I finally uninstalled.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

prelate7 #1 Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2900 battles

Hi guys,

So I finally uninstalled the game. Since some time already I was getting frustrated at bad luck, how I'm playing, at my team, at loosing streaks etc. Yesterday was the day I just said to myself - no more. I was suppose to have fun, not this.

This is the game that looks much better in streams, and on YouTube, that actually is. So for certain I'll keep watching some of my favourite streamers etc. and be on forums - at least for some time.

And this is getting me to my question to you - how many of you do not play the game anymore but still keep track of things? Or do we have people here thinking that this game not for them anymore, and at least thinking about uninstalling?

Kind regards,

-Prelate

Darth_Woras #2 Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
What game? Minesweeper? NOOO!

boomaster #3 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23950 battles

View Postprelate7, on 22 June 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Hi guys,

So I finally uninstalled the game. Since some time already I was getting frustrated at bad luck, how I'm playing, at my team, at loosing streaks etc. Yesterday was the day I just said to myself - no more. I was suppose to have fun, not this.

This is the game that looks much better in streams, and on YouTube, that actually is. So for certain I'll keep watching some of my favourite streamers etc. and be on forums - at least for some time.

And this is getting me to my question to you - how many of you do not play the game anymore but still keep track of things? Or do we have people here thinking that this game not for them anymore, and at least thinking about uninstalling?

Kind regards,

-Prelate

So you uninstalled a game you no longer feel you wish to play and posted to tell the community of a game you no longer play that you are no longer playing? I'll be honest, games I have stopped playing don't even get a christmas card, because I don't play them anymore, I have moved on. If you keep around the boards and keep checking back in, you'll come back.......move on my friend, move on.. make a clean break, send all the wedding gifts back and find something cheap to keep you company for a bit..

Tichy67 #4 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11340 battles
There's one thing you have influence in - how you play. The rest is pure randomness, if you get frustrated by that uninstalling is a good idea. Took a longer break and enjoy the game again - goals are not winning (that depends on 29 others too) but staying in the top exp range of my team. There are enough missions who reward just this with extra cash, and that way the game is way more relaxing and fun ;)

prelate7 #5 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2900 battles

View Postboomaster, on 22 June 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

So you uninstalled a game you no longer feel you wish to play and posted to tell the community of a game you no longer play that you are no longer playing? I'll be honest, games I have stopped playing don't even get a christmas card, because I don't play them anymore, I have moved on. If you keep around the boards and keep checking back in, you'll come back.......move on my friend, move on.. make a clean break, send all the wedding gifts back and find something cheap to keep you company for a bit..

Fair enough.

saxsan4 #6 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18845 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
Join Waterloo Road clan to have some fun 

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20080 battles

I watched the streams quite a lot even when I didn't play this game at all - from spring 2013 to spring 2014.

I just didn't bother downloading WoT and reconfiguring XVM etc. Also, there were other games like BF4.

Shaka_D #8 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles

View Postprelate7, on 22 June 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Hi guys,

Kind regards,

-Prelate

Join the club, not played since the 17th June and still not worrying about it. Only 5 days but still have zero desire to return to the game, just too imbalanced for me. Maybe I'll come back later, who knows. I really enjoyed this game despite my many gripes with it but now it's simply too frustrating to play unless you have the mindset of a tomato. Still 'listen' in on the forums though in case they decide to fix a few things (I'll be old and dead by then, lol).

Edited by jinx_uk, 22 June 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you don't have fun any more, quitting is the only option. Or you simply stop taking the game too serious any more - that's what I do. I still log in every few days to do a little *VRRROOOOOOOAM* and *PHEWPHEW* until I get bored or until my blood is boiling because of the stupidity and the broken balance. And that mostly happens after 3-5 matches.

But I check the forums every day. Fun place, fun people, always things to laugh about or to lose some faith into humanity.

Edited by Jigabachi, 22 June 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Sapaki #10 Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9331 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA

Take a break, stop alltogether, whatever you feel better with. 

We all get more or less frustrated and tired from it. Some come back, some don't, it's just how the game is. It always had issues and always has had reasons to drive people away. That been said it is still a very good game!

gl mate!

RockyRocks #11 Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14667 battles
I haven't played this game for more than 3 months and started playing recently again. As you know the obvious reason for discontinuation but taking a long break will help you. I no longer have an urge to play like 50+ games a day and to grind certain tanks and so on....But even this is frustrating at times for me if you look at my recent win rate you will know why.

CuteGargoyle #12 Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17983 battles

Maybe we need a pinned "I uninstalled" topic.

People could just go in and say "I just did this because......." and leave without raising another whole thread about it.

Just saying.

Dutchmul #13 Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 22 June 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

If you don't have fun any more, quitting is the only option. Or you simply stop taking the game too serious any more - that's what I do. I still log in every few days to do a little *VRRROOOOOOOAM* and *PHEWPHEW* until I get bored or until my blood is boiling because of the stupidity and the broken balance. And that mostly happens after 3-5 matches.

But I check the forums every day. Fun place, fun people, always things to laugh about or to lose some faith into humanity.

This is where i've gotten too as well. Just back from a 10 day break from the game and played a few battles yesterday, logged out after 10 battles or so, couldn't get a win in my matilda after 4 battles so time to go do something else.

I'm looking more at light tanks these days for some vroom vroom fun. Only tank i'm waiting for is the Firefly(although i'm sure i'll be disappointed with wg's implementation of it).

On a side note, are server numbers slowly dropping as I rarely see 200k plus on these days or am I imagining this?

dyrewolfe #14 Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 4721 battles

View PostCuteGargoyle, on 22 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

People could just go in and say "I just did this because......." and leave without raising another whole thread about it.

Just saying.

Brilliant idea!

Maybe someone could mention this to the mods?

Personally I've no idea someone would want to hang around on a forum dedicated to a game they no longer play, but each to their own, I suppose.

I totally understand this can be a very frustrating game at times, but I've decided to persevere until I reach tier 8, at least, so I can hopefully understand all the rage threads about how broken high-tier gameplay is (or how there are way too many noob tomatoes at that level).

(Just hope WG keep WoT running long enough for me to get there...it may take some time...)

Edited by dyrewolfe, 22 June 2014 - 12:31 PM.

dyrewolfe #15 Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 4721 battles

View PostDutchmul, on 22 June 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

This is where i've gotten too as well. Just back from a 10 day break from the game and played a few battles yesterday, logged out after 10 battles or so, couldn't get a win in my matilda after 4 battles so time to go do something else.

I'm looking more at light tanks these days for some vroom vroom fun. Only tank i'm waiting for is the Firefly(although i'm sure i'll be disappointed with wg's implementation of it).

On a side note, are server numbers slowly dropping as I rarely see 200k plus on these days or am I imagining this?

I've noticed a drop too, since I started playing. EU1 usually has around 50-100k and EU2 around 150k during the times I play (mostly weekends).

Guess thats at least partly to do with "that other tank game", but I can also understand people finding completely different ways to spend their free time.

CuteGargoyle #16 Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17983 battles

View Postdyrewolfe, on 22 June 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Brilliant idea!

Personally I've no idea someone would want to hang around on a forum dedicated to a game they no longer play, but each to their own, I suppose.

Some of us hang around for a bit after uninstalling because we have made friends in game and on the forum.

We want to ditch the game, not the friends.

yaourti #17 Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA

View PostCuteGargoyle, on 22 June 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Some of us hang around for a bit after uninstalling because we have made friends in game and on the forum.

We want to ditch the game, not the friends.

You've uninstalled for good CG?

Or maybe you'll come back after a break

I saw you on Province a few weeks ago, I was in my loltraktor or Pz1, I don't remember what you were driving but you were the last of your team alive and when I saw it was you it made me scared of coming round the corner!

I wanted to say hello but didn't get the chance (I just can't play and type at the same time):ohmy:.

Kolmiopaavo #18 Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43743 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Well done Mr. Attention Whore. Did you get the attention you were looking for? Seriosly, these threads are getting out of hand. If you quit just quit, but theres no need to shout about it. Ive quitted many games in my life and never felt like telling others about it. Its natural that at some point you lose passion to the game, but why you need to shout about it?

bean57 #19 Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18721 battles

View PostCuteGargoyle, on 22 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Just saying.

Believe it or not someone did start one last year!  It was called something like "The Official I Quit Thread".  It was done tongue in cheek of course as a response to the numerous "I'm leaving the game threads"

Perhaps it should be resurrected 

wsatnutter #20 Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24731 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Ok so you made some friends use ts to keep in touch and stop spamming the forums with i quit as well posts

we don't care nor does wargaming cos everyone knows you will reinstall soon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users