Mt-25: it's been too long

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

mattijs55 #1 Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16430 battles

Hey tankers, 

The 50-2 was my first light tank, so it wouldn't be a surprise for you guys to hear that i was bad with it. Even though I wasn't any good, I still liked playing it because the speed was such a fun factor. With the removal of the 50-2 and thus the speed I quickly stopped playing it, up until now. 

The MT-25 feels quick and nimble again and i'm having a blast. There's only one problem though, I can't have an as big impact on games as I usually have in my other scouts. The speed always get's me into trouble... Some tips would be appreciated!

Cheers! 

Edit: 

I was also wondering what equipment to use... Currently my setup is vents, optics and suspension...

Edited by mattijs55, 11 June 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Laatikkomafia #2 Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If the tank is a keeper for you, I'd suggest: Coated optics, Camo net and Binocular telescopes. With those you can active and passive scout, and the gun is good enough without GLD/Vents.

voodoospirit #3 Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28496 battles
  • [PFDR] PFDR

didn t play it much since the 9.1, one battle only, i really hate WoT targeting system, i can't manage to get the jimbo to work yet.

when the MT-25 replaced my t-50², it became mostly a passive spotter, binocs,camo,vents and its 40 37mm clip as anti scout.

the only game i made so far post 9.1, it can climb hills faster, better acceleration ( not lightning) so it can reach its top speed faster, i put the 57mm again as the acceleration helps in circling and dodging. i still have my passive scout set up as there are still al LOT OF TDs anyway, ready to obliterate my scout before i can spot them.

i managed to keep the WR of my T-50² with the original MT-25, so i should be able to increase it a bit now.

azakow #4 Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79627 battles

View Postmattijs55, on 11 June 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hey tankers, 

The 50-2 was my first light tank, so it wouldn't be a surprise for you guys to hear that i was bad with it. Even though I wasn't any good, I still liked playing it because the speed was such a fun factor. With the removal of the 50-2 and thus the speed I quickly stopped playing it, up until now. 

The MT-25 feels quick and nimble again and i'm having a blast. There's only one problem though, I can't have an as big impact on games as I usually have in my other scouts. The speed always get's me into trouble... Some tips would be appreciated!

Cheers! 

Edit: 

I was also wondering what equipment to use... Currently my setup is vents, optics and suspension...

What is your impact on the game while commanding other LT?

Is it dmg dealing or spotting? I assume it is spotting.

Is it active spotting ot do you rather passive spot?

I asume it is active spotting.

I suggest not to be carried away by the increased nimbleness and speed, since it still is a large target, altough it has a bouncy armor.

I suggest vent, camo paint, camo net, bino, ZIS-4 gun 40 APCR shells and be the anoying, HP nibbling, hidden sniper scumbag all opponents hate.

Have Deadeye skill on the gunner for best effectiveness, have BIA and all trained in camo.

You will be almost invisible.

The speed will allow you to get into nice positions for sniping.

The nimbleness will allow you to inferre at close combat fights of teammates.

Make sure you actively use the camo net and the bino during a match.

You will be spotting alot and deal alot of damage.

danymsk #5 Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10206 battles
  • [GC3B] GC3B
I use passive set-up, (vents, bino, net) but once you learn how to survive a game, you can just start shooting the last surviving tanks to trash

kaneloon #6 Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30280 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

View Postdanymsk, on 14 June 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

I use passive set-up, (vents, bino, net) but once you learn how to survive a game, you can just start shooting the last surviving tanks to trash

... as long as they have less than 50 HP ... (at least 4 hits to get a feeble FV304)

Juti_5 #7 Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8699 battles
  • [SIEMA] SIEMA

I can't find the point for having camo-net unless you're without 6th sense. It only gives you 10%. and 2.25%. while shooting these days, and that's far from the constantly active benefit that optics and vent give. Binocs are must have of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users