wt gf open beta and the impact of it on wot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Ceeb #61 Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33196 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Have to say i looked at WTGFs yesterday.....its nice. really nice and the gaming engine is sublime, my reason for tested was the 4 games I lost on the bounce last night.  FV304s in platoons ripping me apart. (yes Im taking Whine with my Cheese) but after a really bad weekend in WoT the break was refreshing.

Both games have their place,. Both have their good points but going forward....WoT isnt getting anymore money off me for the foreseeable future. 

WTGF

Elite Dangerous. 

Wargame

FiFa 14

leaves little time for WOT that I would normally make time for. But I dont think its my game play i just think quality is gone and WG is going in the wrong direction.  

MkH #62 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38557 battles
  • [PSOP] PSOP

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 16 May 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

My opinion on it? I'd like for these threads to stop popping up and instead find a single thread dedicated to the subject. 

To be fair, the threads seem to get locked for no reason after running for a while

zbing #63 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23201 battles

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 16 May 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

The impact on me? Another game to play while I wait for Star Citizen

No need to wait for so long, Elite: Dangerous is just behind the corner :smile:

Grand_Moff_Tano #64 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View Postzbing, on 16 May 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

No need to wait for so long, Elite: Dangerous is just behind the corner :smile:

I'll wait for Star Citizen :izmena:

ilhilh #65 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27232 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I haven't tried it... but 4 players in my clan did and they stuck it out for less than 2 hours.  Personally, I have no real interest in grinding another tank game so unless GF becomes the game for tanks then I am unlikely to switch.

There was a lot of talk of the simulation mode because 'realism is best' and 'it will keep the kiddies out' when the reality is that often the skill barrier required to get any kind of enjoyment is too high for all but the most serious players.  And, once you have the serious players making the most of the game mode it makes it really hard for people to learn without getting smashed to bits.

Anyway, when I looked at WoT last night there was still 170k people online so I think I might be safe for a while :)

wims80 #66 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles
I haven't played GF much, perhaps 20 rounds, just about all of them in arcade mode. It wasn't very difficult tho, nor was it campy. In my best round I think I got 15 kills, I played it ultra aggressively. It's not really that campy of a game, because the maps are made in such a way that you can aggressively flank your opponents

Edited by wims80, 16 May 2014 - 11:15 AM.

3kilos #67 Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostKurnubego, on 16 May 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

WT is not competitor to WoT. Few reasons:

1) it's more of a geek game. Gonna lose few fanboys, well, so what?
2) WT seems to prey on "protest votes" not a sound long term tactic
3) game itself is boring, ye pretty tanks, realism... realism gets boring quick, unless you're a fanboy.

These two different games going for two different market. And WT market is bunch of hipsters really. 

"and listening to the community more" - they do listen. For example rebalancing was postponed. Altough, they don't listen for narrow-sighted stupid ideas, I can grant you that.

And WT market is bunch of hipsters really. ?

Really dude really ? If you are a reflection of the hardcore player base in WoT its no wonder 90% of the players in WoT are bots or could not find their own arses in the dark with a flashlight ... but hey don't let me contradict your stronk logic

WoT is nothing more than a cheap arcade game with some historical background where WG is playing with the tanks however they see fit in the name of balance ... but where is the balance when they release autoloaders and tanks that can 1 hit you or arties with exceptional accuracy and dmg ? The business model of this game is so rotten ...  but in time maybe you will understand and see it for what it is, crap game with old engine, bad maps and RNG that will help the less skilled players ... not to mention the fricking lags which after 6 months are still present all the time.

WT is a much better and advanced game(technically and game play wise) and I think in time it will relegate WoT only to sub par players and bots.

Edited by 3kilos, 16 May 2014 - 12:04 PM.

tajj7 #68 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Different games though both tank based combat.

I will play both, fairly new to World of tanks but enjoying it, enjoyed Warthunder ground forces so far in the closed beta and looking forward to seeing where it goes because so far it;s been very good.

But really WOT is COD and WTGF is Battlefield/Arma, (depending on the mode you choose) different styles, different features, just tanks in common really.

Competition is good as well hopefully both companies will be battlling it out to make us play both and us the gamers win. 

mystikro #69 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33812 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttajj7, on 16 May 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

But really WOT is COD and WTGF is Battlefield/Arma, (depending on the mode you choose) different styles, different features, just tanks in common really.

That does appear to be the case, certainly WOT it's more COD than strategic, because gold ammo kinda killed strategy.

But, what I find great in WT is that they have dealt with bots even before they appeared. No damage = no XP. Bye bye botting. That's a big plus from me.

Edited by mystikro, 16 May 2014 - 12:43 PM.

MadGunna #70 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11147 battles
  • [G0T] G0T
I just want a map the size of Kursk in World of Tanks. Or hell just bigger maps in general.

T0byJug #71 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19492 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 16 May 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'll wait for Star Citizen :izmena:

Long wait!!! just been announced it will be delayed! start of 2016

T0byJug #72 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19492 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post3kilos, on 16 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

And WT market is bunch of hipsters really. ?

Really dude really ? If you are a reflection of the hardcore player base in WoT its no wonder 90% of the players in WoT are bots or could not find their own arses in the dark with a flashlight ... but hey don't let me contradict your stronk logic

WoT is nothing more than a cheap arcade game with some historical background where WG is playing with the tanks however they see fit in the name of balance ... but where is the balance when they release autoloaders and tanks that can 1 hit you or arties with exceptional accuracy and dmg ? The business model of this game is so rotten ...  but in time maybe you will understand and see it for what it is, crap game with old engine, bad maps and RNG that will help the less skilled players ... not to mention the fricking lags which after 6 months are still present all the time.

WT is a much better and advanced game(technically and game play wise) and I think in time it will relegate WoT only to sub par players and bots.

I am looking for would to trying WT GF! but its a completely different game! so i dont see that they will really compete with each other!!!

Ground forces also has dig floors!!! Look at simulator battles!! they sound great. No outlines of tanks, No icons telling you the tank is there! so you only know its there if you can see it!! but and its a huge but!! turn down graphics options. so you don't have grass and the like and suddenly tanks you would not normally see as they are in a hay field  or something are as Clear as day!!!

Deamor #73 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9314 battles
  • [_MT_] _MT_

Played WTGF all evening yesterday.
Really liked it.

It is completely different to WoT so I don't see why anyone would need to pick just one of the games. 

Heck, play both if you want to. Doesn't cost you anything if you don't want to.

I'm gonna be spending most of time in WTGF and in TESO for now. WoT unfortunately will have to step aside for now. Don't have enough time for all of them.

Ascender #74 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21985 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
I feel reallife is a bigger threat to World of Tanks than War Thunder is. I could be killed using public transport you know! Or a meteor!

MisterAsylum #75 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8846 battles
My opinion?
Thanks to another arty event (not long ago there was It's raining shells, now another one) I will try it on the weekend. Otherwise I wouldn't.

gravelbelly #76 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31953 battles

I"m actually really enjoying WTGF. It's still in the developing stage and so can only get better. I was playing in closed beta and enjoyed it, now open beta and the maps have changed slightly which is an improvement.

WT have a good opportunity to do well, but if they go down the road of bias and bad decisions that WoT have been doing then they would be foolish. WoT's treatment of the British line was the last straw for me. I played it because there was only 1 tank game in town, now there are 2, I am playing WT a lot more.  The graphics are good, the models look great and the gameplay is a lot more fun.

I'm sick of Uber bouncy OP Red Stars tank which  are so good in so many areas, whereas in real life they were inferior.  Where as British tanks are only slightly good in a limited way, whereas they were actually battle proven in real life.

Hopefully the new boys on the block learn from WoT's mistakes  and arrogance

GhostintheTenk #77 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View Postarnorwarrior, on 16 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Not really interested in spending 3 minutes to reach my opponent

On two maps you only have to drive 10m out of your base to face the enemies - which is bad btw.

Sadly, in WT camping and being stupid gets rewarded like in WoT.

But my major concern atm is the UI. It's just utterly bad. Or more like non-existent. Map is pretty much useless, communication bound to some few commands, no interface... nothing.

BauermitGewehr #78 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7167 battles

View Postgravelbelly, on 16 May 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

It's still in the developing stage 

And you think WoT isn't? Have you played it lately?

GhostintheTenk #79 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostBauermitGewehr, on 16 May 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

That's normal today. Devs throw their games out on the market and label them "betas", although they are alphas. WT is no exception... and WoT never left the beta-stage.

So this is pretty much neck and neck, WoT just has a bit more content. :blinky:

gravelbelly #80 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31953 battles

View PostBauermitGewehr, on 16 May 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

yes, yesterday for the daily doubles.

I know it's still developing, but the direction WoT is going?

I lost by mojo when the Brit trees came out.

the Japanese line is basically bad, with only 1 or 2 decent tanks, and they have to be played cautiously.

Red Star tank:

hhm complaint obj140 turret getting penned too easily when hull down, balance and fix it comrades

Conqueror with weak hull armour so has no choice but to hull down, and it's turret gets penned too easily, historical, tough luck, suck it up  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users