Our Visit to a Hungarian Military Festival

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We were invited to attend a new military festival, just south of Budapest in Hungary. Did you come along? Check out our recap!

Full news text

EvilTankCommander #2 Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23885 battles
  • [1989] 1989

Dear WoT team, and the whole WoT community - I am a great fan of your whole work, and admire your success. However, when I read the highlights from the military festival, I started to wonder whether we visited the same place. I came along with another WoT member, and unfortunately we arrived late for the goodies, but what we found was way below the level of the description at your news page. First of all, we have barely located the tent, which was not marked in any way to resemble the WoT community. Secondly, conditions inside the tent were mildly saying, similar to the trains carrying prisoners to concentration camps in WWII. Furthermore, when we arrived around 2.30 pm, we found out that both members of your team have gone away, meaning they would not be coming back. By the way, first Hungarian WoT staff member we contacted did not speak English at all! Not to mention that there was nothing available to purchase, if not to get for free...

All put together, I sincerely hope that next time similar event will be at much higher level of organization, like WoT deserves!

Your Serbian neighbour,

:)

Fenomenmusic #3 Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16760 battles

View PostSerbian_Infidel, on 26 May 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Dear WoT team, and the whole WoT community - I am a great fan of your whole work, and admire your success. However, when I read the highlights from the military festival, I started to wonder whether we visited the same place. I came along with another WoT member, and unfortunately we arrived late for the goodies, but what we found was way below the level of the description at your news page. First of all, we have barely located the tent, which was not marked in any way to resemble the WoT community. Secondly, conditions inside the tent were mildly saying, similar to the trains carrying prisoners to concentration camps in WWII. Furthermore, when we arrived around 2.30 pm, we found out that both members of your team have gone away, meaning they would not be coming back. By the way, first Hungarian WoT staff member we contacted did not speak English at all! Not to mention that there was nothing available to purchase, if not to get for free...

All put together, I sincerely hope that next time similar event will be at much higher level of organization, like WoT deserves!

Your Serbian neighbour,

I'm Hungarian, I was there and I can tell you the same. It was epic, how hard this event failed at all levels.

MagyarHU #4 Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22617 battles
  • [MOKUS] MOKUS
dear neighbor next time com 8:00 AM.could ask someone organizers It was easy to recognize them, they were also at the entrance,bat
no problem, next time will be better
..AND I HAVE 1
T-shirt
i soo happy:-)
:smile:
bat next time not use tent,its smal and hot:-)
or use air cooling

MagyarHU #5 Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22617 battles
  • [MOKUS] MOKUS
dont forget! It was the first of these, perhaps the next will be better

darkfang77 #6 Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31246 battles

View PostMagyarHU, on 26 May 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

dont forget! It was the first of these, perhaps the next will be better

i look forward to meeting WG at the top of Ben Nevis, knowing the lengths they'd take the make sure we get nothing for free.

Ph3lan #7 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSerbian_Infidel, on 26 May 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

Your Serbian neighbour,

Although I wasn't one of the organizers I was there as a commentator/caster for the tournament and yes, the event had it's fair share of problems and technical difficulties. Hovever don't forget that this was the first event of this kind and there was a lot to learn for the organizers, and they did an absolutely admirable job trying to cope with all the problems that came up (loss of internet connection, incredible heat etc.) and by the end I at least had a blast being there and there were a lot of people sharing my sentiment :)

It's true that the WoT staff members went away for a while in the afternoon (probably to have something to eat, after distributing a truckload of T-shirts codes and other stuff), but they came back later and everyone could speak to them. 

It's true that not every Hungarian staff member could speak English, but there were quite a few who did, including some of us who were helping them out, so you were probably unlucky in that regard.

There is a lot to be improved upon, but all in all it was a great experience and I am sure the next one will be even better.

Best regards, 

Ph3lan

Mitodoro #8 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17730 battles
  • [OSRS] OSRS

Dear WoT please come to Belgrade in Serbia in near future, you have a lot fans here too.

Best regards,

Henrik_91 #9 Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26251 battles

It was very good again next year I'll be there I felt good :) thanks to the organizers hope to Wg is not letting up in our Goulash soup: D

cleverland #10 Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20008 battles

Hello!

I,m the leader of the wothungary team, and the main organizer of the wot tent! Thanks for the feedbacks, we want to do it better next Year! The organizing was terrible, there was a missunderstand between Us and the main organizer of the festival, that,s  why the tent was on the sand, instead of grass, and that was the reason, that the aircooling system wasnt included! We know these problems, and we will make this much better  next year, because our tent was the mostly visited tent in the festival, so we have the power, to change on this! Otherwise, despite the hot weather, Isaw a lot of happy people on the festival, families together, so it wasnt as bad as some of You wrote.. I promise, that  we will manage these problems, and try not to generate new ones.. Thank You for all the support, You gave to Us, and please, dont hesitate to write down Your feelings about the festival, because these  feedbacks helps Us to improve!

Regards:

Cleverland

brunesz #11 Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3882 battles
I really like this festival, it was really interesting. I can meet with a lot of people, get gifts, and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the organization, hope you re-organize it soon.
Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

PyterPal #12 Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29754 battles
  • [HTFA] HTFA

Hello everyone. 

This festival was the first big move of the Hungarian WoT community. There was a live broadcast which is no small thing, more than eight hours. WOT has been held in the Hungarian league - Steel Cup, which brought great excitement in the final. 
Obirian, Brynd thank you for coming to us. (Brynd next time you come, bring sunscreen to yourself XD) 
We are looking forward to the Hungarian branch tank (European tech tree). 
Next year I'll be out all the way to the festival.

Regards:

Pyter

Edited by PyterPal, 27 May 2014 - 03:56 PM.

sebyanu #13 Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33570 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA
great

505thzajcev #14 Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 28333 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

Hi guys.

I was there for the LAN tournament, so the event from my perspective:

Yeah it was hot, and sandy!! :)
The tent was really hot, but this isn't unusual in Hungary. Unfortunately the router couldn't tolerate this heat, so technical difficulties comes after the first match. After this incident the program went fine. This event was the first offline WOT tournament in Hungary, but the organizers could handle all upcoming problems. Fact that not everything went well, but the outcome of the event was positive I think. Next time it will be better I believe.

Thank you Obirian and Brynd for coming there, hope you liked what you saw there ;)

Regards, 505thzajcev

Edited by 505thzajcev, 27 May 2014 - 04:59 PM.

nagycsiga1HUN #15 Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18032 battles
  • [HUNZ] HUNZ
Thanks WG, I felt good all day. Thanks Cleverland and  WoTHUngary.hu :)

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by nagycsiga1HUN, 27 May 2014 - 05:49 PM.

bornofakone #16 Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 29954 battles

Hi boyz! :)

I went to the festival with my gf on saturday, we were excited and happy at the same time. Personally at first I wanted to go to the festival because of WOT, to see players, to try out the WG's acc and ofc to meet with my friend Cleverland, but when we arrived there, we were amazed, so many ppl and things were there that we decided to watch everything. 
It was easy to find the WOT tent, biggest fun was that I had instatly get in contact with strangers just because of WOT, we started to speak bout tanks, the game itself etc. So I can easily say that WOT makes connections! :)
We met with Cleverland, he was busy, as he was the organizer there, but had time nearly for everybody. After few words, he had to go because of the tournament. So we just looked around in the tent, checked the pc's and chat with others.
Later we get bonus codes, t-shirts, my gf was happy especially getting a t-shirt :)
During the day we tried out a lot of things (shot with airsoft, ride on a motor bike n tank, sit in military vehicles and watch military shows), so we were kinda busy. At the end of the day we went back 2 the tent and tried out 2 rare tanks, the M6a2e1 and MTLS and ofc my gf's fav, WTe100 :D

The food was fine, the beer was cold, only the temperature was high but as a son of the Great Hungarian Plain it was not a big problem for me.

All in all, we were satisfied with the festival, even my gf liked it and told me that we should repeat the journey again next year.

Thank you Obirian and Brynd for coming to Hungary, you were awesome. Hope you will come again soon! :)

Best regards,
bornofakone

Oldum #17 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5694 battles

Unfortunately I missed thisone out ... I have to admit, cold beer and a lakeside apartment at Balaton was a bit more seducing , but after reading all the comments and watching the pictures on WoT website, I'm not sure if I went the right way.

Anyways, I'll catch tthe next one I suppose :)

Brynd #18 Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and also the constructive feedback :smile:

Obirian and I really enjoyed our time visiting Hungary, checking out this military festival, and spending a day at the WoTHungary tent.   We felt the Hungarian people were very friendly and welcoming, plus we really appreciated that so many Hungarians were able to speak a bit of English (or in Obirian's case, German) to make our visit even more easier for us.

It was a very hot day and I think Cleverland and the team who supported the WoTHungary tent and the eSports league event did an excellent job for their first event and showed their exceptional Hungarian endurance by surviving the intense heat inside the tent. :great:  

We brought a lot of goodies but as I said in the article, we wished we could have brought more as both of us felt really sad that we had to turn away so many of the people who had patiently waited in such a long queue, in the harsh sun. Next time we visit Hungary we will have to be sure to try and bring even more free stuff!  :smile:

View PostPh3lan, on 27 May 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

It's true that the WoT staff members went away for a while in the afternoon (probably to have something to eat, after distributing a truckload of T-shirts codes and other stuff), but they came back later and everyone could speak to them. 

Yes we popped out for a few minutes in the mid-afternoon to get some lunch and actually have a chance to look around the festival, which we really enjoyed. We did return to the tent though and remained there till the early evening. We are of course sorry if anyone missed us during that time. We hope that we can meet you next time we visit, though. :smile:

After visiting this event and meeting with Hungarian players, we were both left with the impression that we want to get to know the Hungarian World of Tanks community better and also that we really want Wargaming to come back to Hungary again.

Thank you very much everyone :great:

MagyarHU #19 Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22617 battles
  • [MOKUS] MOKUS

brynd ,next time, I want u t-shirt ,beter style:teethhappy:

Edited by MagyarHU, 28 May 2014 - 06:40 PM.

pogidagi #20 Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5141 battles
Thanks Wothungary for this event and thanks for the keyring WG :P 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users