Jump to content


Event: Wicksteed At War 2014


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,030
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Wargaming.net, and the MGT-20, will be at this year’s Wicksteed At War military event in England.

Full news text

Brynd #2 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013
I'm going! Will you be there too? :smile:

Dr_ownape #3 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41538 battles
  • 5,323
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Erm i just might. It is father's day on the sunday and the missus really can't say no. Just a photo with the MGT-20 should make it worthwhile. i can stick it to the clan on our FB page then.

 

two questions though:

 

1: I can't find out the entry costs, anyone know?

2: Do WG usually give stuff away at these events?



I_Thought_She_Was_Tier_8 #4 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10697 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011
Cool, i live at wallis road literally down the road so ill be there

Brynd #5 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View Postbrownape, on 09 June 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Erm i just might. It is father's day on the sunday and the missus really can't say no. Just a photo with the MGT-20 should make it worthwhile. i can stick it to the clan on our FB page then.

 

two questions though:

 

1: I can't find out the entry costs, anyone know?

2: Do WG usually give stuff away at these events?

 

As far as we are aware, there is no entry fee.

 

And yes, we are bringing the standard goodies we bring to our community gatherings. For example bonus tank code cards (M3 Stuart), keyrings, T-shirts. Note, these are subject to availability: first come, first serve. :smile:



Brynd #6 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View PostI_Thought_She_Was_Tier_8, on 09 June 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Cool, i live at wallis road literally down the road so ill be there

 

Great! We'll be in or around our fantastic looking MGT-20. I look forward to meeting you!



Dr_ownape #7 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41538 battles
  • 5,323
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
woohoo count me in, and my son (tighty)

wobblybob #8 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 64625 battles
  • 414
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
Brilliant job putting this together Dave (TND). Awesome day out.

tanknutdave #9 Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 40990 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

Yes I am very excited WOT are coming. As one of the show directors and running the main arena, I have been working on this with Richard The Challenger for some time so its great news. Its going to be an epic 2 days, we have over 100 vehicles booked in including a French AMX-13-75 Tank.

 

The event is free to enter, but the park does charge parking. All the info you need including event time tables is on our site - http://www.wicksteedatwar.co.uk/

 

Only question is will they let me log in to my account to play Clan Wars?

 

Hopefully we will see a lot of the players there and generate some new players.

 

 

TankNutDave,

Deputy Commander TNAC http://tanknutdave.com/tank-nuts-armoured-corps/



The_Challenger #10 Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4733 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012
See you there :smile:

TheKroo #11 Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Posttanknutdave, on 09 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yes I am very excited WOT are coming. As one of the show directors and running the main arena, I have been working on this with Richard The Challenger for some time so its great news. Its going to be an epic 2 days, we have over 100 vehicles booked in including a French AMX-13-75 Tank.

 

The event is free to enter, but the park does charge parking. All the info you need including event time tables is on our site - http://www.wicksteedatwar.co.uk/

 

Only question is will they let me log in to my account to play Clan Wars?

 

Hopefully we will see a lot of the players there and generate some new players.

 

 

TankNutDave,

Deputy Commander TNAC http://tanknutdave.com/tank-nuts-armoured-corps/

 

"

Only question is will they let me log in to my account to play Clan Wars?

"

 

:teethhappy:

Ah those merry clan war troubles :D



petya75 #12 Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 34766 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011
I might pop down from London too...

Brynd #13 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View Postpetya75, on 11 June 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I might pop down from London too...

 

Do it :great:   



Ric_0chet #14 Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1855 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    10-01-2013

Well i enjoyed my self today At Wicksteed park.

The MGT-20. is well good idea,and should get more people into the Wg gaming world.

 

As for the price of the event its FREE all you have to pay for is parking at the park and it was £5 for the day.

 

Thx to all the Staff working on the stand.

Good luck for Sunday.

 


Edited by Ric_0chet, 14 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.


The_Challenger #15 Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4733 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostRic_0chet, on 14 June 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Well i enjoyed my self today At Wicksteed park.

The MGT-20. is well good idea,and should get more people into the Wg gaming world.

 

As for the price of the event its FREE all you have to pay for is parking at the park and it was £5 for the day.

 

Thx to all the Staff working on the stand.

Good luck for Sunday.

 

Thanks for coming along :smile:



Dr_ownape #16 Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41538 battles
  • 5,323
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
Had a great day on Saturday (apart from the weather). The WG guys were excellent and more than happy to chat or give out freebies. Thanks for letting me know about this event.

Brynd #17 Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View PostRic_0chet, on 14 June 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Well i enjoyed my self today At Wicksteed park.

The MGT-20. is well good idea,and should get more people into the Wg gaming world.

 

As for the price of the event its FREE all you have to pay for is parking at the park and it was £5 for the day.

 

Thx to all the Staff working on the stand.

Good luck for Sunday.

 

 

View Postbrownape, on 16 June 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Had a great day on Saturday (apart from the weather). The WG guys were excellent and more than happy to chat or give out freebies. Thanks for letting me know about this event.

 

Glad you guys enjoyed it! We certainly did :smile:   If I chatted to either of you (I was the overly animated New Zealander), thanks for stopping by and saying Hi :great:



The_Challenger #18 Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4733 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostBrynd, on 17 June 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

 

 

 (I was the overly animated New Zealander), 

 

 

 :smile:

 

 

 



Brynd #19 Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013
More photos here on Flickr:honoring:

xXLANGLEYOXxuk #20 Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 42821 battles
  • 33
  • [_D-M_] _D-M_
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

Great to have a play on World of Warplanes and get a few hits in on board the MGT-20. Nice vehicle. I am posting some relevant pics up on Flickr at the link below. Please note I edit people out of my shots where possible. The event was quite busy! Also, could you create a flickr group for fans to upload their own shots? Could be interesting. :)

 

https://www.flickr.c...57644829178998/


Edited by xXLANGLEYOXxuk, 18 June 2014 - 08:03 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users