3 days without a single match and I feel fine!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Battle_Penguin #1 Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 37191 battles

OK, my whole list of friends and those I met in game since beta time is red. No1 is playing this game anymore.

I stop playing too after years, months and days of every day playing. For 3 days but counting. And I am feeling very good, I am not that nervous as when I am in game.

Ridiculous MM (usually unbalanced sides), gold ammo in random, beginners in T8 premium, bots, broken spotting system, too many players from one specific country on one side, awarding bad players/bots... too many serious issues that no1 care about to fix.

Those are reasons why all players in my list of friends (all between 20-65k of games) stopped playing. If WG wants to keep game alive by bringing new players only, that is fine with me. But, as I predicted, all old players will quit playing and that is happening.

I will be back for sure when at least something of these is fixed, but until then I will continue to feel fine!

(no need to reply, I will not read and, as usual, click "-" and go away)

Ceeb #2 Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

People move on, come and go. its the life of internet games and clans/guilds.   rarely do Clans become more in real life.  gladly im in one thats turning to be a community of international friends.

OV (or Octavian Vanguard) is one of the communities that gone over a single game and maintained it core values (not a WoT clan)

See you when you get back :)  coz you will come back 

HazCZ #3 Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21695 battles
Well...I've just had 3 weeks without single battle even though I still have more than 200 days of premium...I just don't care. 9.0 update was last bit. I just needed a longer break. But I know that I will come back from time to time...I just won't be spending any more money on this game. Definitely not until it's stable again...

imperiumgraecum #4 Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 59810 battles

Inactive since May 24, and it actually feels different.

Even my brother has noticed I 've stopped raging

Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33718 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

The secret is ...

[edited]

Play for having fun, other things (in a game) ar kinda useless.

Edited by Petruzzi, 06 June 2014 - 02:45 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Petruzzi

AndyScouser #6 Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14158 battles

Ive noticed a big drop off in blue/purple players in game, people i've platooned with and in my friend list are also showing up red.  It seems you are not alone. 

Im glad you have come to a critical point with the game and that its working for you, but if all of the good players leave the game then its going to be even worse for us who remain.

Its a good job its sunny outside :)

Warpunk #7 Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 574 battles

I know what you mean, these tank games are sooooooooo frustrating at times, I mean everyone knows the light tanks are scouts right? so they go out and spot enemy tanks, yet they are so pathetically weak that they get one shot, or more likely, detracked first, THEN one shot, immediately upon finding an enemy tank, because it's usually FOUR tiers higher and has a big gun and shedloads of armour, so even if your poor little scout shoots back, it won't DO anything, so you end the game with naff all exp or cash, and probably in a foul mood because you didn't ACHIEVE anything. AND, it's NOT just light tanks that suffer from THAT!

I recently been playing WTGF and that game is as bad as WoT, probably worse, for annoying rage inducing randomness and glitches, bugs etc etc

Why can't someone make a tank battle game that DOESN'T have constant bounces, insane module damages, random pure luckness etc etc

They have the gall to call it, rofl, REALISM!!!!

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostWarpunk, on 06 June 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Why can't someone make a tank battle game that DOESN'T have constant bounces, insane module damages, random pure luckness etc etc

They have the gall to call it, rofl, REALISM!!!!

There are already games like that  - Battlefield 3 and 4. Not that realistic though...

No bounces, there is no damage RNG (every shot does the same damage), but slightly varies for example on impact angle, no module damage except critical engine damage. Every tank is also pretty much the same, they just look different.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15031 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostThejagdpanther, on 06 June 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

The secret is ...

Spoiler

Play for having fun, other things (in a game) ar kinda useless.

Just for that gif.

BrokenWing #10 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Since we're on that theme...

I kinda got swamped with WoT games last month, plus my internet is acting up at the minute, so I've been playing games other than WoT. Not really missing it at the minute. 

Far Cry 3 is epic.

Edited by BrokenWing, 06 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

NatteFrost #11 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8131 battles

yup, im longer and longer offline from the game.

the constant nerfs in every single patch and remakes of good maps into worse maps does it. for me wot is dead until they stop this BS.

game was never balanced and aint ment to be.

Deamor #12 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9311 battles
  • [_MT_] _MT_

The best cure is to play something else or do something else than play games.

Don't burn yourself in one game. You'll only get frustrated and that will effect your mental health.

Play some non-competitive game for a while. Some single player game or maybe a co-op game of some sort with your friends.
It really does miracles. And then come back and play a few games and see if you start to enjoy the game a bit more again. If not, log off and go back to doing whatever it was you were doing.

5_InchFl0ppy #13 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40706 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well the game seems to be designed to piss players off, its so random and there are so many stupid mechanics you can't help but feel worse after you play a few games.

I like the concept but the execution leaves a lot to be desired and I really hope that one day we will see a game that manages to deliver fun without stress. I don't think WT GF is the game to do it but I am hoping that Armored Warfare might be. I mean all you have to do to make a decent competitor to this game is read these forums and see what people don't like and try to make a game that doesn't include those features.

Things that I would like to see changed or reworked :

• +/- 25% RNG, its too much and it causes stress.
  • Arty is still broken, it needs a massive overhaul as even the concept of it is just flat out bad (or at least copy WT GF in how they have implemented it).
  •  We need a 2 tier league system that puts the bots with their own kind and lets humans enjoy the game, this is an old idea but it in my opinion its a great one.
  • This game badly needs tutorials and ones that are mandatory to complete, If WG don't know how to make them or what to include why can't they ask some unicums ?

These are just a few things that I would like to see changed, some of you may disagree and that's fine.

Don't get me wrong I have had plenty of great games and enjoyable times playing this, but at times its an uphill struggle to get some satisfaction out playing this and I have often asked myself why I bother. 

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View Posttacticalpr0lap5e, on 06 June 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

•  We need a 2 tier league system that puts the bots with their own kind and lets humans enjoy the game, this is an old idea but it in my opinion its a great one.

This is still a great idea, and you don't even have to tell botters about it. Why can't WG just quietly put botters against other botters with matchmaking... Everyone would be happy, and WG could even keep their inflated player account numbers.

xxlguru #15 Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 40216 battles

I have stopped few times for few days or even weeks. I have also took 4 months away from WoT. Even though that 4 months where in my 1 year Premium account time. well I have paid Premium time and I can do with it what I want. Even idle.

You own the game. Game does not own you. You have to have fun playing if you do not why would you have it make you feel bad? It ought a make you feel good right?

I have not played for last few days to. Why? No time and Lag is killing all fun for me.

Rubber banding, lagging out, ghost shells, strange dings, it is just to much.

I hate lack of control in WoT. If I aim at some point I expect my shell will end up close to it and not up in the sky. Sure some dispersion is needed but with a lag it is so bad.

You drive and your cursor sticks to all objects it comes across. It auto aims to your passing friendlies. Such a BS. Even if you disable Auto aim button it does just a same.

I got my self new mouse. I use to have Razor Taipan and now I got Logitech G502 Proteus Core. More comfortable and better tracking mouse. In all tasks and games I feel improvement. In Wot you feel it just when everything goes good. As soon as it lags and RNG starts to work it is wasted money.

Actually having very good PC with Wot is waste of money.

Precision of your input is not great value for you. Game will FUBAR it for you.

Not a conspiracy theory like game is against me or what ever I talk about game mechanics like effects of skills and perks and diffrent guns and effect of lag and RNG. Server side calculations to.

You never have control you would have if things where working proper.

That lack of feeling of finished and good product is making me stop playing disregarding that I have great fun playing when game (servers, lag and who knows what else) allows me to enjoy.

Only it happens so rare.

So take a brake game is nto important as it might seam. Premium time? Who cares you own it. Go do nicer things. Or play when you feel like it.

Good luck.

Dex022 #16 Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38389 battles
Same here.Not very active since S.P. mission...results:less rage and lot less cigaretes smoked.Game felt like i must grind and i must play at any cost.Now lately i play wot when i am in good mood and really want to play it.And i still rage...to many bots,randoms and no balance what so ever.But i play...still...i like the topic of game:tanks.

Edited by Dex022, 06 June 2014 - 01:36 PM.

RudolfVerine #17 Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11784 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

Play for having fun?

Lemmingtrain go one side of map!

People dont use a minimap!:child:

No ballance battles!!

Regards!

Tichy67 #18 Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11340 battles

Looks like a AA meeting^^ Been on a break too though.

Lemmingtrain goes to one side of map? Just had that on ruinberg on fire with a Marder 38t as low tier. So what? Bad solution: go alone on right side. Good solution: go behind lemmings on left side. Keep eye on right side. Go back right when others go there too. Result: Decapped three times, game won, ended up in medium range of exp earned. Not bad for a low tier. Other would have drowned themselves if there would've been something to drown in.

Winning or loosing depends on 29 other players. If you want to be the only one responsible for winning play a single player game :) Sort results by exp, check where you are relative to the rest of your team, enjoy :)

Shanina #19 Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 8989 battles
  • [ROZA] ROZA

I came back after a 7 months break. It's refreshing to take a break I think.

Far more relaxed now. I take it as it is now and I only play when I really want to.

At some point it almost felt like a job. A different mind set since I came back.

Much better :smiles:

RudolfVerine #20 Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11784 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

Looks like a AA meeting^^ Been on a break too though.

Lemmingtrain goes to one side of map? Just had that on ruinberg on fire with a Marder 38t as low tier. So what? Bad solution: go alone on right side. Good solution: go behind lemmings on left side. Keep eye on right side. Go back right when others go there too. Result: Decapped three times, game won, ended up in medium range of exp earned. Not bad for a low tier. Other would have drowned themselves if there would've been something to drown in.

Winning or loosing depends on 29 other players. If you want to be the only one responsible for winning play a single player game :) Sort results by exp, check where you are relative to the rest of your team, enjoy :)

Thx dude!

Lucky your team mates gome back:teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users