Victims of Balkan floods could use a little bit of help...

Serbia Bosnia Flood Disaster Disaster 2014 Relief DIsaster info Donations for disaster Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

FoxWMB #1 Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12002 battles
  • [BENCH] BENCH

Dear community,

As some of you may know, at least those of you that watch the news on a more regular basis, at the moment massive floods have hit the Balkan region, most of all Bosnia and Serbia, though other countries have been affected as well. I won't go into details, but if you want to read and see more about it, you can do so here http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-27454669

tl:dr version - biggest floods in history of the region, dozens of people have died, tens of thousands have been evacuated so far and damages to property are enormous

Now the reason why I'm posting this topic is not just to inform you all about what is happening, but also to ask you for your help, and I apologize in advance if I'm breaking some forum rules here (to my knowledge, I'm not) .

For those of you that would like to help, I have so far been able to gather following information on how you can donate money in order to help victims: (note, I only gathered these information, I'm in no way responsible for publishing or maintaining any of them)

Government of Serbia fundraising accounts: click here

link from image: http://www.srbija.gov.rs/pages/popupimage_popup.php?id=209921

Red Cross Society of Bosnia and Herzegovina announcement with info about donations: http://www.rcsbh.org/novosti/207-urgent-appeal-for-help

from the link:

Block Quote

Your monetary donations can be paid to our bank account:

FOR PAYMENTS FROM ABROAD:

*Payment info removed* - details like this, even when posted with the best intentions should be not be copied as someone can easily quote and change the details to something else.

PLEASE NOTE -  If you wish to donate for this cause I encourage you to visit the donation websites directly to be sure you have correct payment information.

- Ectar

further news and info about donations for Serbia: http://english.blic.rs/In-Focus/10402/SERBIA-IS-FACING-THE-BIGGEST-NATURAL-DISASTER-IN-PAST-120-YEARS

from the link:

Block Quote

The numbers of the foreign currency account to which assistance can be deposited are:

*Payment info removed* - details like this, even when posted with the best intentions should be not be copied as someone can easily quote and change the details to something else.

PLEASE NOTE -  If you wish to donate for this cause I encourage you to visit the donation websites directly to be sure you have correct payment information.

- Ectar

More info about the situation in both Serbia and Bosnia, along with ways to donate, here: http://blog.novakdjokovicfoundation.org/good-news/inspirational-stories/call-for-help-help-the-people-and-children-suffering-in-floods-together-we-are-stronger/

from the link, Serbia:

Block Quote

Current account for help (City of Belgrade):

• *Payment info removed* - details like this, even when posted with the best intentions should be not be copied as someone can easily quote and change the details to something else.

- Ectar

• Payment Instructions are on the website of the City of Belgrade, at www.beograd.rs.

RED CROSS SERBIA – Payment from abroad: All instructions can be found at this link.

Red Cross Serbia will announce in the media where they have directed their money.

The Ministry of the Interior Affairs has also established a call center through which all interested people willing to help, are able to obtain information in order to realise their contributions. The call center will be open 24 hours a week and will coordinate all actions with other governmental agencies.

The telephone numbers of the call center: + 381 11 312 0741 ,+ 381 11 312 0739, + 381 11 312 9939,+ 381 11 312 0742, + 381 11 312 0646, + 381 11 3148 474, + 381 11 3148 547, + 381 11 3613 321, + 381 11 3148 509, + 381 11 3148 517.

You can also get information emailing to: pomoc.vanrednasituacija@mup.gov.rs.

From the link, Bosnia:

Block Quote

For donations from abroad:

- Ectar

(information on corresponding banks is on the page www.unionbank.ba)

Source

Ministry of Finance of Bosnia – special purpose account for the victims of the floods

Instruction for international payments

- Ectar

You can find more info on happenings in Bosnia and ways you can help here:

http://balkans.aljazeera.net/vijesti/uzivo-iz-bih-12-miliona-ljudi-u-centru-nepogode

Block Quote

For more information and photos from all critical and flood-affected areas on Twitter, follow the hashtag #poplave, as well as the hashtag #SerbiaFloods for information in English.​

Thank you in advance to all that will help. And since this is the internet... I would like to ask anyone who feels like trolling to refrain from doing so here, thanks.

Also, if you have any more info on how people can help, please notify me and I will include it in this post.

We want to be very clear to players that we will not prevent players discussing this event, we will however try to keep discussion on this topic focused and located to a single place so people know where to go for info. 

It's important to remember that  you're reading this message on a forum for a computer game. We have a forum structure that allows sections and threads to be easily located and kept on topic. As a result of that, this thread has been moved to the "off topic" section as the "General Discussion" section is specifically for threads regarding World of Tanks.

If anyone wishes to donate to one of the various charities involved in helping the people affected by this event, you're perfectly free to do so on your own will. - It's also vital that you make sure to get the correct information yourself.  - Posting payment details on our forums (regardless of the reasons) is against our rules as that information can be edited.

We are unable to discuss a Wargaming donation because at any time there is always hundreds of potential charities that are all deserving of aid. To donate to one charity because players asked on our forums simply causes other players to get upset their charity wasn't chosen in the past. It's also then makes players think that any future donation requests must also be answered. - Each and every person has something dear to them when it comes to charity, everyone is affected by something in a different way and everyone has a different point of view regarding which charity deserves their aid.

The bottom line is always that you should donate to a charity because you want to. It shouldn't be something that you feel forced into and you should also never try to force or demand that others follow suit. 

-Ectar

Edited by Ectar, 19 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

SRBoodo #2 Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 46121 battles
Balkan need YOUR HELP!!!SOS

Edited by SRBoodo, 18 May 2014 - 01:54 AM.

SRBoodo #3 Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46121 battles

SRBoodo #4 Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46121 battles

Few days ago this was city :(

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #5 Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15072 battles
@WG what about a special? Buy gold and two thirds of the price will be donated to fund aid?

FoxWMB #6 Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12002 battles
  • [BENCH] BENCH

Block Quote

It's important to remember that  you're reading this message on a forum for a computer game. We have a forum structure that allows sections and threads to be easily located and kept on topic. As a result of that, this thread has been moved to the "off topic" section as the "General Discussion" section is specifically for threads regarding World of Tanks.

What the hell are you talking about? I posted it in the Off Topic section to begin with, not in General Discussion, for the precise reason you're talking about. If it was at General Discussion at any time, it was not done by me but by you or one of your moderators, you moved it to the place I originally posted it.

Block Quote

Posting payment details on our forums (regardless of the reasons) is against our rules as that information can be edited.

Every payment detail that was posted was quoted from the links right above and anyone could easily check and see they were legit. The only reason I posted the quotes was so that people could get to the important info faster, or at least see what they can find at the link. If you can claim that I have in any way posted fake edited payment info in those quotes, feel free to ban me altogether + send police my way since an edit of that sort would probably be illegal in much more than just forum rules... Then again, I guess I can't exactly be arrested and sent to jail right about now, since the jail has been flooded as well.

Block Quote

We are unable to discuss a Wargaming donation because at any time there is always hundreds of potential charities that are all deserving of aid. To donate to one charity because players asked on our forums simply causes other players to get upset their charity wasn't chosen in the past. It's also then makes players think that any future donation requests must also be answered.

The point of this thread was not to ask Wargaming for a donation, as you can see, it's mentioned precisely nowhere, in the OP at least. This topic was addressed to the community of WoT players, not to Wargaming itself.

Block Quote

The bottom line is always that you should donate to a charity because you want to. It shouldn't be something that you feel forced into and you should also never try to force or demand that others follow suit. 

The point is to raise awareness of the community to what's happening around, and to help those that want to help, to do so. Nobody is forced here to help, this topic is all about letting people know what happened, and how they can help. There are no demands made here, just a simple plea for help. Those that want and are able to help are more than welcome to do so, those that don't, that's completely fine too.

Anyway, I apologize for the rules that were broken about the payment details in quotes, and I assume that I'm breaking yet another rule with this post (discussing admin/mod decisions), but yeah, I just had to clear some things up here...

brija #7 Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40140 battles
  • [VFORV] VFORV

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27465175

kovalski101 #8 Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18210 battles

I also wanted to post this topic but now I see there are two already.

I would like to ask for Wargaming to make some sort of announcement about this, to post on social networks (Facebook, Twitter etc) about this. Atleast one post everywhere. And some sort of special to buy gold from which the money will go to those who need it.

People in former Yugoslavia went to war against each other some twenty years ago. Now, they are affected by this and everyone is losing everything. Now, there are no more boundries, borders, religios and nations differencies - everybody is helping everybody. If the aid from the whole world would come, then we could all overcome this together.

Thank you for reading this and help us, we need it!

ubistvo115 #9 Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18183 battles
  • [-E_P-] -E_P-

Like FoxWMB say :

"The point of this thread was not to ask Wargaming for a donation, as you can see, it's mentioned precisely nowhere, in the OP at least. This topic was addressed to the community of WoT players, not to Wargaming itself."

WG here only to erase posts

I hope they will help us in Balkan

I hope someone from WG will see this not only the moderators

HELP SERBIA,BOSNIA,CROATIA

BigBadVuk #10 Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 3016 battles

View Postubistvo115, on 20 May 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

I hope someone from WG will see this not only the moderators

Ectar edited out and replied in first post, and if you check his profile you will see that he is community manager, not moderator.

Also, WG dont have intention to delete posts on purpose, in fact as you can see we allowed this topic to exists and we point all other posters to post here so that it is easier to monitor & follow.

MiroslavPavkovic #11 Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 43882 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I am writing in all randoms that I enter "Save Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia <3" and people are so negative :(

I just hope no one experience this ever and those people can look at their children eyes and say what they said in random chat -.-

We stand together!

Greetings from Serbia volunteer and psychologist on call. :(

SRBoodo #12 Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46121 battles
https://www.youtube....h?v=pTwqAG2hrlE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users