Is the "World of" series a dead end for WG? plus a pole about it.

new game Wot cragle lego not much of a thread pew pew pew I like turtles die potato

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: New IPs and WG("Wo" is "World of) (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should WG make other games beyond the "World of" series

1. Yes, definetely. WG is more potent now and marketing should be easy. (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Nope. I have other companies for other games. "Wo" is all that should matter for WG (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Depents on how it will affect the development of the "Wo" series. If nagative, then no. If is unaffected, then by all means (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. They should, but only after they have completed and refined "Wo" (3 votes [21.43%])

5. I dont care. WG can do whatever she pleases. (3 votes [21.43%])

Vote Hide poll

Mad_Dog_Tannen #1 Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13052 battles

Im not sure if anyone ever asked this before, but isn't WG going to make anything else, like a retail game or at the very least a digitally distributed title, with a full price and single player focused game play and of cource balance?

To those of you who are unaware WG has made other games in the past. She owns four other IPs beyond the "World of" series. Three are turn based strategy games while one is an RTS.

Their names are(in case you are interested) 

DBA online-info about it here http://www.dbaol.com/. Its still active it seems.

Massive assault-A turn based strategy game with tabletop rules and a crap ton of expansions.

Galactic assault-another TBS. its fair, but average.

Order of war-A WWII tactical RTS

Its not much of a portofolio. These games are barely known, if at all.

But WG was put on the map thanks to WoT. Hey WG! You guys took a huge risk. Action multiplayer was not your thing, but you pulled it off. You dared to do something different while you were not a popular dev, and while im not sure about it, You might have wagered the entire company on WoT's success. Its not easy, Setting up servers, making the rules, and all that.

BUT, is that it? are you guys gonna sit on your F2P series and do nothing else? You are popular now. Making and marketing a new game would be easier now than ever before? So why stop here? Im talking while I have no idea whats going on behind the doors, but there is a pattern and no mention of something else, a rumour or anything.

Edited by Mad_Dog_Tannen, 09 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.

LazyJustice #2 Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15360 battles

1. I dont care. WG can do whatever she pleases.

Since when is WG a girl?

demon_tank #3 Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25876 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

Bad idea. Wg needs to constantly improve WOT. They have a working formula why would they risk to expand in unfamiliar territory ?

Woudlnt benefit us (the ones actually supporting the game) either.

Edited by demon_tank, 09 June 2014 - 08:28 PM.

Mad_Dog_Tannen #4 Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13052 battles

View Postdemon_tank, on 09 June 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Bad idea. Wg needs to constantly improve WOT. They have a working formula why would they risk to expand in unfamiliar territory ?

Woudlnt benefit us (the ones actually supporting the game) either.

As I said, they already did that with WoT. WoT was unfamiliar territory.

View Postaljetab, on 09 June 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Since when is WG a girl?

It is common for a company to be refered as a "she"

Pretty_Pony_Princess #5 Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8037 battles
As far as I know, Wargaming owns Gas Powered Games (Dungeon Siege, Supreme Commander) that's working on some project that hasn't been announced yet and rights to Master of Orion franchise and it's unlikely they bought it just for the heck of it.

demon_tank #6 Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25876 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostMad_Dog_Tannen, on 09 June 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

As I said, they already did that with WoT. WoT was unfamiliar territory.

Yes but why risk again ? the already have the moneycow setup.

Ulfhedinn_ #7 Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Excellent question OP, +1 when I have more, I voted yes but only if it doesn't affect WO series.

On FTR I read something about WG struggling to be able to employ enough quantity of quality devs & model builders etc due to employment market skill shortage and the pressure that's put them under with WOWP's, HD models in WOT's etc, so much so there's a rumour they're shortly going to stop introducing new tanks to WOT's so they can reapportion resource to WOWS's.

Maybe just rumours, but if true there's your answer - WG doing too much other stuff would negatively impact on WOT's etc which no one would want. But I totally agree with you, WG are to be much admired and their brand has huge potential. Before expanding though (assuming they can fix their skill shortage), I think they need to concentrate on optimising the quality of their existing customers experience within their existing games. WG's greatest marketing asset is their own existing player base and it's advocacy. Improving fps, reducing Internet provider lag and eliminating server-lag altogether is the task they should be concentrating on now and before doing anything else.

Edited by Maxmk6, 14 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

_kink_ #8 Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 119 battles
The more updates and players, the worse it'll get.

Mad_Dog_Tannen #9 Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13052 battles

View Postdemon_tank, on 14 June 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Exactly! They have the cow which makes it less of a risk.

View PostMaxmk6, on 14 June 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Excellent question OP, +1 when I have more, I voted yes but only if it doesn't affect WO series.

On FTR I read something about WG struggling to be able to employ enough quantity of quality devs & model builders etc due to employment market skill shortage and the pressure that's put them under with WOWP's, HD models in WOT's etc, so much so there's a rumour they're shortly going to stop introducing new tanks to WOT's so they can reapportion resource to WOWS's.

Maybe just rumours, but if true there's your answer - WG doing too much other stuff would negatively impact on WOT's etc which no one would want. But I totally agree with you, WG are to be much admired and their brand has huge potential. Before expanding though (assuming they can fix their skill shortage), I think they need to concentrate on optimising the quality of their existing customers experience within their existing games. WG's greatest marketing asset is their own existing player base and it's advocacy. Improving fps, reducing Internet provider lag and eliminating server-lag altogether is the task they should be concentrating on now and before doing anything else.

Another rumour I heard was that they have bought Microsoft's Flight thingy. MS Flight, just the thought makes my skin crawl:angry:

Rostklump #10 Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View Postdemon_tank, on 14 June 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Why put all your eggs in one basket?

Wot is a  good moneymaker now buit wot like all games have a limited lifespan and with more and more competition they will have to work harder for their money.

Once there was no direct competition now they have wt and soon armored warfare as well.

Better to start making a new cashcow now instead of waiting until they have none before starting, after all it takes time to make a game so you better plan ahead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users