Special Missions: Clan Platoon Missions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Team up with your clan mates and check out these special missions!

Full news text

Dreadsteel #2 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12751 battles

Thanks WG!

VeryRisky #3 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 17628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hey, T-D-U guys, you're now on my ignore list :tongue:

IRSanchez #4 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52843 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Nice missions.

ROKICH #5 Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49015 battles

Nice to see that you think on us who will never (and not even that) enter any clan.

0 points for us, while the others will grind on "double speed", a whole event.

Why don't you exclude clan players from other regular events?

Really fair special.

"GG" WG

P.S.

In my 30+k battles and cca 3yrs stage in the community, you hardly can find any negative comment from me (if any), being maximum tolerant on every idea/new stuff you introduced.

But this...

I can't imagine that any "regular" clan player with normal aspirations in that game mode will be satisfied and approval about this attempt to hyper-produce new "clan members".

This will really rise up WG clan community to the higher level...that's for sure.

GL @all in clan game mode after this (and that kind of) attempt(s) in the future.

Edited by ROKICH, 09 June 2014 - 04:59 PM.

eddie73 #6 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 30810 battles
Summer time!Fun,holiday,friends,sea side,sunnnn!....No mission can beat this stuff!Sorry WG,no money and no time for you till November!

GiveItSomeThought #7 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8933 battles
If you made the rest of the game look as good as that trailer made it look, I would be a happy man :)

CroPanzer #8 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19800 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS

I can't wait for those clan-less people to come out a cry us a river...

I mean, if you're not playing this game for the top class competitive feel, I suppose there is no hurry for you to get unlocking stuff, it's not like your vechicles are getting locked in cw or something... :tongue:

Although WG might've put some special that would benefit all players, even symbolic, lika a camo discount or something like that, but I don't mind things like these. It's on the same page as "Only tier 5-7 german tanks are getting bonus, the rest screw you!" kind of deals. 

BadNews420 #9 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14038 battles

WG on a neg rep hunt again?

I have friends that are not in the same clan as me, im not suppose to play with them?

Ulfhedinn_ #10 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
Good special, maybe. I need to get a head set and (or maybe only) a mic for this kind of stuff, haven't a clue what to get so haven't bothered. If only the VK72 was going to come around again (as an alternative choice alongside new reward tanks), I might be able to get interested enough in CW's to make an effort :-)

Edited by Maxmk6, 09 June 2014 - 05:47 PM.

nkouhoe #11 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24930 battles

Not 5 pages of mimimi allready? 

VeryRisky #12 Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 17628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postnkouhoe, on 09 June 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Not 5 pages of mimimi allready?

Patience, they'll be along later.

ROKICH #13 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49015 battles

View PostCroPanzer, on 09 June 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

I can't wait for those clan-less people to come out a cry us a river...

I mean, if you're not playing this game for the top class competitive feel, I suppose there is no hurry for you to get unlocking stuff, it's not like your vechicles are getting locked in cw or something... :tongue:

Although WG might've put some special that would benefit all players, even symbolic, lika a camo discount or something like that, but I don't mind things like these. It's on the same page as "Only tier 5-7 german tanks are getting bonus, the rest screw you!" kind of deals. 

Nobody "cry a river", especially not to/because of you, and only because you said so.

This is in-game chat, empty and not very intelligent phrase, so avoid that here please.

You explained yourself clear on what "benefits" in the community you are aiming, and how much you care about quality clan gaming.

I think that you had more than enough benefits 'till now (hint:premium vehicles/free gold...many other benefits), and that is fine with me, because that was benefits in clan wars game mode, or whatever is the official name of it; this time WG did something that (when time come) will raise many, many negative reactions.

We are talking about cca20 days of double experience here only for some players, ffs!

And you are proposing what? Camo discount?

Dude, if that is not insulting post, then...

Just wonder how you will feel in opposite situation that WG decide to give three weeks of x2 for ALL platoon battles for all players with only one condition: NOT to being a clan member.

And then you can get freely your "half price discounted" camo.

EDIT:

To make this clear: i don't want to start a fight with anybody here.

I just want write here "loud and clear": this is NOT a fair event from you WG.

Period.

EOD.

Edited by ROKICH, 09 June 2014 - 06:20 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #14 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Thing with this special is that it probably indicates what WG's business objectives are. Get people into Clans & platooning, they will make more friends in game, leading to better activity & retention rate and less chance of defection to a competing title...

Personally, I think WG would make much more progress getting people into Clans, platooning, and into Clan Wars, if they made CW's itself more accessible & appealing. One dictated reward tank per campaign - if the one you want has been and gone, then where's the incentive? Grind up to tier 10 and play CW's to get a post war rather than WW2 reward tank? No thanks. Many people also don't understand CW's, they get told it's only tier 10, but actually some of the initial games in campaigns are apparently tier 8, very confusing. And tier 8 is now totally broken since Battle Tier 12 got removed. In my experience, tier 8 tanks now get like less than 10% same tier, many games tier +1, most games tier +2. Far too many games with tier 10's, and far too many tier 10's in those tier 10 games. Tier 8 is hell now, no longer a stepping stone to tier 9 & 10 and into CW's, rather a brick wall that just stops you dead.

Edited by Maxmk6, 09 June 2014 - 07:07 PM.

mmkay #15 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20518 battles
  • [2PAC] 2PAC

Cool, free double experience. Thanks.

I hope there will be more like these, just so I can see the tears flowing.

Navarome #16 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26773 battles
  • [GOP-A] GOP-A
nobody is forcing people to play/do those missions, so dont whine please

hscorpio #17 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22232 battles

So, I have to join a clan, put up with some inane nonsense there, then decline all platoon requests from my friends who are in other clans and only play with my new-found clanmates, just to sometimes get some bonus XP?

... oh no, wait, I don't have to - I can go out, have a beer with my buddies and enjoy the summer! Ty WG for reminding me!

Navarome #18 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26773 battles
  • [GOP-A] GOP-A

View PostROKICH, on 09 June 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Nobody "cry a river", especially not to/because of you, and only because you said so.

This is in-game chat, empty and not very intelligent phrase, so avoid that here please.

You explained yourself clear on what "benefits" in the community you are aiming, and how much you care about quality clan gaming.

I think that you had more than enough benefits 'till now (hint:premium vehicles/free gold...many other benefits), and that is fine with me, because that was benefits in clan wars game mode, or whatever is the official name of it; this time WG did something that (when time come) will raise many, many negative reactions.

We are talking about cca20 days of double experience here only for some players, ffs!

And you are proposing what? Camo discount?

Dude, if that is not insulting post, then...

Just wonder how you will feel in opposite situation that WG decide to give three weeks of x2 for ALL platoon battles for all players with only one condition: NOT to being a clan member.

And then you can get freely your "half price discounted" camo.

EDIT:

To make this clear: i don't want to start a fight with anybody here.

I just want write here "loud and clear": this is NOT a fair event from you WG.

Period.

EOD.

last event there was a reward for people playing german tanks.

i dont play german tanks, should i start a whine thread saying WG excluded me??? :trollface:

ROKICH #19 Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49015 battles

View PostNavarome, on 09 June 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

last event there was a reward for people playing german tanks.

i dont play german tanks, should i start a whine thread saying WG excluded me??? :trollface:

There were similar events for all nations, so your comparison is not quite good (nhf).

The point is: if there will be 20days of x2 for us outside clans only?

I think that you (and all of us) can guess the answer.

So...this is the scenario:

playing some respectable amount of battles, imho (cca less than 0,5% in platoons and team battles, all pure random) i was asked couple of hundreds times to join some clan.

I have a lot of friends in the clans, and easiest thing on the Earth will be to enter in some clan (me and my brother) and use this "special" in every second from date to date, in the clan platoon, if i want to.

But what clans themselves  will get with that and similar actions?

Again, you guess the answer.

@Maxmk6:

Intention is obvious, you pointed it well.

It is enough to recall of a timing for a specials in the recent two weekends with x2 after every winning battle, what date was that (hint: The Other Game, ofc).

Many good and experienced players are leaving WoT, you can tell that for sure right in the random battles...if you open progress bar for many, many tier IX-X players you can notice progress bar heading down in every aspect.

We all know what it means...

Edited by ROKICH, 09 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

HerrWilhelm #20 Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19550 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA
I have friends in different clans, switching between clans takes 2 days.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users