World Cup 2014? thx, but NO!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Kevbar #1 Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18504 battles

I was just wondering if it was possible that any of you chaps and chappesses gave less of a sh*t about the World Cup in Brazil than I do.

As a kid, I worshipped the game and played as much as I could, nowadays I detest the bleddy game; full of cheats with their pseudo-sportsmanlike behaviour. Even their governing body is corrupt. Don't even get me started on the money they earn, not when there are people out there doing things that actually matter such as the medical profession, police, firemen/women, teachers and of course the Armed Forces (obviously there are many more).

I'm just having a bit of a rant here really, but I would be interested to hear your views about why you hate football (or soccerball to our friends in the colonies Emoji ).

If you actually love football, and I know some of you do, please start your own thread if you feel the need to vent your spleen; there's a good chap. :popcorn:

Edit:-

I did play 1 game of the WoT footy yesterday and thought it was great fun,  (:great: to WG for that) however, I have not received my €100,000 appearance fee yet. I'm sure if any of the Admin guys read this, it'll be sorted before you can say "Rooney is an under-achieving, overpaid, potato-headed idiot" 

rooney_2.jpg

Edited by Kevbar, 13 June 2014 - 09:44 AM.

John_Preston #2 Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

So you don't like football. So what? Who cares?

I'm not interested in the world cup either, yet i don't make a thread about it.

Kevbar #3 Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18504 battles

Wow, someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning, lighten up!! 

Read it, don't like it, don't reply, move on. Simples.

ssgtom #4 Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38605 battles

View PostKevbar, on 13 June 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I was just wondering if it was possible that any of you chaps and chappesses gave less of a sh*t about the World Cup in Brazil than I do.

As a kid, I worshipped the game and played as much as I could, nowadays I detest the bleddy game; full of cheats with their pseudo-sportsmanlike behaviour. Even their governing body is corrupt. Don't even get me started on the money they earn, not when there are people out there doing things that actually matter such as the medical profession, police, firemen/women, teachers and of course the Armed Forces (obviously there are many more).

I'm just having a bit of a rant here really, but I would be interested to hear your views about why you hate football (or soccerball to our friends in the colonies Emoji ).

If you actually love football, and I know some of you do, please start your own thread if you feel the need to vent your spleen; there's a good chap. :popcorn:

Edit:-

I did play 1 game of the WoT footy yesterday and thought it was great fun,  (:great: to WG for that) however, I have not received my €100,000 appearance fee yet. I'm sure if any of the Admin guys read this, it'll be sorted before you can say "Rooney is an under-achieving, overpaid, potato-headed idiot" 

rooney_2.jpg

If you really didn't care, you'd just ignored it. But by writing this post you probably gave more attention to the world cup than half of the world's population who really don't care.

Edited by ssgtom, 13 June 2014 - 10:11 AM.

GemmaLou #5 Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

_kink_ #6 Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 119 battles
I like playing football, I'm only missing not being filmed to see how I look like and how I play :p

CuteGargoyle #7 Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17993 battles

I like playing soccer. (Having a kick about.  See I can use English phrases.)

I don't mind watching some games.

I love the tank soccer (more like ice hockey) game. Thank you WG.

It's those sissy players that writhe about on the ground after the slightest brush that totally tick me off.

Cheerleading is a sport where I have seen girls get kicked in the head and had noses broken. They frequently take elbows, or hands, to the face or a knee in the chest.  None of them has flopped to the ground and put on such a pathetic display of feigned agony as that shown by these footballers.  I hope RADA gets a cut from the profits of every game.  However they probably don't want to associate themselves with such ham acting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users