My good bye

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Krogenator #1 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Well I figured I would say my good by like a lot of the other people that have rage quit before me.

As it is some time since I did rage quit though I don't think I will do to much of a rant but will try to fit some inn somewhere.

Oh and I already know most of you wont give a sh!t but I just felt like posting this anyways.

My reason for rage quitting was the 9.0 update and I know that was some time ago now but it took me this long to get 550 posts on the forum and 14k battles(I have a small OCD with numbers) before I was happy to leave.

Like many others I was getting CTD a lot of the time and I was generally getting worse teams(might just be my mindset at the time) then I used to get.And if you do not think 9.0 was that bad this is how bad it was for me.

The flattening out after the big dip was when I figured out that by installing WoT on my "C: drive"(SSD) it stopped crashing,and no it was not my mods as I installed "XVM" and "tank carousel" on the C: drive as well and that are the only mods I used.

With that said 9.0 was not the only reason I decided to rage quit.I have been getting more and more frustrated with the game over time as the general skill level of the players have been dropping for a long time,WG keep adding "paper tanks",the power creep not being dealt with,degradation of communication over time and the continuing arguments everyone have over and over and again on the forum with out anyone finishing the argument just starting a new one.

All this added up to me not enjoying the game.And like someone ones said to me "if you don't like the game don't play it",something I find wrong as a fun game should not be getting worse and you should just go do something else considering how much time and effort I have put into the game(As it stands now I have over 1053 hours of game time,not including garage time and training time with other people and I have spent at least 300 Euro on the game over the past 3 years).

I know I have taken brakes from WoT game before and this might just turn out to be another one of those but for now I have already uninstalled WoT about 3 weeks ago from my main computer and have not missed it at all.Unlike some of the previous rage quits I have had from this game I don't feel a need to play WoT as I have found other "tank games" to play.

Have been enjoying the closed beta testing of WarThunder Ground Forces and if any of you out there are also playing it I hope to see you on the battlefield.

This will be my last post for a very long time I suspect so I will just wish you all good luck and good hunting,then we will see what the future brings.

Woody1999 #2 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15261 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Good luck on your future mate, we'll miss you. I do hope you'll come back one day, but if not, then it's your choice :)

-

I'll be joining you on WTGF as soon as it's released (didn't do enough of the missions to get CBT key), have a wonderful time!

-

Woody

Major_cjs #3 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

Sorry to hear this, i wish you good luck in whatever you might do :smile:

I do think you should hang around the forums tho, dont 14000 games and 1400 post look better :tongue: A bit mean to trigger your OCD maybe :blinky:

I will try ground forces when its out so maybe see you there.

Best regards; Christoffer :glasses:

DB2212 #4 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15502 battles

View PostKrogenator, on 15 May 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

550 posts on the forum and 14k battles(I have a small OCD with numbers) before I was happy to leave.

*CDO*

letters MUST BE IN THE CORRECT ORDER :tongue:

Enjoy your break, see you in a few months

5_InchFl0ppy #5 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well play what you find fun, I doubt I'll spend much time on WTGF but I am looking forward to seeing the development of Armored Warfare.

I am also getting annoyed again with the game after a 2 month break a few months ago and its a combination of poor game development and a steady decline of the skill level that is really getting on my nerves.

I mean the game does have its moments where it is fun but more often than not I am finding myself starting to get depressed seeing the line up with a ton of 43-46% players in tier 8 and up and I think to myself, it would be nice to not have to play my arse off to win a few games in a row.

The thing that has kept me playing this is that there was no competition and while I don't expect the players to be any better on the other 2 games I am at least hoping the games will look nicer and have less luck based mechanics involved. Things like arty and so much RNG just invoke rage for me and I don't play games to get pissed off.

Either way have fun in the next games you play, its kind of a shame that a player like yourself who doesn't hamper his teams through general incompetence has decided that the game is not worth the aggro anymore o7.

Yag0 #6 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

Cya Krogen.

This game and its' development is annoying to say the least.

Rostklump #7 Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View PostWoody1999, on 15 May 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

Good luck on your future mate, we'll miss you. I do hope you'll come back one day, but if not, then it's your choice :)

-

I'll be joining you on WTGF as soon as it's released (didn't do enough of the missions to get CBT key), have a wonderful time!

-

Woody

WTGF is released already so that will be a short wait.

Woody1999 #8 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15261 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It was released today, that post was the night before :P

-

Just letting my awesome broadband take 7 hours to download the 1.4GB patch. Yeah, it's that bad.

-

Woody

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users