Premium Shop: Steel Sentry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Check out this week’s offers in the Premium Shop!

Full news text

AsG_Alligator #2 Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16217 battles

krazypenguin #3 Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Check out this week's salary staying in my wallet!

wsatnutter #4 Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25146 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Mmm another del boy and rodders special 

1980bez #5 Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12238 battles

This whole Premium Shop business looks like you guys are using a template week after week mixing gold, silver and premium time so the raw value for money is just below average, adding a random T8 premium tank and that very original and fresh Offer of the month. And you dare saying there are no bots in this game?

Rollerbob #6 Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9842 battles

ThunderboltZ #7 Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25713 battles

Murphy1up #8 Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Post1980bez, on 12 June 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

This whole Premium Shop business looks like you guys are using a template week after week mixing gold, silver and premium time so the raw value for money is just below average, adding a random T8 premium tank and that very original and fresh Offer of the month. And you dare saying there are no bots in this game?

There is limits to what can and can't be offered without having situations where other packages become pointless because it's easier for example to buy a package over and over profiting from the tank sale.

The premium shop is never intended to be a discount shop, it's simply an alternative way to purchase things.

piet11111 #9 Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15726 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

View PostEctar, on 12 June 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

There is limits to what can and can't be offered without having situations where other packages become pointless because it's easier for example to buy a package over and over profiting from the tank sale.

The premium shop is never intended to be a discount shop, it's simply an alternative way to purchase things.

Fair enough but can there at least be offers of tanks that we haven't seen over and over again or when that does happen not having a 10-15 euro tank bundled with a bunch of stuff to inflate the price to 50 euro's ?

Because most offers seem to be about picking a random tank tacking on some gold and free premium days and calling it a day.

At least that is the impression i always get from the weekly specials.

Warton #10 Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 40033 battles

RANT ON

I don't understand these complaints. You decide whether you buy a package or not. It is really pointless to complain week after week about these offers over and over. It is really tiring. This is WG's offers, you accept it or not. If you planned to buy the 112, now it is your time, if you don't have the gold. Because it is slightly better deal than buying it in game. If you are not interested in that particular vehicle or the other offers, just pass. And that is all. And I am not a WG employee, I am just allergic to negativity which is produced in these topics.

RANT OFF

Murphy1up #11 Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postpiet11111, on 12 June 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Fair enough but can there at least be offers of tanks that we haven't seen over and over again or when that does happen not having a 10-15 euro tank bundled with a bunch of stuff to inflate the price to 50 euro's ?

Because most offers seem to be about picking a random tank tacking on some gold and free premium days and calling it a day.

At least that is the impression i always get from the weekly specials.

Tanks that are not commonly available, will remain unavailable.  Things like the MTLS or PzII-J for example are not tanks that are planned to be sold in the gift shop.  If you're looking for just the tank on it's own then all of them are normally available via the store - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/.  If the prices are too high for you then those tanks are also sometimes discounted in-game.   Those tanks are not going to be discounted via premium shop offers as it then makes any gold package redundant. (For example why buy gold when you can buy 5 discount tanks which would give you a greater gold return as you already have the tank). 

piet11111 #12 Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15726 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

I was thinking more about tanks like the KV-220 or the Tetrarch that ended up in an expensive bundle.

Seeing such tanks on their own outside of an expensive bundle would at least to me make the weekly offers more interesting.

Also just out of curiosity what is the reason tanks like the MTLS PzII-J or the BT-SV are not sold ?

What i have heard was this is for legal reasons but obviously hear say is not as good as an explanation from someone official.

1980bez #13 Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12238 battles

View PostEctar, on 12 June 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I don't think most people moaning about premium shop necessarily want heavily discounted tanks or gold or other goodies. All I want is for those offers to be interesting, different and original, capable of demonstrating to playerbase that WG do care. As an example, they could use the current On Track to IS-7 event and make several interesting Soviet heavies packages. Or have several premium tanks from different nations playing in the World Cup on offer. But hey, let's just use the template again this week instead, right?

AksuPaksu #14 Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5360 battles

View Postpiet11111, on 12 June 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I was thinking more about tanks like the KV-220 or the Tetrarch that ended up in an expensive bundle.

Seeing such tanks on their own outside of an expensive bundle would at least to me make the weekly offers more interesting.

Also just out of curiosity what is the reason tanks like the MTLS PzII-J or the BT-SV are not sold ?

What i have heard was this is for legal reasons but obviously hear say is not as good as an explanation from someone official.

35 euros isnt really expensive for the KV-220 if you compare it to other premium tanks

piet11111 #15 Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15726 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

View PostAksuPaksu, on 12 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

35 euros isnt really expensive for the KV-220 if you compare it to other premium tanks

I bought mine in a 50 euro package with a lot of gold.

But the issue i have is that wargaming decided to only make it available in a bundle to inflate the price tag instead of also offering the option of just getting the tank.

Such a thing is obviously in their right to do but strikes me as consumer unfriendly.

Znail #16 Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17676 battles
  • [JAUL] JAUL

View PostEctar, on 12 June 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Tanks that are not commonly available, will remain unavailable.  Things like the MTLS or PzII-J for example are not tanks that are planned to be sold in the gift shop.  If you're looking for just the tank on it's own then all of them are normally available via the store - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/.  If the prices are too high for you then those tanks are also sometimes discounted in-game.   Those tanks are not going to be discounted via premium shop offers as it then makes any gold package redundant. (For example why buy gold when you can buy 5 discount tanks which would give you a greater gold return as you already have the tank). 

I fail to see how someone paying WG 50 euro 5 times in a row is a bad thing for WG? Even if he gets more gold then usual, so would it still be 250 euro in the bank. It's not like you can assume that he would have bought that much at normal prices. The advantage with discounts for the seller is that it often makes buyers buy more then they planed to do.

TacticusMK2 #17 Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17600 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

Where are the good offers? Like the low tier premiums with 1 month premium for 10 euro or the valentine deals... 

Also please sell the tier 2 light tanks again. :)

Ulfhedinn_ #18 Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View Postpiet11111, on 12 June 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

The Tetrarch bundle is one of the best deals WG offer, it comes with gold, but at virtually an identical unit price as if you bought the biggest volume of gold you could (100 euro's worth). So you get virtually best gold price that's ever offered on any amount (and normally only offered on much larger amounts), and you also get the Tetrarch and garage slot. It is extremely good value. Yes you have to buy that gold to get the Tetrarch, but WG need to incentivise gold purchasing to optimise their sales, and the Tetrarch (& on other occasions PzB2 etc) is a really good way for them to do that. If WG now made those 'only-available-in-occasional-bundles-tanks' available free of any bundle, the people that bought bundles to get them might then feel a bit miffed (same goes for KV220). And also, how would WG then incentivise gold purchasing?

The MTLS will probably never come to game because it is so uber over-powered. It was meant to be released a few years ago in a Delux Gift Set but they never went ahead with it. The Pz2J has been commonly available until very recently, it's just that it was retail only, included in the WOT's German Gift Box set (which has now sold out). It was available to anyone anywhere (for use on RU, EU, & NA servers). All you had to do was go to WOT's wiki, go to the page for the Pz2J, read the bit at the top where it says it was only available retail and click the link it gave you to WOT's RU to see that retail option. Translate to whatever language, click the link it gave you to WG's official retail partner Hobbygames.RU, translate their site, and from them you could buy the German (with Pz2J) & Russian (with BT-SV) gift box sets over the Internet using Paypal and they'd ship it to you, anywhere. It did take a bit of digging to get them and quite some cash cuz postage isn't cheap from Russia. But it was possible if you wanted it enough. WG can't now offer those for general sale, because the Gift Box sets (& postage) people had to buy to get those tanks was a lot of money. And anyway, those tank codes that came in those Gift Boxes stated they were limited to 5k across all servers. You might get lucky though if you went to a physical event that WG are attending, they have occasionally given out free codes for Pz2J (and Type-59) at events.

Edit - just in case someone doesn't realise and makes an expensive mistake, Hobbygames.RU are still showing the German (with Pz2J) and Russian (with BT-SV) gift box sets in stock. If they have them, other retailers quoted on WOT's RU retail partner page (in Ukraine, Poland, other places in Russia) may also have stock. BUT BEWARE - these are a re-release, and the tank codes in those new box sets only work on RU (as described on WOT's RU page about them). The new ones that won't work on EU or NA come in greyish coloured box sets with an image of a single tank in the middle front. The original box sets with codes that will work on EU or NA were: German box, coloured black lower half, cream top half, pictures of multiple German tanks driving toward you at top, Russian was red fading into cream, picture of Russian tanks driving toward you at top.

Edited by Maxmk6, 12 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

piet11111 #19 Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15726 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

Want to incentivize gold purchases ?

Make it more useful.

Quickest way to make gold more tempting is by upping the conversion rate for free xp instead of 1 gold per 25 xp maybe double it ?

Now that free xp is more attractive people would also be needing more silver to get those higher tier tanks purchased so that means either a prem tank or converting gold to silver.

Either way having a normally cheap by itself prem tank and wrapping it into a bundle for 50 euro's or even more just gives the impression of price gouging.

Ulfhedinn_ #20 Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

But it's not normally cheap by itself, it's not normally available at all. The Tetrarch was only given as a New Year gift or something, then made available in this bundle that appears very occasionally. It's general unavailability is what makes it incentivising. And gold is useful, at least enough think so for WG to be doing more than fine with selling it.

Considering all the discounts we get in-game on prem-tanks and also all the gifted prem-days & prem-tanks we can earn, I personally think WG are as generous as they can be and they only stop with availability or further price reduction or lower priced bundles or further freebies, where it would risk a real / serious devaluation of the economy and monetisation in WOT's. In terms of value, I think they do as much as any commercial business could be expected to do.

Also, if you bought all the tier 3, 4, & 5 prem-tanks normally available, if you waited for the right sales, you could buy all those tanks (and their garage slots) half price (which is great value). And if you had all those prem-tanks, together with whatever tech tree tanks you have, you'd be seriously struggling for time to complete your daily doubles on all of them. So the fact there are other low to mid tier prem-tanks that aren't commonly available isn't causing anyone to be left short. It's just extra stuff, icing on the cake, stuff that in any market would be more expensive and / or harder to get hold of.

Edited by Maxmk6, 12 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users