Jump to content


DeathAdder Mouse


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

mynameispuffs #1 Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 24028 battles
  • 5,566
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

Hi all, 

 

I've been considering getting the World of Tanks edition DeathAdder mouse (produced by Razer) and wondered if people could share their experiences with the mouse. 

My main concern is that it is quite large but I was wondering if it still fits into the hand nicely. 

Any thoughts and opinions on the mouse would be most appreciated :)

 

Yours

Puffs



EemeIi #2 Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21174 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011
Have it and like it. I specifically bought it since I feel most mice are too small. My hand is not anything XL, but man sized. +for the simplicity, don't want 20 buttons in my mouse. -for a type fault: the scrolling may get broken s.t. it's not smooth any more, i.e. if you scroll down it might jump up randomly. Haven't been able to fix it yet, but there are some instructions for that.

mynameispuffs #3 Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 24028 battles
  • 5,566
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

View PostEemeIi, on 18 June 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Have it and like it. I specifically bought it since I feel most mice are too small. My hand is not anything XL, but man sized. +for the simplicity, don't want 20 buttons in my mouse. -for a type fault: the scrolling may get broken s.t. it's not smooth any more, i.e. if you scroll down it might jump up randomly. Haven't been able to fix it yet, but there are some instructions for that.

Hmm that's one reasons why I'm looking at it: the simplicity. I'm fed up of seeing things which are half decent but have about 20 different buttons on them.

How many fingers on one hand do you think i have?! :facepalm:

 

Thanks for your feedback :)



keyres #4 Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35228 battles
  • 1,260
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

I have the old Death Adder, so I can't speak about the sensor, but the shape is the same.

 

Unlike Eemeli I have no problems so far with the scroll, despite the fact that I have it for a looooong time and I'm not a gentle user. It fits my hand nicely, and my hands aren't big at all. Everything works great.

My only complain is that this material it is covered with (while it isn't slippery which is good IMO) gets dirty rather easily.



KawaGreen #5 Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • 1,931
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
I got one and compared to my logitech g400/g5, it's, well, crap. Don't like it that much, the decals are nice but the mouse is too big and not tall enough to support my hand. I'm used to playing with it for world of tanks, but for other games I prefer my g400 or g5.

Edited by KawaGreen, 18 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.


Judqment8 #6 Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20289 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

Try one of these:

http://www.dx.com/p/rh2300-usb-2-0-wire-5-key-800-1600-2400-3200dpi-gaming-mouse-black-white-140cm-cable-231980#.U6GczyjCZ-Y

 

I don't own one since I already bought a new Roccat Kone Pure about a month ago. I'm tempted to buy one of these cheap chinese mouse to see how "bad" or great they actually are. :tongue: Who knows, they might actually be good. Not to mention that if it breaks you can just dump it into the trash can and buy a new one.



mynameispuffs #7 Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 24028 battles
  • 5,566
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

View PostJudqment8, on 18 June 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Try one of these:

http://www.dx.com/p/rh2300-usb-2-0-wire-5-key-800-1600-2400-3200dpi-gaming-mouse-black-white-140cm-cable-231980#.U6GczyjCZ-Y

 

I don't own one since I already bought a new Roccat Kone Pure about a month ago. I'm tempted to buy one of these cheap chinese mouse to see how "bad" or great they actually are. :tongue: Who knows, they might actually be good. Not to mention that if it breaks you can just dump it into the trash can and buy a new one.

Been searching up on them and they actually get quite good reviews.



Judqment8 #8 Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20289 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View Postmynameispuffs, on 18 June 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Been searching up on them and they actually get quite good reviews.


 Yeah. Might be actually worth the money since they are damn cheap.



punishersal #9 Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

    Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

  • Player
  • 17698 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011
I have been looking for new mouse and keeping eye on some of these cheap mouses. Some of them do have those colorful lights everywhere, but some of them looks nice. And Im interested in trying out those cheap ones too. Might give a try some day.

Judqment8 #10 Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20289 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011
I'll tell you if I end up getting one of those myself. I can compare it to my Roccat mouse.

brynje #11 Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15992 battles
  • 1,546
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

I've had 2 Deathadders... In my experience they are very good... when they work. The two I had started stuttering and do weird things after a years time. 

I got a Razer Taipan now and it's the best mouse I've had so far.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users