T20 what equipment to mount?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

SastusBulbas #1 Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
As per title?

Wondering what equipment to mount to the T20?

Vert Stab?
Rammer?
Vents?
GLD?

SiouXies #2 Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I used on my T20 :

-Ventilo
-Rammer
-Vert Stab.

Sgt_Bones #3 Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I use Spall liner, rammer and vert stab, because I tend to flank or be out in front a lot where arty can shoot me, the spall liner has saved me more than once, and the vert stab for shooting on the move.

TobbeNukem #4 Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm using:
Ventilation
Rammer
Stabilizer

Works ok, could give the Spall Liner a try since I use it in the same way as Sgt_Bones.

nafnist #5 Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I currently use

- Gun Rammer
- Vertical Stab
- Ventilation

Im considering swapping Ventialtion for Coated Optics. Anyone have experience with optics on a T20?

GorDoink #6 Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postnafnist, on 05 June 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

I currently use

- Gun Rammer
- Vertical Stab
- Ventilation

Im considering swapping Ventialtion for Coated Optics. Anyone have experience with optics on a T20?

I fitted ventilation and rammer as soon as I got my T20.  I've tried cammo and binos (because I had them in the garage) but I found the T20 is best when it's on the move and I've had better results with the vertical stabiliser.

nafnist #7 Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGorDoink, on 05 June 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I fitted ventilation and rammer as soon as I got my T20.  I've tried cammo and binos (because I had them in the garage) but I found the T20 is best when it's on the move and I've had better results with the vertical stabiliser.

I was talking about the optics that give 10% view range even while moving.

Torashuu #8 Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
given that ventilation give +5% of the same I'd say its not worth it.

Running:
Ventilation
Rammer
Vertical Stabilizer

nafnist #9 Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTorashuu, on 05 June 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

given that ventilation give +5% of the same I'd say its not worth it.
AFAIK crew skills can't be directly converted to ability to spot, aim, ect.
Eg. a crew with 50% skill has 75% ability to spot compared to a crew with 100% skill

incurably #10 Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 0 battles
i see this in every thread people disregarding spotting equiment

vert stab (best equip in my opinion)
rammer/vent (up to preference)
binos/optics
you have nce viewrange and i prefer to be the one having the first shot i have binos on it because i am more of a sniper kind getting to a good spot quickly and doing some damage before retreat
and only brawling if i know i that there arent 50 other people behind :D again binos help to know that beforehand :D
near 1k avg xp :D

Darksoul79 #11 Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Been using T20 for some time and camo is the only equipment I bought. I was thinking about rammer (after M1A2) every gun reloads slow) but decided not to.

GorDoink #12 Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDarksoul79, on 05 June 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Been using T20 for some time and camo is the only equipment I bought. I was thinking about rammer (after M1A2) every gun reloads slow) but decided not to.

I had the rammer even with the M1A2, you can never reload too quickly.

Panthera #13 Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Especially on fast loading tanks rammer is useful, for slow firing tanks I tend to go back to cover after one shot anyway.

Considered buying more viewrange, but went for Stabilizer, rammer and Gun laying drive. Will definitely go for more view range in the Pershing.

DriveBy #14 Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I use my classic set-up for max accuracy and shortest aiming time:
  • vertical stabilizer,
  • gun laying drive,
  • ventilation.
First I thought that rammer would be useful, but after analyzing T20 playstyle (dealing blows after emerging from behind cover/slope) it's usefulness is limited (rammer is better for dogfighting).

DriveUp #15 Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDriveBy, on 06 June 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

I use my classic set-up for max accuracy and shortest aiming time:
  • vertical stabilizer,
  • gun laying drive,
  • ventilation.

I am using this myself at the moment. I like the stab+GLD because when I am aiming in this tank, it is either on the move or playing peekaboo. The T20 is great at peekaboo and both of these equipments affect my efficiency.

I am wondering, though, whether I should switch out the vents for coated optics. Does anyone think that losing that few extra % acceleration and aiming is worth an extra 30-40m view range?

I often find myself up against invisible opponents, or playing peekaboo at long range and I feel like increased range would help quite a bit. The coated optics don't sound like they make an enormous difference, though, and I rarely sit still enough for binos to be practical.

DriveBy #16 Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDriveUp, on 26 June 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

I am wondering, though, whether I should switch out the vents for coated optics. Does anyone think that losing that few extra % acceleration and aiming is worth an extra 30-40m view range?

I often find myself up against invisible opponents, or playing peekaboo at long range and I feel like increased range would help quite a bit. The coated optics don't sound like they make an enormous difference, though, and I rarely sit still enough for binos to be practical.
It's +10% view range vs. +5% view range, radio range, aiming speed, loading speed, acceleration. Vents is half-gld, half-rammer, half-optics + some radio and acceleration bonus. Honestly, for this tank, ventilation seems to be more usable. Coated optics is good for scouts and gives nice results combined with ventilation (+15% view range). Binoculars can be discussed - they enable forward observer behavior - go to nice spot, do some spotting, fire at aproaching enemies and withdraw but I don't think it's optimal for this tank.

Paaranoja #17 Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i used:

vertical s
ventilation
binocs --> with easily achievable 50+ speed you can get to a lot of places in little time, and just spot for arty, before you even have to engage

DriveUp #18 Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
The thing about binos is that that after your first shot they are not really practical. You give away your location and have to take cover, and if you leave cover for the required three seconds you will get hit long before you can spot, sight in and fire.

They are good for spotting for arty but the T20 has a mean gun, it is a shame to waste it as it can contribute some very significant damage and is best used as a sniper in my opinion. I am not really sold on binos. Most of my view range problems come when I am shooting and scooting, where binos would be worthless.

View PostDriveBy, on 27 June 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

It's +10% view range vs. +5% view range, radio range, aiming speed, loading speed, acceleration. Vents is half-gld, half-rammer, half-optics + some radio and acceleration bonus. Honestly, for this tank, ventilation seems to be more usable.

According to the wiki it is a tad under 5%. The thing is, I don't need a lot of the bonuses from vents. Radio is unneeded. Aiming speed is unneeded as I have GLD and vert stab. Loading speed is nice but with the slow 90mm I am usually playing peekaboo, so it is not really crucial. Acceleration is crappy to begin with so a few extra percent in that department would be barely noticeable.

I think an additional 5% view range might be worth losing the other semi-useful vent bonuses.

On the other hand it isn't a drastic upgrade and I don't know if that will be enough to spot the nasty TD snipers, or anything else for that matter.

DriveBy #19 Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Usefulness of vents bonus can be discussed. Some, like acceleration and radio range are just small bonus. But aiming speed, reload speed and view range are nice, especially since they are cumulative with other equipment. So vents+GLD gives maxium bonus, +15% to aiming speed, vents+optics gives +15% view range (great for scouts), vents+rammer gives +15% reload time.

On this tank I would like to shot ASAP and withdraw for reload, so vent+GLD bonus offers maximum achievable aiming speed. Optics is nice, but effective view range will still be lower than higher tier heavies and view range is most useful against more powerful tanks (they give several additional seconds for decision). Binos are good only for spotter (pacifistic, not shoting while doing spoting), they can give viewrange advantage over high tier heavies, but this tank has other tasks in battle.

The other problem with optics is that they give advantage over enemies in open field. Campers, especially TDs, will always spot You before You spot him. So the spotting equipment is most effective on scouts, which are able to reach spotting spot quickly, while enemies are still in move.

LtCol_William_Lovelady #20 Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Very interesting that none of you is using the Toolbox.
I have Rammer Toolbox and Vertical stabiliser.
I think it is very useful but perhabs I'll try the vent.