WoT tactics YouTube channel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

IBeeSI #1 Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hey guys.
Was thinking about creating youtube channel about World Of Tanks dedicated for tactics on various tanks for some time now and desided to start it.
So here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/IBeeSI
I already created a topic about my WoT livestream and now I'm starting this.
I'm russian and play on Russian Server of WoT. Don't beat me up for my rusty english, yeah, I know I need some practiсing there (one of the reasons why I'm starting).
Anyway, check it out, should be pretty entertaining to watch.

Keep me posted on what you think and let me know if you want some videos for a particular tank done.
I'm making commentaries "on the go", not after the battle, sorry if I sometimes will lose a line of thought. It may change though, and I think I will add some of our Global Conquest battles versus strong clans here as well (they will be without commentaries, but still pretty interesting)

Laughter #2 Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

First Sergeant

• ESL Admin
  • 0 battles
If any EU players want to watch some live WoT streaming I recommend this Russian site: http://www.worldoftanks.tv/ I have watched your stream there :)

SimonK #3 Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Great job BeeS, I really like your live stream, something to watch while at work haha :D

And yeah, I'd love to see some proper tactics vids :) would it be possible for you to create some med platoon/group wolfpack video? I've been trying to show people how to do it while I play random battles, but many are simply clueless as to what a wolfpack rush involves...
The other request would be a heavy/med/td combo, I've seen many of those as well, but rarely do people make the most out of it.

So yeah, a video with a commentary would certainly help!

IBeeSI #4 Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I'll see what I can do about platoons video, there's just a little problem: as I said, I'm making commentaries on the go, and for platoon video I'll need to add commentaries after the battle (cause when you play in platoon you need to communicate with each other, and we speak russian, so...). I'm not very good with video editing yet, but I'll find some way around it. With my own work to do and evening livestreams I think platoon tactics should be postponed till weekend, but I'll definitly make them.

Oh yeah, and for those who want to watch a livestream, but can't manage, here is the link for my justin archive: http://ru.justin.tv/ibeesi/videos

IBeeSI #5 Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
New videos posted, including a duel on T-54 vs Is-7 here:

I'm still taking requests for which tanks I should make videos and for those who did already, some good news: I got around the problem with my voiceover editing and you can expect some squad videos soon, a few days I hope.

desacred #6 Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
IS-7 - he just stand and move only his turret around, lol. If You make some "how-to" videos take better players to it plz.

IBeeSI #7 Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postdesacred, on 08 June 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

IS-7 - he just stand and move only his turret around, lol. If You make some "how-to" videos take better players to it plz.
LoL) re-watch it) he didn't turn his hull only when his tracks were shot by me)
If he moved only his turret I would be hit by him only once before I started circling him)

ghoty #8 Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Awesome vid with the IS-7. What would you say, is it easier if there is cover involved? how much cover?

Would be nice to see you do this on Himmelsdorf for example. This could become really epic, as you would have to move around much farther I think.

Demoned #9 Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Nice that i found this thread, was thinking of doing something like this myself XD

Thing is i really only know light and med tactics
but i made a video highlighting some of the simple tacs for light tanks,
if u can use it then feel free to do so

ghoty #10 Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Some problems with the scouting vid.

Longest path is not the best. The best path is different from map to map. It also depends on where your teammates are going.

I can't emphasize this enough, a scout is ultimately dependent on teamwork, he can't achieve anything on his own. So you should point this out next time. You have to make shure you are covered by bigger tanks that can take advantage of your spotting.

Also, you are so fragile, you have to anticipate enemy movement more than anybody else.

BUT, I have to say, I agree with the most parts in the vid. Just this 10-20%.

For example, scroll to minute 2:13-2:16
notice the cover an your left? Why not drive behind it for there is cover left and right and the tank shooting you is on the right. You might have evaded getting hit.

Also at 2:50, I have to say I never drive that far into the city at the start. Up to 3:15, you do a very bad move. If that tank had been an IS, or any better medium, you would have been dead.
What I would like to see in a scouting vid is, effectively revealing enemy tanks for a long time for your heavies, arties or tds to destroy them, prevent teammates from getting flanked through propper scouting, destroying a td through flanking and how to invade a base at a key moment.

Of course, this is open for discussion. Kudos to you, for actually posting a vid. I think constructive critizism is normally quite helpful.
Game on.

MoPrime #11 Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think u must invest your Time more to the Video Editing Programs so you can make in the next future good Video´s !!!

Demoned #12 Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postghoty, on 12 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

Some problems with the scouting vid.

Longest path is not the best. The best path is different from map to map. It also depends on where your teammates are going.

I can't emphasize this enough, a scout is ultimately dependent on teamwork, he can't achieve anything on his own. So you should point this out next time. You have to make shure you are covered by bigger tanks that can take advantage of your spotting.

Also, you are so fragile, you have to anticipate enemy movement more than anybody else.

BUT, I have to say, I agree with the most parts in the vid. Just this 10-20%.

For example, scroll to minute 2:13-2:16
notice the cover an your left? Why not drive behind it for there is cover left and right and the tank shooting you is on the right. You might have evaded getting hit.

Also at 2:50, I have to say I never drive that far into the city at the start. Up to 3:15, you do a very bad move. If that tank had been an IS, or any better medium, you would have been dead.
What I would like to see in a scouting vid is, effectively revealing enemy tanks for a long time for your heavies, arties or tds to destroy them, prevent teammates from getting flanked through propper scouting, destroying a td through flanking and how to invade a base at a key moment.

Of course, this is open for discussion. Kudos to you, for actually posting a vid. I think constructive critizism is normally quite helpful.
Game on.

Frist, i take the longest paths so i can get around the back of the  enemy and hopefully spot Artys and TD camping, But i know what ur getting  at, i tend to normally go the long route then double back down centre  of the map (when pos) i might not be the first to spot them but i try to keep the enemy lit up.
Second :) i didnt head right/left because i want the extra speed down the hill at the time before heading for cover, and i was hopeing that going straight down would put me out of their aim, him been so high it might of been pos his gun could'nt point that far down. besides when been shot at with those types of guns any action is better than none lol
Third i normaly always head into the town on that map at the start off and, do about 3 laps (normaly) lots of cover to be used there and you'll soon get out of the enemys line of shight by ducking around buildings,
yes i can and have been 1 shotted  but thats always a risk when ur in  alight tank XD

And I'll take any and all critizism if it helps to improve my game then its all good XD
just thought i'd add some light for the way i play at least i dont drive stright down the middle and get ganked by a rain of shells lol.

IBeeSI #13 Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Lol) on 3rd minute you are on Leo in a tier 4 battle, and you still think you are a scout) But the thing is, Leo can not be peneterated by other tier 4 tanks (or lower). In such a battle Leo is the heavy tank, which just so happened to be very fast. Why run from a-20 and let him shoot your rear? You are the main powerhouse in tier 4 battle, yet you finish with 0 frags. Dissapointing.

Sturmtiger_304 #14 Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostIBeeSI, on 07 June 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

New videos posted, including a duel on T-54 vs Is-7 here:
I'm still taking requests for which tanks I should make videos and for those who did already, some good news: I got around the problem with my voiceover editing and you can expect some squad videos soon, a few days I hope.
That IS-7 player is terrible, rofl. Getting the highest tier in the game doesn't mean you will hit max skill level with it. :>

IBeeSI #15 Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 14 June 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

That IS-7 player is terrible, rofl. Getting the highest tier in the game doesn't mean you will hit max skill level with it. :>
I Agree with that completely (about highest tier i mean). But that video was pure duel, which doesn't happen in real battles that much, and if it is, it's not an open field. And if it is not an open field, T-54 got very low chanses of winning. I myself only managed to do so twice, and I got like 700 battles with T-54. One of them I have on record, it was one of global conquest battles. Here it is:

Skip to the 14th minute.

Oh, and btw u guys are misunderstanding the reason why i posted that duel (Previous one). It was not to show off my skills, and my opponent wasn't playing bad, I just wanted to show that T-54 can beat IS-7 in ideal for T-54 conditions, thats all.

ghoty #16 Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I cannot watch it, it is blocked in germany because of GEMA and the music you're using. >.<

SimonK #17 Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Like BeeS said, it's not a real situation, but it shows what has been asked - how to deal with an is7, should you encounter one in close combat.

IBeeSI #18 Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postghoty, on 15 June 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

I cannot watch it, it is blocked in germany because of GEMA and the music you're using. >.<
Yeah, sorry about that. I will be doing my next videos with standart in-game music.