New Laptop/PC Advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Smith25 #1 Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4966 battles

Yo so I'm about to buy something new, was thinking about a laptop cause I need one for university, but I don't want to spend more than $750, MAX $1000.

So all in all, I'm not familiar even a bit in laptops and I don't even like them, is there any good laptop that could handle some demanding games in that category? F.e., Arma 3, BF4, gotta go for dem graphics.

If i get to buy a gaming PC + a good battery to my current trash tier laptop, that might do /Lenovo T410, hatin' it/, but I really need a laptop I can just simply move around in college that can handle stuff and I'm clueless cause the current one rly sucks :D

Otherwise, any suggestions? PC? Really, anything you can help in is appreciated, I can't make a decision

MrDroopy #2 Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34419 battles

If you want laptop that fits in 1k $, look for one with hd 8870m graphics card( that card has 2gb 128 bits gddr5 memory). It can run any game on med to high details with very good fps. (i saw a Dell laptop at arround 900-950$ with i7 and hd 8870m).

If you want a PC, you can build a really good one in 1k$ but that depends on what you need most...mobility or more gaming performance.

AnthonyRMcG #3 Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

If I were you, I'd build a quality gaming pc and buy a high capacity External Battery Pack for your current laptop. 

I have one for mine and it fits in the laptop case, sits under my laptop  and gives me about 5 hours of power. 

Smith25 #4 Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4966 battles

Thanks for both replies, I'll definietly check out the DELL one, I'm also into ATi cards mostly, got a HD 4890 now since 5 years.

Yeah so, as I said I would totally build a gaming PC, but after all, you can't take that with you into bed, into your friend's room, to class, or really, anywhere, and I really need a good laptop for travelling around that isn't garbage tier.

If i buy a PC, i won't have time to use it, because I'll be really busy most of the time, so that is why there isn't really a point in buying a PC right now.

Mobility is a must, but it has to be able to deal with my needs, as I said, I want it to run demanding games reliably, even if on poor graphics, but it should be capable of that, otherwise it really isn't any different from my current crappy one.

I'm going to read some benchmarks 'bout the current ATi mobility cards, like the one you've brought up.

Aye, once more, so I can buy an external battery into my Lenovo Terminator 410, but it's kinda only good for writing in notepad, the screen is horrific for watching movies, and it struggles running NFS Most Wanted on anything but the lowest graphics. That's really a no-go, its heavy as crap and has a very small screen.

I'd buy a laptop vs a PC atm in like 80% vs 20%, only performance is holding me back from a laptop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users