[9.3 C.T] Four's FPS and performance modpack (4.0+)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

KraKonFOUR #1 Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles

9.Three C-Tee Readee

Four is trying to persuade the player that he should download the Mod,

and, to impress him, installs the mod and says, 

'Now I am become FPS, the destroyer of lag'

I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

Hi!

This thread will be the final repository for the FPS modpack I'm working on, for versions 1.3 and above. 

Lowest settings not enough?

Massive frame rate drops when sniping through bushes?

Game freezes when entering sniper mode?

New screenshots!

Spoiler

Here is a mod pack which takes you one step closer to having a decent FPS.

This modpack is meant for standard graphics only. It might cause problems with higher graphics options. 

This modpack contains solely xml files (settings) and dds files (compressed textures). 

Advantages:

-Massive FPS boost

-Significant loading time decrease. 

-No smoke or explosions means no lag when getting shot at or firing. 

-No lag drops when entering sniper mode.

-Smooth fps when looking through bushes and tree clusters

-Mod has no executables or python scripts.

Link to (no ads):

Version 4.0 for 9.3 Test Server 

Full 3.0 version

3.Lite version 

How to install:

-Download the compressed file. 

-Open the compressed file.

-Extract the contents of the mod file into your res_mods folder. The resulting path should be res_mods/9.3/spaces for example. 

-Overwrite all files when asked.

Ask any questions you might have here.

If you liked the mod and its effects, post the changes in FPS for your computer and configurations -  it will allow me to know which direction to head in next and to set a reference for other players.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Cheers!

Defragment your WoT folder.

You'll whine less afterwards.

Edited by KraKonFOUR, 14 September 2014 - 02:03 AM.

Vintervarg #2 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9041 battles
  • [TABRO] TABRO
Is it just me or everyone got a full 12 gb of update this morning? Could it be because of this mod?

KraKonFOUR #3 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles

View PostVintervarg, on 15 May 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Is it just me or everyone got a full 12 gb of update this morning? Could it be because of this mod?

*sigh*

The Updater checks the integrity, the 'completeness', of the /res/ folder.

This mod goes into the /res_mods/ folder. Therefore, a full 12GB update can only be triggered by you messing up your own game files.

Something like those goddamned audio mods. 

Vintervarg #4 Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9041 battles
  • [TABRO] TABRO
Micropatch 9.0.4 was against your mod. WG don't want us be playin' World of Legos. xD

KraKonFOUR #5 Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles

View PostVintervarg, on 15 May 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Micropatch 9.0.4 was against your mod. WG don't want us be playin' World of Legos. xD

Actually, I think there are only 3 maps affected by 9.0.4 that create problems with my mod. Murovanka, Sand River and Erlenberg. I'm going to rework the settings for every map just in case. 

KraKonFOUR #6 Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles
1.4 is out!

Vintervarg #7 Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9041 battles
  • [TABRO] TABRO
I'm the man with the problems. Apparently, the link does not redirect me to a download page as the previous ones. Can you double check if that's the link?

DEATH_BY_SNUSNU #8 Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 63 battles
Here's the fixed link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3aw4bmfa4l7mvu/Four%27s+FPS+1.4.rar

Edited by DEATH_BY_SNUSNU, 15 May 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Ecleipse #9 Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14658 battles
  • [ELCC] ELCC

When i use this mod, sometimes the game suddenly just closes without even any warning..

Any clue on what it could be?

If I run the game without the mod that doesn't happen, but the FPS increase from the mod was really working fine before the latest WOT update.

KraKonFOUR #10 Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles

View PostEcleipse, on 17 May 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

When i use this mod, sometimes the game suddenly just closes without even any warning..

Any clue on what it could be?

If I run the game without the mod that doesn't happen, but the FPS increase from the mod was really working fine before the latest WOT update.

That is quite strange.

It has never happened to me, nor has it been reported by any other users of the mod.

I can only conclude that the problem is on your side. Since the game loads and plays fine, but randomly crashes, I can see only two causes:

-Memory leak causes the game to get shut down. You can waste five minutes send a support ticket to WG. 

-Your GPU is overheating. Since this mod frees up work from the CPU, I'm guessing your GPU is being made to work more and therefore heats up more. I strongly suggest you open the case and clean the fistful of dust you have in the fan. 

Vintervarg #11 Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9041 battles
  • [TABRO] TABRO

I've got the same issue. It crashes on Pearl River in a certain spot: Going from south base around E7. Crashed three times in that battle. Each time my game loaded that battle, it crashed. Apparently it might be a thing in that certain spot or a certain tank that was in that spot[?] 

Meanwhile I've deleted the mod, but I think I will use it again soon. Maybe I can find more "crash spots" on other maps so I can "contribute" to this mod.

I will make my mission in life to point out what's wrong with this mod. I loved the previous versions: 1.1 and 1.2. it would be a shame if this mod disappears. It did not increase my FPS, but the fact that it helped me with the lag spikes when entering sniper mode was epic.

st0wnd #12 Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10036 battles
  • [B_W_G] B_W_G

Same problem here, CTD every battle when the first shot hits. Did some research with the try & fail method, turns out that maps\fx\damage_stickers\ responsible for the crashes. Overwriten them with the colored ricochets ones, now the mod works fine together with aslain xvm pack. On my laptop the perfomance boost is significant from 10-20 to 20-30 fps. Strangely i don't have an fps lag when entering sniper mode, but when zooming in the game stutters for about 1,5 sec.( I didn't have that issue on the old sniper lag fix ) what maybe causing that?

Anyway awesome job with the mod, hope you keep working on it.

Vintervarg #13 Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9041 battles
  • [TABRO] TABRO

View Postst0wnd, on 17 May 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

turns out that maps\fx\damage_stickers\ responsible for the crashes. Overwriten them with the colored ricochets ones

What? Where can I find the "colored ricochets" ones?

st0wnd #14 Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10036 battles
  • [B_W_G] B_W_G

View PostVintervarg, on 17 May 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

What? Where can I find the "colored ricochets" ones?

http://worldof-tanks.com/colored-hits/

kinikas2 #15 Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3756 battles

View Postst0wnd, on 17 May 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

thank you. replaced the folder and now works perfectly. was randomly closing b4.  now even with xvm i get 30-40fps

KraKonFOUR #16 Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles

View PostVintervarg, on 17 May 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

I've got the same issue. It crashes on Pearl River in a certain spot: Going from south base around E7. Crashed three times in that battle. Each time my game loaded that battle, it crashed. Apparently it might be a thing in that certain spot or a certain tank that was in that spot[?] 

Meanwhile I've deleted the mod, but I think I will use it again soon. Maybe I can find more "crash spots" on other maps so I can "contribute" to this mod.

I will make my mission in life to point out what's wrong with this mod. I loved the previous versions: 1.1 and 1.2. it would be a shame if this mod disappears. It did not increase my FPS, but the fact that it helped me with the lag spikes when entering sniper mode was epic.

I'm sorry about that. You must understand that I am alone in developing this mod, and that there is no way I can playtest for all the possible situations where this mod interacts with the game. 

I just try my best with the help of people like you.

View Postst0wnd, on 17 May 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Same problem here, CTD every battle when the first shot hits. Did some research with the try & fail method, turns out that maps\fx\damage_stickers\ responsible for the crashes. Overwriten them with the colored ricochets ones, now the mod works fine together with aslain xvm pack. On my laptop the perfomance boost is significant from 10-20 to 20-30 fps. Strangely i don't have an fps lag when entering sniper mode, but when zooming in the game stutters for about 1,5 sec.( I didn't have that issue on the old sniper lag fix ) what maybe causing that?

Anyway awesome job with the mod, hope you keep working on it.

First shot hits -> First damage sticker loaded.

In the 1.5 version I'm putting up now, I simply deleted the damage_sticker folder. 

To correctly test the sniper mode fps fix, complete the following actions:

-Cover you vision. One way to do this is to enter sniper mode facing a wall.

-Look at something within 600m away. You can do this by reversing from behind a wall or peeking over a hill while in sniper mode.

-Look at something 900+ meters away, usually by pointing at the horizon and entering sniper mode. 

Tell me whether you feel lag at either of the distances. 

View Postkinikas2, on 18 May 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

thank you. replaced the folder and now works perfectly. was randomly closing b4.  now even with xvm i get 30-40fps

Cool.

I've updated with a fix. 

KraKonFOUR #17 Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 21826 battles
1.5 is up!

st0wnd #18 Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10036 battles
  • [B_W_G] B_W_G

View PostKraKonFOUR, on 20 May 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

To correctly test the sniper mode fps fix, complete the following actions:

-Cover you vision. One way to do this is to enter sniper mode facing a wall.

-Look at something within 600m away. You can do this by reversing from behind a wall or peeking over a hill while in sniper mode.

-Look at something 900+ meters away, usually by pointing at the horizon and entering sniper mode. 

Tell me whether you feel lag at either of the distances. 

The fps lag appears everytime when i zoom in whilst in sniper mode, framerate drops do 15-17 for 1,5-3sec then jumps back to 30-40, zooming in and out doesn't trigger lag until I exit sniper mode

and enter it again. This happens everywhere regardless of my surroundings nor where i'm pointing the xhair, kinda feels like the engine is re-rendering the LoD or something. Messed around with the space.setting files, maxing blendPreloadDistance + normalPreloadDistance solves the issue but the fps loss is quite bitter.

everspl #19 Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25474 battles
  • [TES-X] TES-X

I have the same thing mate

"The fps lag appears everytime when i zoom in whilst in sniper mode, framerate drops do 15-17 for 1,5-3sec then jumps back to 30-40, zooming in and out doesn't trigger lag until I exit sniper mode"

Edited by everspl, 24 May 2014 - 12:27 PM.

_Sig_ #20 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12928 battles
I was quite skeptical towards this mod (e.i. we have the both Russian Tweakers already), but after some testing I must say that the OP made a good job, and this stuff works fine. I just hope you won't get bored and stop updating it :-).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users