That other tank game is so boring

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Lord_WC #121 Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles

View PostRostklump, on 24 May 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Introduced in the early 1960 so yeah it fits perfectly in a ww2 game. At tier 5 possibly along with tanks from the sixties.

In a "realsitic" game there should only be historically correct rangefinders in my opinion and since historical sights are planned it looks like gaijin thinks the same.

Real tiger aiming reticule and we get the real ww2 way to do the rangefinding as well, much better then to dumbdown the gameplay to suit more arcay play, in arcade mode id be fine with it but in realistc and simulator no thanks they are called realistic and simulater for a reason don't like it play arcade or "unrealistic" mode there you do get a rangefinder.

Realistic? Really? Tanks behave like a bar of soap on ice. They repair tracks and totally broken guns in minutes, knocked out crew is back in action in 10s. If you happen to have a medium or td, you respawn. Tanks are not rendered all the time. Controls are retardedly simplified, you move around with WSAD. Commander is 'realistically' slapped on the turret all magical-like. There are realistical tank simulators out there, try one and you will realize WT is not realistical at all. It's a quasi-arcade game catering people that would like to tell themselves how they play a difficult realistical simulator.

View PostRostklump, on 24 May 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

yes you can oneshot tanks with a 57mm gun like in real life but you have to get a much more precise hit with a kv-2 you just shoot them straigt in the face and they still go boom.

Take the t34-57 for example and compare that to a su122 or kv2 and cont the avarage number of hits to take out a tank and you will find that there is a differance.

Large caliber guns are much more forgiving for non perfect hits to become oneshots.

if you know the damage model you should know that the shells have their weight included for a reason not just for fun ,bigger shells have a bigger explosive charge thus do more damage on the inside of the tank when they explode.

Yeah, the problem is if you miss your first shot you are dead in a kv-2. Very entertaining gameplay and extremely balanced. Same with tiger 2. If it happens to hit the turret of a t-54 for example, he shouldn't really worry about reloading anymore. That's really stale for heavies. I don't mind since I can play meds and I like them more anyway, but just as the terrible cross-nation balance this as well will result in an extremely onesided tank composition.

Edited by Lord_WC, 24 May 2014 - 08:19 AM.

fester0911 #122 Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19948 battles

View PostLord_WC, on 23 May 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I expect range finders. You know, the things that tanks have?

Also your rant about 'realism' is plainly stupid. Realistically tanks have rangefinders, noone needed to eyeball a freaking distance. I don't even try to guess what spotting indicators have to do with this, I'm quite sure it doesn't even make sense to you besides being one more thing to rant about.

In CB they had rangefinders. They took it out. Worst decision ever, it feels like two guys sitting in a cardboard box throwing pebbles at each other. Do you really think tanks guesstimate the range before firing? Grats.

And before you start about being pro and leet - it's again a balance issue. Higher RoF tanks are in extreme advantage as is due to the retarded module damage system (and the piss-poor damage models). They are at an advantage at sniping as well, since they have more chances to zero in on the target. And penetration is not an issue with readily available apcr and heat rounds. Just try to get to high tier heavy tanks to see what I mean (tiger2 or IS-3/4, pick your poision, both severly useless due to long reload times and lack of accurate first shots - note I'm even not speaking about how those have only 1 life instead of 2 on meds).

What is CB?

Adwaenyth #123 Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19549 battles
  • [F_D] F_D

I think it's funny people want to play with "realism" in their games... especially since I've been a tanker - okay, with the nice toys of laser range finder, fully stabilized gun and so on - but still it is a whole lot different from WT.

Things you'd have to have in a REAL simulation:

• No third person view. In fact, no view different than your own.
  • 2 to X different crew members on the tank. a maximum of 3 ever sees anything that happens outside the tank - with a very narrow field of view
  • noisy, cramped and in many other ways unpleasant environment around you
  • The tank is damaged, stuck or otherwise incapacitated and you can't fall back? You're f***ed. All you can do now is abandon that thing and try your best on foot - or wait for the recovery vehicle.
  • World of waiting. Literally. The most things you do is wait. You sit around and wait. Wait for the enemy to make a move, wait for your scouts to report the situation, wait for hours actually to do anything.
  • Maintain the tank. Not like wait 15 minutes for the tracks to be replaced - spend 2 and a half hours to get that damned jammed track link out of that little space between the roadwheel and the hull with a jackhammer when the track spontaneously sprung off the tank because you just missed the one rock in all of that mud where the track could possibly get stuck on.

WT might have a different degree of arcade, but it still is just that - arcade. Calling it simulation might make some people feel  better, but believe me - it isn't one. :tongue:

And in terms of that, I prefer the action in WoT mostly. Fast paced, still a lot of tactical thinking involved and most generally fun.

If I really wanted a simulation, then go as much as you can. At least the different crew members on the vehicle. Integration of all types of weapons and troops - especially infantry. Rearming and refuelling the vehicle. One large persistant world environment. And about another hundred things I didn't mention here. 

Scuka #124 Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20370 battles

View PostLord_WC, on 24 May 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

It's a quasi-arcade game catering people that would like to tell themselves how they play a difficult realistical simulator.

View PostAdwaenyth, on 24 May 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

WT might have a different degree of arcade, but it still is just that - arcade. Calling it simulation might make some people feel  better, but believe me - it isn't one. :tongue:

If you go to WT forums you'll see that it's full of a bunch of elitist pricks who think they're superior just because they prefer a slightly more realistic game. The all mighty War Thunder master race.

Just try mentioning you're a WoT player and see what happens :teethhappy:

Edited by Scuka, 24 May 2014 - 08:51 AM.

radd666 #125 Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfester0911, on 24 May 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

What is CB?

Closed Beta Testing. Welcome to the internet.

fester0911 #126 Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19948 battles

View Postradd666, on 24 May 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Closed Beta Testing. Welcome to the internet.

Whats the internet?

Adwaenyth #127 Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19549 battles
  • [F_D] F_D

View Postfester0911, on 24 May 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

Whats the internet?

Voodoo of the 21st century.

apulunas #128 Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32273 battles
  • [W0LVE] W0LVE
nothing can be worse than wot's mm.

Alteisen #129 Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16739 battles
I would have preferred to have disance compensators like in red ochestsra where you can go up in 100meters/100 yards increments. It would make playing the stummel pz4 so much easier.

Edited by Alteisen, 24 May 2014 - 11:31 AM.

christos_swc #130 Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9259 battles
  • [KOULA] KOULA

WT players are bad people, they do bad bad things.

WoT players are good people, they do good things.

rancidpunk #131 Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48914 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
It's not that bad for WoT players, I typed "stop camping chaps, it's not WoT:)" and not a single person swore at me, called me a noob or told me to l2p!

Selous #132 Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles

can it be more boring then this  8 losses 2 wins 1 draw today

I am off to play eve and ps2 because honestly this game is boring as ...........

WG bringing asymmetric warfare to a computer near you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users