• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Grand_Moff_Tano #101 Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostT0byJug, on 16 May 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Long wait!!! just been announced it will be delayed! start of 2016

I know, but it's the type of game I've always dreamed about, being able to play something the X-series in Multiplayer and although it's not X-series it's still that dream.

Ace_of_Sp4des #102 Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25481 battles
So far so good, I love it. Besides that tank drifting that is hurting my eyes. Graphics are insane compared to wot's from my perspective, I play world of tanks on minimum and I can play WT GF on very good graphics while having quite good fps. :3

Shade1982 #103 Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20582 battles

View PostRozbrus, on 16 May 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Well I have just discovered that Gaijin has a working multi turreted T-35 to be added soon. And more will follow. Funny as we were told by WG that such a thing is not possible.

They haven't said it's impossible. In fact, they already said in a QA a bit back they were working on this as well...

Rozbrus #104 Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12331 battles

View PostShade1982, on 19 May 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

They haven't said it's impossible. In fact, they already said in a QA a bit back they were working on this as well...

Yeah, after three years and only because WT will have it soon.

Rostklump #105 Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 May 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

oh yes cus all the low tier tank in GF spamming Artillery support on your location all the time is better right? 10+ tanks sitting near cap, and they all use it with a few seconds in between them. That hill is a no go zone for 60 seconds. And its not just 1 shell. Each tank gets a salvo. Spread first. Then dead accurate later. Cooldown is about the same as a tier X SPG here.

I have only died to arty when i have been tracked so don't camp and arty is no problem.

Camp near cap? Yes it happends on some tiny arcade maps but once they get some more maps out just play realistic or simulator and the can camp all they like since they will then be completly useless, try camping on kursk and see how well that works.

Besides all those base campers are easy kills if you just manages to flank them since they will all be sitting on a ridge looking the wrong way and getting shot in the side or rear in WT is anything but healthy.

Verbal #106 Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 21785 battles

I've been playing WOT since I got my CB key way back when. I love it but WT GF has drawn me away for the time being.

The no hit points mantra I prefer, ok you get your ammo blown up by some pea shooter now and then but hey, that's how it goes, the same 'screw you' feeling you get when you do it to someone else.

Arty, well that has always been my utter hatred in WoT, it's necessary but it's implementation is poor, it's often times nothing to do with positioning or cover, in fact if you're forced to sit behind rocks then it's counter intuitive for anti-camping which is the WT mechanic. If you get hit by arty in WT you deserve to get hit, you get early shells drop to mark out in which area the full barrage will hit, you simply move 5 yards. If you get hit, you've missed the audio cue and the visual one or you've just moved into the area but then you've managed to miss the explosions going on right in front of you.

The tanks available to play also appeal more, they are actual tanks that for the best part saw combat. Not fantasy tanks that were drawn on the back of a cigarette packet. Yes it's more exciting and a constant carrot but the Tiger I being competitive at all times is much more appealing, you can knock one out easily, but if you hit something with the 88, they know about it.

Graphics and engine, hands down win for WT. Refinement, firmly in WoT's favour at the moment, it just feels more polished.

WT will have combined arms engagements, if that doesn't appeal when it's implemented, I don't know what genre you're looking for. Dive bombers trying to pick off tanks and being repelled by player driven flak batteries etc. something to look forward to.

All in all, WoT is tomato friendly, WT you get annihilated or you learn quickly. I love both, but Gaijin have destroyed WoWP and with more time it will certainly provide a worthy alternative to WoT on an engine that undoubtably has a longer lifespan ahead of it.

Edited by Verbal, 19 May 2014 - 11:42 PM.

xdeathcraftx727 #107 Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12419 battles
War Thunder is not that interesting so Wot wil not loose so many players..Nope she wont.Tracks are realistic but it will soon or later be boring.Even for me, im a big fan of realistic tracks and that kind of stuff, but WTGF are kind of boring..Also grind is sh1t, when you research tier 2 tank it requiers to research every t1 tank in the line (about 5-6k exp each)..Dont waste ur time with WT, nothing personal ;].Wot is just better:medal:

Edited by xdeathcraftx727, 20 May 2014 - 08:35 AM.

Shade1982 #108 Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20582 battles

View PostRozbrus, on 19 May 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yeah, after three years and only because WT will have it soon.

Actually, they already announced it way before GF was even in Alpha, but they said it wasn't very high on their list as they wanted to update the graphics first...

Voodoo_X #109 Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28870 battles

The only impact that it might cause, is an earlier release of an incomplete Havoc engine.

But WarThunder is not a competition in any way. It's the only game that I found better than expected, in recent few years ( and of course Mass Effect trilogy for offline)

klavsc #110 Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35632 battles
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR

View Postmccqa, on 17 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

So far so good, I love it. Besides that tank drifting that is hurting my eyes. Graphics are insane compared to wot's from my perspective, I play world of tanks on minimum and I can play WT GF on very good graphics while having quite good fps. :3

Tank drifting makes things fun, like for example, a T-50 outcircling a KV-1 with style or such. I agree that it is glitchy when jumping around with tanks, I believe they havent nailed the physics on the point of impact after the jump and it sort of teleports the tank a second later. And yeah, the graphics are very pretty (if a bit unoptimised atm :3) and it manages to run better than WOT half the time on my PC.

GankampfWagen #111 Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 710 battles

View Postxdeathcraftx727, on 20 May 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

War Thunder is not that interesting so Wot wil not loose so many players..Nope she wont.Tracks are realistic but it will soon or later be boring.Even for me, im a big fan of realistic tracks and that kind of stuff, but WTGF are kind of boring..Also grind is sh1t, when you research tier 2 tank it requiers to research every t1 tank in the line (about 5-6k exp each)..Dont waste ur time with WT, nothing personal ;].Wot is just better:medal:

I got to tier III in germany and tier II in USSR in four days.About 20 tanks in total.

How many tanks did you have in WOT in four days' playtime?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users