"In the past we tried to match then and it didn't work.  I know our statement (specifically mine) was different in the past but things have changed now (and can still always change again in the future)."

The EASIEST and BEST solution would be to make sure you copy the US event 100%, that way NOBODY CAN COMPLAIN!

Red text is reserved for wg staff only.

Edited by Neilloss46, 16 May 2014 - 04:18 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

FreakaMan #35 Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45660 battles

Had to choose this Sunday between 121 and obj430... Bought the 121 :D.

This weekend it's going to be 4.5 mil for the 32nd and last T10 left.

Collection complete.

I_Thought_She_Was_Tier_8 #36 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10697 battles
simply put just give everyone the same specials then no one can complain, whats so hard about that, then you cant say "people complain about it being unfair"

Woel #37 Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24260 battles

That one day sounds amazing.

Still, I'd rather have a T34 mission and weekly missions like these (last week's and this week's missions):

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/spring-thunder/

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/fireworks-missions/

Then again, I suppose there's no point complaining about free stuff. All these missions are quite big improvement compared to what we had about a year ago (occasional 2x crew exp and 3x or 5x exp for first victories on every second weekend or so).

KurriKlown #38 Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13810 battles
  • [H2TF] H2TF

Finally! I still only need the Object 430 for my Tank Expert: Soviet Union. Hopefully this Top of the Tree will drag this med clone out of hiding :playing:

Go grinders, and join me on EU2!

ZaBici #39 Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12638 battles

@Ectar, I think you should be evaluating whether a special was well received or not by the number of pages of complaints the said special has. Because i don't log in to thank you guys for a good special ( did this only a couple of times, specifically to balance the general negative tone on these threads) but i might log in more often to point out something that is unfair ( and i'm not talking about "why is this a td special, omg i have med gg" ).

Ot:

What i did enjoy and i hope to see it again, was the special for 50k silver i think if you were in the top 3 or 5 ~ and the one for 75k silver if you killed 4 tanks. I made a killing with that special, and i don't know if that was on the Us. Also i don't care much about these prem tanks specials because i don't have the time or the will to farm for them, but i do agree that there shouldn't be a huge gap from eu to us server but i'm not convinced that is the case. We had an is-6 (heard from a friend) special some time ago, a t2 light and now super pershing?... Still not that bad though in my opinion, as dicker max / lefh are utter crap.

Anyway my point is there will ALWAYS be someone complaining here, so judge if the special is well received by the number of pages compared to another's special number of pages.

Edited by ZaBici, 15 May 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Idylla #40 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17538 battles

I'm still a bit confused...

• Why were there slight differences? WG knew that this annoyed people, yet they were still different? :amazed:
  • Why did you change this policy, and did you notify anyone? As far as I knew we were still supposed to be aligned to the US specials?

Cheers;

Idy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users