World of Tanks 2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

zbudim #1 Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9504 battles

I just noticed that I made my account 3 years ago, and playing on and off since then getting to about 10k games. What I'm getting at is, that all this time WG have been promising things that either come too slowly or not at all. In my opinion part of that problem lies in the fact that WoT started as a different game then its now. The project was started by a small team with  limited funds on a crappy engine. For those that came later to the game just watch the ads for the game. They marketed it as an MMO but with tanks (those trailers with orcs) because nothing on the market was comparable. Their success  was a surprise even for them. They got huge surge of players and even create new MMO genre in the process. All the signs of smaller start are so painfully obvious in the game now. (game being set up as a grindy cash grab)

WG now is in a totally different situation. They have the money, manpower and loyal fan-base. They could use a new engine for the game, set up a tech tree that is more fun and less of a chore to get through.

Bigger maps, and realistic physics would be easier to make from the ground up, then to incorporate them in this mess-of-a-game. Once the game would be ready to release, existing Wot accounts would be transferred to Wot 2 . They already have a competitor on the market and another one on the way (armored warfare). Sure, they DON'T have to to anything, just milking this game for the next few years will get them plenty of cash. But for a company that started it all, it should be a challenge to stay on top and not just settle for second (or third) place.

Xino9922 #2 Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16028 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Yeah, Havoc engine coming soon. Almost new game, almost...

Besides, it would be way too expensive and take way too much time to develop, when Wargaming has two other games under development as well.

Panocek #3 Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29050 battles

Graphics is one thing, network part is another, way more important for game so reliant on real time server side calculations. And I guess bigworld is good enough to handle simultaneously six (sometimes seven) digit number of players at once and tries to improve users end of the game*.

*No netcode engine can handle fcked up connection toward server

_Antipathy #4 Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

They should look at all the problems which are popping up, instead of wanting to add more stuff (because they always have bugs with them). So before adding more stuff:

• fix lag.
  • fix bugs and glitches.
  • balance tanks (T18, Kv-1S) in a faster way.
  • be sure that when they improve / add something it won't carry problems.

Edited by _Antipathy, 04 June 2014 - 01:43 PM.

zbudim #5 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9504 battles

View PostXino9922, on 04 June 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Yeah, Havoc engine coming soon. Almost new game, almost...

Besides, it would be way too expensive and take way too much time to develop, when Wargaming has two other games under development as well.

Ah the famous Havoc! Announced over year and a half ago, we got the first terrible version of it in 9.0. It will take at least 6-7 more months for it to look and run decently. That's  2 years of development time. Same games are made in that time from the ground up. I'm not for shutting down WoT, i still enjoy it from time to time. It can certainly run until the replacement is ready. Like other people pointed some issues are not being addressed at all. Imho  those issue are there because game was never expected to run at such a big capacity, with so many players, tanks, maps etc.

They can continue to improve this game, but for the long run I think that even some people at WG are aware that a more drastic move is needed. (like releasing s sequel  :smile:)

zbudim #6 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9504 battles
P.S. It would be good to ad a poll to see what people think, but i don't know how to.

_Antipathy #7 Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
Sin ttuloas by Dmitriev0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users