collecting feedback about delay since 8.11

delay lag lagg 8.11 connection issues glitches input lag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Poll: READ FIRST, THEN ANSWER THE POLL: Input Delay and all the good stuff (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are you affected by the described issues?

1. Yes, all of them (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes, some of them (pls specify in the 2nd question) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. No, but I'm having others (1 vote [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. No, everything fine over here (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

If you chose answer #2, which issues do you experience?

1. the 1st, long log-in time (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. 2nd, reticle lagging behind or shells not going where I aimed (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. 3rd, the tank does not follow my input instantly (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

4. omg nothing, I just told you! (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Hide poll

hiXhaX #1 Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44792 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2

Hello guys!

Since version 8.11, I notice some serious delay for all of my inbattle inputs (like half a second). And I am not the only one, you could be affected, too, without even noticing. But there are signs that will tell you:

1. It takes you like 10 seconds to log in and enter your garage
  2. If you have not enabled server reticle: A shell flying outside of your aim circle, especially when moving round a corner, also for some strange reason, youre almost unable to hit a fast tank really close to you and trying to circle you.
    If you have enabled server reticle: The server reticle lagging far behind your client reticle, when aiming at a close tank, it's even worse
  3. Your tank does not instantly follow your input, especially when you want to move. It takes around 0,5seconds for the tank to react

I am definitely not the only one, but also definitely, not everyone has these issues. I started this topic to make WG aware of the problem. Do not expect WG support to be able to fix your problem, they tried everything with me for over 2 or 3 weeks. It took me and them a lot of time and nothing changed. Also, they cannot forward your problem to some higher instance, they will tell you to go to the forums. This here shows, they have already heard about it:

From SilentStalkers blog: http://ftr.wot-news....5/12/12-5-2014/

- the “shell fires outside of client aim circle” bug cannot be fixed. It is caused by desynchronization between client and server, can be influenced by connection quality. Some players claim that this started happening a lot after 8.11, Storm said he cannot confirm that information.

If you have enabled Server reticle (which i highly recommend), it will look like this when aiming at a close tank:  You can see where I actually aim at, where my client reticle (green circle) aims at and then where the server sees me aiming at and i will actually be shooting at (white crosshair pointing at the back of that Chi-Nu):

Feel free to post similar screenshots!

Spoiler

By the way, the best solution is to enable auto-aim in these situations. The server will make you aim at exactly the middle of the enemy tank. Also, locking your turret by holding down right mouse button helps when moving round a corner.

Edited by hiXhaX, 20 May 2014 - 10:54 AM.

hiXhaX #2 Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44792 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2

This looks like it's got something to do with it: Again, it's from Silentstalkers Blog

Again, its from SilentStalkers For the record blog: http://ftr.wot-news....014/#more-12474

- there is no different in WoT packet sizes between 8.11 and 9.0, it’s possible the packet size changed in 8.11 itself with the new version of Big World

I hate the new Verion of BigWorld...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users