Jump to content


i need help with getting a new pc! help!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

deathmaker92786 #1 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

so lately ive decided to invest in a a new gaming desktop.

however, my budget is £300 and when it comes to looking at specs of computers, I don't understand. I want a pc that can run wot smoothly, as I don't plan to play games like battlefield on it. I have looked at this pc http://www.amazon.co.uk/6500-Quad-Core-500GB-Computer/dp/B00J7QXPHI/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1401225357&sr=1-1

 

I want to know whether i should invest in it or not and if it is capable of running wot.

thank u



TR_ASHley #2 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16172 battles
  • 1,309
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014

View Postdeathmaker92786, on 27 May 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

so lately ive decided to invest in a a new gaming desktop.

however, my budget is £300 and when it comes to looking at specs of computers, I don't understand. I want a pc that can run wot smoothly, as I don't plan to play games like battlefield on it. I have looked at this pc http://www.amazon.co.uk/6500-Quad-Core-500GB-Computer/dp/B00J7QXPHI/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1401225357&sr=1-1

 

I want to know whether i should invest in it or not and if it is capable of running wot.

thank u

theres no OS in that computer so you have to buy windows for it



deathmaker92786 #3 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postfaptastic_panda, on 28 May 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

theres no OS in that computer so you have to buy windows for it

Yes I understand that. Thank you for letting me know anyway. However is this PC a good one for gaming? Thank u for contributing anyway, oh an by the way does Linux support wot?



CrazyLovex #4 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13127 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

What do you mean by "run wot smoothly"

i.e low graphics but high fps

     med graphics 30-40 fps

     max graphics 30+fps

?????????????????????

 

errm .. it's not baad, but,.. it will run WoT but only medium setting at most (maybe)

 

The CPU is good enough.

 

GPU = it has none only intergrated graphics

( which would be a concern, because if the motherboard does not have PCI E expasion slot you will be stuck with that built-in graphical performance)

It does not mention the motherboard make and model, which in my experience usually means prolly a micro -ATX board with 1 extra RAM slot and no PCI-E slots.

 

Plus they are no reviews from others who have brought it yet.

 

l would give it a miss.

 

My advice would be, what ever system you get make sure it has a good full ATX motherboard, because from there you can upgrade when your wallet allows :]


Edited by CrazyLovex, 27 May 2014 - 11:23 PM.


_THE_DOCTOR__ #5 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24840 battles
  • 256
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

are you in the UK? if so you're not going to get it for £300 even if you build it yourself (and I can help you there).

 

Seriously you need a £600 budget in today's money to have it run 'smoothly', try using either UKGC or PC specialist and 'tweak' your options, or make a build at DABS and i'll give you some help with that and a 'how to' with the build process.



deathmaker92786 #6 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
OK I really appreciate all your feedback :). Looks like I'll have to save up a bit more then but until then I will let you know. Thanks for the help. Oh and THE-DOCTOR I do live in the UK and I will try to contact you with regards to custom building. Thank u.:)

TrickyP360 #7 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 979
  • [INTG] INTG
  • Member since:
    02-11-2014
What is you current spec of PC and then people can advise which bits to upgrade and what to keep... 

TR_ASHley #8 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16172 battles
  • 1,309
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014
http://uk.pcpartpick...nd/saved/WvndnQ this is about as good as it gets for £300

TR_ASHley #9 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16172 battles
  • 1,309
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014

View PostTrickyP360, on 27 May 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

What is you current spec of PC and then people can advise which bits to upgrade and what to keep... 

this would be very helpful



_THE_DOCTOR__ #10 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24840 battles
  • 256
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

View Postdeathmaker92786, on 27 May 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

OK I really appreciate all your feedback :). Looks like I'll have to save up a bit more then but until then I will let you know. Thanks for the help. Oh and THE-DOCTOR I do live in the UK and I will try to contact you with regards to custom building. Thank u.:)

As a 'no-brainer' PC, I built one 6 years ago that was cool, I then bought one 2 years ago that was better, the cost difference because of the competition in the market was about 60 quid, I bought mine from UKGC, then last year I bought one for each of my boys and that added about 20% to my cost through PC specialist, and ours runs like silk in comparison to the many 'complaints' I hear on the forums.

 

We don't run monster PC's so I would assume we are 'over specc'ed' to the average community player.


Edited by _THE_DOCTOR__, 27 May 2014 - 11:48 PM.


deathmaker92786 #11 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

my system specs:

operating system: windows8 64-bit (6,2, build 9200)

BIOS: 6.50

processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 Cpus)-1.4GHz

memory: 6144mb RAM

 

its a laptop by the way



deathmaker92786 #12 Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Post_THE_DOCTOR__, on 28 May 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

As a 'no-brainer' PC, I built one 6 years ago that was cool, I then bought one 2 years ago that was better, the cost difference because of the competition in the market was about 60 quid, I bought mine from UKGC, then last year I bought one for each of my boys and that added about 20% to my cost through PC specialist, and ours runs like silk in comparison to the many 'complaints' I hear on the forums.

 

We don't run monster PC's so I would assume we are 'over specc'ed' to the average community player.

well thanks, however I have been on this website UKGC and as I was browsing I found this http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/hestia-custom-built-budget-pc-p-93.html

I understand you will need to customize it but I don't have a vast knowledge into computers and their specs, so what would u say to this one then? :)



_THE_DOCTOR__ #13 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24840 battles
  • 256
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

i'll be honest and say you're behind on processor speed, the one thing you need for any online gaming is processor speed and healthy ram (4gb will suffice) but realise that you need to combat the internet rather than graphic quality, if an online game relied on high end graphics cards it would fail instantly.

 

You just need a good processor speed and plenty of ram to dump all your info into to get swilled around and passed back out... simple analogy but that's pretty much the basic system of events.


Edited by _THE_DOCTOR__, 28 May 2014 - 12:01 AM.


Sapaki #14 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9331 battles
  • 1,620
  • [SGTA] SGTA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2012

300 quid should be enough to put together a rig than can run WOT at med to low settings, so no need to save more.

 

However, as others suggested, giving us your current rig, regardless of how old it is, could help us salvage some parts from it.

 

Additionally, check with your friends if they have any PC components to spare (after they upgraded for instance) and we could potentially build on those.

 

Give us whatever you can get your hands on and we will start building. Remember, even saving 30 quid on the case and another 40 on the PSU, you can buy a decentish low budget GPU, new or used. 



Sapaki #15 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9331 battles
  • 1,620
  • [SGTA] SGTA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2012

View Postdeathmaker92786, on 27 May 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

my system specs:

operating system: windows8 64-bit (6,2, build 9200)

BIOS: 6.50

processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 Cpus)-1.4GHz

memory: 6144mb RAM

 

its a laptop by the way

 

Since it is a laptop I would suggest to build a desktop from scratch as you suggested.

 

Can you get your hands in any PC components whatsoever? (Usually people may have cases, PSUs and ram dimms to spare)

 

SInce I am going to sleep now, I will look into this tomorrow. Gimme a little time and I should be able to make you a rig for 300quid.


Edited by Sapaki, 28 May 2014 - 12:04 AM.


deathmaker92786 #16 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
there are lot of pcs on amazon, so if u guys could find one that is not too expensive and is good,i would be grateful :)

deathmaker92786 #17 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostSapaki, on 28 May 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

 

Since it is a laptop I would suggest to build a desktop from scratch as you suggested.

 

Can you get your hands in any PC components whatsoever? (Usually people may have cases, PSUs and ram dimms to spare)

 

SInce I am going to sleep now, I will look into this tomorrow. Gimme a little time and I should be able to make you a rig for 300quid.

I appreciate your help very much. take all the time u need friend :)



Kurnubego #18 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15857 battles
  • 2,137
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

My pc:

i3 3130
8GB ram
GeForce GT 9500 512mb video card

I run on medium setting 85fps or so. On minimum 100-120fps.

Yeah, point being, make sure your new pc has an SSD and SATA-3 plug in the motherboard. Most preformance for the buck out there, I dare to think.


Edited by Kurnubego, 28 May 2014 - 12:07 AM.


deathmaker92786 #19 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6567 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Post_THE_DOCTOR__, on 28 May 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

i'll be honest and say you're behind on processor speed, the one thing you need for any online gaming is processor speed and healthy ram (4gb will suffice) but realise that you need to combat the internet rather than graphic quality, if an online game relied on high end graphics cards it would fail instantly.

 

You just need a good processor speed and plenty of ram to dump all your info into to get swilled around and passed back out... simple analogy but that's pretty much the basic system of events.

yes I do undertstand ram and processor speed is very important. however im getting confused with graphics cards and motherboards and such. this is why I say im a noob when it comes to pc spec points. thank u anyway :) I appreciate it


Edited by deathmaker92786, 28 May 2014 - 12:09 AM.


_THE_DOCTOR__ #20 Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24840 battles
  • 256
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013
As Sapaki suggest's, any salvaged parts could also help, so long as they're compatible, that is also a big point, you can have wonderful parts that just can't have compatible drivers... and that is probably the most frustrating thing EVER... oh yes, been there and could sell a thousand t-shirts... i hate computer fairs sometimes (noob moment re-lived)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users